new album?

sillyjody

i've heard that Mika has been working on a new album and that it's going to be angrier than LICM. What are your opinions on why it'll be more angry? I have no idea why it would be cuz so much good things have happened to him since the beginning of the year, wouldn't it be a happy album? Or maybe something is going on in his personal life... i have no idea. What do you guys think? :bored::sad:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Thinks*

*Pictures Mika singing death metal music*

Nope. I don't think it's going to be that angry! :naughty:

I really haven't given it a lot of thought about why it's going to be more angry. I do realize that when an artist releases different albums they always slightly different and they slowly change over time... keeping things interesting! I remember hearing that he was going to release an EP and it was going to reflect what has gone on recently (correct me anyone if I'm wrong.)

I'm sure this next CD will be great. We may not even notice that it's more angry because he does tend to slip different topics into his song that you might not recognize right away.

hahaha mika is probably the exact opposite of death metal.

but yeah, that's what i was thinking. like, his subliminal messages in LICM, it'll probably be like that but about different things going on in his life.

oh, and about he EP: an EP! i love EP's! i'm sooo excited!!! haha.

hahaha mika is probably the exact opposite of death metal.

but yeah, that's what i was thinking. like, his subliminal messages in LICM, it'll probably be like that but about different things going on in his life.

oh, and about he EP: an EP! i love EP's! i'm sooo excited!!! haha.

Yes, he definitely IS the opposite of death metal. It was just a funny thought because quite clearly I couldn't see him doing that haha!

That's why I'm thinking that maybe we won't realize right away that the songs are more angry because he does a good job of slipping in messages - which eventually you figure them out. *Still in denial that Love Today is a dirty song.* Joking. :wink2:

I'm not sure when the EP is supposed to be coming out. I've been waiting for news about it on here because others always find out this type of stuff before me! :naughty:

hahaha yeahh, about that whole love today.. not a dirty song...? hahaha joking! but, in my opinion he has quite a few dirty songs on there... i think that Billy brown is kind of dirty, with the whole prostitute in mexico, and then Big girl is kind of dirty too i guess. and well, Love today is too. hahaha. but yeah, I'm always the last to find anything out too! you're not alone on that one. hahaha.

I can't wait for the new album!

I don't think it will be angry though..

And could someone please tell me what EP means..It's going to be pretty obvious once you tell me then I'm going to feel like an idiot. :naughty: :naughty:

angrier probably means with more emotion ,,,less fluffy (not that I mind fluff)

but you are right I think MIKA might be dealing with more stuff (the war, personal issues things like that...mind you if you really listen closely to Ring Ring and Grace Kelly they are somewhat Angry....)

just my two kachhingas

I can't wait for the new album!

I don't think it will be angry though..

And could someone please tell me what EP means..It's going to be pretty obvious once you tell me then I'm going to feel like an idiot. :naughty: :naughty:

EP = Extended Player. Bigger than a single but not as big as an album (which in the pre-CD days used to be called LPs = Long Players).

An EP has 4-6 tracks on it (typically).

Ooh the days of vinyl 12 inch EPs...I feel old :roftl:

I hadn't heard about it being angrier, but he probably means the lyrics. In interviews he has said that a lot of his lyrics are dark & twisted (lol) but they sound happy so it makes you think they are happy. - Like 'Happy Ending' is really a sad song but sounds so joyful! I really doubt he would change his style of music since it has made him so unique & special! :biggrin2:

I don't think Mika will all of a sudden starts making music like Metallica. I think the lyrics will be more darker and less peppy. But that's a good thing. If he kept using the same method he used with LICM, things will get boring and people will be more easily fed up with him and we don't want that to happen!

EP = Extended Player. Bigger than a single but not as big as an album (which in the pre-CD days used to be called LPs = Long Players).

An EP has 4-6 tracks on it (typically).

Ooh the days of vinyl 12 inch EPs...I feel old :roftl:

Thank you!!

I can't wait for his EP. I just hope it is as well done as LICM!! And that production isn't hurried or anything.

On another note... I had a dream about Mika last night (nothing kinky) and am now listening to LICM with a renewed love! :naughty:

I'm glad he is making it a bit mroe angry..

It'll be like ring ring..thats kinda of rock and kind of angry..

But yerr i can imagine him doing slightly angry but not tooo angry like heavy metal etc! LOL

Coz thats deffo not mika! lol

angrier probably means with more emotion ,,,less fluffy (not that I mind fluff)

but you are right I think MIKA might be dealing with more stuff (the war, personal issues things like that...mind you if you really listen closely to Ring Ring and Grace Kelly they are somewhat Angry....)

just my two kachhingas

yeah, i've noticed that Ring Ring is a bit angry, and we all know that grace kelly is. but, mika himself has said that he's been writing for the new album and that it's a bit angrier... and then he did that cute laugh he does and the nose scrunch and said "i know, crazy, it should be the opposite!"

he's so cute. :wub2:

I don't think Mika will all of a sudden starts making music like Metallica. I think the lyrics will be more darker and less peppy. But that's a good thing. If he kept using the same method he used with LICM, things will get boring and people will be more easily fed up with him and we don't want that to happen!

I hadn't heard about it being angrier, but he probably means the lyrics. In interviews he has said that a lot of his lyrics are dark & twisted (lol) but they sound happy so it makes you think they are happy. - Like 'Happy Ending' is really a sad song but sounds so joyful! I really doubt he would change his style of music since it has made him so unique & special! :biggrin2:

yeah, that's what i mean... the lyrics are going to be angrier, but knowing mika, he'll probably make most of the songs upbeat and energetic, but with more meaning than what we'll really hear and listen to.

• 2 months later...
i've heard that Mika has been working on a new album and that it's going to be angrier than LICM. What are your opinions on why it'll be more angry? I have no idea why it would be cuz so much good things have happened to him since the beginning of the year, wouldn't it be a happy album? Or maybe something is going on in his personal life... i have no idea. What do you guys think? :bored::sad:

Ugh!

You know what?

I have been wondering about this FAR TOO LONG!

I don't even want to think about it anymore, first I hear that it's going to be more "stand stillish" and then it's gonna be more "political" and then it's going to be a mega-hyper bubble pop album exceding the boundaries set by LICM AND THEEEEEEN it's going to be angry!

(NOTE that I am not saying this with a straight face :P)

He says he's in no hurry to finnish the new album and so frankly I'd rather not think about it.

I've just spent the last week and a bit having sleepless nights, laying in bed thinking "I wonder what he's doing riiiiiight... NOW"

and

"I wonder how his Christmas is doing"

and my personal favourite:

I just made this BIG revelation inside my head, GOT TO POST ON MFC... No... restrain yourself woman, it's 3am and everyone will think you're a fool for posting stupid revelations while half asleep and ... But it's good and... Ah well, I'll just listen to LICM on my (new) ipod.

So what I'm trying to say is: I think that he's angry because I blabber too much :D:p

yeah, i've noticed that Ring Ring is a bit angry, and we all know that grace kelly is. but, mika himself has said that he's been writing for the new album and that it's a bit angrier... and then he did that cute laugh he does and the nose scrunch and said "i know, crazy, it should be the opposite!"

he's so cute. :wub2:

Awwww:biggrin2: :naughty: *goes to youtube to look for a cute Mika interview she already has seen for like 1000000000 times*:naughty:

Yeah. GK and Ring Ring are angry, but GK sounds very happy. I only hope this is going to be an album as good as LICM, maybe even better! I don't know what he meant with angry. Could be the lyrics, but melody and stuff aswell.

But...any news about the EP? Cause he never talks about that anymore. Or was the dvd instead of the EP?:blink: