Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

Oh good, so now the newbies don't need to be put up against a wall and SHOT for asking the all elusive question, and so many do...

(newbie newest new Mika is all mine and not yours) says....."hi I'm new, so tell me ...is Mika gay"

Now they can go on the first page and see the score so far, IF in fact they can control the urge to just BLURT it out in their 1st post before reading anything at all :sneaky2:

(am I really interested? yeah I am but I won't die if we can't discuss it or if I never find out, i am sure I will still live, and still think Mika is wonderful and very talented...oh yeah...and sooooo pretty). :biggrin2:

Its impossible for me / us to satsify everyone here

We will never just close /attack a newbie .. Ive said right through the thread that we will PM them and fully explain:thumb_yello:

I also as stated a zillion times dont want it discussed .. but we have to balance

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*comes out of the woodwork*

I have been keeping up-to-date by randomly lurking here.. :bleh:

The way I see this is that at least 3 threads need to be created..

#1 'Mika's Sexuality Thread' (where we can post things he has said about it)

#2 'Mika's family life Thread' (self-explanatory)

#3 'What is Your opinion on Mika's sexuality thread' (including a poll)

Then we post some tasteful information at the start, because realistically, 2 -3 pages is as far as most people get before wanting to post something.. (a question or something they've heard) So let's make it interesting and informative so that people want to read it all the way through..

Then, because it has started in good taste, hopefully it stays that way..

Leading by example.. :wink2:

I may be way off with these suggestions but , hey.. it was worth a go :naughty:

and perhaps if the threads are run by Members such as Lollipop_Monkey, Scut Monkey and (we need another monkey) Niki27 or Christine, if they wanted to, then it will be member moderated :thumb_yello:saving the mods themselves from having to read through threads they are not particularly interested in (because you have that right because you are fans and people just like us) and when/if a problem arises, I'm sure the thread owner, like the ones I mentioned above, are capable of defusing it, or PMing a mod...

I see that we've finally made some progress. But perhaps we should wait to see what everyone else who isn't online at the moment thinks of this approach? Or at least not post a new thread until lollipop_monkey returns to do so since it was her idea and she made some productive suggestions for what the new thread should include? Regardless, we'll need to discuss a draft before anything is posted anyway?

I think lollipop_monkey did have some good ideas about how the thread

should start out, as did vixenbbw.

dcdeb

Draft "first post" content:

Ever since Mika first began to be noticed by the media in late 2006/early 2007, there has been some speculation regarding his sexual orientation. The media, in particular, have tried to determine whether Mika is gay, straight, or somewhere in between.

However, thus far Mika himself has made a point not to publicly discuss his sexuality or anything pertaining to that aspect of his personal life. He has (to date) never publicly announced anything regarding his sexuality, nor has he ever said anything publicly about any romantic relationships.

When asked about his sexuality, Mika has been very consistent in politely informing the interviewer that it's not a topic he wishes to discuss. Below are a few quotes from Mika himself on the subject:

In an interview posted on pinknews.co.uk in January 2007:

“I never talk about anything to do with my sexuality. I just don't think I need to. People ask me all the time. But I just don't see the point.”

In the July 2007 edition of Out Magazine:

"Anyone can label me, but I'm not willing to label myself”.

He then went on to refute the claim that he’s refusing to discuss the issue in order to sell more records:

“Anybody who says that I don't talk about sexuality or that I don't politically sexualize my music because of taboos, because of being afraid of [not] selling records, is completely wrong. I've made a record that doesn't compromise in any way what I'm allowed or not allowed to say in my lyrics.”

In June 2007, when the topic came up on CBS Logo:

“I get asked it all the time, everyday. People have a right to ask it and I have a right to answer it in a way that I feel is appropriate.”

Despite Mika’s position that he won’t discuss the subject, however, some people are still curious. Many people have their own thoughts and opinions. This thread is a space for sharing those opinions. In addition, people might have questions, or want clarification. Perhaps you read the interview in Out Magazine and are wondering what is meant by “post-gay”. Feel free to ask that in this thread.

Before posting, however, please note:

1) That no one is going to suddenly have a moment, based on something Mika said/did in an interview/at a performance, where instantly all questions regarding his sexuality are undeniably answered. Unless Mika changes his position and chooses to publicly discuss his sexuality, we can guess and we can speculate, but will never truly know. All we have are personal opinions – there is no “proof”.

2) It’s perfectly okay to have questions or to not have much background knowledge regarding the varied topic of human sexuality. However, this is not the place for comments that are blatantly derogatory to any person or any sexual orientation. The purpose of this thread is to share ideas and to learn, not to judge.

3) This is a moderated forum, and like all other content posted on this site, this thread will be moderated. However, if everyone takes a moment to consider their comments before posting, we will avoid the situations which require our moderators to step in. The last thing we want is for this thread to be closed due to inappropriate comments.

4) Despite the fact that it’s very easy to feel as though this site is our own little private oasis, it is, however, a public site that anyone (journalists, Mika’s friends, even Mika himself) can access.

For better or worse, sexuality is a topic that is regularly discussed in today’s world – from changing definitions and boundaries, to various countries debating the legality of aspects pertaining to non-heterosexual relationships. Therefore, we’ve taken the approach that we will have this space for discussion. However, this is a Mika Fan Forum, and for many Mika fans, it is ultimately about his music. Because of this, discussion of the subject will be restricted to this particular thread. We ask that our members avoid creating additional threads on the topic.

So, that said – feel free to join in the discussion!

I hope Mika is gay, he's really cute!

Priceless :biggrin2:

:naughty:We'll give you 2 days S2, and then you'll be saying "I don't care":mf_rosetinted: . And then 2 days after that, you'll be ready to speculate again and then 2 days after that you'll be starting a poll about censorship, and then .....so on and so on...

I love him.. so... :D

...I hope hes gay... :D

I don't care, but I hope he is :D

I think that's cute. :wink2:

You're far from the only one who says "I hope Mika is <this orientation> so that I have a chance at running off with him!"

No harm in that line of thinking at all, IMHO. Although for me, he could like cucumbers and I'll still daydream about him. :bleh:

I Don't Care. :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

dcdeb

:yay:

well I care....but I'm eating and it's impolite to post with your mouth full :bleh:

I read it quickly and liked it, but I'm gonna have to read it again and think a bit more before I comment further :fisch: