2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

The time was great ... the venue was crap :thumbdown:

Ah! A year ago. At least the queuing was inside and so was the meeting Mika afterwards.......

I was 'in trouble' at work for missing their Christmas fair. And I'm missing it again this year - to go to London!

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a superb pic.......how flippin close can you get!!!! lucky thing!!!

this is the gig where the girl standing behind me kept saying to her friends she was going to get to the front and she didn't care who she pushed out of the way to get there......she ended up causing problems with Ruth's friend :boxed: she was sooooo rude.....

That picture is brilliant. Oh, oh oh!!!!

My poor friend! She coped pretty well with the whole event, but we didn't convert her.

I believe she said something to Mika like 'well done'

Well done? :shocked: Good grief, she is the mistress of understatement!

Ah! A year ago. At least the queuing was inside and so was the meeting Mika afterwards.......

I was 'in trouble' at work for missing their Christmas fair. And I'm missing it again this year - to go to London!

Yes, the queuing and meeting inside was fantastic!!:wub2: I wish all winter gigs were like that :thumb_yello:

sigh...just a distant memory now..... that was the awesome INDOOR queueing gig :punk: where the security were awesome and took pics for us at the front n all sorts, where we all dressed up christmassy, where we handed over THE FANTBULOUS MIKA QUILT!!! th_MikafanclubquiltNewcastle27112007.jpg

It was the one and only EVER time that Andy came to ask me a question for the camera and I clammed up and shouted for Carmel lol.

The gig where Holy Johnny, Bumble bee Vix and co went in costume round the supermarket looking for chickens to give to Mika and could only find a jar of CHICKEN TONIGHT!! they offered it to Mika after the gig and he refused to accept it saying it would mean he was getting chicken tonight :naughty::naughty:

..... aye it was great I LOVED that gig.

Edited by sparkly1

That really is a great pic missy!!!

I could add lots of chickeny comments .... but i wont .. ahem

Feel free :mf_rosetinted:.

I tell you what andi, darkest Doncaster was scary, the streets were packed with clubbers, drunk hardly any clothes on even thought the weather was freezing and all looking for kebabs. :naughty:

Reminded me of my youth haha.

Yes but what did you say to him? Promise to tell me on Saturday :naughty:?

Sounds like a great concert after all. It's a pity that I wasn't there, only in my dreams (litteraly) :naughty:.

Doncaster was a bit weird, yes, the venue kinda crappy as a gym type thing, but Niki, Droopsy and I had the fantastic front row center position, so that was quite all right :naughty:.

This was the gig when DaMastah suddenly jumped from the stage into the pit, and while I was looking down fumbling with my camera (as I saw a good close-up-pic-photo opportunity) suddenly I felt a tug on my arm, and next thing I know I see Mika right in front of me, standing on the barrier.

It turns out he was using my arm to pull himself onto the barrier, nearly giving me a heart attack in the process (I wasn't expecting it

Then, suddenly, I noticed that as he was leaning towards us, the audience, my hand had landed on his (very sweaty) stomach, and I pulled it away in horror at the realisation of my fangurl moment :blush-anim-cl::roftl:.

This was the pic that I took of that moment:

l_4b26e8fab537929d32715a8a88ca0c38.jpg

Jesus Holy Christ:shocked:

I am surprised that you ever recovered!:naughty:

ANOTHER gig that I didn't realise you were at! I really aren't sure how we managed to avoid each other for so long:naughty:

Jesus Holy Christ:shocked:

I am surprised that you ever recovered!:naughty:

ANOTHER gig that I didn't realise you were at! I really aren't sure how we managed to avoid each other for so long:naughty:

Yes, it took me a while to get over it :roftl:. The surprise element just killed me, as I wasn't looking at him and I was NOT expecting to find him on top of me :mf_lustslow:.

Kath, I honestly don't know how we did manage to avoid meeting for sooo long, because considering the amount of gigs that we both went to, and how many "common" ones there were where we both were there (check my sig), it really defies logic :boxed:.

Yes, it took me a while to get over it :roftl:. The surprise element just killed me, as I wasn't looking at him and I was NOT expecting to find him on top of me :mf_lustslow:.

Kath, I honestly don't know how we did manage to avoid meeting for sooo long, because considering the amount of gigs that we both went to, and how many "common" ones there were where we both were there (check my sig), it really defies logic :boxed:.

It happened to us too !!! glasgow , doncaster , London :shocked::roftl: ... And then we finally meet properly in Madrid , and have drinkies , another bloody country !!?? :roftl::roftl:

It happened to us too !!! glasgow , doncaster , London :shocked::roftl: ... And then we finally meet properly in Madrid , and have drinkies , another bloody country !!?? :roftl::roftl:

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!! So true!! Ah, but it was so lovely when it did happen, Madrid was great :wub2:

And it was also another country when Kath and I met properly too, it looks like it's a foreign thing, lol!

But I shall see you guys again on Sat now!! :punk:

It happened to us too !!! glasgow , doncaster , London :shocked::roftl: ... And then we finally meet properly in Madrid , and have drinkies , another bloody country !!?? :roftl:

You guys are funny, how do you do it?:naughty:

You are living in the same country after all!:roftl:

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!! So true!! Ah, but it was so lovely when it did happen, Madrid was great :wub2:

And it was also another country when Kath and I met properly too, it looks like it's a foreign thing, lol!

But I shall see you guys again on Sat now!! :punk:

The Main thing that defies all logic is how on earth someone could miss a person in green and white stripey stockings and an elf hat !! :naughty::roftl:

Madrid was AMAZINGGGGGGG , well worth the wait to meet hun !! :wub2:

YEAHHHHHHH , cant wait for the weekend !!! ... well have a blast !! really looking forward to seeing all you guys again !!! and the best thing ?? ... No queing !!!! :punk::roftl:

You guys are funny, how do you do it?:naughty:

You are living in the same country after all!:roftl:

I really dont know !!! :shocked::roftl: ... its so strange Huh ? :naughty: I think it maybe because the majority maybe go to the british gigs ? and its harder to meet everyone .... well i can understand not seeing sari in glasgow and london but doncaster ? and an elf ?? :roftl:

Its ok , i didnt see kath at newcastle either :blink: LOL!

The Main thing that defies all logic is how on earth someone could miss a person in green and white stripey stockings and an elf hat !! :naughty::roftl:

Madrid was AMAZINGGGGGGG , well worth the wait to meet hun !! :wub2:

YEAHHHHHHH , cant wait for the weekend !!! ... well have a blast !! really looking forward to seeing all you guys again !!! and the best thing ?? ... No queing !!!! :punk::roftl:

The funny thing is, now looking at my Doncaster pics, I can see you!! hahaha!!

Right behind us :roftl:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=220526208&albumID=637892&imageID=5813238

This one is one of my favs of that night:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=220526208&albumID=637892&imageID=5813937

:lmfao: omg who the hell was i looking at !! :roftl:

That mika pic is niceeeee !!! you got some good pics hun !! :thumb_yello:

:lmfao: omg who the hell was i looking at !! :roftl:

That mika pic is niceeeee !!! you got some good pics hun !!

I have no idea, but you did look quite...erm...."intense" :roftl:

Btw, as we're at it, you do realise that I also have you on video? :fisch:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tv2WaBEm4I

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1ah9lt74k

:mf_lustslow::roftl::roftl:

I have no idea, but you did look quite...erm...."intense" :roftl

Btw, as we're at it, you do realise that I also have you on video? :fisch

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tv2WaBEm4I

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1ah9lt74k

:mf_lustslow::roftl::roftl

:lmao:...... :roftl: I bet its gonna be a re-run of that weekend this weekend !!!! :roftl:

I have that video too , this one is summers !! :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qY-raDLQUAs

• 11 months later...
I disliked this gig (sorry Donny is short for Doncaster) was my worst one out of all the Mika gigs Ive seen .. maybe Im just getting picky:naughty:

:teehee: I remember that at the time I felt the same. I didn't dislike it, it just didn't have the same vibe as the other gigs I went to. But now I'm able to put it in perspective and I was so lucky that day/night that I can't honestly dislike this gig :wub2: