2007 - Mika @ Carling Academy, Newcastle, 26 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

*makes mental note of not adding to siggy if gets another pic with Mika* :naughty:

*will only act determined, forceful, and bold to get Mika pics and/or video recording when handing him the "Year in Cartoon Motion Yearbook" him, as delegated* :biggrin2:

good girl :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About the gig itself, I think most has already been said - to sum it up in one word: AWESOME !!!!! :groupwave:

We, that is 4 friends and me, arrived at the venue at about 5: 20 or sth., there weren't too many people queuing at that point, so I found Kath easily and she gave me a ticket from girlintheblue for one of my firends - THANK YOU you two!!! :punk:

But then we joined the queue again and were having a great time although I wasn't with the others MFCers (:tears:), but I think it was fun to do such a gig with my friends one time...They all liked Mika before the gig! But now they all love him! :wub2:

We were also waiting for Mika after the show, but I didn't really talk to a lot of MFCers (talked to Sivan and Summer though : you are both great! can't wait for London now!)...I recognized some of you of course - but firstly I didn't want to "abandon" my friends and second of all I was a bit shy...dunno why, but yesterday I was just a little bit "high" after the gig...it was too amazing!

I'm sorry that I didn't come over to say hello though :blush-anim-cl:

But I know that most of you will also be in London and I will definitely come over then :wink2:

All in all, newcastle was BRILLIANT! I absolutelly LOVED it! Not only the concert but also the rest (thus seeing my friends again and doing some sightseeing around Newcastle...)

Can't wait to go back...

But first of all: LONDON....only 4 days left...

mariposa... i wanted to tell u....your friend is SO cute...im kinda inlove :wub2: whats his name? i wanted to talk to him more...he was so sweet but with all the MIKA maddness going on i couldnt.... tel him i say hi :) he was realy nice :)

Oh, you are talking about Miguel?! :wub2:

Yeah, he is very sweet and I think the angel wings suited him alright! :bleh:

Oh, you are talking about Miguel?! :wub2:

Yeah, he is very sweet and I think the angel wings suited him alright! :bleh:

oooooh Miguel :das: say hi from me ok? does he has a myspace or something?

summer say hi also :)

My favourite waking up in the morning activity....gig reviews and photos...waiting for the youtubes now.

You guys are just amazing, :biggrin2:thankyou for coming back here and sharing it all with us.:mf_lustslow:

And peeps, don't let the green eyed monster get you down...I am happy to see ANYONE get a photo with Mika, and if you don't at least ask, you might not get one, so summon up every last bit of courage you have and ASK HIM!! The worst that can happen is if your camera doesn't work. (or he says no)

.I am happy to see ANYONE get a photo with Mika, and if you don't at least ask, you might not get one, so summon up every last bit of courage you have and ASK HIM!! The worst that can happen is if your camera doesn't work. (or he says no)

Just watch, I'll ask him and with my luck, he'll say no. :lmfao:

When I met him in June, I was kind of frozen so I stayed next to him for longer than I should have, and he, in kind words, pretty much told me to move along. :lmfao:

My favourite waking up in the morning activity....gig reviews and photos...waiting for the youtubes now.

You guys are just amazing, :biggrin2:thankyou for coming back here and sharing it all with us.:mf_lustslow:

And peeps, don't let the green eyed monster get you down...I am happy to see ANYONE get a photo with Mika, and if you don't at least ask, you might not get one, so summon up every last bit of courage you have and ASK HIM!! The worst that can happen is if your camera doesn't work. (or he says no)

twas not a green eyed monster speaking here, twas merely an attempt to get people to consider their actions. I'm not saying we should split up the poor guy in 7962 pieces so we can all get an equal share, I just think we could perhaps remember that there are 7961 other MFCers out there who love him just as much - and heck he might even have one or two fans who didn't find their way here yet as well, so we could step back a bit and let others have a go first before we ask for picture number 35 :doh:

twas not a green eyed monster speaking here, twas merely an attempt to get people to consider their actions. I'm not saying we should split up the poor guy in 7962 pieces so we can all get an equal share, I just think we could perhaps remember that there are 7961 other MFCers out there who love him just as much - and heck he might even have one or two fans who didn't find their way here yet as well, so we could step back a bit and let others have a go first before we ask for picture number 35 :doh:

hear hear ! as i posted earlier since we say we are such a friendly bunch of people on here :wink2: we should help out other unfortunate people to reach their goal as we did to have their own picture with mika also . i have one picture with mika which was taken in feb i have been to 2 other gigs since then & i will never ask for another !

hear hear ! as i posted earlier since we say we are such a friendly bunch of people on here :wink2: we should help out other unfortunate people to reach their goal as we did to have their own picture with mika also . i have one picture with mika which was taken in feb i have been to 2 other gigs since then & i will never ask for another !

What I don't understand is why some people want more than one Mika signature (or any person's signature for that matter). Could someone explain to me? haha

What I don't understand is why some people want more than one Mika signature (or any person's signature for that matter). Could someone explain to me? haha

Just to remember the moment by would be my reasoning. If I get to meet him again, I may just ask for a hug instead of an autograph. :)

yeah you have a point Kata, after Newcastle I didn't take any pix of him outside after feeling really bad about asking HJ to take one for me in Doncaster then the security bloke shoved his almighty big hand in the way, I feel bad about that cos I had forgot they said no pics and I didnt even ask him, and I feel it was rude to just flash a camera at him like that.

so Newcastle I didn't even ask for an autograph cos I already have it 2 times now (though to have the sleeve of my LiCM cd signed might be cool lol). But I didn't want to take up any of his time by being greedy.

He took our Mika giggle bear, and giggled at it, I did video this but only after I saw others were taking pics etc and no one said anything, and when he came to me to see what I wanted signed I went all stupid and froze on the spot and my mouth clammed up and the second passed and he moved onto the next person and I felt like a total idiot and guilty about not being able to say one word at all to him, I couldn't even look him in the eye's I just felt really embarrassed and stupid. (grrr to me). It's not fair he should be banned for having this affect on women.

Maybe I'll get over this foolishness at Hammersmith, I doubt it though.

i finally managed to nick freddies notebook off sivan and read through what has been posted on here since this afternoon. :naughty:

I know!

I'm always the same.........I have to make do with appearing in his video with him!

Seriously though, when they say no pictures I just leave it then get jealous when I see everyone else's fab cozy piccies on here!

The thing is that when people ask him directly for a picture he seems to say "oh go on then but make it quick!"

Sigh.........we are obviously not pushy enough!!

i didnt even hear that they said no pictures when mika came out yesterday. actually someone first said he wont sign anything but we can just take pictures (of him i think, not with him, but they didnt say that). id have asked him for a pic too but he was already halfway in the car when he started talking with me.

DSCF2873.jpg

HPIM4395.jpg

:wub2::biggrin2:

it was brilliant meeting all of you!! and vix, i love your pictures!! :wub2: everyone elses too of course! mariposa, shame i didnt see you! :sad: but hope to meet you in london!

The reason I for me are for 2 things,

1. It gives me an excuse to at least say SOMETHING to him, anything is better than the awkward silence that usually befalls my stupid mouth.

2. The 1st one was to Sparkly1 and I wanted on to vivienne though he just wrote Mika, so if I have the audacity to ask for another one on my LiCM sleeve, then I would like it to my real name.

The reason I for me are for 2 things,

1. It gives me an excuse to at least say SOMETHING to him, anything is better than the awkward silence that usually befalls my stupid mouth.

2. The 1st one was to Sparkly1 and I wanted on to vivienne though he just wrote Mika, so if I have the audacity to ask for another one on my LiCM sleeve, then I would like it to my real name.

Oh, well that makes sense. I'm not saying people are bad for asking for one or anything, I was just honestly confused what a person would do with more than one autograph haha

Whoa! :biggrin2:

Reading this thread for the last half hour and I can tell you - IT's BETTER THAN ANY REALITY TV SHOW OUT THERE!

Drama. Excitement! Sarcasm. Love. Hate. Jealousy. Love. Comraderie. Passion. Pics of half naked popstars. I should donate more. :naughty:

Just to remember the moment by would be my reasoning. If I get to meet him again, I may just ask for a hug instead of an autograph. :)

yes I could maybe agree with that but I don't like the idea of asking for a kiss, I NEVER would, even if I was young and lovely I just think it's a bit too much of an invasion of personal space, I wouldn't wanna go kissing loadsa random ppl (ewww dunno where they have been):naughty::naughty: even if he offered to because of my age I would only want a peck on the cheek, anything more would be wrong lol.

yes I could maybe agree with that but I don't like the idea of asking for a kiss, I NEVER would, even if I was young and lovely I just think it's a bit too much of an invasion of personal space, I wouldn't wanna go kissing loadsa random ppl (ewww dunno where they have been):naughty::naughty: even if he offered to because of my age I would only want a peck on the cheek, anything more would be wrong lol.

You say that now....:naughty:

I would want to ask him for a kiss on the cheek, but if I put myself in his shoes, I'd be soooo uncomfortable so I'd never ask. I'm aiming for a hug though :naughty: I shouldn't ask for one though, he should hug me automatically:wink2:

:lmao:

Have a told you how much I love you for that? :huglove: I was so nervous..I don't even know how you could hold the camera knowing that he was looking at you the whole time. LOL

I did my bit! :roftl:

I took not one but 2 pics of Charlie with him in Glasgow, cause the first one wasn't perfect :roftl: AND I didn't ask for one myself......I think I now deserve a SUPER Mika pic where he's hugging me tightly :naughty:

i want to say something...

i dont think i took anyone place when i took a pic with mika...

and from what i remember they told us no signatures...and pix are ok.. maybe im wrong... i asked mika...he said he has no time at first.... but than he said "u know what? wait here" so he kept on signing for people and came back for the pic when he finished.... i didnt beg or anything.... i never push him to anything, im allways quiet when im around him and patient... it happend once that i asked and the guards said no.... so i didnt get one....

i guess i was lucky cause i saw him in the USA and we were not a lot of people there every time after the shows... all of you that say "BACK OFF" to me... i think its not a nice thing to say... but u guys can have your opinion i guess...

i respect mika and other people, you guys dont know me well i guess and thats why you say these things....

I don't know what to say here apart from I hope he never reads this thread as I think its gone a bit ugly in places, that makes me sad, and a bit worried, if he sees this going on he could just totally withdraw any time to us at all after gigs and that would be a shame and our own fault.

i want to say something...

i dot think i took anyone place when i took a pic with mika...

and from what i remember they told us no signatures...and pix are ok.. maybe im wrong... i asked mika...he said he has no time at first.... but than he said "u know what? wait here" so he kept on signing for people and came back for the pic when he finished.... i didnt beg or anything.... i never push him to anything, im allways quiet when im around him and patient... it happend once that i asked and the guards said no.... so i didnt get one....

i guess i was lucky cause i saw him in the USA and we were not a lot of people there every time after the shows... all of you that say "BACK OFF" to me... i think its not a nice thing to say... but u guys can have your opinion i guess...

i respect mika and other people, you guys dont know me well i guess and thats why you say these things....

Awww how sweet:blush-anim-cl:

I'm glad you got another picture with him. You didn't necassarily need it, but its no biggy. It would be another thing if you went out to dinner with him every night :naughty:

Don't take what people say personally Sivan:wink2: They're just jealous:naughty: You deserve that picture just as much as anyone else on here. I'm glad you had a great time by the way!:biggrin2: