which song would you like to see mika covering?

rockinbabzz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probably has been a thread like this before, but it's just fun to think about.

for me, apart from the obvious queen songs, i cherrish the secret wish of ever hearing mika sing a song by the darkness :blush-anim-cl: i'm thinking friday night, or girlfriend :wub2:

My favourite song NOW, is 'Love Today', but before I heard that, my favourite song was always 'The Sound Of Silence', by Simon and Garfunkle. It's a lovely song, a folk song really, but I'd love to hear Mika sing it. He could sing it so well with his melodious voice.

In case you don't know it. It's the song that's played at the end of the movie 'The Graduate', when Dustin Hoffman and Katharine Ross are riding off on the bus together, after he has stopped the wedding.

LOve today, from Marilyn

My favourite song NOW, is 'Love Today', but before I heard that, my favourite song was always 'The Sound Of Silence', by Simon and Garfunkle. It's a lovely song, a folk song really, but I'd love to hear Mika sing it. He could sing it so well with his melodious voice.

In case you don't know it. It's the song that's played at the end of the movie 'The Graduate', when Dustin Hoffman and Katharine Ross are riding off on the bus together, after he has stopped the wedding.

LOve today, from Marilyn

Funny, "The Graduate" is one of my all-time favorite movies;

2nd favorite might just be "The Big Chill."

At this moment I'm listening to Nightfever on the radio.

Wouldn't it be great if Mika did a song by the Gibb brothers? Personally I prefer Stayin' Alive or Tragedy. Or maybe How Deep Is Your Love - on the piano. :blush-anim-cl:

I just love the 70s... :wink2:

[Edit] Now I'm listening to Radar Love by the Golden Earring. A while ago I decided this is a song I would love to hear as a cover especially by the band... It contains quite a few very very nice drum and guitar parts. :thumb_yello:

I would die if he covered a Queen song, but I know he'll never do it, because he hates the comparisons to Freddie and what not, but if he did cover a Queen song it would prove he's got nerve:wink2:

I'm not sure Mika dislikes the comparisons so much--

just, maybe, being asked about it so often.

MIKA is, after all, his own person!

Anyway I found two Mika "slideshows" with music from QUEEN!

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdGcwUbVGIs

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lUPGSEyVA

I GET ALL EMO WHEN I LISTEN, ESPECIALLY TO THE 2nd ONE.

for me, apart from the obvious queen songs, i cherrish the secret wish of ever hearing mika sing a song by the darkness :blush-anim-cl: i'm thinking friday night, or girlfriend :wub2:

I've said the same thing so many times. I just want to hear it. Maybe if we post it enough, it'll happen, we all know how much Mika rips off his fans on here.

Oh yeah, by the way, that last part was a joke. :wink2:

I would die if he covered a Queen song, but I know he'll never do it, because he hates the comparisons to Freddie and what not, but if he did cover a Queen song it would prove he's got nerve:wink2:

Yeah, I agree. I think it'll be awhile before he does that. I figure he wants to establish himself and get away from the comparison. If he does a cover like that, think of how many more he'll get. Plus, we all know how he groaned when he had to Killer Queen on Taratata. I think he messed up the words on purpose, personally, to get out of it. :wink2::roftl:Though, I thought it was very good.

Yeah, I agree. I think it'll be awhile before he does that. I figure he wants to establish himself and get away from the comparison. If he does a cover like that, think of how many more he'll get. Plus, we all know how he groaned when he had to Killer Queen on Taratata. I think he messed up the words on purpose, personally, to get out of it. :wink2::roftl:Though, I thought it was very good.

I think the same as you. About the Queen and Taratata thing....

...it depends if we are talking about live covers or re-recordings.

As for singing live, I would pay any amount of money to hear him sing Queen songs with 'Queen' at any big (probably charity) concert .......

whilst for re-recording them, I don't think, it would be wise.

However, I have one more secret hope.:blush-anim-cl: In my dreams Brian, Roger and JOHN invite him to create just one song in the studio while they send Paul Rodgers to the Bahamas with his beautiful wife....:naughty:

As for singing live, I would pay any amount of money to hear him sing Queen songs with 'Queen' at any big (probably charity) concert .......

However, I have one more secret hope.:blush-anim-cl: In my dreams Brian, Roger and JOHN invite him to create just one song in the studio while they send Paul Rodgers to the Bahamas with his beautiful wife....:naughty:

Amen to that!:naughty:

not sure...too obvious... but if he does cover one, I want a song that rocks like Stone Cold Crazy :punk:

or even better: Lap of the Gods (reprise) ... it would be so great to here that one from him - perhaps at a concert for the 20th anniversary Freddie's death...etc.:blush-anim-cl:

Oh yes I mentioned to someone a while ago that he should sing "In the Lap of the Gods (reprise)"

I would die:wub2:

I was just listening to the Darkness the other day! haha. That would be pretty awesome if he sang one of their songs:punk:

I would LOVE him to sing Fariy Queen and Nevermore with his beatiful voice , quite diff to his usual songs so would be really interesting to see how he sang them

and

Get down make love, he'd be awesome at that:wub2: !

both by Queen:bleh:

&don't forget the appropriate outfit!:glasses3:

i offer myself as a volunteer to make him the pink/white striped catsuit :naughty:

omg, thinking about this just makes me feel in love :wub2: i think 'friday night' would really suit his voice. if i ever meet him again i'm going to ask him how he likes this idea :biggrin2:

Yeah, you're right!!! :biggrin2: I agree!!!

And we are talking about covers... but I think Mika would do better creating his own songs cause they are brilliant!!!!