Mika @ Carling Academy Brixton, London: MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Queuing:

Looking at the camera - Pamette, Summer, Mariposa, Jennie, and Sivan

IMG_0100.jpg

In the front part of the pic - it is Aurelien, Pamette (side view) and a part of Summer's red coat

IMG_0101.jpg

Christine, Pamette, Fanny, Summer, Mariposa, Jennie, Mellody, and Sivan

IMG_0102.jpg

'Em in the front, Mellody with her Grey Skully costume, Jemma sitting.

IMG_0103.jpg

I definitely need a new camera because

a) the videos can (in this quality) not be longer than 30 seconds and

b) the sound is UNbearable. It really sounds as if a combined harvester would be stuck in your head :blink:. The sound is REALLY annoying and is also the reason why I didn’t upload the videos earlier. But then I thought that you might like to see them anyway (despite crappy sound and shortness).

So now: mute the sound of your computer and watch these:

(these are mediafire-links because I don’t have a youtube-account; if I had one the videos would be even MORE useless because then also the picture quality would be less good)

Holy Johnny 1

Holy Johnny 2

Intro HMDYLM

Beginning SITM

Grace Kelly

Happy Ending

In bed with the band

Intro Band

Billy Brown 1

Billy Brown 2

Intro Big Girl

Lollipop 1

Lollipop 2

Lollipop 3

Lollipop 4

Love Today 1

Love Today 2

Love Today 3

Love Today 4

Love Today 5

SITM

Teddy Bear’s Picnic 1

Teddy Bear’s Picnic 2

Teddy Bear’s Picnic 3

Thank you

HPIM4596.jpg

I'm always amazed when I see pix like that! How can he jump so high??? :shocked::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Haha I always wonder the same!:naughty: Looks like he has springs under his shoes

Thanks everyone for your videos and pics, it's great to re-live it all like that!!

my videos didn't turn out well (and i didn't take many either, wanted to save memory card space... :sneaky2: ), but here finally are my pix of the show. all of them here: http://www.mikafanclub.de/bilder-london01.php and some of the best ones here:

london-09.jpg

london-16.jpg

london-20.jpg

london-21.jpg

london-22.jpg

(got some more good martin ones this time, will post them on the martin thread)

london-24.jpg

well that was a very long and interesting thread, it's left me wondering if I should bother going to the Brixton gigs now :blink: I'm worried that the fans are gonna get even worse by the next London gigs as they seem to have started to behave really badly. I noticed a difference in Newcastle, Manchester and Doncaster I didn't feel as though anyone was pushing or shoving, though some people did think they could turn up later than everyone else and worm their way to the front of the queues outside the venue, but in Newcastle they did this outside AND inside the venue, some cheeky people tried to stand behind us (which didn't bother us too much apart from being more squashed) but it was the small woman BEHIND us that I felt sorry for, but she told them in no uncertain terms that NO they had NOT been to the toilet and were comeing back cos she had been there there whole time. I just think it;s wrong to expect to push in front of someone who has waited longer than they have, it's rude and bad mannered and very selfish.

I am also appalled at the people who were making idiots of themselves by chasing ad banging on Mika's car, that is just immature and stupid and will do more harm than good and I hope if they are MFCers, that they THINK before doing that again. (I mean what do they REALLY think it would achieve, Mika to open the door and say oh ok come on in the car then girls? bloody idiots I am afraid).

Anyway, I enjoyed all the other stories and pics and vids and I think if I DO go to London gigs, it would be better to get seated upstairs, saves all the fuss of queueing in the SNOW!!!! (it's Feb, it's possible) and less pushing hopefully).

right well as its after 5 am here and it's taken me all night to get through these 37 or so pages, I better go to bed now.:bleh:

well that was a very long and interesting thread, it's left me wondering if I should bother going to the Brixton gigs now :blink: I'm worried that the fans are gonna get even worse by the next London gigs as they seem to have started to behave really badly. I noticed a difference in Newcastle, Manchester and Doncaster I didn't feel as though anyone was pushing or shoving, though some people did think they could turn up later than everyone else and worm their way to the front of the queues outside the venue, but in Newcastle they did this outside AND inside the venue, some cheeky people tried to stand behind us (which didn't bother us too much apart from being more squashed) but it was the small woman BEHIND us that I felt sorry for, but she told them in no uncertain terms that NO they had NOT been to the toilet and were comeing back cos she had been there there whole time. I just think it;s wrong to expect to push in front of someone who has waited longer than they have, it's rude and bad mannered and very selfish.

I am also appalled at the people who were making idiots of themselves by chasing ad banging on Mika's car, that is just immature and stupid and will do more harm than good and I hope if they are MFCers, that they THINK before doing that again. (I mean what do they REALLY think it would achieve, Mika to open the door and say oh ok come on in the car then girls? bloody idiots I am afraid).

Anyway, I enjoyed all the other stories and pics and vids and I think if I DO go to London gigs, it would be better to get seated upstairs, saves all the fuss of queueing in the SNOW!!!! (it's Feb, it's possible) and less pushing hopefully).

right well as its after 5 am here and it's taken me all night to get through these 37 or so pages, I better go to bed now.:bleh:

amen.

active queueing REALLY sucks. but there are quite a number of people who have been doing this at quite a number of gigs. and according to my own experiences and what other MFCers told me, these people are usually the same.

I also don't understand what certain people were trying to achieve by banging on the car or closing and then opening again the left door of the van (it WAS open because a security guard opened it or so) and then one of the fans closed it (WHY???) and then was told to open it again.

AND i don't understand why people keep on holding their cameras RIGHT under mika's nose. this happened in Düsseldorf and it was the case in Brixton, too (and i was told this had happened at the other gigs, too). and then numerous people tried to hug him or kiss him or whatever (wasn't the case in Brixton as he was lucky enough to get out of there very fast). what are people expecting? Mika is a human being!!! and if some fans (not all of us) go on like this, he will definitely stop spending some time with his fans after a gig. then no one will get a photo or an autograph. just because some really really STUPID :sneaky2: morons behave like mosquitos in a hot summer's night.

• 10 months later...
I just thought I'd let you know all your writing on the wall in the queue is still there :naughty: I went to see the Hoosiers there on Monday and I was like 'OMG they've writtin MIKA on the wall! Cool!' :roftl:

thats so cool!

• 1 month later...