2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today at this time, exactly 1 year ago, myself, Bexxy and Sandi began to undertake what, to me, was the most nervewracking (to begin with) drive of my life!

We had arranged with Andy the night before, to bring him with us to Doncaster (at one stage during the conversation it was suggested we might have another passenger, but thankfully, for my nerves, that didn't happen), so he was at our hotel at 9.30am, and got us to dress in our costumes, yes I drove to Donny dressed as a penguin!

The rest is already documented here.

Even now,a year on, I still can't get my head around why it happened. In the end, once we got going and I settled into it, I enjoyed it immensely, but I still don't understand the whole saga of filming me in a silly costume!

Guess I'll never know!

The build up to the show was fun, all of us dressed up in Christmas costumes. I changed into a Snowman when we got there. In the queue, we met the young lady who made the MFC quilt, who came with her mum. The quilt later had pride of place on the stage round Cherisses drum kit, it looked fantastic.

Mikas hair that night to me looked gorgeous, but the curlylocks fans didn't seem to like it, and he hadn't curled it.

This was the night also where Andy used his powers of persuasion on me again to go to Newcastle. I don't know why they wanted me there, but found myself agreeing to go, again.

I'm so weak! LOL!

Everyone of your journeys is epic!:naughty:

Have you got a new van these days

Donny was strange for me , the venue was iffy it just didnt have that spark , then newcastle blew everything else away :wub2:

This gig was hilarious... and it was the crappiest venue EVER :roftl:

I thought the stage was about to collapse during Palladium's performance, M's piano got stuck, he tripped a few times because the stage was so tiny and there were so many cables everywhere... a disaster :naughty: But it was very funny, I enjoyed it :wink2:

Oh and I'm sorry Rose but I really hated Mika's hair that night, he had this weird flat fringe that looked too weird for me ;)

This gig was hilarious... and it was the crappiest venue EVER :roftl:

I thought the stage was about to collapse during Palladium's performance, M's piano got stuck, he tripped a few times because the stage was so tiny and there were so many cables everywhere... a disaster :naughty: But it was very funny, I enjoyed it :wink2:

Oh and I'm sorry Rose but I really hated Mika's hair that night, he had this weird flat fringe that looked too weird for me ;)

Yeh it was an old school gym or something!

I remember the most miserable people EVER being around me , complaining about my santa bobble wacking off their faces ... then she pushed her daughter in front of me so she could be nearer and then the kid collapsed!!!

Very strange times

Overall a very wacky gig :blink:

I remember the most miserable people EVER being around me , complaining about my santa bobble wacking off their faces ... then she pushed her daughter in front of me so she could be nearer and then the kid collapsed!!!

Very strange times

Some moose twanged my bra strap .... its a good job there were kids around , shed have been sorry :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::wink2:

Today at this time, exactly 1 year ago, myself, Bexxy and Sandi began to undertake what, to me, was the most nervewracking (to begin with) drive of my life!

We had arranged with Andy the night before, to bring him with us to Doncaster (at one stage during the conversation it was suggested we might have another passenger, but thankfully, for my nerves, that didn't happen), so he was at our hotel at 9.30am, and got us to dress in our costumes, yes I drove to Donny dressed as a penguin!

The rest is already documented here.

Even now,a year on, I still can't get my head around why it happened. In the end, once we got going and I settled into it, I enjoyed it immensely, but I still don't understand the whole saga of filming me in a silly costume!

Guess I'll never know!

The build up to the show was fun, all of us dressed up in Christmas costumes. I changed into a Snowman when we got there. In the queue, we met the young lady who made the MFC quilt, who came with her mum. The quilt later had pride of place on the stage round Cherisses drum kit, it looked fantastic.

Mikas hair that night to me looked gorgeous, but the curlylocks fans didn't seem to like it, and he hadn't curled it.

This was the night also where Andy used his powers of persuasion on me again to go to Newcastle. I don't know why they wanted me there, but found myself agreeing to go, again.

I'm so weak! LOL!

I bet it didn't take that much persuation :wink2:.

Very strange times

So I did dream about Doncaster :shocked:.

Some moose twanged my bra strap .... its a good job there were kids around , shed have been sorry :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::wink2:

:roftl:

This was the first "angsty" Mika gig , the spirit wasnt there , I was sick of being surrounded by miserable people :thumbdown:

Hey your hat is wacking in my face , can you get down I cant see , can my daughter get in front of you , hey hey .. man!!!!

Where Newcastle everyone was just bouncing , no hassle loving the gig / a 10000% times better :punk:

I bet it didn't take that much persuation :wink2:.

So I did dream about Doncaster :shocked:.

Funnily, it did take a bit of persuading.

He asked before the gig, and during the gig and it wasn't until after that I decided to go.

And then I thought I'd missed my chance to tell him I would, when he flew across the car park, so I waved him down and told him I'd be there, so he said my name would go on the list.

Yeah we had some weird people near us too.........arguing....all very odd.........all very un Mikagigish:shocked:

I just found it odd because I was used to taking my kids to that venue to swim, ice skate etc....it seemed VERY odd to see Mika there........in a gym:shocked:However..............I have to say that I don't actually remember Mika's hair looking different but come to think of it, in the 'after pics' it is straight.

This was also the one where a couple of us sort of ended up (quite by chance:naughty:) in a sort of stalkerish position of watching Mika from outside..........through a large window...........whilst he was just walking around from room to room, getting his coat etc...............I felt somewhat guilty but strangly, I couldn't drag myself away!:naughty:

Rose.............I can't believe it is a year:shocked: Thanks for the write up:thumb_yello:

Yeah we had some weird people near us too.........arguing....all very odd.........all very un Mikagigish:shocked:

I just found it odd because I was used to taking my kids to that venue to swim, ice skate etc....it seemed VERY odd to see Mika there........in a gym:shocked:However..............I have to say that I don't actually remember Mika's hair looking different but come to think of it, in the 'after pics' it is straight.

This was also the one where a couple of us sort of ended up (quite by chance:naughty:) in a sort of stalkerish position of watching Mika from outside..........through a large window...........whilst he was just walking around from room to room, getting his coat etc...............I felt somewhat guilty but strangly, I couldn't drag myself away!:naughty:

Rose.............I can't believe it is a year. Thanks for the write up:thumb_yello:

That's completely understandable :naughty:! He could have closed the curtains if he was affended by it :wink2:.

That's completely understandable :naughty:! He could have closed the curtains if he was affended by it :wink2:.

Well...............in theory.................but he didn't actually know we were there......it was very dark..............that is why I felt like a stalker:naughty:

Now you are making me curious! What did she say? :wink2:

You will have to ask her on Saturday night!:naughty:

Doncaster was a bit weird, yes, the venue kinda crappy as a gym type thing, but Niki, Droopsy and I had the fantastic front row center position, so that was quite all right :naughty:.

This was the gig when DaMastah suddenly jumped from the stage into the pit, and while I was looking down fumbling with my camera (as I saw a good close-up-pic-photo opportunity) suddenly I felt a tug on my arm, and next thing I know I see Mika right in front of me, standing on the barrier.

It turns out he was using my arm to pull himself onto the barrier, nearly giving me a heart attack in the process (I wasn't expecting it :roftl:)

Then, suddenly, I noticed that as he was leaning towards us, the audience, my hand had landed on his (very sweaty) stomach, and I pulled it away in horror at the realisation of my fangurl moment :blush-anim-cl::roftl:.

This was the pic that I took of that moment:

l_4b26e8fab537929d32715a8a88ca0c38.jpg

Doncaster was a bit weird, yes, the venue kinda crappy as a gym type thing, but Niki, Droopsy and I had the fantastic front row center position, so that was quite all right :naughty:.

This was the gig when DaMastah suddenly jumped from the stage into the pit, and while I was looking down fumbling with my camera (as I saw a good close-up-pic-photo opportunity) suddenly I felt a tug on my arm, and next thing I know I see Mika right in front of me, standing on the barrier.

It turns out he was using my arm to pull himself onto the barrier, nearly giving me a heart attack in the process (I wasn't expecting it :roftl:)

Then, suddenly, I noticed that as he was leaning towards us, the audience, my hand had landed on his (very sweaty) stomach, and I pulled it away in horror at the realisation of my fangurl moment :blush-anim-cl::roftl:.

that is a superb pic.......how flippin close can you get!!!! lucky thing!!!

this is the gig where the girl standing behind me kept saying to her friends she was going to get to the front and she didn't care who she pushed out of the way to get there......she ended up causing problems with Ruth's friend :boxed: she was sooooo rude.....

it was also the gig of confetti..of a different nature.....wonder if it's still there????:roftl:

That really is a great pic missy!!!

I could add lots of chickeny comments .... but i wont .. ahem

this is the gig where the girl standing behind me kept saying to her friends she was going to get to the front and she didn't care who she pushed out of the way to get there......she ended up causing problems with Ruth's friend :boxed: she was sooooo rude.....

it was also the gig of confetti..of a different nature.....wonder if it's still there????:roftl:

Well everytime I used the bag that I had that night bits kept dropping out. I was finding them all over. Sometimes a bit embarassing! :lmfao:

I wonder if the cleaner found all the bits that were so lovingly hidden around the room. They may still be there.:naughty:

Well everytime I used the bag that I had that night bits kept dropping out. I was finding them all over. Sometimes a bit embarassing! :lmfao:

I wonder if the cleaner found all the bits that were so lovingly hidden around the room. They may still be there.:naughty:

there were some strategically placed pieces around the ceiling if I remember correctly....:roftl:

I also wanted to say a huge thanks to Babs and Rose....without whom we would have gone hungry that night.......so thankyou:wub2:

there were some strategically placed pieces around the ceiling if I remember correctly....:roftl:

I also wanted to say a huge thanks to Babs and Rose....without whom we would have gone hungry that night.......so thankyou:wub2:

I tell you what andi, darkest Doncaster was scary, the streets were packed with clubbers, drunk hardly any clothes on even thought the weather was freezing and all looking for kebabs. :naughty:

Reminded me of my youth haha.

I tell you what andi, darkest Doncaster was scary, the streets were packed with clubbers, drunk hardly any clothes on even thought the weather was freezing and all looking for kebabs. :naughty:

:roftl::roftl: :roftl:

I remember walking into KFC, dressed as a snowman,and the staff never batted an eyelid!

VERY surreal.

Never did see a certain car.....

LOL!

Yes, it was funny but very unexpected so it caught me totally off guard when I realised that he was on top of me :roftl:. Niki still complains that I screamed like there was no tomorrow and it hurt her ears.

Ok, what's all this about the confetti? I missed it :naughty:

Wow, another thing that I missed