Mika bans Boyzone cover

lcmlcm

Im half on Mika's side and half Boyzone's cos of Ronan dont really like the other members never have my eyes were always on ronan my elder brother Barry 34 calls Ronan Roland rat or moaning ronan which is abit mean lol

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl:

on the other hand im pretty sure i know what rain on me is all about:roftl:

Golden rain? Water sports?

And we all know Eurobasket is a song about comparing Sainsbury's and Tescos, to Aldi and Lidl's. Eurobasket is so much cheaper that UK basket!

ahem..actually he collaborated with Eros Ramazzotti:naughty:

in this song

:puke:

:shocked: just kidding I hope?!?

and they say that Erase sucks :naughty: and what about this song?

but what did Mika do for this song exactly... the drawings? :roftl:

just tell me you're mocking me please :sneaky2: I can't believe it...

anyway...he's just human: everybody can make mistakes :wink2:

I was blown away at his performance on the Jools Holland show. :mf_lustslow:

ohmygod me too. EXCEPPPPPPPPPPT when he walks backwards for "so what have i got.." or something *I dont remember that video all too much since i found out how to get it on my ipod* he reminds me of

PUSS IN BOOTS

Im half on Mika's side and half Boyzone's cos of Ronan dont really like the other members never have my eyes were always on ronan my elder brother Barry 34 calls Ronan Roland rat or moaning ronan which is abit mean lol

My husband Alan always says...

Ronan sings best,

When he sings nothing at all!

I think Mika is the King of "get-that-song-stuck-and-you-can-never-get-it-out-of-your-head" songs.

I have been singing Eros Ramazzotti backing vocals all day. God help me.

I have turned into one huge lump of cheese:roftl:

This has got me worried! It could damage Mika's reputation and the respect he has from other artists.

If he wasn't using the song, and had made it available to other artists, I honestly don't see what the problem is. Boyzone are sure to still have a lot of fans and probably would have been number 1. I can understand, that Mika may have not liked their version of his song, but maybe he shouldn't have offered it to them in the first place.

I think it would have been great for Mika to have a song, sung by a major boy band (or whatever they are now) at number one. It would have been a big thing for him. Boyzone could write their own song, but i think it would have been an honour for them to do a Mika song. It shows they love his work and respect him as a songwriter. I am worried now, how this is going to look to people who are not Mika's fans.

I honestly don't understand why he gave them the song, and then took it back. I'm sorry, I love him, but I think he was wrong and he's given his critics plenty of ammunition to use against him.

Love today, from Marilyn

i somehow agree with you.hope mika knows what he's doing.

but what did Mika do for this song exactly... the drawings? :roftl:

just tell me you're mocking me please :sneaky2: I can't believe it...

i personally think

that he helped for the piano because it sounds like him

anyway the piano is beautiful on that song and it changes at 2"22 to be even more beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vRoIZXBUrQ&feature=related

Ohhh and I don't quite agree with what has been said about the slow songs in general. I sooo want Overrated on the second album. It won't happen, though... :(

i forgot about overrated, i love it and i like over my shoulder too, the piano, i sort of like like your sympathys demo but i hate the official verison with the fake voice

absolutely love "Overrated" - but do n o t want it on the album, more than that - do not want it "touched" anymore...

To me its perfection is in being "just one step away" from total cheesyness...it is beautiful, sticky, great and simple lyrics, but a slightly husky voice and plain piano add some touch of naivity, create a special mood and prevent it from falling into cliche'...dunno, IMO - "Produce" it a bit more, re - record vocals - and the magic is going to be ruined (and song wld go straight to Boyzone and co)...

Golden rain? Water sports?

And we all know Eurobasket is a song about comparing Sainsbury's and Tescos, to Aldi and Lidl's. Eurobasket is so much cheaper that UK basket!

but they dont have flapjacks :sad:

(s w e e t memories :wub2: )

absolutely love "Overrated" - but do n o t want it on the album, more than that - do not want it "touched" anymore...

To me its perfection is in being "just one step away" from total cheesyness...it is beautiful, sticky, great and simple lyrics, but a slightly husky voice and plain piano add some touch of naivity, create a special mood and prevent it from falling into cliche'...dunno, IMO - "Produce" it a bit more, re - record vocals - and the magic is going to be ruined (and song wld go straight to Boyzone and co)...

Hell, yes, untouched of course. Unjaded.

i personally think

that he helped for the piano because it sounds like him

anyway the piano is beautiful on that song and it changes at 2"22 to be even more beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vRoIZXBUrQ&feature=related

Yes, I noticed that too :thumb_yello:

Anyway, I didn't want to be offensive...I know lots of people like Eros Ramazzotti, it's just that he's not my ideal singer and I don't think he has grown up as an artist since he won at Sanremo ages ago.

I believe that Mister M's personality and voice stand out in the crowd (just to quote one of my favourite covers by Mika :wink2: ) more impressively :cool:

oh yeah, he's growing up don't worry

I guess "Alice" helped with the music composition while Mika with a touch of backing vocal:wink2:

OMG Greta you killed me there!! This deserves the "flapping-rolling-on-the-floor" smiley, but I can't be arsed to look for it now..

I think Mika is the King of "get-that-song-stuck-and-you-can-never-get-it-out-of-your-head" songs.

I have been singing Eros Ramazzotti backing vocals all day. God help me.

I have turned into one huge lump of cheese:roftl:

Oh oh BS! No hope for you then!:roftl:

I only listened to it once last night when I was tired, but the song didn't do much for me....I think that Eros has mellowed too much with age, and lost his "edge" with time...hmmm...I loved him many years ago, and find that material much more powerful

but they dont have flapjacks :sad:

(s w e e t memories :wub2: )

I TOTALLY agree KK! I also love Overrated, but I think that one of the reasons for it is that it's so "pure".

I fear that making it into a record would make it lose a lot of it magic...plus I kinda like the fact that most people don't know it:naughty: Only us the super die hard ones!

My husband Alan always says...

Ronan sings best,

When he sings nothing at all!

Oh that is hilarious!!:naughty: Poor Ronan....

I will hold my hand up for him though, I don't think he's that bad...I actually got his cd years ago and even though he's no great master, I still like his songs, he sings well enough and I love the Irish accent....Then again, I'm an absolute sucker for everything Irish, so I dobn't know how I'd feel about him if he were something else...

I live the irish accent my dad's side are irish and my mum's dad is french and her mum is scottish but I love Irish side best would love to visit dublin now I'm 18 but cant drink there yet as you have to be 21 and I only look 12/13 I get drunk too easy only takes 1 or 2 glasses of the sweetish champain or bubbly wine

we are probably not on the topic of this thread and i am probably way off but i dont really think this true because:

in live in cartoon motion mika said he doesnt write songs for money and i think that would fall under not writing songs for other people and i am pretty sure the sun is a tabloid magazine correct me if i am wrong lol

we are probably not on the topic of this thread and i am probably way off but i dont really think this true because:

in live in cartoon motion mika said he doesnt write songs for money and i think that would fall under not writing songs for other people and i am pretty sure the sun is a tabloid magazine correct me if i am wrong lol

It's true though...he was asked about it in

interview at 3:37

THE going is getting tough in the BOYZONE camp just two days after I revealed they are getting back together.

Their plans for a comeback single have been thrown into chaos by...MIKA.

RONAN KEATING, SHANE LYNCH, MIKEY GRAHAM, STEPHEN GATELY and KEITH DUFFY wanted to release a track written by the flamboyant singer for their big return.

Mika penned the song, called I Gave It All Away, for other acts to buy and release.

But after Boyzone recorded it the Grace Kelly star decided they were “too cheesy” — and BANNED their version.

An industry insider told me: “Mika wrote the song and made it available for other artists.

“Boyzone loved it. They thought it was perfect to launch their comeback so they recorded it and it sounded great — a certain No1.

“Just like the title of the track, Mika gave it all away. But then he took it back again.”

Boyzone — who had a No1 single with When The Going Gets Tough in 1999 — have been left gutted. A spokesman for the band said: “It’s a real shame because it’s an incredible song and we all loved it.”

I’ve heard the track and I think Mika is being a spoilsport for not allowing Ronan and Co to release it.

It sounds like a classic Boyzone song and surely it’s best it goes to an act who can do it justice.

It would have been a huge No1 for Boyzone and Mika’s decision has cost him a fortune.

I reckon the single could have made him £250,000.

Yet despite being hardly the most high-brow of artists himself, he simply does not want Boyzone performing his material.

A source close to Mika revealed: “He is keen to start writing for other pop artists as well as himself. But Boyzone isn’t really what he had in mind.

“He was hoping to work with some more interesting artists — Boyzone are a bit too cheesy.”

Before they split seven years ago the Boyz notched up six No1 singles and four chart-topping albums in the UK.

They will perform a medley of their hits for the BBC’s Children In Need telethon later this month.

They are yet to sign a new record deal but are thrashing out plans for a new album and tour, as well as the single.

Mika’s snub is a setback. But When All Is Said And Done, I’m sure the comeback will be a hit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article434019.ece

:boxed:

Well I say good on Mika!

He is probably very close to his music so maybe he doesn't want to record IGIAA himself but I bet he has a good idea of what he wants it to be like.

I wouldn't want some cheesy, generic, washed up boyband "cheesifying" my song... So much emotion and thought is put into Mika's songs,' this is evident in the ones he HAS recorded and to have people trample on it and (possibly) make it come across somewhat differently would be murder!

It was a brave move though :o

Go Mika!

I think Mika made a good desicion , because it's his rep on the line if everyone hates it...

and i think everyones right, they havta write their own songs. i mean come on, i don't think real bands have songs made for them and they just get to sing it, i say that's fake poop...:naughty:

I think Mika made a good desicion , because it's his rep on the line if everyone hates it...

and i think everyones right, they havta write their own songs. i mean come on, i don't think real bands have songs made for them and they just get to sing it, i say that's fake poop...:naughty:

AND I AGREE!

I don't think you can really give a song all the emotion that it deserves (ESPECCIALLY a Mika masterpiece) if you've just bought it off someone else.

Doesn't matter who you are, manufactured emotion is unreal, uncool and... *struggles to find another negative word beginning with Un*

UnGOOD!

Manufactured emotion is downright UNGOOD! :P

• 1 month later...
I think all this info is false! He did say BOYZONE recorded his song but he never let them have it like FmBm sid in his Norway interview he told what happened!

He let them recorded it but took it back:thumb_yello:I think:blink:

I am not sure what happened with this..only Mika knows for sure..but I think it is a brave move on his part because if he is keen to start writing for other artists, it is a good thing he is sticking to his guns and not letting the first band who gets ahold of his music to record it and make a mess of his writing or styles.

but that interview was rather odd...like he seemed really suprised that the British tabloids knew about it and he didn't want to talk about it, where normally he is so open about everything involving his music...hmMmmMMmm..