Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful, I just may start an "I DO care about dcdeb's sexuality" thread. I suspect the thread will lean in the direction of Mickey Mouse...:roftl:

Uh oh. Someone's been reading my myspace page... :shocked:

I should have been more careful about that...

What is it called? When you have a thing for plush characters?

Isn't there a name for it...? Someone here MUST know! :wink2:

Speaking of which... Deb and I shared a double bed in Glasgow... :roftl: :roftl:

Oh, great! NOW you've done it! What happened to, "What happens

in Glasgow STAYS in Glasgow," huh? :blush-anim-cl:

We did have a good time, though, didn't we? :das:

dcdeb

Uh oh. Someone's been reading my myspace page... :shocked:

I should have been more careful about that...

What is it called? When you have a thing for plush characters?

Isn't there a name for it...? Someone here MUST know! :wink2:

Ears. It must be the ears. :naughty:

Oh, great! NOW you've done it! What happened to, "What happens

in Glasgow STAYS in Glasgow," huh? :blush-anim-cl:

We did have a good time, though, didn't we? :das:

dcdeb

Sorry... :roftl: It was SUCH an open door... :das:

dcdeb - furry?

EnFa -- are you calling me furry? No, not really, I'm very American in

that I shave my legs and armpits... so not too furry. :thumb_yello:

Oh! You mean my plush character obsession? Hmmm... I thought there

was a term that someone mentioned... when they were talking about Mika's

animal costumes. That there is a term for someone who's into that sort

of thing... maybe it'll come back to me...

OK, now seriously...

lollipop_monkey has her draft on the table... it's very well-written,

but she's asking for input.

I think it might be a bit too long for the attention span of the

average new person eager to start posting,

but I'm not sure what to trim...

I need to think on it some more, and also hear what some others have

to say.

And did I mention this earlier? I know I told you about deano working

on adding the section to discuss Mika's lyrics/music... but did I also

tell you that we'll be updating Yop's Mika FAQ and working that into

the PM that newcomers get, as well as making it a sticky post? I've

started and then deleted so many posts on this thread, I've forgotten

what I actually did post... :boxed:

Plus I think I'm still stunned over the fact that something as mundane

as *eating* has kept Kata from posting immediately! :shocked:

dcdeb

EnFa -- are you calling me furry? No, not really, I'm very American in

that I shave my legs and armpits... so not too furry. :thumb_yello:

Oh! You mean my plush character obsession? Hmmm... I thought there

was a term that someone mentioned... when they were talking about Mika's

animal costumes. That there is a term for someone who's into that sort

of thing... maybe it'll come back to me...

dcdeb

They're called furries :doh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

... Some is worse than others.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Well that solves the Mika's sexuality question once and for all doesn't it!

He's a Furry.

He's so into it. The sexshow and everything.

Hmm... I guess that was it, then. I thought it was

some more scientific-sounding word...

Furry. Hmmph. :bleh:

dcdeb

Haha. Wouldn't it be just a bit weird, if I'd asked you wether you were furry/hairy or not? People nowadays :naughty:

Well?

According to Sarie he'd rather have tea then sex..

That sounds like Boy George who said the same as a deflection tactic - bet he borrowed it off him!

I realise there are about 100 pages after the one I'm reading and what I think is probably sooooooooo yesterday, but I'll say it anyway....

I think Mika is far too intelligent and astute about the pop business not to realise what the effect of not discussing his sexuality is. I think he's postioned himself really cleverly - by not confirming what he is, it allows space for everyone to daydream but by inviting conjecture through his lyrics, style, who he hangs out with in showbiz etc etc then it isn't going to be that much of a surprise when he finally comes out. I would guess a lot of people will think 'oh well, we kind of knew anyway..' He isn't really hiding anything so he keeps his integrity, but he isn't saying anything either so he keeps a bit of privacy which must make it a lot easier on him and any partner at present.

I think the truly interesting and surprising thing is no-one's definitely outed him yet one way or the other (as far as I know). That really says that he must be a great judge of character and pick his friends and partners really well. Good for him x a million!! God knows how he's stopped Perez Hilton, but even more good for hims! Whatever he is I really hope he's not Perezzexual - no, Mika, no, you can do so much better!!! :no:

Just about the lyrics - RR suggest bi-sexuality too - 'I was sitting on the fence / and I thought that I would kiss you'.

I hope he's really happy and enjoying life and love with whoever...

xx

They're called furries :doh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

... Some is worse than others.

Well that solves the Mika's sexuality question once and for all doesn't it!

He's a Furry.

He's so into it. The sexshow and everything.

Haha. Wouldn't it be just a bit weird, if I'd asked you wether you were furry/hairy or not? People nowadays :naughty:

Yeah he's fooling NOBODY by saying those costumes are skank.

The only skank there are the skank of the animals. :naughty: You so didn't get that.

He's very bad at lying.

So, shouldn't we all go into that furry stuff?

http://www.nataliedee.com/030603/teapot.jpg

Does anyone remember the TBA program where he made Mequita put the gorilla head on and he stood behind her running his hands over her furry head??

She kept asking what he was doing to her!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgh-Qixmloo

Oh, and there's this photo of him holding Cherisse in the headless monkey costume!

img_3310.jpg

Hmm... I guess that was it, then. I thought it was

some more scientific-sounding word...

Furry. Hmmph. :bleh:

dcdeb

So...If Mika is a furry...what he was doing to 'bunny'/cherisse at Centre Stage, Atlanta DVD...is yiffing???:shocked: And I thought it was a simple game!! :naughty:

hey people, here someone is telling me...Mika's specs...At Graham Norton, it was the camera guy (Andy or however he's called) the person who were wearing them!! :rolleyes: That sharing of accesories is really curious... http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=948764&postcount=158

he drinks a lot of water currently...he says that. So the herpes it's a possibility...like a lot of people have herpes in this world...not judging at all

he drinks a lot of water currently...he says that. So the herpes it's a possibility...like a lot of people have herpes in this world...not judging at all

:roftl::roll1::lol3::lmao:

OMG... can't.... breathe... That was just soo random of you Romi!!!! :naughty:

:roftl::roll1::lmao:

OMG... can't.... breathe... That was just soo random of you Romi!!!! :naughty:

I know...nothing to do with this thread...:roftl: :roftl: Have you seen the link?? I wrote it with reference to that...

but the rest of the posts were soooo boring....and I remembered Mika said somewhere that he wanted to rest and drink a lot of water for his skin :naughty:

I know...nothing to do with this thread... Have you seen the link?? I wrote it with reference to that...

but the rest of the posts were soooo boring....and I remembered Mika said somewhere that he wanted to rest and drink a lot of water for his skin :naughty:

....And because he's vain:mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

*checks out link* :blink: furrymuck?? :roftl::lol3::roftl:

I know...nothing to do with this thread...:roftl: :roftl: Have you seen the link?? I wrote it with reference to that...

Actually people drink water in order to live :blink::harp:

I can feel everyone groaning as I add to this thread yet again, ha. Anyway, I just wanted to finish up with a few things:

Well, I just read this and had to reply. Personally I would be crush if he turned out to be gay just because I secretly believe that one day he will meet me and then we'll get married. Stupid, I know, but that's what a fan girl is all about. But I don't think he is gay, I have a strong feeling that he is bisexual. I saw in an interview that he said you could sorta tell his sexually through his CD and songs. Well on one end there is Grace Kelly which we kinda get the idea it's about a girl and on the other end there is Billy Brown who has an affair with a man and then has another affair with a woman. So...yeah.

Even though I am made uncomfortable when people want to discuss Mika's sexuality in detail and pull out "proofs" because I feel that tends to become invasive, I think the post above is nice and respectful, and that kind of thing I don't mind seeing. The poster briefly expresses her views of what she thinks Mika is, gives some explanation of why she thinks so, but does not attempt to "prove" anything or delve too much into Mika's personal business. I would also like to say that I see nothing homophobic about her saying she'd be "crushed" if Mika were gay--that's no different from saying she'd be crushed if he got a girlfriend.

I also think that if we are going to have discussion on this topic, we should be careful with accusations of homophobia. Some of us feel like the "we don't care!" bit often gets used like an attack to shut down statement of possibilities that people may not want to hear. But I think sometimes we use the whole "it's homophobic!" thing in the same way. No one complains when the rare boy on this board says "I'll be crushed if Mika's straight, I want to have a chance" do they? Let's play fair on both sides here.

Don't agree. IMO the question is:

- Should we have a delimited place where people can collectively stick their nose into that aspect of MIKA's life but under control of down-to-earth people.

OR

- Should we pretend noone cares and the question will never be mentionned again and open the door to individual speculations dissiminated on the whole forum.

That's a bit of a false dichotomy. Surely there'd be nothing preventing us from stating that while we MAY in fact care, we choose to follow Mika's lead as far as discussion goes and not sticking our nose into that aspect of Mika's life?

Though I have no problems with lollipop_monkey's proposed thread idea.

Draft "first post" content:

I really like everything lollipop_monkey wrote; I think it'd make a great first post. I also don't think it's too long--both because I think it presents useful information, and also since I, myself, am not too enthused about people discussing Mika's orientation, I wouldn't mind if the overload of info intimidated/bored newbies into not bothering to talk about it. :mf_rosetinted:

My one suggestion:

1) That no one is going to suddenly have a moment, based on something Mika said/did in an interview/at a performance, where instantly all questions regarding his sexuality are undeniably answered. Unless Mika changes his position and chooses to publicly discuss his sexuality, we can guess and we can speculate, but will never truly know. All we have are personal opinions – there is no “proof”.

I think this should be revised slightly into something more like this:

1) As things now stand, discussion of the subject is unlikely to lead to a "moment of truth" where all questions regarding his sexuality are undeniably answered. Unless Mika changes his position and chooses to publicly discuss his sexuality, we can guess and we can speculate, but will never truly know. All we have are personal opinions – there is no “proof”.

The reason for the revision is just that despite having no concrete "proof," questioning new fans are probably going to arrive at their own conclusions through discussion, and a personal "moment"--where all questions as far as that person is concerned are answered--is in fact quite probable. The wording of the original is a bit militant in the "No one is going to have a moment!!" tone.

It might also be good to add that IF anyone comes across any private information on the subject, we should in fact respect Mika's privacy and not disclose it. Unless... people disagree? What should our policy be on "Actually, I went to school with Mika and he was dating so-and-so at the time"? I mean, I would be against disclosing such stuff, but others may not be.

--Jack