Mika @ Centre, Brighton - MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Thanks for the wonderful photos, Kevin! And :welcomeani: officially!

Love all the reports (except the ones implying Mika might be over-

medicating -- that's worrisome :( ) So wish I could have been there... and

for the last 3 upcoming shows... At least we get to live them

vicariously! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

I agree that it's super-worrying, but I honestly don't believe that Mika would be so stupid. He seems to be the type to really take care of his body and health, and I just don't think that he would do anything of the nature, even if he were being "forced" to. He may be on medicine, but most cold/chest infection medication makes you a bit loopy, even when taken at normal dosage.

I'm not going to worry about it, because I trust that he is not an idiot. He is really serious about his job, but I definitely do not think that he would sacrifice his health and wellbeing for it. He's smarter than that.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MIKA IS FINE!!! lol

wish u were here to ;)

I believe you! And yeah... one of these days we'll meet up! Maybe LA?

:wink2:

I'm not going to worry about it, because I trust that he is not an idiot. He is really serious about his job, but I definitely do not think that he would sacrifice his health and wellbeing for it. He's smarter than that.

As a mom, I think it's my job to worry :blush-anim-cl:

I've learned over the years that even smart people do stupid things,

and that you should NEVER say NEVER... however, I do agree with you

for the most part, and am willing to believe for now that there's nothing

to be overly concerned about :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

As a mom, I think it's my job to worry :blush-anim-cl:

Oh, of course! :) I worry about him at times too, in a motherly fashion, though I'm not a mother. :naughty:

I've learned over the years that even smart people do stupid things,

and that you should NEVER say NEVER... however, I do agree with you

for the most part, and am willing to believe for now that there's nothing

to be overly concerned about :thumb_yello:

I just...I don't know. My gut feeling tells me that there is nothing to be concerned about, but of course I'm saying all of this from an outsider's point of view. I just hope and pray that he's not, because I really am concerned for him, not as a celebrity, but as a person, and I know well what doing things of the nature can do to a person in the long-run.

But anyway, thinking about it, this type of thing probably should not be discussed here, because it's a very serious speculation, and it would be most horrible if it fell into bad hands. :boxed:

Oh, of course! :) I worry about him at times too, in a motherly fashion, though I'm not a mother. :naughty:

I just...I don't know. My gut feeling tells me that there is nothing to be concerned about, but of course I'm saying all of this from an outsider's point of view. I just hope and pray that he's not, because I really am concerned for him, not as a celebrity, but as a person, and I know well what doing things of the nature can do to a person in the long-run.

But anyway, thinking about it, this type of thing probably should not be discussed here, because it's a very serious speculation, and it would be most horrible if it fell into bad hands. :boxed:

I think it was just one small remark, that has been picked up and magnified - something we do too well on this forum.

It's like one of those games.

Mika takes aspirin

Mika takes pill.

Mika takes drugs.

Mika is an addict.

Let's just stop this now!

And don't mis -quote me, please!

We didnt get anything signed as he was mobbed, ppl were climbing on his car!

Poor Sara had satnav probs, she'll tell you about that, and poor Kev got in trouble, he or Jem will tell you about that!

omg on the car ????

don't know what satnav is... feels stupid

Kev got into trouble ??:shocked::thumbdown:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :biggrin2:

As for the mobbing of MIKA's car I dont think that was quite what it seemed. We were stood quite close and the car went to leave and then stopped (we're guessing at MIKA's request) so that he could wind his window down and talk to Jacks family and friends. They were stood on the other side of the car in the road and once they had finished talking to MIKA they moved away respectfully and the car drove off unobstructed (unless you count lots of waves and shouts of WE LOVE YOU MIKA coming from the kirb)

I can see how it might have looked like something more sinister from further down the road but I really don't think there was a problem at all.

sounds a lot better :thumb_yello:

Welcome to the forums kev !!!! And thank you very much for the pics !!!

Hope you got my letter I sent you lately ....

Welcome to the forums kev !!!! And thank you very much for the pics !!!

Hope you got my letter I sent you lately ....

Hiya

We did get your postcard thank you so much, it was lovely. Montreux looks very beautiful, it's definately a place that's on our 'to do' list

Hey can I ask a question... don't know if it's been said already, sorry if it has...

Did he play MM or SD this time?

He played MM (although if I remember the band did play the opening chords of SD - got me all confused when they then started playing MM :naughty: )

Kata and I have been up for about half an hour and also feel rough as dogs. No comments please.

We got home about 4.30am.

*waves to jules and kev, jenga, vicki, ben, jennie, sivan, summer, sara, jems, hope you are all feeling as rough as us. :naughty:

Yep - I feel as rough as a dog today too LOL :roftl: :roftl:

*Waves back to you Bab, and all the lovely people mentioned in your post above* What a truly wonderful bunch of people - it was a real pleasure to meet you all again (or for the first time!).

I think it was just one small remark, that has been picked up and magnified - something we do too well on this forum.

It's like one of those games.

Mika takes aspirin

Mika takes pill.

Mika takes drugs.

Mika is an addict.

Let's just stop this now!

And don't mis -quote me, please!

Words of wisdom - I personally think MIKA is just high on LIFE at the moment (ok, and maybe also cough medicine ha ha!)

He seems so happy, and really feeds off audience enthusiasm. He's the blooming Tops !! :blush-anim-cl:

Finally I would like to welcome my gorgey hubby Kev (Jesterkevin) to the forums. I love him to bits for putting up with my MIKA obsession and driving me everywhere and standing in queues for hours on end - just to feed my habit! I am a very lucky lady - and on top of all that he likes the Mikster too :wink2:

Sat nav is a computer in your car that tells you the way to somewhere..

Im not sure what happened with Kev, i think it was just a disagreement about where ppl were standing. The security definetaly did suck though :sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

Mika was his amazing as he always is, those quoted comments were just a few snippets i added, not supposed sum up the concert, THAT was brill!! :)

Hello Jules *waves*

The gig in feb was much nicer and its just gonna get worse, I am thinking about booking seats next time.

Maybe we could get him to do a gig each year just for us lot and we could pay like 100 a ticket, so rather than going to loads of mediocre gigs and spenging a fortune we could all meet and have one amazing gig each year, like a convention and all be together, it could be in a diff county each year and he would make money cause we'd pay more per head....I WISH he'd so it....

NONE of the mfcers were mobbing him or screaming at him, it was a bit like he was a piece of meat or a commodity and that made me feel sad for him. Although im sure he is loving it, maybe.....

I think we in here feel a bit protective of him.

I'm sorry to hear it was not the best gig for ya, I heard many recent ones were very good, so it's probably one down night for mika.. I dunno.. everyone can have that. I'm for ex. not feeling at my best at the moment.

I'm a bit worried on my behalf, as bologna was just so perfect, nothing can top it up, but again, that's life, so I'll just make the best of the london gigs. I do hope he's not being bothered by obsessive fans, he's fine enough to stop and say hi to us all after.

kevin, thx for the beautiful pics and welcome to the forum! :thumb_yello:

sara looks lovely with that hairstyle, doesn't she?

and I'm not even going into mr M.. :fisch:

me ???????? :blink:

and about the mobbing : :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

about the drugs (meds) : said it in another thread :mf_rosetinted:

and then... KATA and BAB are FANS FANS FANS !!! :bleh:

drugs..? would ya redirect, queen of all links, pls? :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sorry to hear it was not the best gig for ya, I heard many recent ones were very good, so it's probably one down night for mika.. I dunno.. everyone can have that. I'm for ex. not feeling at my best at the moment.

I'm a bit worried on my behalf, as bologna was just so perfect, nothing can top it up, but again, that's life, so I'll just make the best of the london gigs. I do hope he's not being bothered by obsessive fans, he's fine enough to stop and say hi to us all after.

kevin, thx for the beautiful pics and welcome to the forum! :thumb_yello:

sara looks lovely with that hairstyle, doesn't she?

and I'm not even going into mr M.. :fisch:

MIKA WAS HIS USUAL AMAZING SELF HE was brilliant and totally lovable. I just liked it when he had less ppl grabbing for his attention:mf_lustslow:

PLEASE DONT get the wrong idea, I never said he wasnt amazing.

We all adore and support him in here, otherwise why would we be in here.

I adore the man, his perfomace couldnt be faulted, he was absolutely on fire, grinning like a cheshire cat and obviously loving it.

MIKA WAS HIS USUAL AMAZING SELF HE was brilliant and totally lovable. I just liked it when he had less ppl grabbing for his attention:mf_lustslow:

PLEASE DONT get the wrong idea, I never said he wasnt amazing.

We all adore and support him in here, otherwise why would we be in here.

I adore the man, his perfomace couldnt be faulted, he was absolutely on fire, grinning like a cheshire cat and obviously loving it.

oh it's fine even if one, NOT YOU -now I know LOL :naughty: - thinks one may have preferred another gig. it doesn't mean to be less of a fan. :bleh: and that's also re. to POV. I could like best smt you think it's not so stunning.. :wink2:

again, not referred to you, since you clarified now. :)

Kata and I have been up for about half an hour and also feel rough as dogs. No comments please.

We got home about 4.30am.

*waves to jules and kev, jenga, vicki, ben, jennie, sivan, summer, sara, jems, hope you are all feeling as rough as us. :naughty:

Now we have to go and do other stuff, meet mfcers for dinner, from airport, oh such busy life, we are wrecked.

Great gig, we also had been thinking about the things Jenga has said, like the mobbing and his slightly manic look.

Things are changing and changing fast.

That's life I guess.

I guess we have known all year that it was going to happen..but it doesn't make it any easier when it does does it. Poor Mika.

I guess we have known all year that it was going to happen..but it doesn't make it any easier when it does does it. Poor Mika.

I'm sorry, I hate to sond dumb, but though I READ ALL THIS THREAD, I cannot get it 100%: are ya talking about him being "assaulted" by crazy fans? what's the manic look of his about..? :blink: