2007 - Mika @ Carling Academy, Newcastle, 26 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Thanks for all the reports and photos, by all accounts Newcastle officially rocked :biggrin2:

On the photos/hogging Mika thing: when I went to Manchester last week I actually felt quite intimidated in the signing queue; people were shoving to try and get to Mika and although I was near the front I felt squeezed out. Although I had no intention of having my pic taken with him (because when security/mika was saying NO PICS guess what, I believed them! Stupid me) I was determimed to have my stuff signed and say Thanks to Mika at the very least because this was my first and only gig this year. So I had to be a little pushy (not like me at all) just to get my little two penneth in. Then I stood back and let others go.

Plenty of people who are still big fans will only get to one or two gigs and I do think it's important not to hog the Mikster. :naughty:

However...if he wants to chat to you, then so be it. Some are just luckier, or more active fans, than others..but we all love him and need to share if possible!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's pointless having a different opinion in here, when will I ever learn :doh: Yes, I was just being jealous of course, I badly want 20 more pics and a kiss and possibly a shag...or two - I shall be in front tonight :yay:

oh Kata I love you, your tell it how it is just freakin' cracks me up no end :naughty:

I think if were allowed to take pics...just not pics with him the best we can do to help each other out is make sure everyone takes photos of Mika talking to each person or even hugging them or whatever. Then just share them on here when we get back. That's just as good as a posed picture in my opinion....

yes I agree that would and could be helpful for everyone, it always feels really awkward for me to ask things of him, I just feel really cheeky and like I have no right to ask anything of him, but I am like that in general anyway it's not just cos he is Mika.

yes I agree that would and could be helpful for everyone, it always feels really awkward for me to ask things of him, I just feel really cheeky and like I have no right to ask anything of him, but I am like that in general anyway it's not just cos he is Mika.

I know exactly what you mean :naughty:

When he was stood there in front of me and I had the chance to say something....I opened my gob and..nothing.

I suddenly realised, I don't actually know you Mika, so what exactly do I say to you??:blink: And do you care? No, not really :naughty:

I know exactly what you mean :naughty:

When he was stood there in front of me and I had the chance to say something....I opened my gob and..nothing.

I suddenly realised, I don't actually know you Mika, so what exactly do I say to you??:blink: And do you care? No, not really :naughty:

not alot:mf_rosetinted:

great idea by jennie about other fans taking pics when yr talking, wish id thought of that ealier really:blink: i may have to ask some kind ppl do try that on the 4th, cos i still haven a me and mika pic:boxed:

great idea by jennie about other fans taking pics when yr talking, wish id thought of that ealier really:blink: i may have to ask some kind ppl do try that on the 4th, cos i still haven a me and mika pic:boxed:

It is definitely a good idea and the photos look so much more natural when not posed anyway.

As long as Mika is okay with it (but Security can s*d off, they are always such miserable gits!!!!)

What I don't understand is why some people want more than one Mika signature (or any person's signature for that matter). Could someone explain to me? haha

I already had his signature on a copy of the poster i gave him in Hong Kong, but at Birmingham i wanted him to sign on the T-Shirt i made and wore at Hong kong... simply because i want to frame it up as well. I don't think i'll ask another signature for myself after this but i would for friends who never had the chance to meet him :bleh: glad i asked for another signature cause otherwise i wouldn't know what happened to the poster i gave him in Hong Kong ... :)

not taking it seriously at all... its all good.. just dont want people to be mad... esp not about smething like taking a pic with mika

oh and i dont NEED a pic with him...its just a nice memory from the day.... like i take pictures with anyone ellse...

completely understand.. especially after traveling so far for it and had one for each gig.. my opinion is that it's fine to have more than one photo if the situation permits and if you're not pushing in or fight for it or undercut someone else or..etc you get the gist:wink2:

Hey, everybody's different. I'm sure there are some

people who would want to know why a person

would want to go to more than one gig by the same performer, especially

several nights in a row, or several nights close together. That's

kind of odd behavior too, when you stop to think of it

I think quibbling over whether it's appropriate to get more than one

autograph or more than one photo is a bit pointless, and

needlessly judgemental. I mean, if you use

the logic that someone who gets more than one pic/autograph is

taking something away from someone who doesn't have any, you

could apply that to tickets to the shows. These Mika shows are

sold out, so if you're buying tickets to a show and you've already seen

him, seen him multiple times even, then theoretically you could be

taking a ticket away from

someone else who's never seen him before because there are no tickets

left for them to buy.

Love how you make sense Deb :thumb_yello:

I think if were allowed to take pics...just not pics with him the best we can do to help each other out is make sure everyone takes photos of Mika talking to each person or even hugging them or whatever. Then just share them on here when we get back. That's just as good as a posed picture in my opinion....

What a brilliant idea!!!

After what Mika said to me outside , none of you have ANY chance

I always knew he liked me

Oooh.. lucky you Fred!!

Yeh agree ...... I could of been at the front for example but moved back a few rows so some smaller people could have a better view , we had this discussion actually kata .. I mean how many signatures do we want in the end ?

For me it was special as its the first time we have chatted on a "i know you basis"

He knows you alright.. i have that caught on camera!!:biggrin2:

The now famous inflatable lollipops!!

xx

thSPM_A0238.jpg[/img]

SWEET!!!!

Your so right with this comment .. sorry Ive been catching up , I feel the same .. example .. a small child was behind me all she wanted was an autograph , she wasnt interested in huge conversations and I had to get her and as knowing andi etc in front of me get her infront .......

I think we need to spread the love .. especially as he knows some of us he will spend more time with them people , it would be nice if he got to know everyone

I just feel we all are in in together and should act like a "tea" of thats the right word for it and look after each other

Well said my friend :thumb_yello:

Oh Tia.. and you have been to how many gigs??:shocked: if i''m there i'll take one for ya..:wink2:

Oh Tia.. and you have been to how many gigs??:shocked: if i''m there i'll take one for ya..:wink2:

i know, in may i couldn ask cos i was starstuck Lol (how sad is that) and this time round we couldn oh yeah and there is that time he never turned up!!

thx hun, i would really like one, but its not the end of the world if i dont, i know iv been lucky to meet him so we shall see:bleh:

i know, in may i couldn ask cos i was starstuck Lol (how sad is that) and this time round we couldn oh yeah and there is that time he never turned up!!

thx hun, i would really like one, but its not the end of the world if i dont, i know iv been lucky to meet him so we shall see:bleh:

Why didn't you ask for one at Birmingham.. on the 22nd, when were all queing to see him.. he seemed relaxed then..

I know exactly what you mean

ditto :crybaby: I felt like a total idiot when he looked at me as it was my turn so to speak and I didn't "need" another sig, and he said "Hi how are you" and looked for something to sign , saw nothing and moved along to my gob open yet silent face (dam and blast me lol).it's quite sad isn't it cos we WANT to know him but know we can't really and I do hear voices in my head (oh yes the womans MAD MAD MAD MAD) well ok it's just my inner voice telling me that I must look ridiculous to him and at MY age I should be at home knittiing or something (OMG did I just say KNITTING!!! :blink: I don't knit...but I CAN however sew rather well). :wink2: anyway knitting is soo last season it's SEWING all the way now you know, so much more versatility :naughty:

Why didn't you ask for one at Birmingham.. on the 22nd, when were all queing to see him.. he seemed relaxed then..

hehe cos i was scared he'd say no:boxed:

i realllly wanted to but i couldnt:naughty:

Thanx for the amazing stories and pics! MFC rocks!

About the zipper thing: In Stockholm Mika's zipper went down few times on the stage. I was too close to see that. :naughty: Maybe he had the same problem again. :wink2:

But then there would still be something grey not? :wink2:

me neither.. and I can't go to london but GOOD LUCK for you ! Sure your chance will come :thumb_yello:

hehe cos i was scared he'd say no:boxed:

i realllly wanted to but i couldnt:naughty:

nevermind.. you get one on the 4th.. i'm thinking of going.. but don't want to spend too much on accommodation there.. we'll see.. i'll ask him for you if i do go :bleh:

nevermind.. you get one on the 4th.. i'm thinking of going.. but don't want to spend too much on accommodation there.. we'll see.. i'll ask him for you if i do go :bleh:

no i think the london ones will b the hardest of all, cos the sercruity (?) there can b real bad....

im just happy to b going cos i only bought the ticket yesterday and after donny i thought i wouldn see him 4 agessss.

hope u do come im not staying in london cos i will have to take a sickie so im going drive home though the nite!!

BTW ... the ballloon ended up on top of the bar , I couldnt believe how much entertainment that brought :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Shame I have no more left , if you get one do it even the security got involved and it bouncing on the stage for relax when mika kicked it back .. bet he was thinking where the hell has that come from :naughty:

no i think the london ones will b the hardest of all, cos the sercruity (?) there can b real bad....

im just happy to b going cos i only bought the ticket yesterday and after donny i thought i wouldn see him 4 agessss.

hope u do come im not staying in london cos i will have to take a sickie so im going drive home though the nite!!

OMG!!! a sickie for Mika.. how sweet... i would really really love to go any chance you're passing Bristol hehehhe:naughty: nah don't worry... hope i get to hear your lovely accent again.. will give you a shout if i'm going:thumb_yello:

Hello,

Just jumping into this thread without having read it so sorry if I am repeating things. However, just seen this page and what a page! Vix, those pics are incredible!

Last night was truely amazing. It would be my advice that if anyone only ever got the chance to go to ONE Mika gig...if at all possible...make it Newcastle. Last night was the ninth time I have seen Mika...and they have all been special for different reasons, but it was totally INCREDIBLE! Normally when I am at gigs I am aware of the fact that the people near me are being rather deafened by my scream...last night, seriously, I couldn't actually hear myself scream. I have never heard a noise level like it! The whole building was shaking! Mika was absolutly incredible! He was loving it...and quite rightly so. He seemed to put lots of extra litlle bits and pieces in. He put an extra bit into the end of HMDYLM...I thought it was impossible for me to love that song any more than I already did but I was wrong! Unlike Saturday when he did Sweet dreams (swoon swoon) he was back to Missionary man last night. As can be seen in the pics...in a gorgous pink jacket. It was sublime.

I was never sure about the choice of 'Relax' as an encore...seemed odd to me...but I think it is a shame that the encore in some form has disappeared.

Afterwards we were outside again for the signing...seems strange when lately they have been inside.....seems to be no rhyme or reason to these things. I gave Mika a card that I had made...just to thank him for the tour and a briliant year. It made me laugh really as he was obviously expecting me to ask him to sign what was in my hand but instead I said I just wanted to give him it and he thanked me as if it was something really nice! It was only a card! I love to see him close up like that though...incredibly yummy!

Im totally confused why he didnt do relax :shocked:

OMG!!! a sickie for Mika.. how sweet... i would really really love to go any chance you're passing Bristol hehehhe:naughty: nah don't worry... hope i get to hear your lovely accent again.. will give you a shout if i'm going:thumb_yello:

i will b passing bristol hun if u did want to travel with me give me a shout!!