Mika @ Carling Academy Brixton, London: MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

And I hope that's exactly what he does.

US fans are, in general, more crazy when it comes to that kind of thing, but I don't think that Mika has grown to car-jumping, grabbing popularity here, so if he's feeling okay, we shouldn't have that much of a problem.

In Canada we aren't aggressive fans so even if he's really popular, we should be okay!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's what I was told, I didn't get there till after five, then had a sleep in the car, haha, then went to Nando's with Kata and Christine's friend Becca, till about 8.45 then we went in.

So Babs,

You went in late too??

I really want a front row spec so what do you recommend as a seasoned Brixton Academy goer??! :roftl:

I'm still debating driving or train or train and stay over or driving and stay over! :blink: :blink:

Well, that's what I was told, I didn't get there till after five, then had a sleep in the car, haha, then went to Nando's with Kata and Christine's friend Becca, till about 8.45 then we went in.

Did he call you a freak?! :shocked:

dcdeb

But they were really kind of close in on him, even with Cherisse, she was getting crowded out, not like it used to be. Some people chased the car up the street and someone banged on the window there was a bit of screaming going on.

It was also a bit like that at Brighton IMO.

Personally I do think it is the end of an era.

I think you are right Babs, it doesn't seem to be the same anymore. I think he's just going through the motions for these last few gigs, and I don't think he'll be doing over here anymore after this.

I think you are right Babs, it doesn't seem to be the same anymore. I think he's just going through the motions for these last few gigs, and I don't think he'll be doing over here anymore after this.

Crickey (second time I've used this word in the past few minutes!)

You're really making me nervous about Tuesday noight with all this stuff! :blink:

Will he even make to the end of the last gig at this rate?

Oh, and Rose, what time did you queue from/what time do you recommend for a front row spot?

hi everyone! we are here with summer, mariposa and vanessa,

so....i think this was my least fave concert.... i enjoyed mika, he was great, the band also but with the pushing and security in the way...and some blinding lights.... i dunno! wasnt that fun for me...

usually in mika concerts i forget everything ellse...and just enjoy the music but this one i just kept thinking about the people behind that push me!

OH WELL!

mika was great tho i think he wasnt in his best shape... mariposa think he tried to hurry up.... and yeah it did kinda look like some parts were shorter...like the begining of love today... and few others... :blink::boxed:

it was great meeting everyone and standing in the cold! (well not really the cold part )

was nice seeing LORNA on stage again :)

i met cherisse after the show...she was cute as allways... we saw mika rushing to the car... so many people are waiting for him after the shows these days... its like he is ALVIS or something :roftl:

saw his brother, yasmin and his mom :) sweet!

and there is a picture here at the house with 3 cows...they are kinda cute actually! but mariposa i scared of them! :roftl:

oh! and aurelien got a mika handshake and was in the clouds after the show :wub2: CUTE!

:(

If that's so then I change my mind, and

hope he doesn't grow in popularity here in the states...

perhaps we will still have a chance to see him here without all that fuss.

dcdeb

summer and i were like "thank god! he is coming to the USA and its not THAT crazy there YET :blink: "

oh and i forgot about the YEAR BOOK project that we gave MIKA! i filmed it... will try post it as soon as possible!

hi everyone! we are here with summer, mariposa and vanessa,

so....i think this was my least fave concert.... i enjoyed mika, he was great, the band also but with the pushing and security in the way...and some blinding lights.... i dunno! wasnt that fun for me...

usually in mika concerts i forget everything ellse...and just enjoy the music but this one i just kept thinking about the people behind that push me!

OH WELL!

mika was great tho i think he wasnt in his best shape... mariposa think he tried to hurry up.... and yeah it did kinda look like some parts were shorter...like the begining of love today... and few others... :blink:

it was great meeting everyone and standing in the cold! (well not really the cold part )

was nice seeing LORNA on stage again :)

i met cherisse after the show...she was cute as allways... we saw mika rushing to the car... so many people are waiting for him after the shows these days... its like he is ALVIS or something :roftl:

saw his brother, yasmin and his mom :) sweet!

and there is a picture here at the house with 3 cows...they are kinda cute actually! but mariposa i scared of them! :roftl:

oh! and aurelien got a mika handshake and was in the clouds after the show :wub2: CUTE!

Oh dear,

Another report of him not doing so well.

You'll have to keep an eye on him tomorrow night Sivan and hopefully bring us better news.

Sounds like the venue is not so good even though it's been voted the best venue in the UK!

Bad lights, bad security and pushing.......mmmmmmmm. :boxed:

Oh dear,

Another report of him not doing so well.

You'll have to keep an eye on him tomorrow night Sivan and hopefully bring us better news.

Sounds like the venue is not so good even though it's been voted the best venue in the UK!

Bad lights, bad security and pushing.......mmmmmmmm. :boxed:

dont get me wrong mika was like an animal on stage.... :roftl:

great preformance but for some reason it was different for me... not really sure what it was... maybe next brixton show will be better.... i hope!

dont get me wrong mika was like an animal on stage.... :roftl:

great preformance but for some reason it was different for me... not really sure what it was... maybe next brixton show will be better.... i hope!

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Hopefully not a caged tiger though! :blink:

It just seems odd to think he'd be racing to get the last few gigs over with due to feeling so rough yet we're all hoping for yet another magical night to add to our memory banks! :boxed:

thanks for your reports ! :D

biche is better now, as chopotte said she did not have eaten and drunk somethin' since the morning, or just a lil bit and she fainted at the end of the gig. that's all! ;)

Wow, glad Biche is feeling better -- hope that everyone else takes a

lesson! Remember, eat and drink and take care of yourself, even if you're

excited about the show! It's not worth getting ill over!

dcdeb

he was amazing! so sexy!! so talented!! so full of energy!!! so sweet!!! and even though he was not feeling good at all (and two band members were ill too) they put on a great show!!!

it was unreal. i recorded everything i could with my brother mickey's cell phone camera and at the same time just tried to watch him in total amazement and admiration through my own eyes. i was so close- i have no words.

jammy, suzy, and christine looked after me all night. i met daz and he was a raz taz riot. sivan was at the front of the line like promised. i met the ever sweet and totally reliable and ready to help rose the penguin. i even met summer and sara whom i had heard about fondly as well. sort of like an extended family that already loves you and now is close and able to hug you.

i think, no i know that i will get to give mika the amazing mobile tomorrow. i'll tell you the entire story later. but, IT WILL HAPPEN and i can't wait.

more to tell, but maybe this is getting too long.

THANK GOD FOR MIKA!!!! he was just amazing, really. !! thanks to the fan club!!!

gabi:mf_lustslow:

I think for someone who has gone almost non stop for a year and a half, he's doing extremely well. He still put's as much as he can into the performance, even when he must be feeling like crap. I would just stay in bed personally, but being the nice guy he is, he doesn't want to let the fans down again.

Vix, I'm on getting there for about midday to 1 pm, I think it's silly to get there earlier, it's just a waste of a day to do that, despite what someone I spoke to said to me today.

What did he say to that? I was wondering how he knew about it. Avoca said he did, but I wasn't sure how.

When the chips are down concerning any chances to give it right to the M's hands, I can only recommend to give it to Andy.

After the Munich show we were told that Mika wouldn't come out to meet anybody because he wasn't well and we stood there with Andy as we were told so. And he really was the sweetest thing, he offered to get our stuff to him, we didn't even have to ask. So I would go for Andy as he will be around for sure. The only problem is that you can't really know if Mika will stay to chat after the show or not beforehand... but well, avoca will make it..

hey guys,:blush-anim-cl:

seriously, this was my first gig and I'm still in shock. I can't think clearly.

Just to clear something up, I was right next to the french fan and she did not try to climb the barrier, she got sick and nearly fainted and had to be picked up. That's what happenned.:shocked:

Right, I'm going to bed, my ears still buzzing, my eyes in tears and my head full of beautiful images from the best night in my life...

I'm sincerely happy for you. Aurelien!! Told you it would be like this, but I also understand you can't be really prepared :biggrin2:

But they were really kind of close in on him, even with Cherisse, she was getting crowded out, not like it used to be. Some people chased the car up the street and someone banged on the window there was a bit of screaming going on.

It was also a bit like that at Brighton IMO.

Personally I do think it is the end of an era.

if bab and rak1 say this, bab and rak1 are right. :mf_rosetinted:

consequently, i'm a bit sad today. :boxed:

The report will have to wait. Since people were queuing from 9am yesterday we've got to get to Hammersmith soon just incase it's the same again! We're determined not to let a bunch of people push in front of us again - grr.

Quick summary from last night. Gig was amazing, Summer and I got looooads of eye contact but apparently those not towards the centre like us got zilch. - Crowd were annoying as anything :annoyed_h4h:

The report will have to wait. Since people were queuing from 9am yesterday we've got to get to Hammersmith soon just incase it's the same again! We're determined not to let a bunch of people push in front of us again - grr.

Quick summary from last night. Gig was amazing, Summer and I got looooads of eye contact but apparently those not towards the centre like us got zilch. - Crowd were annoying as anything :annoyed_h4h:

:wink2: Only playiinggggggggggg

Pleased it went well! , bet you were ffff reezing!!!

:wink2: Only playiinggggggggggg

Pleased it went well! , bet you were ffff reezing!!!

Yeah it was soooo cold!!! I think it was just the wind that was really bitter - otherwise it would have been fine. We had a very good sing-along in the queue towards the end- mainly led my Jemma of course. We got through pretty much every Mika song and a few other random ones (and got filmed by Andy bit)

Today I'll be more prepared! I even have sandwiches with me this time! :naughty: