Any Christians?

JoPerrin

Brainwashing comes to mind, if your faith and church are so wonderful, and you believe so much, why are you here, surely the word is, 'thou shalt not worship false gods', and I am sure this as much as any fan site has members who worship MIka and treat him like a god. example, how many members as soon as a new blog is released spread the word, and upon hearing the word rush off to check it out.

Imagine if email and internet were available during the time Jesus, and unemployed carpenter, was doing his stuff, no different than MFC, perhaps mika is the second coming, or is it Sam Sparro, or a well known sports personality, as Kevin Keegan is on merseyside and Newcastle, perhaps he is the coming and rebirth. Oh and Quentin is so wonderful I best not tell you what I think of wonderpreacher, oh he changed my life crap, you my friend are responsible for your life, so get a grip on reality and sort yourself out, instead of wanting to get help, you probably carry pics of Quentin in your wallet, he has no hotline to god, the church is using you to make money,

Yes I have beliefs, I live by good morals, as do my children, I must be bad and burn in hell, listen, I dont need saving, as long as I live honestly the church will survive without my help, o i think i need help, i will turn to god, jesus saves, dont worry ronaldo nets the rebound.

What about the sex scandals of the church, the profit making of the church,

churgoers are no different than MFC members, lots of gossip, supposedly doing good and helping others with no questions or reward, though in church, whichever faith you belong to there is always seperate cliques, so much for spreading the good word, more of spread the rumor.

and since you have taken the time to read this, guess what, I do not give a 5hit for your opinions.

and just for the record, ronaldo plays for the RED DEVILS, pmsl

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna get invloved with Church again, but i wouldn't know how to tell my parents again. Ok, my dad used to teach sunday school waaay back, but they think im over with christianity and stuff.

My dad hasn't been in years, and my mums not really bothered :blink:

if church is a good thing then why would your parents feel the need to object, perhaps they stopped going as they could see further into the church method than you can, then some crank comes in and tells us all about quentin and how wonderful, having faith does not mean you have to go to church, and if this thread had not started, what would you be doing now, religion is for the individual person to deal with, having faith is a different thing

Hi everybody

Like the sound of your camp Finkster- I'm going to a big Christian festival- camping- this weekend. It's called Greenbelt, and it's supposed to be the arty-est and most creative of the UK festivals. Usually I work as a steward at these things to meet new people and avoid paying, but this time I'm going with a group from my church so it should be fun

Greenbelt has to be the most facinating youth festival, lotst of the young from my old church used to go every year, and I cannot remember any bad stories, your report should be good, unless you already posted then send a link.

Brainwashing comes to mind, if your faith and church are so wonderful, and you believe so much, why are you here, surely the word is, 'thou shalt not worship false gods', and I am sure this as much as any fan site has members who worship MIka and treat him like a god. example, how many members as soon as a new blog is released spread the word, and upon hearing the word rush off to check it out.

Imagine if email and internet were available during the time Jesus, and unemployed carpenter, was doing his stuff, no different than MFC, perhaps mika is the second coming, or is it Sam Sparro, or a well known sports personality, as Kevin Keegan is on merseyside and Newcastle, perhaps he is the coming and rebirth. Oh and Quentin is so wonderful I best not tell you what I think of wonderpreacher, oh he changed my life crap, you my friend are responsible for your life, so get a grip on reality and sort yourself out, instead of wanting to get help, you probably carry pics of Quentin in your wallet, he has no hotline to god, the church is using you to make money,

Yes I have beliefs, I live by good morals, as do my children, I must be bad and burn in hell, listen, I dont need saving, as long as I live honestly the church will survive without my help, o i think i need help, i will turn to god, jesus saves, dont worry ronaldo nets the rebound.

What about the sex scandals of the church, the profit making of the church,

churgoers are no different than MFC members, lots of gossip, supposedly doing good and helping others with no questions or reward, though in church, whichever faith you belong to there is always seperate cliques, so much for spreading the good word, more of spread the rumor.

and since you have taken the time to read this, guess what, I do not give a 5hit for your opinions.

Well, I was trying to figure out why you even bothered coming to this thread to post such insulting rubbish, but tbh I’m not going to waste my time on that. I just want to say that what you said makes no sense….has anyone here said Mika is a god? You know, it IS possible to be a fan and admire someone for their hard work and talent without believing they are a higher power. I really don’t see the point of you randomly entering this thread and insulting people, when, as far as I know (correct me if I’m wrong), no one here has attacked you. If you don’t believe in God or Jesus or a religion then that’s your choice; I for one am not in the business of converting. My faith is a personal thing and I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone. I know none of your immature rant was directly attacking me, but all the same it was rude and ignorant, and above all, senseless.

I’m the first person to criticise the institution of the church, and in ANY institution there’s going to be corruption and gossip by both leaders and members: I'm not going to defend that. This thread was started so people could discuss their faith and/or religion: like any thread on MFC, it’s a place to meet like-minded people. Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, but don’t expect anyone to RESPECT your opinion if you think you have a right to insult people.

Well, I was trying to figure out why you even bothered coming to this thread to post such insulting rubbish, but tbh I’m not going to waste my time on that. I just want to say that what you said makes no sense….has anyone here said Mika is a god? You know, it IS possible to be a fan and admire someone for their hard work and talent without believing they are a higher power. I really don’t see the point of you randomly entering this thread and insulting people, when, as far as I know (correct me if I’m wrong), no one here has attacked you. If you don’t believe in God or Jesus or a religion then that’s your choice; I for one am not in the business ofconverting. My faith is a personal thing and I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone. I know none of your immature rant was directly attacking me, but all the same it was rude and ignorant, and above all, senseless.

I’m the first person to criticise the institution of the church, and in ANY institution there’s going to be corruption and gossip by both leaders and members: I'm not going to defend that. This thread was started so people could discuss their faith and/or religion: like any thread on MFC, it’s a place to meet like-minded people. Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, but don’t expect anyone to RESPECT your opinion if you think you have a right to insult people.

If only you knew me, still if my posts make you take time to reply that is good, and like any subject you care to mention there is more than one opinion, the fact mine questions the subject rather than mocks or insults shows that you do not understand the context. Still the ying and yang situation, I am not making any apologies for the content.

Are you saying I am ignorant because you dont know me or because I express different views than yours? Oh and by the way explain where I attacked anyone, you appear to confused about the post.

I suppose this is another ignorant rant, perhaps you should take a long good look at yourself.

Greenbelt has to be the most facinating youth festival, lotst of the young from my old church used to go every year, and I cannot remember any bad stories, your report should be good, unless you already posted then send a link.

Greenbelt was really good. Had a lovely lazy time with my church group, got writing again, heard some good talks. Found it musically challenged though- stuck in the 70s and very folky. Found I was too old for speed dating (by 8 months) and for the good music (by 29 years).

I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone. .

I guess it wasn't you then, but I sure saw a lot of Christians in the "Any Atheists" thread. Mind, one thing I didn't see was many atheists, most people seeming to say they believed in some sort of higher power one way or another.

Greenbelt was really good. Had a lovely lazy time with my church group, got writing again, heard some good talks. Found it musically challenged though- stuck in the 70s and very folky. Found I was too old for speed dating (by 8 months) and for the good music (by 29 years).

I guess it wasn't you then, but I sure saw a lot of Christians in the "Any Atheists" thread. Mind, one thing I didn't see was many atheists, most people seeming to say they believed in some sort of higher power one way or another.

Hey SS I thought you would like Greenbelt, it is perhaps not your choice for next year, and by the way you are never to old to do what you want to do.

An Atheist thread, god what will come next

If only you knew me, still if my posts make you take time to reply that is good, and like any subject you care to mention there is more than one opinion, the fact mine questions the subject rather than mocks or insults shows that you do not understand the context. Still the ying and yang situation, I am not making any apologies for the content.

Are you saying I am ignorant because you dont know me or because I express different views than yours? Oh and by the way explain where I attacked anyone, you appear to confused about the post.

I suppose this is another ignorant rant, perhaps you should take a long good look at yourself.

First off, obviously I don’t know you in real life so the only way I can form an impression of you is through your posts. So if you care about what impression you make on people, maybe you should make your posts clearer.

If I don’t understand this “context” you speak of, please explain it to me. All I can see is someone who has never posted in this thread coming in and offending people and their beliefs. Let me make myself clear: everyone has a right to post in this (or any) thread; what I don’t appreciate is the tone.

You say that your post questions the subject rather than mocks or insults?? Saying “if you believe so much, why are you here?” is not only criticising that person’s presence here but is also mocking their beliefs when you don’t know all the details. Calling someone’s beliefs “crap” is mocking, in my opinion. Your remark, “instead of wanting to get help, you probably carry pics of Quentin in your wallet, he has no hotline to god” strikes me as insulting. And please don’t try to say that “o i think i need help, i will turn to god, jesus saves, dont worry ronaldo nets the rebound” is not mocking! Do you not think that saying “I do not give a 5hit for your opinions” could be seen as insulting?

You don’t think that calling someone “some crank” is an attack?

My clear explanations here are the reasons I interpreted your posts as ignorant. As I made clear in my response, of course you are entitled to your opinion; I would never call someone ignorant for expressing an opinion. It was your tone and disparaging remarks that I believe were ignorant.

Point taken, SS :thumb_yello: And I stand by what I said: I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone; I respect people's choices.

First off, obviously I don’t know you in real life so the only way I can form an impression of you is through your posts. So if you care about what impression you make on people, maybe you should make your posts clearer.

If I don’t understand this “context” you speak of, please explain it to me. All I can see is someone who has never posted in this thread coming in and offending people and their beliefs. Let me make myself clear: everyone has a right to post in this (or any) thread; what I don’t appreciate is the tone.

You say that your post questions the subject rather than mocks or insults?? Saying “if you believe so much, why are you here?” is not only criticising that person’s presence here but is also mocking their beliefs when you don’t know all the details. Calling someone’s beliefs “crap” is mocking, in my opinion. Your remark, “instead of wanting to get help, you probably carry pics of Quentin in your wallet, he has no hotline to god” strikes me as insulting. And please don’t try to say that “o i think i need help, i will turn to god, jesus saves, dont worry ronaldo nets the rebound” is not mocking! Do you not think that saying “I do not give a 5hit for your opinions” could be seen as insulting?

You don’t think that calling someone “some crank” is an attack?

My clear explanations here are the reasons I interpreted your posts as ignorant. As I made clear in my response, of course you are entitled to your opinion; I would never call someone ignorant for expressing an opinion. It was your tone and disparaging remarks that I believe were ignorant.

Point taken, SS :thumb_yello: And I stand by what I said: I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone; I respect people's choices.

I am not blessed with good grammar, I write as I speak, I have know the church from the inside, and know lots of christians walk away from those less fortunate, and to prove this, I invited some homeless people to my old church, and asked them to sit in different parts, the people who normally sat in the pews and around the pews found somewhere else to sit that Sunday, only a few spoke and spent time with my homeless friends.

I am not blessed with good grammar, I write as I speak, I have know the church from the inside, and know lots of christians walk away from those less fortunate, and to prove this, I invited some homeless people to my old church, and asked them to sit in different parts, the people who normally sat in the pews and around the pews found somewhere else to sit that Sunday, only a few spoke and spent time with my homeless friends.

Um, okay….I see we’re not going to get any further here.

I understand your anecdote – I'm not going to get into the issue of how many Christians are all talk and no action right now – but I don’t see what it has to do with your previous remarks.

Anyway, I hope any possible future discussions can be less antagonistic.

Night all :bye:

... and to prove this, I invited some homeless people to my old church,

Isn't that using the homeless people, and making them feel bad, to make the churchgoers look and feel bad? The church exists to help the weak, and sinners. Proving that that's who you find there's a bit pointless, I think. Who gained from your experiment- apart from you?

To be honest, I problably wouldn't have said much more than Hi to them either.

Wow... I like the drawing... I think it's quite powerful...

Hey there Melanie!

Don't worry, you're not the only one that struggles with faith... I've not long come back to it...

Even though I struggle with my faith, I feel like God is leading me in the right direction, and I think I'm starting to trust Him more...

And questioning is good... it helps you grow in your faith...

That's great news!

One happens to be the Gospel of Judas...

I agree with you...

That bit about homosexuality is something I've read in the Catechism of the Catholic Church...

My personal opinion on is is that someone can be gay and still love God. As far as I'm concerned, being gay doesn't hurt anyone.

It's Darth Maul... he's the apprentice sith lord in Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace...

He's a Zabrak :naughty:...

I got a bit excitable whenI saw the movie cause he had a double edged light sabre, but wasn't happy when he died...

Hmmmm... I've heard of it, neverseen it though...

There are a few books/movies that are a bit like that...

The Da Vinci Code is one (the Catholic Church thought it was painting an unfavourable light on Opus Dei)... Other ones I've read include Seven Ancient Wonders and Six Sacred Stones by Matthew Reilly (bloody good Aussie author)... Those two not only paint the Catholic Church in an unfavourable light, but Americans too...

They're all after the capstone cause it makes the perosn who puts it in place at the right time ends up being powerful for 1000 years...

The Americans try to get pieces of the capstone that sat on top of the pyramid at Giza and was hidden with each ancient wonderr, and can only find the other pieces by decoding a language called the word of thoth... and an oracle's child is the only one who can... It's the Americans vs the Europeans (the Vatican, France, Germany and Italy) vs Australia/Ireland/Jamaica/United Arab Emirates/Israel/Spain/New Zealand/Canada...

Guess who gets the power at the end of Seven Ancient Wonders? :naughty:

Thanks lady. :) I recently colored everything in, so it looks better now. I will try to take an updated photo sometime.

I spoke with a boy today that attends the program where I work. I saw he had a Bible and asked him what it was (I knew what it was, but just wanted to ask to start a conversation). He told me that he was reading through the whole Bible and that he was currently reading 1st Chronicles. I thought that was awesome. What dedication, eh?

This thread is getting very confusing.

First of all, I'm starting to wonder what you all people mean by "christian"... seems like everyone here has their own (sometimes narrow-minded, sorry but i mean it) conception of the word and tends to forget christianity involves many currents and that there are loads of disagreements between the different christian movements and churches.

I fully understand what weelax said -altho he has his own, personal, acid way to say it - and I understand why some people can get disappointed by some of these movements, and I think that you guys should also remember we have cultural differences according to the place we live in, and shouldn't feel attacked straight away when someone states they don't understand some ritual or practice. I will, for instance, never understand the preacher thing you have in some parts of the world, and I actually rather condemn it. Plus, I do consider religion is a private business, and don't really see why it needs to be displayed publicly. I do understand, tho, that some people want to adress it and discuss with people who think like them, but please try to stay open minded and not to overreact/attack anyone.

Basically when someone says "I don't give a **** for your opinions" I am inclined to not bother replying. Obviously there's going to be a conflict of interest and I would much rather this topic remain fairly peaceful than have tons of responses that resemble a bad merry-go-round.

I fully understand what weelax said -altho he has his own, personal, acid way to say it - and I understand why some people can get disappointed by some of these movements, and I think that you guys should also remember we have cultural differences according to the place we live in, and shouldn't feel attacked straight away when someone states they don't understand some ritual or practice. I will, for instance, never understand the preacher thing you have in some parts of the world, and I actually rather condemn it. Plus, I do consider religion is a private business, and don't really see why it needs to be displayed publicly. I do understand, tho, that some people want to adress it and discuss with people who think like them, but please try to stay open minded and not to overreact/attack anyone.

Hey Niki :bye:

I’m all for diversity and people expressing their views, as long as it is done in a respectful way. I hope nobody interprets my responses as over-reacting. Maybe you understood what he was trying to say, but my problem, as I clearly stated, was with the tone and the direct attack on other people and their beliefs. I have no problem debating things with people whose opinions differ from mine, but (for fear of sounding like a broken record) as long as it is done in a respectful way. To be honest, I don’t feel I was defending Christianity, rather challenging someone’s rude attacks on another person. Maybe that wasn’t my place, but I felt strongly about that. Anyway, I’m happy to put this behind us. :thumb_yello:

I didn't think you overreacted Neeve, but were more so trying to understand what the point was. But like you said, I think it's better to put this behind us.

So...how have you been, lady? :)

I'm grand, just listening to that song - it's gorgeous, and the guy in particular has a beautiful voice!!

How are you?

Glad you like it! I love the chorus...it's such a pretty song!

I'm doing fine....ready for the weekend to begin! Btw I love your avie! Each time I see your posts I admire it. :D

It is a lovely song! :thumb_yello:

Awh thanks - I actually just found it online; i wanted something pink :wub2: so I just googled "pink" and I found it! :naughty: (I hope I don't get into trouble, lol!)

Any big plans for the weekend?

Not me, half my family members are in the US right now so I'm minding the dogs! :naughty:

No problem. :)

No big plans for me this weekend really. There's a big football game going on in my city and I may go tailgating with family, but I won't bother watching the game. lol And of course I'll go to church on Sunday. I stayed up so late last Saturday drawing my new picture that I missed church in the morning! I heard the sermon wasn't too special though, so I was glad I didn't miss "much." ;)

Ah! and why aren't you here in the US??

No problem. :)

No big plans for me this weekend really. There's a big football game going on in my city and I may go tailgating with family, but I won't bother watching the game. lol And of course I'll go to church on Sunday. I stayed up so late last Saturday drawing my new picture that I missed church in the morning! I heard the sermon wasn't too special though, so I was glad I didn't miss "much." ;)

Ah! and why aren't you here in the US??

I know what you mean, but I have to say I often find that personal reflection time is more beneficial than listening to a priest....for me anyway!

Ah yes, football is big there isn't it :naughty: Sounds like fun, even if you don't watch the game!!

Well, I'm wondering why I'm not there...I guess I had the chance to go, but I've stuff to do here and I'm moving to Portugal in less than 3 weeks so I want to have everything sorted. :naughty:

I understand what you mean! That's why I didn't feel bad about missing out on the service, because I knew that I could find a quiet place to read my Bible and reflect on things on my own. I am a firm believer that Jesus doesn't just exist in churches. :)

Ooh, Portugal! Sounds like an exciting change. I hope you get everything sorted out. Perhaps a visit to the US can happen later on when you are all moved in!