MIKA in Chicago, IL - House of Blues

dcdeb

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An umberella is a good idea. Yeah we saw the light freezing rain on the forcast today. We wish it could've been like today. It is really nice today in Illinois. Thank God it isn't below zero with heavy snow or rain. It could be worse. We would love to wait in line early but if it is really cold, we might have to wait closer to 5. I mean it's not like we wont get in if we don't wait.

Has anybody ever went to one of Mika's concerts where the venue only occupies 1000 people? It seems like a little amount, but do people go crazy to get in and push and shove, lol. Has anybody been to the HOB? Is there a good view of the stage from everywhere?

We really want to see everybody too. It is going to be fun. We will definetely wait after the concert, but we don't know if we can meet Mika before or what you all are doing. Maybe we will meet some of you in line.

Love

The Twins

An umberella is a good idea. Yeah we saw the light freezing rain on the forcast today. We wish it could've been like today. It is really nice today in Illinois. Thank God it isn't below zero with heavy snow or rain. It could be worse. We would love to wait in line early but if it is really cold, we might have to wait closer to 5. I mean it's not like we wont get in if we don't wait.

Has anybody ever went to one of Mika's concerts where the venue only occupies 1000 people? It seems like a little amount, but do people go crazy to get in and push and shove, lol. Has anybody been to thHOB? Is there e a good view of the stage from everywhere?

We really want to see everybody too. It is going to be fun. We will definetely wait after the concert, but we don't know if we can meet Mika before or what you all are doing. Maybe we will meet some of you in line.

Love

The Twins

last time there was 1100 and there was no shoving.. but they did let the guys go in at the same time as the girls so we couldn't get in the front row :tears: the really nice guy that worked there told us not to run so everyone speedwalked or ran :roftl: as for hob my mom has been there.. give me a second and i'll ask :thumb_yello:

Oh, and would like to see the shirt, girlies. :)

Here you go. It was going to be a t-shirt but decided a sweatshirt because it will be so flippin' cold.

These are the flats that we will be wearing.

027.jpg

This is the sweatshirt that we made. It will be worn with a flashing heart and of course the Rosette. The lettering is of course MFC style. Wow and these pictures are huge!

045.jpg

We should all meet up at a specific time. I know we are obsessive, lol. But we don't want to miss all of you. That would be cool if we all got to stand around each other during the concert or go back to meet Mika together, to get pictures and all. We DO NOT want to miss out on a picture, lol. For us that would be double trouble. We were thinking about standing at around 4 or 4:30. From where we live we were going to leave at 8 in the morning and we should get there around 1 with frequent stops. We can't wait!

By the way, what does a bigger Metro mean?

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

Yeah, I think no matter where you are you will have a fairly good view. I would really like to be up front or on the balcony, because I am so freaking short. It's no fun for me when I get right in the middle of a crowd because I can't see past anyone. lol

I wouldn't mind just running as close as possible to the stage...even if that means I got the spot I got last time...like 3rd row... I'm gonna be in my heels, and I dunno it adds to the energy, that mosh pit...

But if worse comes to worse I'lll go up to the balcony...but I'd prefer to be right there on the ground :wink2:

I just did a mapquest. 6 hrs and 35 mins drive.

Phew, the things I do for the musicians that I love. Sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy.

Our total time to Chicago is 3 hours and 57 minutes. It is 244 miles away! And you aren't crazy. You will probably be driving right past us. Are you going the day before of the day of the concert. Lol, you will probably be driving right past Vandalia, and Effingham IL.

Melanie, we agree with you. We would much rather be on the ground.

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one here, eh Megan? :P;)

Actually, I've driven much further before. 11 hours for Queen + Paul Rodgers and about 9 hours for No Doubt.

*looks around* you're the only crazy one i see :naughty:

:shocked: i can't believe you drove 11 hours!! i mean i can see why but WOW 11 hours??! that's dedication :thumb_yello:

mika's the only musician that i've ever really cared about.. i just like nsync and rascal flatts because i wanted to be like my older sister :bleh: but now that i'm old enough to decide for myself i found mika and i'm SOOO glad i did :wub2:

Yeah, I def prefer being called dedicated over crazy, but hey in the end I've seen some awesome shows, so it's all good. ;)

Pretty much all of the bands I love, I have found on my own....I'm pretty proud of that, really! I've also gotten other people into my fave music, which is also good.

Yeah, I def prefer being called dedicated over crazy, but hey in the end I've seen some awesome shows, so it's all good. ;)

Pretty much all of the bands I love, I have found on my own....I'm pretty proud of that, really! I've also gotten other people into my fave music, which is also good.

when people call me obsessed i tell them i'm dedicated :biggrin2: mika's the only GREAT show i've ever seen :wub2:

that's neat! i've only found mika and mika's helped me find bodies without organs but that's it so far :bleh:

lol I hear you. I've been told I'm dedicated/obsessed/crazy...you name it. If that means I am showing my support/love for the bands that I like then I guess I am okay with any of those names. :D

Mika is definitely a good concert to begin with! Let's hope the concert next week will be all we both hope for!!