2007 - MIKA @ Manchester Apollo: 19 Nov -- REVIEWS!

Ruth

Thanks Vix... I will watch that now (I recognised you last night, with one thing and another I didn't get to speak, sorry!)

Well it's the ONLY one I've been to so far so had nothing to compare it to, but it sounds as if I picked a good one.....

No problem!

I'm really shy and didn't look around for anyone! :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe if I'd had a "few drinks" too I may have approached you!! :naughty:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there!

I'm just back from my friend's in Manchester and my review will be here SOON - just want to say that Mika absolutely blew me away last night - it was my first gig (yeah I know...why did I take so long??:blink: ) and although I obviously had high expectations, he totally surpassed them and then some! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Review soon!! But right now I need to eat!!

Hi, it was really nice meeting you last night!

No problem!

I'm really shy and didn't look around for anyone! :blush-anim-cl:

Maybe if I'd had a "few drinks" too I may have approached you!! :naughty:

:roftl: Yeah well I'd definitely had a few...but paced myself nicely, for a change, thank God!

I'm not normally shy after a few drinks but last night I was kind of overcome by everything, can't really explain! :bleh:

Hi, it was really nice meeting you last night!

Likewise!! Sorry it took me a while to realise who you were..I can only say, I was a little tipsy. Hmmm. But anyway!

And I didn't get to 'measure' Mika :sneaky2: - is it me or was he stooping a bit while he was signing?? Poor thing, he was freezing!

Likewise!! Sorry it took me a while to realise who you were..I can only say, I was a little tipsy. Hmmm. But anyway!

And I didn't get to 'measure' Mika :sneaky2: - is it me or was he stooping a bit while he was signing?? Poor thing, he was freezing!

He didn't seem that tall to me!

He was freezing? I'll bet he was warmer than we were!

He didn't seem that tall to me!

He was freezing? I'll bet he was warmer than we were!

I actually wasn't too bad, but my friend was really cold, I think if he's taken any longer coming out we would have had to go.

He was sweet though wasn't he. He really does look you straight in the eye when he talks to you! I thought that was lovely.

I actually wasn't too bad, but my friend was really cold, I think if he's taken any longer coming out we would have had to go.

He was sweet though wasn't he. He really does look you straight in the eye when he talks to you! I thought that was lovely.

He was really sweet! He looked me straight in the eye! I felt a little faint!

Have fun again!

Will try!

Will be a bit sad tonight as I'm going with my friend Jo and her little girl. Jo should have come with me lastnight but her dad died last week and she didn't feel she could go but her little girl (who's 7 on Saturday) really wants to go tonight so she's being brave.

I'm really hoping Mika does his usual trick of cheering her up though.

I doubt I'll have anything worth posting pictures/videos wise from tonight as we're sitting down but you never know!

Will try!

Will be a bit sad tonight as I'm going with my friend Jo and her little girl. Jo should have come with me lastnight but her dad died last week and she didn't feel she could go but her little girl (who's 7 on Saturday) really wants to go tonight so she's being brave.

I'm really hoping Mika does his usual trick of cheering her up though.

I doubt I'll have anything worth posting pictures/videos wise from tonight as we're sitting down but you never know!

He could cheer anyone up!

My friend Jane and I rolled up at the Apollo at about 5.45 and there wasn’t much of a queue,

I got there at around 5.45 and there was already quite a big queue

:lmao: i love those different perceptions!!

btw, this holy johnny guy is really lucky, on stage with mika already for the 2nd time!! - me wants too! :crybaby: :crybaby:

on the other hand, maybe when mika told him to come on stage last night he was like ":boxed: damn, queued for hours to get to front row and then have to leave front row after the 4th song AGAIN!! :sneaky2: " :lmao:

btw, this holy johnny guy is really lucky, on stage with mika already for the 2nd time!! - me wants too! :crybaby: :crybaby:

on the other hand, maybe when mika told him to come on stage last night he was like ":boxed: damn, queued for hours to get to front row and then have to leave front row after the 4th song AGAIN!! :sneaky2: " :lmao:

I would call it a big queue because I was hoping to be at the front!

Thanks Vix! I'm so glad you were able to get to the gig. Holy Johnny is awesome! Why isn't he on MFC? I hope he comes to London.

Mika came on at about 9.10 pm, and I knew what to expect from the zillions of Youtube things I have seen, but it’s true, nothing can compare with The Real Thing, and he was awesome.

I told you the Mika love would only get more intense AFTER the gig. So glad you had a great time and it was even better than imagined! :thumb_yello:

He went back to his front row posisiton after Holy Johnny but Mika pulled him up again for Lollipop.!!

He said that it was a really weird perspective being up on stage when the confetti cannons went off but that he'd enjoyed it!

Apparently, there had been a radio competition for 4 people to join Mika on stage in animal costumes for Lollipop so the stage was heaving with people and he said some randon person said " do you want to dance with me?".....so he did!! :naughty:

Thanks Vix! I'm so glad you were able to get to the gig. Holy Johnny is awesome! Why isn't he on MFC? I hope he comes to London.

I told you the Mika love would only get more intense AFTER the gig. So glad you had a great time and it was even better than imagined! :thumb_yello:

He is!!

His name on here is silver.lemons but he'd not been on much!

I would call it a big queue because I was hoping to be at the front!

i just think it was a funny example cause it happens all the time, for example also with the mika meetings, some people hear and see different things than others, it's all in the eye of the beholder. :wink2:

@vixen, damn, this guy is REALLY lucky!! :sneaky2:

:wub2::wub2: OMG, that's amazing. I think I'd start bawling or something stupid.

Well you know that thing where you think "he's looking at me" when you know he's not really.......he's just looking in your direction generally.......well this is one of those occasions when I KNOW he was actually looking at me!!

BTW I had to convert my video as it was too big to upload and I've just noticed it keeps stopping.....grrrrrrrrrrr.....sorry if it's annoying to watch.

I may try to convert it again and repost it another day.

Right, I have a chilli to make and then need to get ready for tonight!

Will be on again later.

Oh my God how AMAZING was Manchester! My first Mika gig! I won the May competition to see him but I wasn't available so this was my first! :D Anyway I have some amazing pics. most of which are available at http://www.myspace.com/vix_voodoo_wench and I'll pop them up here as soon as I work out how.

Oh btw I'm Sparkly1's daughter!

BumbleBee Vix

Oh my God how AMAZING was Manchester! My first Mika gig! I won the May competition to see him but I wasn't available so this was my first! :D Anyway I have some amazing pics. most of which are available at http://www.myspace.com/vix_voodoo_wench and I'll pop them up here as soon as I work out how.

Oh btw I'm Sparkly1's daughter!

BumbleBee Vix

Hello! We met last night!

Yes you were absolutely right! I knew you would be, of course :naughty:

Here's HMDYLM

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XAuLgSdgy-U

Just check out the look he gives me when he spots me singing along to the first chorus!!! :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Well you know that thing where you think "he's looking at me" when you know he's not really.......he's just looking in your direction generally.......well this is one of those occasions when I KNOW he was actually looking at me!!

:naughty: You'll probably think I'm imagining this too, but JUST before he turns and looks straight at you...he was looking straight at me! I was seriously the only person in that part of the audience who was singing along at that point and I made direct eye contact with him. I felt so proud!

I need to lie down now....:naughty:

Thanks for posting the video.