daisylou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Oh this thread has popped back up again :wub2:

I went to see Russell at the O2 arena London last Friday! :wub2: It was incredible. If anyone's interested I'd be happy to spill the beans on what happened on my trip but it is quite a long story and I didn't even meet him or nothing haha :naughty: Though I did have an amazing time :wub2:

Edited by Shaza!

I went to see Russell at the O2 arena London last Friday! :wub2: It was incredible. If anyone's interested I'd be happy to spill the beans on what happened on my trip but it is quite a long story and I didn't even meet him or nothing haha :naughty: Though I did have an amazing time :wub2:

oh awesome:biggrin2:

I'm interested:wub2::punk:

I'm interested too!:thumb_yello:

This guy is a growing mystery to me, especially after reading his book!:blink:

And is it true that a second book is on its way or was just a joke on twitter?:wink2:

oh awesome:biggrin2:

I'm interested:wub2::punk:

Hehe ok cool! :wink2:

I'm interested too!:thumb_yello:

This guy is a growing mystery to me, especially after reading his book!:blink:

And is it true that a second book is on its way or was just a joke on twitter?:wink2:

Hehe there is indeed something really captivating about him, he is a fascinating character! And yes I think it's true he is writing a booky wook 2! He's mentioned it many times, I can't wait! I hope he does book signings!

Ok first of all, I apologise in advance for the length of this, I did warn xD But just so much happened and I really can't summarise for the life of me, haha! This is like an edit of what I posted the Irish thread too.

Anyway well I went with my friend off the RB forum. We had 2nd row seats! We paid well for them though :naughty: But seeing as it was for my birthday I said I might as well! And it turned out we couldn’t have chose a better gig to get 2nd row seats for, it was being filmed for his DVD! :mf_lustslow: See this video here, when the camera walks up to the stage, that’s exactly where we were! on the outside of the middle aisle, that video totally brings me back there again :wub2:http://www.russellbrand.tv/2009/04/backstage-at-the-o2/ Was a great show, Russell was in great form! Plus after the show he asked us to hang on to be extras for his new movie he’s filming, Get Him to the Greek! if you’ve seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall, he’s playing his character from that again, Aldous Snow, but this time he’s the lead role! So while he went to change into his Aldous Snow gear, Jack Black and Jason Segel came out and performed one of the songs Jason did in FSM, Dracula’s lament! xD and Jack Black wasn’t in it but he stood there looking all serious and joined in at the chorus, was brill! Haha! Anyway next thing they asked us all to get on our feet and they played two songs Russell had recorded for Aldous Snow, Inside of You and a new one “I am Jesus” hahaha that song was amazing xDD and they filmed us all clapping and cheering and such! I can imagine it must look amazing cos there was 15,000 people there! Next thing Russell came out! Or Aldous Snow I should say, haha he looked amazing!:mf_lustslow: I am seriously in love with Aldous Snow *swoons* haha! And he performed those songs twice, well he mimed, but his performance was amazing, I don't even know how to describe it! Think theatrical, over dramatic, but at the same time drugged up and a bit out of it. xD And he's got the whole sexy arrogance thing that Russell has going on, but this is a much more exaggerated arrogance :naughty: But by God, Aldous Snow is incredibly sexy! Much more so than Russell Brand! :naughty: It was so exciting being there though and actually being part of a Hollywood film! Was incredible, had the best time!

Anyway afterwards there was a vip party going on and so we and a couple of forumers waited outside the vip entrance door, we tried to get in but no good xD but we saw a few celebs walk in and out! Saw Matt Lucas, who looked a bit grumpy tbh xD then a while later David Walliams walked in! I saw him coming and I kind of approached him as he was walking in, I just walked up and said “David Walliams!” haha and he said “Yes, hello” and kept walking, but I didn’t want to leave it at that so I said to him “er.. I quite like you!” hahaha! Couldn’t believe I said that haha! I was just laughing though so it was quite funny xD He just kept walking haha! But there were glass doors and a kind of a waiting area before you got to the party area, and he just stood in there for ages looking right out! And there was us, just standing there in front of the door! I felt so self conscious haha! He was probably there looking thinking what a freak, haha! Every time I turned around he was there looking out! I wanted to take a photo but it wouldn’t be half obvious since I was there right in front of him haha! In the end I was gonna do it with my phone pretending to be texting someone but then he went in, aw well haha!

Anyway so after a while most people left so there was just three of us, and my friend asked one of the staff would Russell be coming out of here afterwards, and he said no they never come out of here and directed us to this door round the back. So we went back there, it was near the car park, but looked a bit stingey, not the kind of place Russell would be making his exit from! But we waited there for a while and this fella came out, we asked did he know if Russell would be coming out of here and he said he didn’t think so. I was like ooh I’m from Ireland and I’ve been trying to meet him for ages and all this, and he said he was working on his film crew, not sure whether it was the crew for this documentary Russell’s doing of the Get him to the Greek film crew, I think it was both! He said he would give me his pass only he was working for a really strict American company. We didn’t ask for it or anything but he was talking away to us for a while and told me he was working on this new show with this Irish tv personality and I was like aah I really like him! He was so lovely, just chatting away to us and then after a while he just gave me his pass and told us where to go, I was so grateful! Bless him! :wub2:

So anyway we went through that door and tried to get through but there was a security guy there and he was like where are you going? We were like we want to get to the backstage area, we are the film crew! It would have been much easier to have gone in through the vip entrance where we’d been standing all night, but for that reason don’t think it would have worked xD Anyway to cut a long story short, we were directed back and over to a few different places, pretending we were vips but in the end we came back here again. Everyone seemed to believe us but we just couldn’t find the way in! In the end we went back to the original place and was like can you just let us through here we’ll find the way. He was like ok sign this so, but like I had no idea what to sign we needed to write company name and all this, and I didn’t want to get the guy who gave me the pass in trouble! I can’t remember how I talked my way out of that xD but anyway then he asked me my name and I just said Sheree, and he called up this guy and was like “I have Sheree here from the film crew, can I let her in this way” and I was like aagh, they’re not gonna know anyone called Sheree xD but then this guy came up! And he was like who are you. My friend said we want to go back to the party to get her jacket, and her pass was on that, that’s why she didn’t have one (we were just praying they wouldn’t ask our other friend xD) the man was like who is your manager, and I was like “eeeh, what’s his name guys?” xDD it was awful haha! Next thing he told us ok he could let me through but only me, and I didn’t know what to do! I was so nervous the thought of going back there on my own! But at the same time I was being given the opportunity of going to the vip party could I really pass this off?! Literally just stood there for like a minute, in silence, just looking at my phone and thinking while everyone else waited for me to respond. In the end I was like, Ok, I’ll go back and I’ll see you guys back here later? Oh, I have butterflies even now reliving that moment! So I went through with the guy, so nervous! I followed him for a bit and he told me to go to this other entrance. I got there and the guys there had to ring up someone else saying we have this one with a crew pass, can we let her in and which is the quickest way, so then I was following this other guy for what seemed like ages til I was back inside the O2 and faced in front of the vip entrance door! I was finally in there! So I walked on up through, it was a blue room with cream furniture, but the room was clearing out, the party was obviously ending, and then this one said are you alright, and told me Russell had left about 20 mins ago. So that was it! I made it up there but no luck! But you know I was glad I'd tried!! As I was leaving I asked a few people how they got in, they said they were friends of Russell and that everyone was. I suppose so, they were about his age. Really nice they were!

So anyway I headed back out to where I said I’d meet the girls. And on the way I just happened to bump into Russell’s producer, Gareth! Now I actually really like Gareth, he’s always in the vids on Russell’s website and such, he’s so sweet! So I was really happy to meet him and told him how I’d been trying to find Russell and how I’ve come over to see him and all that, he really seemed like he genuinely cared! In the end he suggested I go to the TalkSport radio studio the next day, where Russell and Noel Gallagher will be going to record their pilot radio show, he gave me the address and time, he was so sweet! I didn’t know whether or not I could go, cos my flight home was 8.25 and Russell was to be recording from 6-9! But I said thanks anyway, and asked him would he tell Russell I was asking for him xD oh and I asked him to join twitter and he said he would xD haha, I’d already asked Russell on twitter would he get Gareth to join cos I’ve a soft spot for him xD Gareth said it nice to meet me then when he was going, I was so happy to have met him!

By the way, I’m sooo sorry this is so long! I did warn ye! xD I’m not even sure why I’m writing this anymore or why anyone would even care, It’s not like I even met him in the end. xD But oh well, I’ll continue for if anyone’s made it this far, and if you have Well Done! xD

Anyway the next day me and Rebecca decided to go to the talksport studio at about 5:30. There were a couple of guys there who I think were working on the documentary or else paps. Russell didn’t stop though when he arrived, he just walked straight in. In retrospect, I should have tried walking in after him, haha! But oh well.I didn’t let it bother me cos I had a great weekend anyway and I knew there was no guarantee I’d see him then anyway. I was just as well to pop along while I was there and when Gareth had suggested it to me!

I had to leave then at about 6:15, but my friend Rebecca went back as went back when he finished at 9 but apparently he didn’t really stop then either, just gave hugs and left, cos Rebecca was going to try and get him to sign something for me but she couldn’t. Oh well!

Edited by Shaza!

Oh I also saw Noel Gallagher arriving! while I was at the Talksport studio he arrived and got out of his car and walked in, and I stood there and looked at him xD This fella with a camera goes "How are you love" and Noel just grumbled xD

Anyway that’s about it! I really did have a brilliant weekend! And Friday night was absolutely amazing! :wub2: I’m sooo sorry for the length of this! This part wouldn't even fit in the first post :roftl: I really cannot summarise for the life of me haha! If you have got this far I really think you deserve a well done! :naughty::wub2:

Edited by Shaza!

Wow, thank you!:thumb_yello:

It was great to read about your whole adventure and wow the things you went through to get to see him!:roftl:

You should have a medal!

Sorry to hear you didn’t got to meet him in the end though.

Great story and I’m really looking forward to see him in another film, I think he did a great job in the first one!:wub2:

Wow, thank you!:thumb_yello:

It was great to read about your whole adventure and wow the things you went through to get to see him!:roftl:

You should have a medal!

Sorry to hear you didn’t got to meet him in the end though.

Great story and I’m really looking forward to see him in another film, I think he did a great job in the first one!:wub2:

haha you're welcome :naughty:

Me too, I'm so excited for this new movie! Have you seen Bedtime Stories? It's just come out on dvd here, I'm getting it tomorrow and having a watching party with my friend :naughty: He's brilliant in that too, I loved it!

haha you're welcome :naughty:

Me too, I'm so excited for this new movie! Have you seen Bedtime Stories? It's just come out on dvd here, I'm getting it tomorrow and having a watching party with my friend :naughty: He's brilliant in that too, I loved it!

NO!:boxed:

I didn't he was in that movie!:shocked:

I really have to look for it!:wub2:

I´m jealous, Shaza, as usual, even knowing you didn´t meet him this time, but it was a funny experience.

I never got the chance to meet the man *sighs*

News from Russ: He´s making the remake of the early 90s movie "Drop Dead Fred". More info here --> http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/russell-brand-t.html

DROP_DEAD_FRED_ART.jpg

I heard that on the radio this morning and wondered if it was just another rumour, like the one about Russell being in POTC as Johnny Depp's brother or something.

Thanks for your report about the show Shaza. That was a fun read. Don't apologise for making things long, we like all the detail.

Thanks for your report about the show Shaza. That was a fun read. Don't apologise for making things long, we like all the detail.

thanks for writing all of that shaza!:wub2:

and its ok about the length, it was really interesting to read!

I'm glad it was a good time overalll!! :biggrin2:

Thanks guys!

I´m jealous, Shaza, as usual, even knowing you didn´t meet him this time, but it was a funny experience.

I never got the chance to meet the man *sighs*

Sorry Queenie, but you know it's still very frustrating for me simply cos I do make the effort as often as I can to go and see him and can still never meet him properly. I know it is frustrating for you too cos it's very far for you to travel but it's far for me too and that can make it really disappointing. So there's no need to be jealous of my experiences above anyone elses, I consider myself quite unlucky when it comes to meeting him considering what good experiences so many others have had with him.

I have just seen him in the movie Bedtime Stories and I can’t stop laughing!:roftl:

He had such a funny part and the costume…. I’m thinking about the Hawaiian thingy of course…. was absolutely hilarious!

He must be the only man on earth who can wear anything like that and still keep his dignity in some mysterious way!:wub2:

Well to an extend anyway!:naughty:

Sorry Queenie, but you know it's still very frustrating for me simply cos I do make the effort as often as I can to go and see him and can still never meet him properly. I know it is frustrating for you too cos it's very far for you to travel but it's far for me too and that can make it really disappointing. So there's no need to be jealous of my experiences above anyone elses, I consider myself quite unlucky when it comes to meeting him considering what good experiences so many others have had with him.

Shaza, i´m not uberjealous or wishing you any bad. I feel bad for you because you never get the chance to meet him properly and i can find it very frustrating as you have said. Don´t take my comments in a hurtful or meanful way, please.

And some people are so extremely lucky with him. You´re right :tears:

If we're talking unlucky and frustrating I can beat you all. :mf_rosetinted:

I was supposed to see him a couple of months ago.. in London with my dear Queenie.

Everything was booked and paid for. On the day of the gig I went to trainstation the to

get on my train to Brussels and catch the Eurostar to London there.

Well my train never showed.. which made me miss my Eurostar train (which you can't exchange the tickets of)

thus making me unable to get to London. I missed the gig, missed Queenie, lost a ton of money

(I had to save for this gig, being a poor student and all) and ofcourse, missed Russy.

Now stop complaining about being unlucky. :sneaky2:

I have just seen him in the movie Bedtime Stories and I can’t stop laughing!

He had such a funny part and the costume…. I’m thinking about the Hawaiian thingy of course…. was absolutely hilarious!

He must be the only man on earth who can wear anything like that and still keep his dignity in some mysterious way!

Well to an extend anyway!

Haha he looks great in that costume :roftl: I got the dvd the other day and just watched it again :wub2: He's got some really funny parts in the deleted scenes too :bleh:

Shaza, i´m not uberjealous or wishing you any bad. I feel bad for you because you never get the chance to meet him properly and i can find it very frustrating as you have said. Don´t take my comments in a hurtful or meanful way, please.

And some people are so extremely lucky with him. You´re right

I know what you mean, don't worry I didn't take anything you said in any hurtful way :wink2:

Ah if only we'd known him in the old days when he was solely based in London and had his little niche following!

If we're talking unlucky and frustrating I can beat you all.

I was supposed to see him a couple of months ago.. in London with my dear Queenie.

Everything was booked and paid for. On the day of the gig I went to trainstation the to

get on my train to Brussels and catch the Eurostar to London there.

Well my train never showed.. which made me miss my Eurostar train (which you can't exchange the tickets of)

thus making me unable to get to London. I missed the gig, missed Queenie, lost a ton of money

(I had to save for this gig, being a poor student and all) and ofcourse, missed Russy.

Now stop complaining about being unlucky.

Oh Diana, that is terrible. You must have been gutted, I can't believe the train just didn't show :shocked: the rail company should have given you a full refund it's their responsibility to make sure the service runs! It's just awful how something like that can completely screw someone's plans :thumbdown:

I have just seen him in the movie Bedtime Stories and I can’t stop laughing!:roftl:

He must be the only man on earth who can wear anything like that and still keep his dignity in some mysterious way!:wub2:

Well to an extend anyway!:naughty:

haha I love that movie! he awesome in that one:roftl::wub2: