Any Christians?

JoPerrin

I understand what you mean! That's why I didn't feel bad about missing out on the service, because I knew that I could find a quiet place to read my Bible and reflect on things on my own. I am a firm believer that Jesus doesn't just exist in churches. :)

Ooh, Portugal! Sounds like an exciting change. I hope you get everything sorted out. Perhaps a visit to the US can happen later on when you are all moved in!

I totally agree :thumb_yello:

Yeah I'm looking forward to Portugal :biggrin2: I have to work on my Portuguese!

Actually, I'm applying to grad schools in the US for Sept 09, so HOPEFULLY I'll be spending a lot of time there from then on!!! Also, I've a friend in NYC who I might be visiting next summer....I have to say, I love the US :wink2:

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Portugal is actually on my top list of places to visit. I have never been outside of the US, but I have a big desire to travel!

Really? Where do you plan to apply/live? Have you been here before? I'm pleased to know you like the US. There are some really lovely places to live here!

Portugal is actually on my top list of places to visit. I have never been outside of the US, but I have a big desire to travel!

Really? Where do you plan to apply/live? Have you been here before? I'm pleased to know you like the US. There are some really lovely places to live here!

Yeah, Portugal is gorgeous :wub2:

I'm applying to four schools, in Ohio, Illinois, California and New York...I chose them by the courses they offer; I want to do linguistics.

Yeah, we have family and friends in different places; I've been to Massachussetts, Pennsylvania, New York, California, Texas and Arizona. Each state is so different!! Have you travelled a lot in the States?

I've never been to the midwest, so that's on my list!

I'm only a few hours from Illinois. You can get anymore midwest than that! Ohio is nice too...although I imagine you might like NY and Cali just for the exciting aspects that those states provide!

I have family in Pennsylvania, actually. I've visited 15-20 states, although I've only visited most of the east coast. Over the next couple of years I plan to visit the west coast more!

Hope you make it to the Midwest. If you are even in Missouri, you must let me know! :)

I'm only a few hours from Illinois. You can get anymore midwest than that! Ohio is nice too...although I imagine you might like NY and Cali just for the exciting aspects that those states provide!

I have family in Pennsylvania, actually. I've visited 15-20 states, although I've only visited most of the east coast. Over the next couple of years I plan to visit the west coast more!

Hope you make it to the Midwest. If you are even in Missouri, you must let me know! :)

Cool, thanks for the info...I did LOVE NY and California, but we'll see where I get in! (if....)

That's cool you've seen soooo many states!!

Certainly I'll let you know if I'm in or near Missouri! That'd be fun!!

Right, it's nearly 3am so I'm off to bed, finally! Nice talkin to you again :wink2: Goodnight!!

Every time I come here, I'm posting to myself. Seems I missed all the action. :naughty:

Not me, half my family members are in the US right now so I'm minding the dogs! :naughty:

Really? That's nice, what are they here for, if you don't mind me asking?

I know what you mean, but I have to say I often find that personal reflection time is more beneficial than listening to a priest....for me anyway!

Ah yes, football is big there isn't it Sounds like fun, even if you don't watch the game!!

Personal reflection time is always so difficult for me. It gets frustrating! It seems like I'm always busy with something and never have time for it! And when I do, my mind is everywhere so it's hard for me to focus. :thumbdown:

And you bet it is! Especially in my household! haha New York Jets, all the way!

Yeah, we have family and friends in different places; I've been to Massachussetts, Pennsylvania, New York, California, Texas and Arizona. Each state is so different!! Have you travelled a lot in the States?

I've never been to the midwest, so that's on my list!

Why do I feel like you've been to more states than I have?:lol3:

I've only been to states on the East Coast. :( Lets see..New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusettes, Maryland, and Florida. I really want to visit every state. Especially midwestern states. I want to see the Grand Canyon and all that beautiful land. Oh, and I'd love to travel up near the Great Lakes.

We should take a road trip to the West Coast, Jess. Lord knows those states are on my list!

Oh, and personal reflection used to be difficult for me, too. More so, just reading the Bible was challenging to me. I was always in the habit of reading right before bed, which meant it was difficult for me to focus because of being sleepy. I never retained what I read, nor did I ever have the time for prayer. Now I have created a much better system of reading my Bible, listening to Christian music, and prayer all in one. I am so happy because I feel much better for it. I'm sure you'll find a time and place where you can achieve something similar to this, too. :)

Cool, thanks for the info...I did LOVE NY and California, but we'll see where I get in! (if....)

That's cool you've seen soooo many states!!

Certainly I'll let you know if I'm in or near Missouri! That'd be fun!!

Right, it's nearly 3am so I'm off to bed, finally! Nice talkin to you again :wink2: Goodnight!!

Great talking to you, too, as ever. :) Be sure to let us know how your moving progresses! best of luck with that!

We should take a road trip to the West Coast, Jess. Lord knows those states are on my list!

Oh, and personal reflection used to be difficult for me, too. More so, just reading the Bible was challenging to me. I was always in the habit of reading right before bed, which meant it was difficult for me to focus because of being sleepy. I never retained what I read, nor did I ever have the time for prayer. Now I have created a much better system of reading my Bible, listening to Christian music, and prayer all in one. I am so happy because I feel much better for it. I'm sure you'll find a time and place where you can achieve something similar to this, too. :)

Lets do it! :wink2:

That's probably my biggest problem also, I usually do it at night when I'm exhausted. I'm just very bad with time management. I've been reading a really great book, though, that is causing me to really evaluate my relationship with God. I'm really loving it.

I hear you loud and clear! I think what pushed me to becoming the way I am now was basically taking into consideration what my priorities are and just how much of myself I give to them. I basically found myself not able to justify how I spent more time on here than I did with reading my Bible. Or the fact that I was only having my reflective time with God once a week. In the long run, the thing that is really going to matter is how much of myself I gave to Jesus on earth....everything else is simply going to fade away with time.

I am sure once you put your mind to managing your time better, you'll be able to figure out a schedule that will work well with you. The funniest thing is, now that I am doing my Bible study time every night, I actually find myself looking forward to it. It's actually amazing to consider just how much I put it off before.

That's great that your book has been influencing you so much! I hope that it continues to lead you closer to the Lord. I'm sure you've only got more of that to look forward to. :)

I hear you loud and clear! I think what pushed me to becoming the way I am now was basically taking into consideration what my priorities are and just how much of myself I give to them. I basically found myself not able to justify how I spent more time on here than I did with reading my Bible. Or the fact that I was only having my reflective time with God once a week. In the long run, the thing that is really going to matter is how much of myself I gave to Jesus on earth....everything else is simply going to fade away with time.

I am sure once you put your mind to managing your time better, you'll be able to figure out a schedule that will work well with you. The funniest thing is, now that I am doing my Bible study time every night, I actually find myself looking forward to it. It's actually amazing to consider just how much I put it off before.

That's great that your book has been influencing you so much! I hope that it continues to lead you closer to the Lord. I'm sure you've only got more of that to look forward to. :)

I know exactly what you mean! There was clearly something wrong with my relationship with God when I would be on my computer literally all day...it was quite ridiculous, and when it came down to things..I just wasn't happy. It was an unhealthy addiction for me!

My relationship with God is far from perfect..there's been ups and downs..basically what I'm finding is that I've rested on where I feel comfortable in my faith for so long..I was making no progress or growth. When I would talk..I would be the only one talking. There's just a bit of a disconnection in my relationship, especially the listening part for me. It's something I'm working on now that I recognized it. I'm ready to take my relationship to the next level.

Brainwashing comes to mind, if your faith and church are so wonderful, and you believe so much, why are you here, surely the word is, 'thou shalt not worship false gods', and I am sure this as much as any fan site has members who worship MIka and treat him like a god. example, how many members as soon as a new blog is released spread the word, and upon hearing the word rush off to check it out.

and since you have taken the time to read this, guess what, I do not give a 5hit for your opinions.

First up, I want to say this. I don't come on here to talk about Mika. I come on here to talk to my friends, not only from Australia, but my friends from the US and Ireland.

To be completely honest, Mika's blogs bore me, especially since a lot of people think he's so wonderful and kind and lovely. Great for those people. I don't consider Mika a god. He's not that important. Besides, God doesn't decide that Australia is too far away to come and visit his "fans". If other people worship Mika as a god that's their choice. I don't, and these girls don't either. You're making generalisations. Get to know us before you do that next time.

Secondly, I do not give a sh!t about your opinions either. You obviously don't care about what other people's feelings. You have insulted other people on here. You're a coward for coming on here and attacking religion.

And I don't care if anyone says I'm overreacting.

and just for the record, ronaldo plays for the RED DEVILS, pmsl

Ha ha. Oh, it's so hilarious. :sneaky2:

Greenbelt has to be the most facinating youth festival, lotst of the young from my old church used to go every year, and I cannot remember any bad stories, your report should be good, unless you already posted then send a link.

I don't think they should bother.

Well, I was trying to figure out why you even bothered coming to this thread to post such insulting rubbish, but tbh I’m not going to waste my time on that. I just want to say that what you said makes no sense….has anyone here said Mika is a god? You know, it IS possible to be a fan and admire someone for their hard work and talent without believing they are a higher power. I really don’t see the point of you randomly entering this thread and insulting people, when, as far as I know (correct me if I’m wrong), no one here has attacked you. If you don’t believe in God or Jesus or a religion then that’s your choice; I for one am not in the business of converting. My faith is a personal thing and I would never try to impose my beliefs on anyone. I know none of your immature rant was directly attacking me, but all the same it was rude and ignorant, and above all, senseless.

I’m the first person to criticise the institution of the church, and in ANY institution there’s going to be corruption and gossip by both leaders and members: I'm not going to defend that. This thread was started so people could discuss their faith and/or religion: like any thread on MFC, it’s a place to meet like-minded people. Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, but don’t expect anyone to RESPECT your opinion if you think you have a right to insult people.

I totally agree with you.

Thanks lady. :) I recently colored everything in, so it looks better now. I will try to take an updated photo sometime.

I spoke with a boy today that attends the program where I work. I saw he had a Bible and asked him what it was (I knew what it was, but just wanted to ask to start a conversation). He told me that he was reading through the whole Bible and that he was currently reading 1st Chronicles. I thought that was awesome. What dedication, eh?

Sweet! I would love to see it...

Very dedicated... my sister read most of the Old Testament. Apparently she liked it cause of the sex and violence :naughty:

I didn't think you overreacted Neeve, but were more so trying to understand what the point was. But like you said, I think it's better to put this behind us.

So...how have you been, lady? :)

I think so too... I feel a bit better after replying to that crap.

I understand what you mean! That's why I didn't feel bad about missing out on the service, because I knew that I could find a quiet place to read my Bible and reflect on things on my own. I am a firm believer that Jesus doesn't just exist in churches. :)

Ooh, Portugal! Sounds like an exciting change. I hope you get everything sorted out. Perhaps a visit to the US can happen later on when you are all moved in!

Exactly right. I guess I should feel bad about missing church occasionally, but I try and make up for it by meditating and stuff...

Edit- If "I don't think they should bother" doesn't relate to whethe people should go to Greenbelt, following Wealx' enquiry and my response, ignore this post. But I'm not deleting it, as the thread sure reads that way and I was genuinely hurt, and later posts (I think) relate to it

Do you have a reason for dissing Greenbelt? Or just prejudice?

I was there and would recommend it to anyone with a brain who loves Jesus. Or listening to folk music in the rain. (Although, if there are any UK young people out there making choices, I have a slight preference for Soul Survivor, which takes place about the same time.)

Note to both wealx and neeve- previous responses were meant to continue what I took to be friendly discussion, and in no way meant to dismiss others' opinions or actions.

Now, however, I'm annoyed. This thread is called "Any Christians", not "Only For Christians Who Think Exactly Like Nico Collard."

Hey guys

Could someone tell me why there is so much fighting on a religious thread? If you don't agree with other peoples' views, don't post, simple as that!

And yes, I am a Christian.

bambam :thumb_yello:

btw - Why look onto a thread entitled 'Any Christians?' looking for argument?

Hey guys

Could someone tell me why there is so much fighting on a religious thread? If you don't agree with other peoples' views, don't post, simple as that!

Half agree (sorry, this seems to be my standard answer). Not proud of getting annoyed, but debating different views is, to me, a big part of the purpose of a discussion forum.

First up, I want to say this. I don't come on here to talk about Mika. I come on here to talk to my friends, not only from Australia, but my friends from the US and Ireland.

To be completely honest, Mika's blogs bore me, especially since a lot of people think he's so wonderful and kind and lovely. Great for those people. I don't consider Mika a god. He's not that important. Besides, God doesn't decide that Australia is too far away to come and visit his "fans". If other people worship Mika as a god that's their choice. I don't, and these girls don't either. You're making generalisations. Get to know us before you do that next time.

Secondly, I do not give a sh!t about your opinions either. You obviously don't care about what other people's feelings. You have insulted other people on here. You're a coward for coming on here and attacking religion.

And I don't care if anyone says I'm overreacting.

Ha ha. Oh, it's so hilarious. :sneaky2:

I totally agree with you.

Sweet! I would love to see it...

Very dedicated... my sister read most of the Old Testament. Apparently she liked it cause of the sex and violence :naughty:

I think so too... I feel a bit better after replying to that crap.

Exactly right. I guess I should feel bad about missing church occasionally, but I try and make up for it by meditating and stuff...

so now I am a coward, how do you work that out? so anyone who does not agree with your word must be wrong, I did not come on here attacking anyone, merely replying to what I was reading, and I did not use the word SH*T, may be iterpretated as that but left all to make up thier own minds.

So Greenbelt, a christian youth festival is not good, so when did you go to it?

and you say I am the one without a clue, at least I think for myself and stand for the debate, you can say what you want about me, see I dont use others to speak for me because I have opinions an a lot of subjects, and always willing to listen to others.

have a nice day

Hey guys

If the post refers to me, then i will post my opinion, if this or any thread is for people who all share identical views, there would be no posts, except for "I agree"

look out for my weekly post or sermon, depending on the weather

If the post refers to me, then i will post my opinion, if this or any thread is for people who all share identical views, there would be no posts, except for "I agree"

look out for my weekly post or sermon, depending on the weather

No, Weealx. You're Almost right, but not quite. :wink2:

If a Christian Debate thread was made and everyone said "I agree" then there'd be no posts except for your misplaced sermons whenever it rains.

But, this thread is not a debate thread. It's a discussion thread where like minded people come and say "I agree" and then respectfully elaborate on their Christian life experiences.

Hey all!

Really? That's nice, what are they here for, if you don't mind me asking?

Why do I feel like you've been to more states than I have?:lol3:

They're in Texas for a wedding of a friend of ours :thumb_yello:

Lol, you have seen a lot of states though!! Plenty of time :)

That's a cool plan!! If I'm there at the time, I mght joing in...:fisch:

Edit- If "I don't think they should bother" doesn't relate to whethe people should go to Greenbelt, following Wealx' enquiry and my response, ignore this post. But I'm not deleting it, as the thread sure reads that way and I was genuinely hurt, and later posts (I think) relate to it

I was there and would recommend it to anyone with a brain who loves Jesus. Or listening to folk music in the rain. (Although, if there are any UK young people out there making choices, I have a slight preference for Soul Survivor, which takes place about the same time.)

Note to both wealx and neeve- previous responses were meant to continue what I took to be friendly discussion, and in no way meant to dismiss others' opinions or actions.

Now, however, I'm annoyed. This thread is called "Any Christians", not "Only For Christians Who Think Exactly Like Nico Collard."

Hey SS! Don't worry, I didn't take your posts as anything other than a discussion!! As for between me and weealx, I wouldn't call his posts "friendly" - that's what I tackled him on it.

Oh, btw, I think nico_collard was saying that you shouldn't send a link to weealx, not that you shouldn't post a report here! (That's how I interpreted it anyway)

Hey guys

bambam

Hi! :bye:

I didn't see it as a fight; as I explained, I felt he was rude and attacked someone and I felt compelled to challenge him on that. As I said in my post to Niki, I support discussion as long as it's done in way that respects other people.

Welcome!

so now I am a coward, how do you work that out? so anyone who does not agree with your word must be wrong, I did not come on here attacking anyone, merely replying to what I was reading, and I did not use the word SH*T, may be iterpretated as that but left all to make up thier own minds.

So Greenbelt, a christian youth festival is not good, so when did you go to it?

and you say I am the one without a clue, at least I think for myself and stand for the debate, you can say what you want about me, see I dont use others to speak for me because I have opinions an a lot of subjects, and always willing to listen to others.

have a nice day

Weealx, once again, I reiterate that no one here has a problem with you having different views from anyone here, but as I explained already, my problem was with your tone and your insults. I clearly pointed out exactly where I thought you were mocking and insulting someone here, and interestingly, you didn't respond to that post, you simply completely changed your tone and the direction of your argument.

I hope we can all move on. :thumb_yello:

Soaring Simpson, I have never heard about Greenbelt, so I glad that you have decided to come in here and tell us about it. I can only speak for myself, but I didn't think you were trying to dismiss others' opinions or actions. I havea feeling Nico Collard doesn't believe that either. Anyway...please feel free to share more of your experiences! I'd personally love to hear them, especially as I have never heard/been to a Greenbelt conference.

Hey guys

Hey there and welcome! :)

Hey all!

They're in Texas for a wedding of a friend of ours :thumb_yello:

Lol, you have seen a lot of states though!! Plenty of time :)

That's a cool plan!! If I'm there at the time, I mght joing in...:fisch:

Hey SS! Don't worry, I didn't take your posts as anything other than a discussion!! As for between me and weealx, I wouldn't call his posts "friendly" - that's what I tackled him on it.

Oh, btw, I think nico_collard was saying that you shouldn't send a link to weealx, not that you shouldn't post a report here! (That's how I interpreted it anyway)

Hi! :bye:

I didn't see it as a fight; as I explained, I felt he was rude and attacked someone and I felt compelled to challenge him on that. As I said in my post to Niki, I support discussion as long as it's done in way that respects other people.

Welcome!

Weealx, once again, I reiterate that no one here has a problem with you having different views from anyone here, but as I explained already, my problem was with your tone and your insults. I clearly pointed out exactly where I thought you were mocking and insulting someone here, and interestingly, you didn't respond to that post, you simply completely changed your tone and the direction of your argument.

I hope we can all move on. :thumb_yello:

nothing has changed from my point of view, not the tone or content, perhaps somewhere posts are being interpretated from a different angle.

Hey guys

Hi bambam, welcome. :cheerful_h4h:

Soaring Simpson, I have never heard about Greenbelt, so I glad that you have decided to come in here and tell us about it. I can only speak for myself, but I didn't think you were trying to dismiss others' opinions or actions. I havea feeling Nico Collard doesn't believe that either. Anyway...please feel free to share more of your experiences! I'd personally love to hear them, especially as I have never heard/been to a Greenbelt conference.

I've never heard of it either, and I'm also interested to hear more about it.:thumb_yello:

So how is everyone today?