Mika @ Carling Academy Brixton, London: MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Absolutely well written Suzy. Congrats on getting the book to Mika personally. I'm sure that moment will retain in your memory forever. Can't wait to see Sivan's vid. When you see it too, it may even sink in that YOU DID actually meet him...it wasn't a dream.

Pat on the back , hugs, and all that........

I can't wait too! I could only watch the video without the sound! :biggrin2:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great that you give him a Yearbook!!!!! we hadn't that opportunity with our gift..:( we had hope to give him ours after the Hammersmith gig, we went there about 10 pm only to do that (because we had a tickets for 2 and 4 dec only) but when we arrived there some guy from apollo told us that Mika cancelled two his last gigs.... and we were very dissapointed ;( but it's not the end of the world - we're going to London in Feb :)

We have a pics and videos from first gig but we're in London now, and tommorow when we'll come home to Warsaw we'll upload all ! :)

it was really amazing, thanks to all of You!

That's great that you give him a Yearbook!!!!! we hadn't that opportunity with our gift..:( we had hope to give him ours after the Hammersmith gig, we went there about 10 pm only to do that (because we had a tickets for 2 and 4 dec only) but when we arrived there some guy from apollo told us that Mika cancelled two his last gigs.... and we were very dissapointed ;( but it's not the end of the world - we're going to London in Feb :)

We have a pics and videos from first gig but we're in London now, and tommorow when we'll come home to Warsaw we'll upload all ! :)

it was really amazing, thanks to all of You!

Looking forward to your pics and videos - and really glad

you can go back in February!! :thumb_yello:

Looking forward to your pics and videos - and really glad

you can go back in February!! :thumb_yello:

We'll do that as soon as it will be possible :) tomorow evening it will be done!

And we hope we could buy a tickets for 25 Feb too, somewhere maybe on ebay.. and we will be there for sure!

we're now in a 'internet cafe' and our time is ending for a while.. :/

so it will be a long night at the airport.. without MFC.. owwwwww it hurts..:wink2:

see you tomorow!!

We'll do that as soon as it will be possible :) tomorow evening it will be done!

And we hope we could buy a tickets for 25 Feb too, somewhere maybe on ebay.. and we will be there for sure!

we're now in a 'internet cafe' and our time is ending for a while.. :/

so it will be a long night at the airport.. without MFC.. owwwwww it hurts..:wink2:

see you tomorow!!

Hey! I know you now! You were beside me at Brixton! :biggrin2:

I actually feel "qualified" to reply to this because I think that you're referring to a situation that occured in the queue when I was there as well, where some french people were trying to move ahead in the queue and were told (rightly so) by some british people who were in front of them, that they had been queuing there for a long time and they would not allow anyone to move ahead of them.

I'm not bringing this up to cause any "wars" but just in the name of truth and to state what happenned.

What's relevant about it is not the nationality of those involved, but their actions- nothing else.

I think that when it comes to queuing everyone should chill and just accept that when you get to a gig, you stay where you are entitled to by order of arrival. End of.

If everyone takes that approach,there will be no more silly quarrels or "wars".

It's all good to say that we should be TOGETHER, but that only works if everyone plays fairly, which is sadly not always the case (and I have been a witness of this on more than one occasion):biggrin2:

I just want to add: after the gig, I went to the stage door in a hope to see Mika. There was only one person there. I was waiting and then some people (French sorry) arrived, said sorry to go through and then stayed in front of us. That's really annoyed me, no respect for the people who were there before, it's a shame.

So, my review..

I wasn't even supposed to be in London that night, was going to go home that morning after spending a week there to see TT at the O2, but when I realised Mika was having a concert there that night, I changed my flight and hotel booking and managed to get hold of a ticket, and late afternoon I joined the loooooong queue that was already outside the arena. I think I started queueing at 5:30 or something and was way down the side of the building, but somehow, when we were let in I found myself casually walking inside and ending up on on 3rd row right in front of the stage :blink:

Really good spot to be standing, I realised when the concert started.

When Mika came on he looked pale and thinner than he did last time I saw him, and he explained why, when he told us they had been in bed ill for the past 2 days. Still, after a careful start to the show, he warmed up and bounced about the stage like he usually does.

The show he put on was amazing like always, and we got all the extra stuff that he doesn't add on the smaller stages on the tour, such as the lollipopgirls, the big girls, the animals etc, but still... the concert he did in Norway was better. I don't know if the size of the place made him interact less with the audience or if it was him not feeling his best, but the Oslo one was just more.. alive and intimate in a way. This one seemed more purely proffesional, and it was painful seeing him touch his throat all the time, and then when he came back out and took a bow instead of doing Relax again, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach, but realised it was due to him having been/ still being ill.

But I had a wonderful time, got to know two really nice spanish girls whith whom I discussed TT and Mika memories and pictures before the show, and had no regrets about going whatsoever :)

I think I am the spanish girl who was talking with you!!!! :D

I just want to add: after the gig, I went to the stage door in a hope to see Mika. There was only one person there. I was waiting and then some people (French sorry) arrived, said sorry to go through and then stayed in front of us. That's really annoyed me, no respect for the people who were there before, it's a shame.

I think i know who they are. :sneaky2:

You were in London and i didn't meet you. :doh: How can it be possible?

I think that i should shout every 5 minutes, "Hi! I'm Pamette! Do you know me?" :naughty:

Yes! We were

Now we are at home now since 15 minutes and it means that.. our pics and videos will be available soon :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

:biggrin2: I hope you enjoyed the gig. There were screaming fans behind you. :roftl:

I can't wait to see your pics and videos.

A very late and short review

This was my first Mika gig and I think it was fantastic! At last I assured that Mika was real and looked the same as in the gorgeous photos and sang as wonderfully as in the album! :wub2: I and my friend arrived at about half past four and there was of course quite long queque already. I was very glad to meet Kata :wink2: and I thought I would meet also other mfcers afterwards but I didn't manage. I didn't know that Mika was ill and I was completely surprised when I got to know that the two next gigs were cancelled :shocked: I would have liked to stay after the gig, but my friend didn't feel well and I was also afraid of missing the last tube, so I went awasy and I was extremely sorry for that, but now I know that he got away very quickly. That's so annoying that the people started chasing him!:thumbdown:

I think i know who they are. :sneaky2:

You were in London and i didn't meet you. :doh: How can it be possible?

I think that i should shout every 5 minutes, "Hi! I'm Pamette! Do you know me?" :naughty:

It's a shame we didn't meet up but you didn't have any battery left on your mobile so I couldn't contact you.

You don't seem really happy either about these French girls lol

I hope to meet you in February if I manage to get a ticket.