Can't stand losing (Mika's version) you on youtube

mariposa

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um. Okay.

Way too weird, icky, remixy strangeness.

The vocals are great, but the music is...bizarre. It's the kind of thing that starts to sound good about half an hour before closing time at some packed nightclub. :shocked:

Mika fans are melody fans, I would say, and since this is so not melodic, it's not surprising that we'd be a bit put off by it.

Mika, nothing personal. You know you could sing the phonebook and I'd be amazed. :thumb_yello:

i dont think its THAT terrible but definetly not great. i like the original waaaayy more. vocally its very good but the techno and lack of real instruments really ruin its, it would sound better sans computer lol. i hope he will do it witht eh band in concert.

I didn't like the song !It is awful !And in general I don't like remixes !I hope his next CD won't sound like this !

Same here. It's way to techno for me.

But I'm sure the cd won't be like that. He didn't actually meet Armand Van Helden in a studio, thank God for that! :roftl:

The first time I heard it, I HATED it.

Then I listened to it a couple of times more, and I don't hate it anymore, I do like how Mika sings it, but I really dislike the 'technoness' of it, I just don't like that type of music.

To me the beat is way too strong and fast for the actual song, it's too noisy and the voice drowns in it...

I must admit though that I am not an Armand Van Helden fan at all, or in general of these 'techno remixes', I usually think that they suck.

The first time I heard it, I HATED it.

Then I listened to it a couple of times more, and I don't hate it anymore, I do like how Mika sings it, but I really dislike the 'technoness' of it, I just don't like that type of music.

To me the beat is way too strong and fast for the actual song, it's too noisy and the voice drowns in it...

I must admit though that I am not an Armand Van Helden fan at all, or in general of these 'techno remixes', I usually think that they suck{s}.

:mf_rosetinted:

Mika.. you aren't going on Techno now, are you?? :shocked::boxed:

(no offence techno-lovers..:blush-anim-cl:)

But personally.. ehm.. okay... I'll say it nicely then:

You don't need to sing that song that way for me, even if you did it private..:blink:

(Although....:naughty: private?? maybe..:roftl:)

Nice singing, but GAH CLUB REMIX. >_<

I mean, it's not awful, but I would've preferred it if it had been more of a slow-ish industrial/EBM version rather than this club-tastic techno... I think that would've been less annoying xP

So saying that, this version might grow on me a little...

I don't know if you've already seen it, but MIKA fan page has put up Mika's song for the birthday of Radio 1 on youtube!

Here's the link:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgW02_j5fwA

Well, I don't know what everybody else thinks about it but I have to say that I HATE it!!! It's really aweful (I'm sorry to say this about a Mika song), but I just can't stand it!

"Can't satnd losing you" being one of the best songs ever written doesn't deserve such a "treatment"!

(anyway, that's just my opinion....)

PS: For me the link somehow doesn't work, but if I copy it and paste it, it works...

Ah, and I'm sorry for the typo in this thread's title...I'm too tired.

The link doesn't work for me. And I am getting very curious after reading all of your (negative) comments. What words should I type at Youtube to find this?:boxed:

I personally could imagine this song being played in clubs lol. It's got that electric sound and I guess the reason why people don't like it is because it's not very Mika, more dancey, more commercial I suppose. I'm not a fan of Mika's remixes either and there's a noise in this cover that sounds an awful lot like a certain noise in the Love Today remix lol....

I can't say I've heard the original. I know I'm gonna get thrown virtual tomatoes at me for saying that, but I haven't. At least, I don't think I have. Or maybe I have and won't recognise it until I hear it. WELL ANYWAY I DON'T REMEMBER IT. haha.

But because of this, I'm not comparing it to the original. I don't think it's THAT bad, IMO i think some people were a bit harsh. Understandably it's hard not to compare songs to another, but we must all remember that this is just a different version, not created to sound the same as the original whatever...you all know that, I don't mean to sound patronising if I am.

If you truly think it's awful and not comparing it, then that's fine and hunky dory. :)

I will admit it's deffo not Mika's best. But I do think his voice suits that electro pop sound.