The "OMG I HEARD MIKA *insert place name*" thread.

babyblue

Just heard Mika some place and want to share your expeirence and excitement. Well this is the place.

Okay, so I noticed that we tend to get alot of threads along the lines of

"I heard Mika at my school dance"

"SITM played while I was shopping"

"Wow, they just played my request... yes relax"

etc..

So I thought, why not save forum space and incorporate these threads into one big one.

If you're brimming with excitment about just hearing a mika song in a place, expected or unexpected this is where you can let us know

If you just made a fool of yourself because Meeks came on the radio tell us here

If you just lost your voice singing along to mika we want to hear it.

Post away girls

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Love Today at work sometimes... and I sing along... One of the cashiers turns and smiles at me when she hears it and I'm there... I usually hear it before she turns though...

And everytime I go into my sister's work it comes on... I don't really listen to the radio so I don't hear it any other time...

Shopping on my holiday in Singapore in March, I was astounded to hear Grace Kelly playing in the shopping mall. We didn't even get the album till late June in Asia....

And once in a bookshop in Tokyo, I heard MIKA and it gave me goosebumps...THIS IS JAPAN for heavens sake, what makes them play MIKA??? They have millions of Japanese artists to play. All the more amazing!!:wub2:

i heard mika at younkers, american eagle, a shoe store in the mall of america (that had like 30 tvs so i was trying to watch everyone :bleh:), delia's, and i think that's it but it's still something!!!! :biggrin2:

unless you count commercials because he use to be the background music for mtv (love today) and love today was on the fire krazr commercial, and his album cover has been on the iphone and ipod touch commercials because they're so GORGEOUS!!! :wub2: yeah i think that's it so far :thumb_yello:

EDIT: AND THE CHUCK AND LARRY PREVIEW THINGY!!! and he was the background music for america's got talent with grace kelly and the background music for last comic standing with stuck in the middle :bleh: ok.. i'm pretty sure that's it

i. heard. mika. in. my. local. cinema!!!!! cinema hardly ever plays mika, well, mostly they play classical music, but to me, thats really ironic they play mika just before seing ratatouille, wouldve expected some french music playing:blink: :naughty:

and happy ending in TKmaxx when i was trying to find a red jumper :naughty:

GK on school bus, mom heard GK at work, mom heard LT in Giant tiger, Relax on radio (tech version), relax on radio once again, relax again, relax again, GK school dance, love today hills commercial...and probably more times but I'm old forgive me :bleh:

Too funny... I wasn't asking you to list where you heard MIka (unless you want to)... I'm talking personal andecdotes like the others gave, and like you gave in your hearing him at the disco stuff

Lists are good too though :wink2:

OMG, like I totally heard Mika, like on the TV tonight.. :blush-anim-cl::blink:

*cough, puts adult socks back on..*

MTV awards were on just before and Mika performed..

My brother was here and was being a typical bogan brother.. insulting my choice of music.. he youtubed Motorhead and turned it up loud to try and be annoying.. so I told him Motorhead are for has-beens..

although he played ace of spades and I like that song..:punk:

ANYWAY....

Mika was on my tv.. Looking mighty hot.. I'm still awaiting the magical powers I ordered that allow me to pull people through the TV set.. :mf_rosetinted:

(This was really just a BUMP.. cos it's Baby's thread)

Too funny... I wasn't asking you to list where you heard MIka (unless you want to)... I'm talking personal andecdotes like the others gave, and like you gave in your hearing him at the disco stuff

Lists are good too though :wink2:

did i do it wrong too? :bleh:

• 1 month later...

I seem to be hearing him everywhere; just a few days ago i was in a shopping mall with my friend, and suddenly i heard a VERY familiar tune, so i turned to my friend and said - "do you hear that?" and she said - "YES!!!!"

and we both started singing to Lollipop :DD