2007 - MIKA @ Manchester Apollo: 19 Nov -- REVIEWS!

Ruth

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a nice start of the day!

it should be like this 365 days a year!:wub2:

(poor mika)

thanks Ruth and Vixx you made me relive glasgow again...sigh!

the pics are great!

i have a video of holy johnny too, will upload it as soon as i can..he's such a lucky boy! on stage every gig! wow! :punk:

Hi guys.

There is only one world to desribe MIKA last night - absolutely AMAZING.:roftl: :roftl: Having seen him in MAnchester back in Feb thinking he was brilliant, the gig last night was in another league. Probably the BEST gig I've ever been to & MIKA's energy was fantastic. I'm Soooo glad I went again. Anyone going tongiht - you will have a FABULOUS time:punk:

Hi guys.

There is only one world to desribe MIKA last night - absolutely AMAZING.:roftl: :roftl: Having seen him in MAnchester back in Feb thinking he was brilliant, the gig last night was in another league. Probably the BEST gig I've ever been to & MIKA's energy was fantastic. I'm Soooo glad I went again. Anyone going tongiht - you will have a FABULOUS time:punk:

Helen?

'our' Helen?

HALLO!!!!!!!!

we had the most fantabulous oldling meet-up in glasgow....may i thank you for this?

you are our founder..............:blush-anim-cl:

hurray for Helen!

will you stay a while? or fade away again? :shocked:

Helen?

'our' Helen?

HALLO!!!!!!!!

we had the most fantabulous oldling meet-up in glasgow....may i thank you for this?

you are our founder..............:blush-anim-cl:

hurray for Helen!

will you stay a while? or fade away again? :shocked:

Yes Robertina 'tis me 'Our Helen':wink2: I'm still here & dip in to the forums now & again. How are you my dear?

Hi Helen! Great to see you and so glad you had a brilliant night!

No cameras? ARGHHHHH! I know they always say that but we normally get away with it don't we...what a bummer.

Great reviews and pics...thank you! Yes that one in the hoodie is great isn't it!

Holy Johnny is becoming a star!

Big girls are back...great...no big girls in Glasgow and no inflatable Big girl either...good to see them back

Hi there!

I'm just back from my friend's in Manchester and my review will be here SOON - just want to say that Mika absolutely blew me away last night - it was my first gig (yeah I know...why did I take so long??:blink: ) and although I obviously had high expectations, he totally surpassed them and then some! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Review soon!! But right now I need to eat!!

Hi there!

I'm just back from my friend's in Manchester and my review will be here SOON - just want to say that Mika absolutely blew me away last night - it was my first gig (yeah I know...why did I take so long??:blink: ) and although I obviously had high expectations, he totally surpassed them and then some! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Review soon!! But right now I need to eat!!

glad u had a good time, was thinking of you last nite:)

look 4ward to reading yr report!!!!

What a fantastic night! :shocked:

My friend Jane and I rolled up at the Apollo at about 5.45 and there wasn’t much of a queue, we were surprised! I eventually spotted Sarah Lollipop and her sister just in front of us (doh! I’m so slow) and at the front of the queue we spotted ‘Holy Johnny’ in all his finery, I think Sparkly1 and her daughter and also vixenbbw were there at the front too. Ruth walked past and noticed our hearts flashing away and we had a chat. How weird is it meeting these people in the flesh that you feel you already know!!?:bleh:

Anyway then I spotted The Cameraman – Andy? Do we know for sure yet? – he was filming people in the queue and he was about to walk straight past me but I accosted him with a cry of “Mika Fan Club!!!” and he proceeded to interview me (I still have that blinding light imprinted on my retina..), asking me about my cat ears, what I thought of Mika in relation to Amy Winehouse, and then we got talking about Morrissey and how I liken him to Mika in some ways – he told me he’s a big Smiths fan too so maybe just maybe I won’t end up on the cutting –room floor, although I had had a few *cough, lots of* drinks so…hmmm. Enough said!:naughty:

Anyway inside we were about 8 rows back from the front, on Martin’s side, great view. Palladium were good, very energetic, Peter the singer is sweet and the keyboard player just mad!

Mika came on at about 9.10 pm, and I knew what to expect from the zillions of Youtube things I have seen, but it’s true, nothing can compare with The Real Thing, and he was awesome. He was wearing my fave gold jacket, swapped to the blue shiny one later – just gorgeous. I concluded he looks younger and skinnier in real life.

Well his set just flew by – I think my faves were Relax, an extended SITM with lots of audience participation, and HMDYLM and Holy Johnny: I was the only person in our section of the crowd who knew the words and was singing along and Mika acknowledged this – he looked straight at me and smiled (swoon:blush-anim-cl: ). Lollipop was great, with the ticker tape and the balloons, and a bunny appeared up on the balcony at one point!

Waited at the stage door after – it had turned much colder and was raining a bit but after an hour and a half Mika emerged, in his patterned hoodie, saying he was freezing (“You people actually live here! It’s freezing!!”), he was really sweet and signed stuff but not many photos – his ‘people’ were glaring at anyone who had a camera basically.

Chatted to Ruth in the queue, she was lovely, and I could see other MFCers down the end of the queue…sorry I didn’t talk to you, I really didn’t want to lose my place in the queue as my friend was really cold and wanting to get off home. But I did say hi to Sparkly1 in the toilets, as you do!

I’m now in a kind of limbo half way between Cloud 9 and total depression. I don’t think any of you will need me to explain that feeling!

Can’t wait to go again, only wish I were going tonight, or to Donny. But I will be there next time round have no fear.

Rach

x

PS Forgot to say. My friend Jane was a total Mika sceptic before last night. She thought she was going to quite fancy Martin..but she confessed afterwards that she couldn't take her eyes off Mika for the whole time.:naughty: She says he is 'really charismatic and a great performer'. I think we have a convert!:biggrin2:

Awwww....Rach I am so happy for you!!! :biggrin2: I've waited patiently for your account of events.

Yeah!! You finally got to see Mika in the flesh and talk to him. I know exactly what you mean about the come down- trust me it does get easier with time!!:naughty:

And your Mika-Hating totally dispassionate friend has succumed to Mika's charm- please pass on my warmest welcome:thumb_yello:

Thanks Vix, Helen and Rach for your reports.

Brought back memories of Glasgow!! :wub2:

Nice to see you again Helen!! :thumb_yello:

I touched Holy Johnny's robes in Glasgow, he

was next to me when we were waiting for Mika

to come out!! :blush-anim-cl:

Go MFC - we are growing!!!! :biggrin2:

Hi! The gig was amazing! I got there at around 5.45 and there was already quite a big queue but I managed to get to the front. I met Gatagordinha, Ruth, Sparkly1 and Sonja before and after the concert.While I was in the queue, Mika's cameraman came round and did a few interviews and I managed to get a pic of him.(He has a funny look on his face!) Palladium came on around 8pm and were really good. Mika came on about 9.10 and was on top form. He was amazing!! During Love Today he took his shirt off and started to drum on a metal bin.(Highlight of the evening) :naughty: He sang two new songs, How much do you love me?, which is going to be on the next album and Holy Johnny. At the end he sang Lollipop and he was dressed in a crocodile costume and there was even a bunny on the balcony.

After the gig, we waited in the cold for around 90 minutes to meet Mika! (He was wearing a really cool hoodie!) I was second in the queue and he signed my LICM C.D! He was really polite and chatted with everyone! Unfortunately we were not allowed to get pics with him. I hope he comes back next year!

Hi! The gig was amazing! I got there at around 5.45 and there was already quite a big queue but I managed to get to the front. I met Gatagordinha, Ruth, Sparkly1 and Sonja before and after the concert.While I was in the queue, Mika's cameraman came round and did a few interviews and I managed to get a pic of him.(He has a funny look on his face!) Palladium came on around 8pm and were really good. Mika came on about 9.10 and was on top form. He was amazing!! During Love Today he took his shirt off and started to drum on a metal bin.(Highlight of the evening) :naughty: He sang two new songs, How much do you love me?, which is going to be on the next album and Holy Johnny. At the end he sang Lollipop and he was dressed in a crocodile costume and there was even a bunny on the balcony.

After the gig, we waited in the cold for around 90 minutes to meet Mika! (He was wearing a really cool hoodie!) I was second in the queue and he signed my LICM C.D! He was really polite and chatted with everyone! Unfortunately we were not allowed to get pics with him. I hope he comes back next year!

Thanks for your report - sounds like you had a great time :thumb_yello:

"he looked straight at me and smiled (swoon:blush-anim-cl: )"

Great memories...eh?

:blush-anim-cl: and :blush-anim-cl: again...

Thanks Vix, Helen and Rach for your reports.

Brought back memories of Glasgow!! :wub2:

Nice to see you again Helen!! :thumb_yello:

I touched Holy Johnny's robes in Glasgow, he

was next to me when we were waiting for Mika

to come out!! :blush-anim-cl:

Go MFC - we are growing!!!!

Yeah, he was there afterwards last night - I've got a couple of good pics of him (well one is of the back of his head but also has Mika on it :naughty: ) - I'll post later.

Thanks Vix... I will watch that now (I recognised you last night, with one thing and another I didn't get to speak, sorry!)

Hi guys.

Well it's the ONLY one I've been to so far so had nothing to compare it to, but it sounds as if I picked a good one.....