2007 - MIKA @ Manchester Apollo: 19 Nov -- REVIEWS!

Ruth

I admit though that you got a far far better 'look' than me vixen! Jealous? Me?

:mf_rosetinted:

I'm now eating my chilli whilst still on here!

What's wrong with me!!

Anyway, I don't doubt that he looked at you after all he must still be amazed that there are people in the crowd that know his totally new songs!

I have to say it was the point with his finger that got me! :wub2: :wub2:

However, I think he would have made more of the fact that we knew it if he wasn't trying to connect the song with the whole audience so much.

It's obvious from the amount of repetition of the chorus' that he's making sure everyone goes away from the gig remembering the new material.

he really pushed it home to the crowd. Did you notice how he made the fist towards Cherisse to get her to start a bass drum beat then signalled to Mikey to speed the sing up towards the end?

He was at his ringmasterish best last night!! :naughty:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with me!!

Anyway, I don't doubt that he looked at you after all he must still be amazed that there are people in the crowd that know his totally new songs!

However, I think he would have made more of the fact that we knew it if he wasn't trying to connect the song with the whole audience so much.

It's obvious from the amount of repetition of the chorus' that he's making sure everyone goes away from the gig remembering the new material.

he really pushed it home to the crowd. Did you notice how he made the fist towards Cherisse to get her to start a bass drum beat then signalled to Mikey to speed the sing up towards the end?

I love every second!

What's wrong with me!!

Yes the finger point at you was :wub2: How did you sleep last night??:roftl:

And I noticed the speed-up thing too. I still can't get over the way he totally owns that stage..incredible.

My friend said she liked the new songs - and she only likes a couple of LiCM songs. So they must have come across really well.

Oh my God how AMAZING was Manchester! My first Mika gig! I won the May competition to see him but I wasn't available so this was my first! :D Anyway I have some amazing pics. most of which are available at http://www.myspace.com/vix_voodoo_wench and I'll pop them up here as soon as I work out how.

Oh btw I'm Sparkly1's daughter!

BumbleBee Vix

Thanks and welcome to MFC !!!

Yes the finger point at you was :wub2: How did you sleep last night??:roftl:

And I noticed the speed-up thing too. I still can't get over the way he totally owns that stage..incredible.

My friend said she liked the new songs - and she only likes a couple of LiCM songs. So they must have come across really well.

I was a tad giddy! :mf_rosetinted:

Right, I'm really off now!

Oh my God how AMAZING was Manchester! My first Mika gig! I won the May competition to see him but I wasn't available so this was my first! :D Anyway I have some amazing pics. most of which are available at http://www.myspace.com/vix_voodoo_wench and I'll pop them up here as soon as I work out how.

Oh btw I'm Sparkly1's daughter!

BumbleBee Vix

Hi - I think I spoke to you outside the toilets :naughty: Only at a Mika gig would you approach a complete stranger dressed as a bumble bee :roftl: .

It was a great night.

Hi.

HI!

Hi Sarah_Lollipop, hi Vix, hi Gata, hi vixenbbw!

Well, how good was that?

I'm just loving the photos - it's very kind to let us see your MySpace Vix!

And the videos - wow! What is it about re-living the event? Won-der-ful.

I was buzzing when I went to bed and woke, fresh as a daisy, still buzzing this morning.

So, a couple of bits to add....

The security people could see my camera up in the circle, from in front of the stage and they mistook it (and me) for professionals :naughty:

They made their way past the sea of people recording on their mobiles and all the way up to me, taking me out to the stairs. They said - and I quote - your camera is better than everyone else's.

Well, honestly.

So they said to come to the office and I said no, Stuck in the Middle is just beginning. They laughed and said 'No, afterwards to get it back' and off they went.

At the end the security guy told his colleugue to get it - it was the only one confiscated - so aren't I the lucky one? And when I post my pictures tomorrow you will laugh and laugh comparing the stuff on my 'professional' one with the beauties from vix.

And the other thing. Well my friend from work was forced into waiting afterwards because I was driing. When Mika came along the security barrier she said sa-lakum (I heard it but it didn't register) Once she had him near she held his hand and gushed about how much she had enjoyed it and he said thankyou, then she carried on about her flashing heart and mimed the flashing (like miming a car's indicator - you know) he briefly did it back to her. At work she was re-telling it and she said that in Arabic culture that sign means 'you're the best' (Well she actually said you're da bomb, but I'm translating). Now I'd seen all this carry on but hadn't picked up on it. So, she is so chuffed with herself as you can imagine. She may have been the only muslim there and she had a wonderful time.

Hi.

HI!

Hi Sarah_Lollipop, hi Vix, hi Gata, hi vixenbbw!

Well, how good was that?

I'm just loving the photos - it's very kind to let us see your MySpace Vix!

And the videos - wow! What is it about re-living the event? Won-der-ful.

I was buzzing when I went to bed and woke, fresh as a daisy, still buzzing this morning.

So, a couple of bits to add....

The security people could see my camera up in the circle, from in front of the stage and they mistook it (and me) for professionals :naughty:

They made their way past the sea of people recording on their mobiles and all the way up to me, taking me out to the stairs. They said - and I quote - your camera is better than everyone else's.

Well, honestly.

So they said to come to the office and I said no, Stuck in the Middle is just beginning. They laughed and said 'No, afterwards to get it back' and off they went.

At the end the security guy told his colleugue to get it - it was the only one confiscated - so aren't I the lucky one? And when I post my pictures tomorrow you will laugh and laugh comparing the stuff on my 'professional' one with the beauties from vix.

And the other thing. Well my friend from work was forced into waiting afterwards because I was driing. When Mika came along the security barrier she said sa-lakum (I heard it but it didn't register) Once she had him near she held his hand and gushed about how much she had enjoyed it and he said thankyou, then she carried on about her flashing heart and mimed the flashing (like miming a car's indicator - you know) he briefly did it back to her. At work she was re-telling it and she said that in Arabic culture that sign means 'you're the best' (Well she actually said you're da bomb, but I'm translating). Now I'd seen all this carry on but hadn't picked up on it. So, she is so chuffed with herself as you can imagine. She may have been the only muslim there and she had a wonderful time.

Hi Ruth! It's was really great meeting you last night!

Oh Oh yes, I was also filmed briefly by Andy. I saw him walking past as we were being let in and I cried out 'Andy' like I knew him!

I amaze myself!

So the queue moved on and he asked me how much I was looking forward to seeing Mika. Tricky question eh? I pulled out my A4 Mika Fan Club card and waved it in front of the camera. That's it. Destined for the cutting room floor, but it was fun. The brightest lights burning to blind you.

And I gave Mika my treasured Micky Mouse articulated figure. I'd been holding it all the time we waited afterwards and it was the only chance I had of contact.

And Jerry was very insistant about no photos so that stunner of vix with him is a prize beyond diamonds.

And it's pouring down here tonight. We were so lucky last night, it actually snowed two or three flakes as we waited afterwards and then rained gently. It's wild tonight!

And it was dry for the queuing to get in, so no drowned rats.

And it's pouring down here tonight. We were so lucky last night, it actually snowed two or three flakes as we waited afterwards and then rained gently. It's wild tonight!

And it was dry for the queuing to get in, so no drowned rats.

Thats good - my hair looks like I have been dragged through a hedge

backwards in my pictures!!!! :blink:

Oh Oh yes, I was also filmed briefly by Andy. I saw him walking past as we were being let in and I cried out 'Andy' like I knew him!

I amaze myself!

So the queue moved on and he asked me how much I was looking forward to seeing Mika. Tricky question eh? I pulled out my A4 Mika Fan Club card and waved it in front of the camera. That's it. Destined for the cutting room floor, but it was fun. The brightest lights burning to blind you.

And I gave Mika my treasured Micky Mouse articulated figure. I'd been holding it all the time we waited afterwards and it was the only chance I had of contact.

And Jerry was very insistant about no photos so that stunner of vix with him is a prize beyond diamonds.

Hi Ruth , it was lovely to chat to you last night! Sorry I didn't say bye, after I'd got my stuff signed and looked into The Eyes, I was a bit starstruck and dazed and lost sight of you in the scrum...next thing I knew we were half way to Piccadilly! I don't remember walking there - maybe I floated :roftl:

That's a classic story about your friend and Mika!

Anyway I need to see these famous pics by Vix Bee....that can be tomorrow's little treat, I am jiggered from last night and need my bed now!

ruth, sorry to hear about the camera thing, those security guys are really stupid! what camera do you have?? :blink:

Madness! It's only a fuji finepix; it is chunky and black like an SLR, but the slim silver mini cameras do a better job from what I can see.

Some photos from Monday night. We were in the circle so not so close, but still had a fantastic night!

http://uclan.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21625&l=bcff0&id=652735879

Thanks so much for those photos. I'll get mine up by tonight. I was on the other side but of the circle.

I'm glad you had a fantastic night. So did I. So did everyone I went with.

:)