2007 - Mika @ Carling Academy, Newcastle, 26 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

*storms in*

Just wanted to say that I agree with Kata on the issue.. and that I believe she was in no way attacking anyone personally. She just stated her opinion on the matter which I feel is her right to do.

Saying she is 'just jealous' seems a bit short sighted..

Her words shouldn't have offended anyone but clearly they did.. which is a shame.

Opinion's differ, let's be glad about that. How boring would life be if we all felt the same about everything? Like my gramps used to say "If we all walked in the same direction, we'd never run into anyone." :naughty:

Anyway, can we just drop the issue now? Or open a new discussion topic about it? This thread is for reviews, so let the rest of the reviews roll in!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi..........haven't read all of the debate about photos etc but will just put in my opinion. I totally agree with the person (was it Kata, not sure sorry) who said something about us not monopoloising Mika's time. I am always very aware of that fact...maybe the person in front of me is only going to one gig and this is their only chance, but on the other hand....that time..after the gigs is the only time we do get to see Mika so if we didn't get to talk to him then we never would. I, like Babs, am amonst the ranks of people that have 'met' him on several occasions but don't have a pic. but to be fair, that is only really because I was too shy in February to hang about at the ABC in Glasgow because if I had done I would defiantly have got one there. The bottom line is, for me.....it would be nice to have a pic but it isn't the be all and end all. I just like to have the opportunity to see him up close...which is possible whilst he is with other people...and just to say hi....any thing else is a bonus.

Sivan is an absolute delight and as Freddie says.....she has had previous contact with Mika and his mum so it is a slightly different situation.

So.....as I am in the background on that pic that seems to be being hottly debated this morning (and...it IS a zipper I am sure!) I will just be satisfied with that!

I agree totally , end of the day and Newcastle totally proves this ... he knows us from standing in the crowd and so do the band ...

Im just at the stage now that to say hi is good , I dont want zillions of signatures

Nice comments Kath .. as always :biggrin2:

1. I vote for zipper

2. If there was a certain amount of taking-my-pic-with-Mika time provided for everyone waiting after a show I would gladly donate mine for somebody else.

First to PM me will get my signed confirmation. :mf_rosetinted:

On the other hand, Freddie, if you had a spare 'I-know-you-talk' situation I wouldn't say no :blush-anim-cl:

1. I vote for zipper

2. If there was a certain amount of taking-my-pic-with-Mika time provided for everyone waiting after a show I would gladly donate mine for somebody else.

First to PM me will get my signed confirmation. :mf_rosetinted:

On the other hand, Freddie, if you had a spare 'I-know-you-talk' situation I wouldn't say no :blush-anim-cl:

:biggrin2:

It was the perfect gig :thumb_yello:

Martin was outside too an bundle of energy

Oooooo what has gone on here ? Have to read back like a million pages and I came here to put some photos of me up!

Hopes you likey them!

xx

Me and Babs!

Me and Martin

Me and Lovely Sara!

MICANewcastlegig26-11-07012.jpg[/img]

MICANewcastlegig26-11-07025.jpg[/img]

MICANewcastlegig26-11-07027.jpg[/img]

MICANewcastlegig26-11-07002.jpg[/img]

Sorry about the blurred ones I took them as video stills and the one of me at home I was twirling round and round and being very silly but when you wear a frock like that you can be!

Thanx for the amazing stories and pics! :biggrin2: MFC rocks! :wub2:

About the zipper thing: In Stockholm Mika's zipper went down few times on the stage. I was too close to see that. :naughty: Maybe he had the same problem again. :wink2:

Oooooo what has gone on here ? Have to read back like a million pages and I came here to put some photos of me up!

Hopes you likey them!

xx

Me and Babs!

Me and Martin

Me and Lovely Sara!

Sorry about the blurred ones I took them as video stills and the one of me at home I was twirling round and round and being very silly but when you wear a frock like that you can be!

awww nice pics daisylou, you look lovely in your dress

Hopes you likey them!

xx

Me and Babs!

Me and Martin

Me and Lovely Sara!

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee:wub2:

Thanks for the lolly , i was awesome and the santa sock on his keyboard! result

WROTE A LONG POST AND CLCKED DELETE BY MISTAKE...!!!:thumbdown:

again...

First of all

FREDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WELCOME BACK!

do you think we can be satisfied with one slim post? about towels? do you???

WE - WANT - MORE!!!!!!!!

SIVAN

i love you and you know it, you had that scrapbook idea and i was in the forum for one day and i joined it...grateful for ever!

i think you are as mad as most of us here about mika, you are bold enough to ask and he's sweet enought to give...so why not?

.....and i'm jealous, OF COURSE!

but if i were in yr shoes, i'do the same, sorry for the shy ones...

BABS

yes, it's a forum and we share opinions here freely, and ppl should not get offended by them, we do not know in real life (now i know you and i like you :wub2: ) and maybe talking would be just different.

words can cut like knives, but they are just words, pls don't forget that in RL it could be just 'different'!

MARIPOSA

how much i loved yr pics...it seemed to me to be there, really watching his dear face in front of me....

then

i think we all get hyper when it's time to meet mika, some are bolder, some are shyer, it depends on personalities.

just take all this easily, with a lighter mind, and try to enjoy things ....

if i let jealously (or criticism) take over me, i could eaily leave the forum right now and never come back!...

i'm trying to get the best from all my emotions and be positive...

will i succeed?

Don't do THAT!!! :shocked:

of what?..

sorry....:roftl: couldnt resist..

:sneaky2:

After what Mika said to me outside , none of you have ANY chance :roftl:

I always knew he liked me

Well done Fred - and loved the pic of you and Cherisse - lovely :biggrin2:

I actually believe it does. He's not "available" for a long time after the gigs these days, so it's only the few and the lucky who get more than a "thanks for signing my stupid item" across, let alone a picture - those of us who have met him a billion times already could perhaps wait a bit and just say hello, instead of monpolising his time - it's nice to meet him and it would be lovely to have a picture and a kiss and a personal invite to his next dinner party every time, but it's quite egoistic to ask for that much when we already got so much and some didn't get the chance...

Your so right with this comment .. sorry Ive been catching up , I feel the same .. example .. a small child was behind me all she wanted was an autograph , she wasnt interested in huge conversations and I had to get her and as knowing andi etc in front of me get her infront .......

I think we need to spread the love .. especially as he knows some of us he will spend more time with them people , it would be nice if he got to know everyone

I just feel we all are in in together and should act like a "team" if thats the right word for it and look after each other