.........I'm sorry...

Fmbm

Because my "No offense to anyone" thread seemed to have caused an uproar, I would just like to apologize if I have hurt anyone's feelings. For the record, I don't hate Mika's new back up singer, I'm just sort confused with myself (as lame as that sounds). I've been feeling really strange lately about the new Mika tour and I don't know why and I guess its causing me to say things I normally wouldn't say. So I'm sorry and please don't hate me. I was PMSing. True story.

I'M SORRY EVERYONE

:sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no need to apologise to us really..

you are entitled to your opinion on anything you want to..

the thread did get carried away.. true..

but.. that happens..

you're still on my friends list.. even if our opinions on Sara are different.

xx:wink2:

no need to apologise to us really..

you are entitled to your opinion on anything you want to..

the thread did get carried away.. true..

but.. that happens..

you're still on my friends list.. even if our opinions on Sara are different.

xx:wink2:

Aww thanks, but yes, I should apologize. I was mean, nasty, cruel, you name it.

Who knows, maybe Sara is really awesome and sweet, but I had to go and jusge a book by its cover so Sara if you're reading this (which I hope you're not) I'm VERY sorry

Ive read that thread in some detail now and am even more shocked and saddened....

Ok we all have personnel comments , does she sing well? , does she compliment Mika??? .. but to personnaly attack her as some forum members have done .. STINKS

I feel deeply ashamed to be part of the MFC , what if she reads that thread? , and how about Mika ??? ... she is part of his tour!!!

You will destroy the MFC going on like this , many many people are doing nice things and work hard .. and I see these comments .. shocking :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I cant ever remember feeling this angry on the MFC before

Btw this is vented as you are the thread owner .. others were involved too ....

i never really read the previous thread properly, but i was very annoyed that people were attacking her. sure, we all miss lorna, but this girl is just another singer too. i wanted to comment but the thread was so long and i didnt fancy repeating anything, in case someone said what i was going to say.

i remember something about how she joins in with everything and takes the stage like Mika does and doesn't "behave" like a backing singer...

the thing is she is a singer and she has the right to be noticed. you don't hide luke, martin, mikey and cherisse when they're playing their instruments because they're a BAND, and it's all about team effort. The backing singer is part of that team. Lorna took centre stage when she sung happy ending with Mika, so why can't this woman?

As for shaking her butt with Mika and Mikey, why not? I know we all see it as a Mika/Mikey thing, but she's welcomed as part of the team. If Mika and the band accept her, why shouldn't we?

I saw in the Lille Review Thread that some did not like the new Holy Johnny. I loved it! It seemed much more rehearsed and a lot less demo-like, and her backing singing and harmony helped with that. yes, her voice or microphone may have been a little strong, but it seemed much more like an actual song.

You may not like her guys, or whatever, but please don't attack her. She has feelings like the rest of us and we need to consider them.

I know its probably a bit soon for it, and it might be best to wait for people to cool off but I was hoping that in a few days or so I could make a Sara thread where people could hopefully, stick to giving comments on her singing, complimenting mika, stage presence and whether they like or as a performer or not, so that if she does read the forum (a high possibility) she can read something other than that thread.

I'd be happy to keep an eye on the thread and pm the mods if any issue arise

This is part of two larger issues on the forum and has nothing to do with Sara.

First off, there are many people who seem to experience anxiety and/or anger if Mika changes in any way, shape or form. It seems that fans want to lock him in a time capsule from January 2007 and never let him out. Don't cut your hair! Don't slick it back! Don't put on any weight! Don't change your clothes! Don't forsake your fans to do other things with your time! Don't rearrange your music! Don't play in big venues! And for heaven's sakes, don't have some woman on stage who has a strong voice and stage presence!

The other problem is the mob mentality that takes hold after a couple of strong opinions have been weighed in on a subject and no one steps in to counter them quickly enough. People who themselves were curious about Mika's sexual orientation will be slapping down other posters 24 hours later for asking questions just because it's become the party line. People who didn't have an opinion on Sara suddenly want her hung, drawn and quartered based on a couple of videos and the rantings of other posters.

Because all this nonsense about her being front and centre and dominating every song is not even true. She sang background on How Much Do You Love Me? You couldn't even see her until Mika went over and started singing to her, just like he always does with Martin and Mikey. She was part of the lineup of the entire band for Holy Johnny. From what I can see, Mika spotlights her during a cover song because that's how he wanted to treat this particular song. And she takes Lorna's place during Happy Ending. What is so unusual and blasphemous and offensive about this arrangement?

I don't think anyone even knows. They just get an idea in their head and go off on one because everyone else is doing it. Some people are going to enjoy her live performances. Some people are not. But the reaction so many have had based on a couple of video clips is, I'm sure, totally out of proportion with what the live audience is experiencing.

but we have to remember that most poeple are at first afarid of change (**and i include my self in that group**) but some will come around we just have to give them time, ok its given that some poeple won't like her but others are just confuesed with this change and might end up liking her!

so why don't we just all relax and see were this goes!

Because all this nonsense about her being front and centre and dominating every song is not even true. She sang background on How Much Do You Love Me? You couldn't even see her until Mika went over and started singing to her, just like he always does with Martin and Mikey. She was part of the lineup of the entire band for Holy Johnny. From what I can see, Mika spotlights her during a cover song because that's how he wanted to treat this particular song. And she takes Lorna's place during Happy Ending. What is so unusual and blasphemous and offensive about this arrangement?

thats what i thought O.o i was watching the how much do you love me video and i was thinking "i can barely see what she looks like!" lol!

but we have to remember that most poeple are at first afarid of change (**and i include my self in that group**) but some will come around we just have to give them time, ok its given that some poeple won't like her but others are just confuesed with this change and might end up liking her!

so why don't we just all relax and see were this goes!

some may well be afraid of change, but the fact is, change WILL happen whether people like it or not. take the change of hairstyle for example. yes i freaked as well. but only because it was such a drastic change and made him look so different. from what i can tell in the videos, the concerts haven't changed so much, just the backing singer (again, thats all ive heard) but i dont see why people are so angry about it. People never mentioned so much love for Lorna until this happened anyway.

Sure, it might take some time to get it round people's heads, but they shouldn't bite at something the moment it steps out. The backing singer is just doing her job, so let her do it.

I suspect that the changes that are happening are a bit of a shock to the system for some people, I know with the hair thing I was taken aback at first as it was quite radical, but after a day I got used to it, and actually think he looks quite dashing with it like that.

The same with the shows, and Sara, who I must say intially I wasn't sure about, but watching the new song video again yesterday, I think she's alright.

Obviously, as I have said in a few posts I won't judge her until I see for myself, but I agree the "lets kill her" posts are TOTALLY out of order. What's wrong with these people, the poor woman hasn't done anything to them personally, so what the heck is that all about?

I think everyone needs to step back, calm down and think about whats good for Mika.

I must say I am one of the people who hoped Lorna would come back, but from what I 've read on another thread, that may not be happening. So I think we should give the benefit of the doubt, and give Sara a chance.

The show is evolving, which I guess is bound to happen as he goes to bigger venues, and he'll need some one with a voice to match that, and if Sara's voice is powerful, she'll be what he needs to accomodate that.

:thumb_yello: No big deal, people make mistakes,

Just to clarify...I don't hate you either!!! I admire that you want to stick to your opinions but I admire even more that you could apoligized to everyone for how it got out of hand when in fact it was not just you who said all those things. I hope nothing I said offended you either!

Fmbm, I'm glad that you've apologized because it takes real guts to own up when you've initiated something wrong,which is what happened. No, you didn't go crazy and start saying some of the horrible things that others were saying but you created a platform to do so, so in that your apology is appropriate and of course, with out a doubt expected. we all know that pms-ing bring out the worst in us. :biggrin2::bleh:

This is not directed at you but more so at everyone in the mfc. If we expect to be taken seriously as the "official Mika Fan Club" as so many of you are working so hard to achieve, especially the mods, the we are going to have to curtail a lot of the outbreaks that have been going on around here(I'm including myself in this). Sometimes its just about catching ourselves when we've made a mistake and apologizing and redirecting our anger. If we have to get off the mfc for awhile, just to take a break the maybe thats what needs to be done, but its not worth it to work so hard at something just to shoot ourselves in the foot, so to speak.

I really hope this doesn't offend anyone because i really would love for us to become official and have all the benefits involved in that but we really need to shape us and use a little more heart when dealing with one another. A lot of us think of each other as family and that may even be why we are getting so comfortable saying and doing things in a very direct way, but even with family we have to learn that without being responsible for our actions and without caring enough for the other guy we won't survive.

I say this because i love you all. Your amazingly talented and incredible people, and i know we can work to make this right. Big hugs for all of you!!!

:wub2:

Well, it's not your fault people talked about killing her, is it? You made a nice debate, people just turned it into something pretty nasty. :thumb_yello:

That was pretty sickening, people saying that.

(edit: I think it was so good of you to apologise, as i think everyone else who made the same judgement and said some not nice things should too, it takes alot to do things like that)

i watched the videos and at first, i could agree with what some of you were saying (not the killing part of course) just that she was a bit, in your face.

But then, i read other peoples points, seeing the other side, i admitted that i might have jumped to a conclusion before really hearing it out.

When someone said, (cant remember who) what if shes really shy off stage, and shes trying really hard up there to overcome it, it made me think differently.

I think its easy for people to jump to conclusions when eveybody else is making the same one.

but even so, oh my gosh, i feel so embarrased, even though i dont feel that i said anything hurtful. I mean, like you said, what if she read it all? I just feel so ashamed for the forum. the last thing i would want is to hurt someones feelings, and i would just feel so distraught if i was her and thats what everyone was saying about me

Im sorry Sara! :tears:

aliceb.jpg

Ive read that thread in some detail now and am even more shocked and saddened....

Ok we all have personnel comments , does she sing well? , does she compliment Mika??? .. but to personnaly attack her as some forum members have done .. STINKS

I feel deeply ashamed to be part of the MFC , what if she reads that thread? , and how about Mika ??? ... she is part of his tour!!!

You will destroy the MFC going on like this , many many people are doing nice things and work hard .. and I see these comments .. shocking :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I cant ever remember feeling this angry on the MFC before

Btw this is vented as you are the thread owner .. others were involved too ....

Because my "No offense to anyone" thread seemed to have caused an uproar, I would just like to apologize if I have hurt anyone's feelings. For the record, I don't hate Mika's new back up singer, I'm just sort confused with myself (as lame as that sounds). I've been feeling really strange lately about the new Mika tour and I don't know why and I guess its causing me to say things I normally wouldn't say. So I'm sorry and please don't hate me. I was PMSing. True story.

I'M SORRY EVERYONE

:sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

don't worry girl....I can understand you, 'cause I was fifteen once some time ago, and I felt things in a really intense way and I wanted to say them. That cost me a lot of problems....

but it's OK, this is a forum and you can say everything you want, we aren't here to judge you

be happy! everything allright, at least for me....

Romi

First off, there are many people who seem to experience anxiety and/or anger if Mika changes in any way, shape or form. It seems that fans want to lock him in a time capsule from January 2007 and never let him out. Don't cut your hair! Don't slick it back! Don't put on any weight! Don't change your clothes! Don't forsake your fans to do other things with your time! Don't rearrange your music! Don't play in big venues! And for heaven's sakes, don't have some woman on stage who has a strong voice and stage presence!

The other problem is the mob mentality that takes hold after a couple of strong opinions have been weighed in on a subject and no one steps in to counter them quickly enough. People who themselves were curious about Mika's sexual orientation will be slapping down other posters 24 hours later for asking questions just because it's become the party line. People who didn't have an opinion on Sara suddenly want her hung, drawn and quartered based on a couple of videos and the rantings of other posters.

I don't think anyone even knows. They just get an idea in their head and go off on one because everyone else is doing it. Some people are going to enjoy her live performances. Some people are not. But the reaction so many have had based on a couple of video clips is, I'm sure, totally out of proportion with what the live audience is experiencing.

I totally agree with you Christine...

I did find it amsuing how you mentioned people jumping on the "Lets attack Sara" bandwagon... now it seems to be the "I'm sorry about saying nasty things" bandwagon... That's just the way I see it...

Though I do have to say, PMS shouldn't really be used as an excuse for bitchy comments... I know there have been times where I've wanted to put a bitchy comment on here (usually spurred on by PMS), but I reread what I typed and realised it wasn't appropriate... I'm not attacking anyone (especially not Fmbm - you know I love you!), but I think sometimes people just need to think about what they post... It would make the mods lives a lot easier if people did so!

Fmbm, i don't think you should have to apologise for what you wrote, other people went overboard with it... the people who were saying "Let's kill her" should be (fair enough if you don't like Sara, but that's uncalled for)...

If you disagree with me, feel free to say so!

Nico the mod!

Freddie, is there any way that that thread can be completely deleted? I, frankly, feel uncomfortable with it even existing in its current state. :blink:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Fmbm, I honestly believe that you did not intend on that thread turning into what it did.

It is sickening to see people ATTACK someone that they do not know, and know practically nothing of. It's one thing to say, "I don't care too much for the ROLES that she may have," and a complete other to call her a "slut" or other hurtful things. She is a person. I, honestly, find it rather insulting to read people criticizing a woman in such a way. There is no excuse for it. I don't care if you pull the censorship line, that is unacceptable. It makes me feel really bad for her. She has done nothing to any of you. If Mika had a problem with her, believe me, it would've been solved by now. He obviously likes her in the show, and wasn't it he that put her in in the first place? It was all his idea, if I remember what Mikey said, correctly.

I, personally, think that she is a great addition to the band. Her voice is amazing and I like how it kind of switches things up a bit. She is not trying to take Mika's place. He obviously wants her there, and she is a part of the band. I don't think any of you would have a problem if, for example, Luke, Martin or Cherisse were switched into her position. It's just because she's a new girl, and something different, that people are criticizing her.

It's not the opinions that I have a problem with. It's the utter ATTACKS on her that are completely disappointing and down-right shameful.

ha ha... Christine, i don't know how you will take that, but NOW that i read that, i do think that i can go and leave the forum for real, things will be taken care of :naughty: :naughty:

what about creating a thread : Let's worship Sara, now ? seems that this thread is going this way under fmbm's apologies, knowing how you guys usually behave :wink2: i would bet that you you will all have your little comment about how this or this is great in her performance now...

oh, sorry, i should be gone now !! *waves for good*

I'm not really gonna appologize for anything I said, as it was only said as a joke. I am not planning to bring an oversized frying pan to a gig and fry her and if people think that then it's their thinking that is wrong, not my writing :mf_rosetinted: I am also among those who hoped to see Lorna again and I said that in my own weird way, but I was not planning to diss anyone at a future gig. I do think that thread went too far though, one thing is to joke, but of course we shouldn't throw around personal insults just because we don't like a performance :doh: And yes, I wish Mika was still the loveable piano geek he was back in january, I don't like Mika the pop star at all, so of course I'm ranting from time to time, it sucks that he won't play an intimate gig in my living room :sneaky2: But I am of course fully aware that this is how it's gonna be and I will either get used to it or eventually find something else to do with my spare time, but for now I'm still ranting :mf_rosetinted:

I totally agree with you Christine...

I did find it amsuing how you mentioned people jumping on the "Lets attack Sara" bandwagon... now it seems to be the "I'm sorry about saying nasty things" bandwagon... That's just the way I see it...

Though I do have to say, PMS shouldn't really be used as an excuse for bitchy comments... I know there have been times where I've wanted to put a bitchy comment on here (usually spurred on by PMS), but I reread what I typed and realised it wasn't appropriate... I'm not attacking anyone (especially not Fmbm - you know I love you!), but I think sometimes people just need to think about what they post... It would make the mods lives a lot easier if people did so!

Fmbm, i don't think you should have to apologise for what you wrote, other people went overboard with it... the people who were saying "Let's kill her" should be (fair enough if you don't like Sara, but that's uncalled for)...

If you disagree with me, feel free to say so!

Nico the mod!

I always think jealousy can be a big part too.

Maybe not, but maybe more for the people who said lets kill her (which, to be honest, particularly offends me)

I mean, how many of us here would like to be up there, sharing the stage with Mika and getting up close to him??

And i think seeing Sara swooping in there and doing an awesome job, kind of brought out the green eyed monster in some of us. Still, some comments were uncalled for, and i feel like crying because i made a judgement and follwed the crowd - something i always vow never to do. (even though things i said were no where near as hurtful as some others' comments)

don't worry girl....I can understand you, 'cause I was fifteen once some time ago, and I felt things in a really intense way and I wanted to say them. That cost me a lot of problems....

but it's OK, this is a forum and you can say everything you want, we aren't here to judge you

be happy! everything allright, at least for me....

Romi

just a little reaction of me on this..:blush-anim-cl:

I think just because it is a forum and because it can be read by everyone (even Mika or Sara herself) we should be beware of what we write in here..:blink:

I am not judging anyone at this point either, but please everyone, just think twice before writing something..

It is a public forum so everyone can read it..:wink2:

And now I am not only talking about that one particular thread but in general..:bleh:

Please think by yourself if you would like to read that about someone or even place yourself in the position of being that person you want to write about..:thumb_yello:

Freddie, is there any way that that thread can be completely deleted? I, frankly, feel uncomfortable with it even existing in its current state. :blink:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Fmbm, I honestly believe that you did not intend on that thread turning into what it did.

It is sickening to see people ATTACK someone that they do not know, and know practically nothing of. It's one thing to say, "I don't care too much for the ROLES that she may have," and a complete other to call her a "slut" or other hurtful things. She is a person. I, honestly, find it rather insulting to read people criticizing a woman in such a way. There is no excuse for it. I don't care if you pull the censorship line, that is unacceptable. It makes me feel really bad for her. She has done nothing to any of you. If Mika had a problem with her, believe me, it would've been solved by now. He obviously likes her in the show, and wasn't it he that put her in in the first place? It was all his idea, if I remember what Mikey said, correctly.

I, personally, think that she is a great addition to the band. Her voice is amazing and I like how it kind of switches things up a bit. She is not trying to take Mika's place. He obviously wants her there, and she is a part of the band. I don't think any of you would have a problem if, for example, Luke, Martin or Cherisse were switched into her position. It's just because she's a new girl, and something different, that people are criticizing her.

It's not the opinions that I have a problem with. It's the utter ATTACKS on her that are completely disappointing and down-right shameful.

I agree. Some of the things said were just plain spiteful.

I hope the thread can be deleted, so that, if Sara hasnt read it already (god forbid) that she or any of the band members cant read it. Not meant in a way that we are covering up the problem.

But think about it. how much respect does Mika have for us? We all know that he reads here from time to time, but he doesnt have to.

He could just pass us off as some minor, insignificant fan club, and who knows, if he reads those comments, he could lose a huge amount of that respect.

The thing is, everyone makes mistakes in life.

Three big lessons i have learnt from this are:

To never follow the crowd, if you know what theyre doing is wrong

Never to make judgements before you know the FACTS

And to ALWAYS think about what i say, and whom it may hurt or offend, before i actually say it