Time to appreciate Mika's new backing singer!

She has quite a voice, and has had a big role in the new tour so far. Sings a great duet with Mika for Missionary Man:

She is introduced on Mikey's myspace:

"We are lucky to have added Sara Skeete to our family! An amazing singer who is probably one of the most nicest people I've had the pleasure to share a bus with! A sweet and shy lady who's personality is shining on stage... all thanks to our maestro Mika! "

m_b93909e03984ecdd38ba02823242a1aa.jpg

Mika introduces her as "Saranayde" at a concert here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Brs4qA79go

and they sing the new song How Much do you Love me here:

and again

Holy Johnny here:

Saranayde's myspace description is here:

http://www.myspace.com/saranaydemusic

Saranayde is a New British Singer/Songwriter/Performer. She Has Already made A Name For Herself in America by Writing And Performing Music For The Soundtrack Of The Hollywood Film -'What's The Worst That Could Happen' starring Martin Lawrence. She Also Duetted With Queen LatiFah on The Same Soundtrack-Earning Critical Acclaim From Billboard Magazine...... She Has Already worked With Michael Jackson, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue, The Scissors Sisters and Recently Mutya Buena.... Her New Self- penned Album Features Her Highly Individual And original Style to Writing and Performing.

It will be really interesting to see the shows develop with Sara. Her presence was a big surprise for most of us on MFC, but let's welcome her to the MIKA family!!!:biggrin2:

Lovely pictures from Bologna

big_angel_1.jpg

big_corista.jpg

and Torino

2004732503700847411_rs.jpg

I like her.. BabyBlue and I were avid Sara Avenger's on 'that' thread..

I think she has a great voice, and for a shy person she really holds her own up there on the stage..

Like I've said before.. I couldn't do it..

So well Done Sara!:thumb_yello:

well done blue sky...we are such a welcoming forum here...and she's got a main role now in the 'family'!

so it's correct to give her a proper thread!

but....guess what...i've seen ONLY the first performance of How much do you love me in Lille..do not want to spoil my gigs...want them to be a surprise!

so...welcome saranayde! but i'll see you in action only next friday! :biggrin2:

She has done backing vocals for Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue and Scissor Sisters, so lots of people obviously think highly of her. I wonder whether she will be travelling with Mika like the rest of the band, all over the world. Coz Lorna didn't do that...which is why we had Mika's sister Zuleika Allegra singing on Happy Ending in Tokyo. That in itself was a real treat.

Can't wait for the next Tokyo visit....:wub2:

BTW I am wondering how Sara Skeete is related to Beverley Skeete. Maybe that is her mother? or older sister?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Nwwd_z6jPk

but....guess what...i've seen ONLY the first performance of How much do you love me in Lille..do not want to spoil my gigs...want them to be a surprise!

You're right! I need to do that before London! Maybe there will be something different and I want to be surprised! :biggrin2:

SHE IS AMAZIIIIIIING

she's got such a great voice i love her on stage...she's so amazing live!! and togethere with mika in missionary man... :wub2: :wub2: they're simply perfect!! great cover!!

go sara go!!go sara go!!

Now, see, aren't we glad there is a thread to appreciate her talent....MIKA would not choose anything less than a talented singer. We just had to overcome the initial shock/jealousy thing.

Go Sara!! MFC loves you now!!!:wub2: