Any Christians?

JoPerrin

Quite the opposite for me, in fact. On numerous occasions I have had people praise my Christ-related signatures. Some comments from people I know, some from people I have barely even spoken to before who PM'ed me just for that reason. :)

That's something good to come out of the conversation. I think they're great!

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew 5: 9-12 (The Message)

9"You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family.

10"You're blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God's kingdom.

11-12"Not only that—count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable. You can be glad when that happens—give a cheer, even!—for though they don't like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company. My prophets and witnesses have always gotten into this kind of trouble.

What's your point ? That mods are persecuting Christians ? :blink:

Matthew 5: 9-12 (The Message)

9"You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family.

10"You're blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God's kingdom.

11-12"Not only that—count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable. You can be glad when that happens—give a cheer, even!—for though they don't like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company. My prophets and witnesses have always gotten into this kind of trouble.

I understand the meaning behind this RBSKY

<Hiya btw long time no speakies>

The overall problem here is religion in itself , we have to some guidelines otherwise well .. imagine what could be posted and how offensive it could be

I really dont think we are attacking , if anyone thinks this then we can chat through it :thumb_yello:

If I walked into MFC for the first time and noticed
that the moderators were talking out both sides of their face,
I seriously would have turned around and never come back.

I know I didn't warn anyone because the person in question repeatedly provoked other posters by insisting that evolutionary theory has no scientific basis to the point where it was unrealistic to expect anyone to ignore her. The topic of the thread was atheists (not religion or even atheism per se) and the comments were related to evolutionary theory, not creationism. Evolutionary theory has absolutely nothing to do with religious beliefs.

I do not want to see MFC replete with satanist or other piss-taking threads. Yes we can all ignore it in theory, but MFC is not simply a platform for every person with a computer and an internet connection to exercise their rights of free speech. It's a Mika fan club and while the members certainly share interests that go beyond Mika there still exists a certain culture that would be eroded if absolutely anything goes.

If I walked into MFC for the first time and noticed half a dozen people in a Mika related thread with Jesus is the Light in their avatars, I seriously would have turned around and never come back. There is very little I come across on the internet that I find truly offensive and certainly supporting Christianity is not one of those things.

But it is still offputting and I can't imagine that the Christians in this thread wouldn't find it equally offputting if their first exposure to MFC culture was that we were all a bunch of satanists or more accurately were mocking other members' religious beliefs by having such things in our avatars.

Oh really?

So not a church or robert pattinson or dolly parton or luke juby or calvin harris or games or chat room? :mf_rosetinted:

See, I wish we'd remember this is a fanclub and not a forum. There's a big difference. It's just that fanclubs aren't like 12 year old girls meeting at their treehouse every sunday to discuss how amazing justin timberlake's eyes are, and create badges :roftl:

Romans 8 (New International Version)

More Than Conquerors

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,who have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

"For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

:)

Oh really?

So not a church or robert pattinson or dolly parton or luke juby or calvin harris or games or chat room? :mf_rosetinted:

See, I wish we'd remember this is a fanclub and not a forum. There's a big difference. It's just that fanclubs aren't like 12 year old girls meeting at their treehouse every sunday to discuss how amazing justin timberlake's eyes are, and create badges :roftl:

That's an interesting viewpoint. For me it is a forum and the number of people on here who refer to it as a forum tends to tell me I'm not the only one. Is there are reason why those two things are mutually exclusive?

That's an interesting viewpoint. For me it is a forum and the number of people on here who refer to it as a forum tends to tell me I'm not the only one. Is there are reason why those two things are mutually exclusive?

Sometimes maybe there is an advantage to not be a native English speaker,:blush-anim-cl: in this particular case it just seems to make things really complicated.

When looking up this two words it made no sense at all so I think there's some twist to the expression that gets lost in the translation.:naughty:

To me this is fan club that has taken the shape of a forum!:thumb_yello:

that the moderators were talking out both sides of their face,

Okay... so all of it didn't post...

All I wanted to say was OUCH!!! :naughty:

Oh really?

So not a church or robert pattinson or dolly parton or luke juby or calvin harris or games or chat room?

See, I wish we'd remember this is a fanclub and not a forum. There's a big difference. It's just that fanclubs aren't like 12 year old girls meeting at their treehouse every sunday to discuss how amazing justin timberlake's eyes are, and create badges

So we can't meet at your treehouse every Sunday to discuss how amazing Justin Timbesrlake's eyes are and make badges?

Damn.

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

And now I shall take a break from posting on MFC.

But don't forget girls (and Freds), if you wanna talk I am always avail via PM.

:jawdrop:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :tears:

I sent you an SMS...

That's an interesting viewpoint. For me it is a forum and the number of people on here who refer to it as a forum tends to tell me I'm not the only one. Is there a reason why those two things are mutually exclusive?

I thought it was... dunno why it's viewed like that either...

Sometimes maybe there is an advantage to not be a native English speaker, in this particular case it just seems to make things really complicated.

When looking up this two words it made no sense at all so I think there's some twist to the expression that gets lost in the translation.

To me this is fan club that has taken the shape of a forum!

*pats sienna* :naughty:

Mutually exclusive: To me it means they're completely separate. Then again I might be wrong...

Any chance of explaining that to the not native English speaker and the stupid English speaker? (and I typed Andy instead of Any!) :naughty:

Mutually exclusive: To me it means they're completely separate. Then again I might be wrong...

Any chance of explaining that to the not native English speaker and the stupid English speaker? (and I typed Andy instead of Any!) :naughty:

What I meant when I wrote it was not just that they are completely seperate but the very fact of it being one thing automatically precludes it from being the other and vice versa...

Having just read that sentence, it's not gonna help Sienna at all:bleh:

I'll try again. It's like M4L13 was saying that the very fact of it being a fan club means that it couldn't possibly be a forum BECAUSE it is a fan club, and I don't see why it can't be considered both.

It's a bit like saying I couldn't possibly be a boy because I'm a girl. Except for some rare medical conditions and people who undergo sex change surgery, the fact that I'm a girl means I couldn't possibly be a boy and vice versa.

*reads sentence*

Okay... what?

*reads again*

Ooooooh... I get it! Thanks! :thumb_yello:

That was my reaction when I read Sarie's post. :naughty:

I agree that MFC is a forum, just not an entirely random and open one. Someone named I Hate Mika joined recently and they were banned because this isn't the place for self-professed haters of Mika to exercise some inapplicable rights of free speech.

Free speech is between individuals and their governments. Not surfers on the internet and private web site owners. If you want to hate Mika or campaign for your favourite candidate you are free to use your own resources to do so. You are not in a position to demand that the owners of MFC or any other website allow you to freely use their resources to spread whatever message you want. That's like telling your neighbour that he must let you drive his car because the ministry of transportation granted you a driver's license.

If this thread hijack is making Rainbowsky or anyone else uncomfortable I'd like to suggest we move it to the thread for feedback about the changes to the guidelines.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16757

If this thread hijack is making Rainbowsky or anyone else uncomfortable I'd like to suggest we move it to the thread for feedback about the changes to the guidelines.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16757

It's not the thread itself Christine, it's the fact that some people feel like they're being attacked for dicussing their beliefs in their own thread. We were all under the impression that we could discuss our beliefs in this thread without other people having a go at us for what we believe, but lately it seems like we can't even do that. We keep the God stuff in here. It's gone past the avatars and sigs now. it's way past it.

That, and Liz has no intention of posting on here. She is quite hurt and offended at what was said in response to what she posted. I spoke to her as soon as I found out and she wants nothing to do with this place, which is a real shame.

Frankly, I don't blame her.

Not having religious avatars and sigs is one thing - we might not like it, but that's what has been decided on. It's another thing when someone feels like they're being harassed for what they believe.

It might seem like I'm going overboard, but it upsets me when a close friend of mine is upset and offended because of what someone else has said.

Yes, Rainbow Sky, I hope you do come back to the forum and this thread which you've contributed so much to. I understand that you're upset, but I'm sure you're much wanted here.

Incidentally, I do remember that you posted that "persecution" quote from, Matthew on here on 12 Sep, long before all the discussion of the new rules, so I know it wasn't meant as an accusation.

That was my reaction when I read Sarie's post. :naughty:

:roftl::naughty::roftl::naughty::roftl: OMG FUNNIEZ!

You know exactly what I meant by my post. Don't try to cover it up with stupid smilies to make it look like you're somehow above my voice because you're a moderator.

Address it head on. I could claim any number of things on this forum offend me, and it wouldn't change because some of the mods, including you, are in on it yourselves.

"Chicken" (which, by the way, is one of the stupidest things I've seen online in a long time, and I watch Mika's video blogs) is sex. I could claim that sex offends me and my religion.

Do you think it would change? No. Because all the excitable older women on the forums seem to get a big kick out of talking about sex in some sort of code. They get their jollies out of acting like a school girl over a boy who most likely doesn't like vag anyway.

But by all means, let's cover up the opinions of the people that matter (the actual forum/fanclub/whatever members) with a bunch of animations and sarcastic remarks.

You know what I think? I think you people are lonely. You don't have anything in your lives that actually fills it in the way our religion fills ours. So you put it down because you don't understand it. And you're the same people crying gay pride for Mika because you don't want to appear prejudice. Well open your sleepy little eyes and look around: you're being prejudice every minute you're on this forum.

What if I said homosexuality offended my religion and my beliefs. Do you think people would get rid of all the rainbow stuff on here? Maybe get rid of their gay pride signatures? I highly doubt it.

If I get banned or warned for this via PM, it's only proving my point.

Besides, this is a thread ABOUT religion. So I guess I can talk freely about religion in here, eh? :wink2: As long as it's not in my signature or avatar, riiight?

:roftl::naughty::roftl::naughty::roftl: OMG FUNNIEZ!

You know exactly what I meant by my post. Don't try to cover it up with stupid smilies to make it look like you're somehow above my voice because you're a moderator.

Address it head on. I could claim any number of things on this forum offend me, and it wouldn't change because some of the mods, including you, are in on it yourselves.

"Chicken" (which, by the way, is one of the stupidest things I've seen online in a long time, and I watch Mika's video blogs) is sex. I could claim that sex offends me and my religion.

Do you think it would change? No. Because all the excitable older women on the forums seem to get a big kick out of talking about sex in some sort of code. They get their jollies out of acting like a school girl over a boy who most likely doesn't like vag anyway.

But by all means, let's cover up the opinions of the people that matter (the actual forum/fanclub/whatever members) with a bunch of animations and sarcastic remarks.

You know what I think? I think you people are lonely. You don't have anything in your lives that actually fills it in the way our religion fills ours. So you put it down because you don't understand it. And you're the same people crying gay pride for Mika because you don't want to appear prejudice. Well open your sleepy little eyes and look around: you're being prejudice every minute you're on this forum.

What if I said homosexuality offended my religion and my beliefs. Do you think people would get rid of all the rainbow stuff on here? Maybe get rid of their gay pride signatures? I highly doubt it.

If I get banned or warned for this via PM, it's only proving my point.

Besides, this is a thread ABOUT religion. So I guess I can talk freely about religion in here, eh? :wink2: As long as it's not in my signature or avatar, riiight?

Sarie, this is a mika fan club, where it's a bit more then obvious that mika might be a homosexual. he IS sexual for one thing, and does provoke a lot of un-innocent thoughts, if you were offended by him then you wouldnt listen to his music or join his fanclub.

But dont get me started on people being offended by things, it is hard to please everyone.

If you wanted to openly chit chat about justin, the colour of the sky, or religion go to a chat room. That's my point of view, but i do take what freedom we have for guranted and make threads about people i admire, just because i have the opportunity, not because i think thats the way it should be.

Okay... so all of it didn't post...

All I wanted to say was OUCH!!! :naughty:

So we can't meet at your treehouse every Sunday to discuss how amazing Justin Timbesrlake's eyes are and make badges?

Damn.

:jawdrop:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :tears:

I sent you an SMS...

:lmfao: i know right? damn you fanclub! damn you!

Sarie, this is a mika fan club, where it's a bit more then obvious that mika might be a homosexual. he IS sexual for one thing, and does provoke a lot of un-innocent thoughts, if you were offended by him then you wouldnt listen to his music or join his fanclub.

But dont get me started on people being offended by things, it is hard to please everyone.

That was my point. I'm not offended by it. But suppose I was. Would the forum change it's rules to satisfy me?

Mika claims to be Catholic. Maybe if people are offended by Christianity they shouldn't listen to him.

Do you understand my point?

That was my point. I'm not offended by it. But suppose I was. Would the forum change it's rules to satisfy me?

Mika claims to be Catholic. Maybe if people are offended by Christianity they shouldn't listen to him.

Do you understand my point?

Well... I guess if a majority did, maybe?

He's not a christian singer though. He isn't mercy me, he's not on christian radio. If people were offended by christianity, they should either be quiet, or listen to mika. He isn't christian music, anyone can listen to him, unless they're offended by his camp shows.

I think so :)

:

Ghostsintheradio, your post is offensive to older women- and, as your post has been edited, obviously intended to be so. I certainly don't expect to see such things when I read MFC and think you should apologise to me and any other woman over- what?- 30? (I notice you think Mika is still a boy at 25)- unfortunate enough to have been following this thread.

Also your language is coarse.

Ghostsintheradio, your post is offensive to older women- and, as your post has been edited, obviously intended to be so. I certainly don't expect to see such things when I read MFC and think you should apologise to me and any other woman over- what?- 30? (I notice you think Mika is still a boy at 25)- unfortunate enough to have been following this thread.

Also your language is coarse.

Whoa I never read that bit before :boxed: