Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

This monkey also loves you. :original:

Does that make it a new form of sexuality: women who like sexual ambiguity who for some reason call them selves monkeys who like women? I guess I won't go there. :roftl:

Yeah, Am-Sim-Wo sexuality - haven't you heard of it? :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's precisely why I think it's silly that we can't discuss Stuck in the Middle. We're merely providing our own interpretations which may really say more about us than about Mika. Just because he doesn't want to tell us what his meaning for the lyrics are it doesn't mean that we can't discuss what our meanings are. And even if our interpretation relates to things being revealed about Mika (e.g. bisexuality), it's fine if we remember that it's all hypothetical and he's going to neither confirm nor deny anything that we say about him.

The argument about whether SITM lyrics should be analyzed is the most bizarre and illogical we-need-to-respect-Mika's-privacy discussion yet.

If Mika didn't want people to know anything about the lyrics of SITM he wouldn't have recorded it and sold it to 5 million people. :doh:

I personally think this type of thread is okay and for the most part respectful enough not to be a threat to anyone. And I will have to add that my three favorite posts all came from lollipop_monkey....thank you for those. It does always depress me a bit that when the topic comes up on Mika's sexuality, most people here have only three possibilities....gay, straight, or bi. These three categories seem so limiting and senseless to me, but maybe that's how most of you think about sexuality...I don't know, I can't imagine.....

Pansexuality and Omnisexuality are so different, in my opinion, from Bisexuality. And then there is one of my favorites... PoMoSexuality (Post Modern sexuality), "persons who do not identify with any essentially-defined sexual label, and is used in reference to oneself as a protest against such labels." A personal label for those of us who don't like labels :naughty: Then there is the gender (society) vs the sex (biology) aspect of the whole sexuality piece. If I were to have a discussion of Mika's sexuality and which label to put on his forehead or which box I would stick him in, then I would want to have around 75-100 possible labels to choose from, not the three ones that seem to bore me to death. But since I don't like labels, I doubt I would be interested in that discussion anyway. I would rather have the world always open to endless possibilities, and the contents of all boxes dumped on the floor and mixed around a bit just for the fun of it. But, other than that, I really don't see a problem with the whole "being open to discussion" to those who make a "conscious" decision to do so. Thank you for asking.

Post of the night! very well put :biggrin2:

Yeah, Am-Sim-Wo sexuality - haven't you heard of it? :mf_rosetinted:

No, never heard of it but it fits me perfectly. Are you it's main proponent? :mf_rosetinted:

*sings*

Hey hey we're the MFC Monkeys! And we certainly don't monkey around!

Yep. We don't monkey around and no one should mess with us.

...unless they're Mika.

japan.jpg

The argument about whether SITM lyrics should be analyzed is the most bizarre and illogical we-need-to-respect-Mika's-privacy discussion yet.

If Mika didn't want people to know anything about the lyrics of SITM he wouldn't have recorded it and sold it to 5 million people. :doh:

It doesn't make any logical sense to me at all. He said 'I'm not going to publicly state the song's meaning' not 'you shouldn't discuss the song's meaning (and speculate about what it might mean about me)'. The latter seems especially ludicrious since if he didn't want the song's lyrics discussed he wouldn't have released it on his album. It's a bizarre viewpoint, that's for sure. :blink:

Wonder if it's too late to add monkey to my nick :sneaky2:

Kata, you're an honourary monkey. I'm sure Mika understands.

Yes, it's conclusive evidence. Who should inform the tabloids of this revelation, you or me? :mf_rosetinted:

Bah, why do their jobs for them? I vote we go hang out with Mika in London, and then when he can't resist the allure of 2x Monkeys, he'll break down and confess his monkey-sexual-ness. I wonder what "Out Magazine" would make of that...

It doesn't make any logical sense to me at all. He said 'I'm not going to publicly state the song's meaning' not 'you shouldn't discuss the song's meaning (and speculate about what it might mean about me)'. The latter seems especially ludicrious since if he didn't want the song's lyrics discussed he wouldn't have released it on his album. It's a bizarre viewpoint, that's for sure. :blink:

Exactly.

I think some people forget that they're not Mika sometimes...

My personal point of view is that we should be able to choose for ourselves what we want to discuss.. I don't like it that our choice is taken away from us when it comes to certain subjects.

I personally think this type of thread is okay and for the most part respectful enough not to be a threat to anyone. And I will have to add that my three favorite posts all came from lollipop_monkey....thank you for those. It does always depress me a bit that when the topic comes up on Mika's sexuality, most people here have only three possibilities....gay, straight, or bi. These three categories seem so limiting and senseless to me, but maybe that's how most of you think about sexuality...I don't know, I can't imagine.....

Pansexuality and Omnisexuality are so different, in my opinion, from Bisexuality. And then there is one of my favorites... PoMoSexuality (Post Modern sexuality), "persons who do not identify with any essentially-defined sexual label, and is used in reference to oneself as a protest against such labels." A personal label for those of us who don't like labels :naughty: Then there is the gender (society) vs the sex (biology) aspect of the whole sexuality piece. If I were to have a discussion of Mika's sexuality and which label to put on his forehead or which box I would stick him in, then I would want to have around 75-100 possible labels to choose from, not the three ones that seem to bore me to death. But since I don't like labels, I doubt I would be interested in that discussion anyway. I would rather have the world always open to endless possibilities, and the contents of all boxes dumped on the floor and mixed around a bit just for the fun of it. But, other than that, I really don't see a problem with the whole "being open to discussion" to those who make a "conscious" decision to do so. Thank you for asking.

You cast a new light on this thread. Well, I admit I didn't think about pansexuality or omnisexuality. So I kept myself informed about this. Thus I found Kindsey scale, if it can add something new on this thread I will be glad:mf_rosetinted: .

Nonetheless, I don't believe that you can reduce sexuality like that, putting it in some categories.

I repeat myself it just new information about sexuality in general ( I'm sure a lot of girls -who mentioned only straight bi and homosexual cases as I'm concerned- will appreciate). But it doesn't mean I shut up Mika in these categories!!!!

Rating Description

0 Exclusively heterosexual

1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual

4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

6 Exclusively homosexual

You cast a new light on this thread. Well, I admit I didn't think about pansexuality or omnisexuality. So I kept myself informed about this. Thus I found Kindsey scale, if it can add something new on this thread I will be glad:mf_rosetinted: .

Nonetheless, I don't believe that you can reduce sexuality like that, putting it in some categories.

I repeat myself it just new information about sexuality in general ( I'm sure a lot of girls -who mentioned only straight bi and homosexual cases as I'm concerned- will appreciate). But it doesn't mean I shut up Mika in these categories!!!!

Rating Description

6 Exclusively homosexual

Only six! Surely not!:mf_rosetinted:

Rating Description

6 Exclusively homosexual

this scale is to be checked post mortem?:naughty:

who can tell if I discover new habits when i'm older?:cool:

I know nothing about it. I am just repeating the words and actions of my betters. A bit like ....... a monkey?

You're doing a very good job of it. Who knows, you might be a closet Monkeysexual too.

Bah, why do their jobs for them? I vote we go hang out with Mika in London, and then when he can't resist the allure of 2x Monkeys, he'll break down and confess his monkey-sexual-ness. I wonder what "Out Magazine" would make of that...

A threesome is always a practical plan.

Only six! Surely not!

Lilmot mentioned 75 to 100 different labels, and even labels for people that don't like labels. Let's not limit ourselves now.

Wow! I'm glad to be able to have a serious chat about MIKA. Mika is a breath of fresh air. I think he has THE best attitude toward being himself and that he will never change who he is. You've got to admire someone like that. This just makes him more appealing to me as a person. As for his being gay, who cares? He's gorgeous, his music is awesome, and the curls, come on! Gay, straight, Bi - He's still MIKA. And I really don't think he's afraid of losing fans should he ever come out (IF he is gay). Fans who would be turned off by this are not really true fans (This is just my opinion, of course). I will always love who MIKA is no matter what. Thanks, I feel a whole lot better now.

Wow! I'm glad to be able to have a serious chat about MIKA. Mika is a breath of fresh air. I think he has THE best attitude toward being himself and that he will never change who he is. You've got to admire someone like that. This just makes him more appealing to me as a person. As for his being gay, who cares? He's gorgeous, his music is awesome, and the curls, come on! Gay, straight, Bi - He's still MIKA. And I really don't think he's afraid of losing fans should he ever come out (IF he is gay). Fans who would be turned off by this are not really true fans (This is just my opinion, of course). I will always love who MIKA is no matter what. Thanks, I feel a whole lot better now.

indeed:wub2:

mika here is just a case study for discuss major topics i suppose:cool:

As I said earlier we can't take random comments that Mika made when his career was barely in its infancy and apply it as gospel until the end of time.

I agree with that -- I'm sure his feelings about things change. And I believe

the quote where he says people have a right to ask about his sexuality is

several months old now, too, so he could have changed his feelings on

that by now as well.

I've yet to hear a Mika lyric and think "oh, wow, that's deep" that's something I reserve for the likes of Bob Dylan (on the contrary some of Mika's lyrics make me cringe like "I tried to live alone, but lonely is so lonely alone"

I cringe at that one as well. :blush-anim-cl:

I don't believe that his lyrics are strictly autobiographical, but some songs more than others reflect his personality (and not only his sexuality).

He's said on more than one occasion that he writes about people he

knows, so I'm sure many of his lyrics *aren't* autobiographical. I recall

once when he introduced Holy Johnny he said something to the effect of

that he almost felt sorry for all of his friends, since he was writing songs

about them, but, "tough s**t." :)

IS there a ban on talking about SitM? :blink:

That's news to me...

dcdeb

peek-a-boo !

thought i could take part in this soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo intersting thread treating something we never talked about before...

bye bye...

Quote. Of. The. Day.

:thumb_yello:

(that could SO be taken out of context...:das:)

{the message you have entered is too short. Please lenghten your message to at least 10 characters}