.........I'm sorry...

Fmbm

I hope the thread can be deleted, so that, if Sara hasnt read it already (god forbid) that she or any of the band members cant read it. Not meant in a way that we are covering up the problem.

But think about it. how much respect does Mika have for us? We all know that he reads here from time to time, but he doesnt have to.

He could just pass us off as some minor, insignificant fan club, and who knows, if he reads those comments, he could lose a huge amount of that respect.

Exactly. I am all for freedom of speech and all of that, but this does not apply here at all. This is not just a friendly "negative opinion" case, but an attack.

I would feel absolutely horrid if Mika, Sara, or anyone even associated with them read that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a little reaction of me on this..:blush-anim-cl:

I think just because it is a forum and because it can be read by everyone (even Mika or Sara herself) we should be beware of what we write in here..:blink:

Please think by yourself if you would like to read that about someone or even place yourself in the position of being that person you want to write about..:thumb_yello:

Totally agree.

And I think this thread could be an admonition for the future discussions.

Freddie was right. The whole thread stinks. I took part with some funny jokes but the personal criticism and the easy offense are not with me.

It´s great you face it, fmbm.

We all should learn about it in the future.

They´re normal people. We can like them or not, but it´s awful attacking them personally.

Hope this won´t happen again

I always think jealousy can be a big part too.

Maybe not, but maybe more for the people who said lets kill her (which, to be honest, particularly offends me)

I mean, how many of us here would like to be up there, sharing the stage with Mika and getting up close to him??

And i think seeing Sara swooping in there and doing an awesome job, kind of brought out the green eyed monster in some of us. Still, some comments were uncalled for, and i feel like crying because i made a judgement and follwed the crowd - something i always vow never to do. (even though things i said were no where near as hurtful as some others' comments)

Hey, we all make mistakes like that Sarah... I just think the lesson people need to learn is to check what they write before they press the shiny "Submit Reply" button...

just a little reaction of me on this..:blush-anim-cl:

I think just because it is a forum and because it can be read by everyone (even Mika or Sara herself) we should be beware of what we write in here..:blink:

I am not judging anyone at this point either, but please everyone, just think twice before writing something..

It is a public forum so everyone can read it..:wink2:

And now I am not only talking about that one particular thread but in general..:bleh:

Please think by yourself if you would like to read that about someone or even place yourself in the position of being that person you want to write about..:thumb_yello:

I agree Sasje... actually, it seems that everytime something like this happens (inappropriate comments of general bitchiness), we say we should be more aware of what we type, then after a while we type as if no-one can read it... I'm all for self expression, but we have to keep in mind what we put out there.. mods included! :wink2:

I agree Sasje... actually, it seems that everytime something like this happens (inappropriate comments of general bitchiness), we say we should be more aware of what we type, then after a while we type as if no-one can read it... I'm all for self expression, but we have to keep in mind what we put out there.. mods included! :wink2:

Mods too?? :shocked:

Hmm.. and I was thinking that would be one of our privileges..:sneaky2:

No, kidding..:bleh:

Of course.. everyone, mods included have to take responsibility..:thumb_yello:

(and ehm.. Nico... have I written something wrong?? :blink::naughty:)

Btw this is vented as you are the thread owner .. others were involved too ....

I was involved. I apologize for being as harsh as I was. But I don't apologize for the opinions expressed.

I do think she is out of line, and being too up-front for a backup singer. BACKUP singer.

But I've been warned now, so I guess from now on I'll just keep my mouth shut and post in all the pervy threads.

Edit: And I'm sort of disappointed that people are backing away from their opinions because they're afraid. If you apologize for HOW you said something about her, then that's fine. But to change your entire opinion because someone else threatened you? That's just lame.

Mods too?? :shocked:

Hmm.. and I was thinking that would be one of our privileges..:sneaky2:

No, kidding..:bleh:

Of course.. everyone, mods included have to take responsibility..:thumb_yello:

(and ehm.. Nico... have I written something wrong?? :blink::naughty:)

No Sasje! Don't worry, I wasn't talking about you!

(actually, it was more directed towards the mod with the sheep in her avatar! :bleh:)

I was involved. I apologize for being as harsh as I was. But I don't apologize for the opinions expressed.

I do think she is out of line, and being too up-front for a backup singer. BACKUP singer.

But I've been warned now, so I guess from now on I'll just keep my mouth shut and post in all the pervy threads.

Edit: And I'm sort of disappointed that people are backing away from their opinions because they're afraid. If you apologize for HOW you said something about her, then that's fine. But to change your entire opinion because someone else threatened you? That's just lame.

Your welcome to your comments ... what you (and others) said about that girl was very very sad .... , you posted an attack on a innocent girl!! . Ive deleted the thread Im that digusted by it

No-one's saying that you should apologise for your opinion... but as you said, the way people expressed their opinion was the problem...

But I'm worried about why you think you need to shut your mouth, just because you expressed an opinion...

Guest Moulder

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad but I noticed that mickey wrote a blog about her that might clear a few things up.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

New Tour!!

Well.... a new tour and chapter kicks off on the mighty Mika extravaganza! Seems like yesterday we were begging people to come in to see our show at Nice n Sleazy in Glasgow (wait a minute... maybe it was yesterday?!!).

The crowds are bigger and so the show is bigger! We are lucky to have added Sara Skeete to our family! An amazing singer who is probably one of the most nicest people I've had the pleasure to share a bus with! A sweet and shy lady who's personality is shining on stage... all thanks to our maestro Mika!

Already I've noticed the familiar faces in crowd and glad they're still with us!

I do hope everyone is enjoying the new show see you on the other side so to speak!!

Mikey

x

PS thank you again for all the lovely messages you've sent!

PPS Luke is still single!!

I'm sorry, but this had been sitting in my mind for a while... and brought up again by this thread...

Why is it when a youngling gets told to do something (like think before they post for example), they take that as "I better keep my mouth shut"...

I just don't understand it, and to be quite honest, I find it quite childish... if you can't take being told what to do by someone, just be more careful what you write!

Get over it!!!

Rant done...

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad but I noticed that mickey wrote a blog about her that might clear a few things up.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

New Tour!!

Well.... a new tour and chapter kicks off on the mighty Mika extravaganza! Seems like yesterday we were begging people to come in to see our show at Nice n Sleazy in Glasgow (wait a minute... maybe it was yesterday?!!).

The crowds are bigger and so the show is bigger! We are lucky to have added Sara Skeete to our family! An amazing singer who is probably one of the most nicest people I've had the pleasure to share a bus with! A sweet and shy lady who's personality is shining on stage... all thanks to our maestro Mika!

Already I've noticed the familiar faces in crowd and glad they're still with us!

I do hope everyone is enjoying the new show see you on the other side so to speak!!

Mikey

x

PS thank you again for all the lovely messages you've sent!

PPS Luke is still single!!

This makes me go :fisch:'Ya yayaya yayaya yayaya yaya yaya' :mf_rosetinted:

Oh and I hope to see the lady in Frankfurt :thumb_yello:

Personal attack? Oh come off it. I didn't say I was going to kill her, or that I hoped someone else would kill her. I said I didn't like her. I didn't make a death threat.

I've read plenty more disgusting things on this forum. Most are the things your innocent "younglings" are posting.

And that is your OPINION and that is all that needs to be said.

It's not yours or anyone's *opinion* that has created this situation.

No one's asking you to change your opinion.

I don't want to flog what should be a dead horse here. I think everything

that I would have said if I'd been here earlier has been said.

Mistakes have been made, time to move on... 'nuf said.

dcdeb

Personal attack? Oh come off it. I didn't say I was going to kill her, or that I hoped someone else would kill her. I said I didn't like her. I didn't make a death threat.

I've read plenty more disgusting things on this forum. Most are the things your innocent "younglings" are posting.

Well, if there are "more disgusting things" that you have seen on the forum, don't you think you should bring it to the attention of a moderator? There are a few of us floating around... we can't see everything...

It sounds like you're taking the whole situation personally. Do you feel like you're being attacked because of your opinion? Because I don't think you are...

I think if a mod says something is going too far, they usually are right in saying so. Occasionally we make mistakes (we can't be perfect)... I suggest you simply look at what they're saying, you can either agree or disagree, and move on.

And really, I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not... I'm expressing my opinion, which I am entitled to do. And yes, I read through this post to make sure there wasn't anything that I might regret saying, or anything that may be considered inappropriate.

I think we just have to, as others have said, think twice before we post. We did say some not-so-nice things about her, and that's sort of unfair because we don't really have much to go on. Think about it - we have two or three concerts worth of footage and a MySpace page. And really, the concert footage does show that Sara has a completely stellar, amazing voice.

I watched a recent interview where Mika said that he chose his particular band members because he wanted really talented people who could help him translate his big sounding record into a big sounding stage performance. I think Sara can definitely help with that.

I think that as the completely hardcore fans we are, we're afraid that change will somehow detract from the "Mika Experience." And that if he straightens his hair or wears baggy jeans or incorporates banjos or sings with a female singer in a peacock-like outfit, that the changes will somehow "take away" from the Mikaness we've come to know and love.

And with the flashy, almost in-your-face entrance that Sara had (singing with Mika on the "M", doing the big girl booty dance) combined with her very forward MySpace profile, we were quick to lash out at this "intruder." But the fact is the girl has great talent - not many female singers can keep pace with Mika - and judging by her performance of "How Much Do You Love Me", her voice is a good match for Mika's. IMHO, anyway.

So anyhow the moral of my story is, let's try to be open minded and consider that since we don't know much, if anything, about her character, we'll just sit back and see how her presence adds to the performances over the course of this tour. :thumb_yello:

I think we just have to, as others have said, think twice before we post. We did say some not-so-nice things about her, and that's sort of unfair because we don't really have much to go on. Think about it - we have two or three concerts worth of footage and a MySpace page. And really, the concert footage does show that Sara has a completely stellar, amazing voice.

I watched a recent interview where Mika said that he chose his particular band members because he wanted really talented people who could help him translate his big sounding record into a big sounding stage performance. I think Sara can definitely help with that.

I think that as the completely hardcore fans we are, we're afraid that change will somehow detract from the "Mika Experience." And that if he straightens his hair or wears baggy jeans or incorporates banjos or sings with a female singer in a peacock-like outfit, that the changes will somehow "take away" from the Mikaness we've come to know and love.

And with the flashy, almost in-your-face entrance that Sara had (singing with Mika on the "M", doing the big girl booty dance) combined with her very forward MySpace profile, we were quick to lash out at this "intruder." But the fact is the girl has great talent - not many female singers can keep pace with Mika - and judging by her performance of "How Much Do You Love Me", her voice is a good match for Mika's. IMHO, anyway.

So anyhow the moral of my story is, let's try to be open minded and consider that since we don't know much, if anything, about her character, we'll just sit back and see how her presence adds to the performances over the course of this tour. :thumb_yello:

*stands up and applauds lollipop_monkey*

I totally agree! None of us really know what she's like, so it's wrong for anyone to go around trashing her... especially as most of us haven't actually seen her perform...

Change is good!!!

I don't like the fact that entire threads are being deleted. I remember making a comment somewhere in the middle that the thread had reached 35 or so pages which means it was probably 50 pages or more by the time it was deleted.

If what was going on in the thread was so offensive and an embarassment to MFC, then it should have been curtailed long before that point and not locked and then deleted long after the damage was done.

As well as some of the harmless joking and legitimate concerns about Mika's changing shows, I and many others made an effort to compose responses to some of the criticisms. If entire threads are going to be deleted I don't see why we're all wasting our time posting in them in the first place.

I only had time to read some of what Sarie said this morning about the other things that go on in the forum and I think she had a point, but I wasn't able to read the entire conversation since it's been deleted.

If you want issues to be resolved, sweeping them under the rug like they don't exist instead of discussing them is not going to work. And moderating should involve guiding discussions in an acceptable direction and in the worst case scenario, deleting totally unacceptable posts. Deleting a 50-page thread that was allowed to run for a day without any moderation is ridiculous.

I don't like the fact that entire threads are being deleted. I remember making a comment somewhere in the middle that the thread had reached 35 or so pages which means it was probably 50 pages or more by the time it was deleted.

If what was going on in the thread was so offensive and an embarassment to MFC, then it should have been curtailed long before that point and not locked and then deleted long after the damage was done.

As well as some of the harmless joking and legitimate concerns about Mika's changing shows, I and many others made an effort to compose responses to some of the criticisms. If entire threads are going to be deleted I don't see why we're all wasting our time posting in them in the first place.

I only had time to read some of what Sarie said this morning about the other things that go on in the forum and I think she had a point, but I wasn't able to read the entire conversation since it's been deleted.

If you want issues to be resolved, sweeping them under the rug like they don't exist instead of discussing them is not going to work. And moderating should involve guiding discussions in an acceptable direction and in the worst case scenario, deleting totally unacceptable posts. Deleting a 50-page thread that was allowed to run for a day without any moderation is ridiculous.

I am sorry for saying so, but now you are a bit unfair to our mods..:boxed:

and I am not saying this because I am one of them now, but I know now that it is really hard to be a mod... a lot to read and really a lot of work.. think about that!! :shocked:

We can't be anywhere, so (as I have said before) we all can be held responsible for what is posted and not to put it back to the mods..:thumbdown:

Second of that, the thread is removed because of certain reasons..

We (the mods) are not going to remove threads if it isn't neccesary..:doh:

So.. don't blame us (and certainly those who are mods way longer than I am..:shocked:) but think a bit before you post something..:wink2:

than nothing has to be removed at all..:biggrin2:

What you say here is very true.

I wasn't going to respond to this but I thought I would.

I didn't contribute to the other deleted thread...but I was reading what all the controversy was all about..but couldn't get through all the pages in so many hours..so I was going to come back to it and read the rest of the replies later on.

But I was too late because the whole thread was deleted.:annoyed_h4h:

(I wanted to check out Opheilia's myspace and can't find it now)

I find other people's opinions very interesting and I myself am sometimes too shy to post my opinion on an open forum...as I am very outspoken but choose not to be on here or on this particular thread...

A whole thread should not have been deleted....maybe some of the replies only because of the things being posted about a certain lady.....

BUT yes people should be discussing and not deleting.