2007 - The Graham Norton Show on 20th December

babspanky

Oooh i didnt mean i didnt like that part! I just wrote it very poorly :naughty: i loved the whole Mika/MFC chat....and the look on my mates faces :blink: they thought i was obsessed but now...well its another story :naughty:

Yeah, your poor friends - you're outed! :mf_rosetinted:

LOL!

Well i thought Saranaydes and Cherisses make-up was awesome but i could hear some people thought differently, there were a couple of people sitting behind me discussing the band, and i heard some snooty voice say 'uh that girl has far too much make-up on' .....i felt like turning round and saying, 'WELL YOU CLEARLY DONT HAVE ENOUGH ON!' :naughty: but then i realised that would be kind of rude as everybody is entitled to an opinion lol

I remembered something else earlier today...

During Mikas first perfomance, he threw in one of his jumps. When he'd finished Graham said he loved it and asked if Mika was good at sports back when he was at school and Mika just laughed and said 'NO! i was short and fat', then everybody laughed and he said all shy 'its not funny!' LOL awww he looked so cute!

And they didn't show that version of Relax I don't think, did they?

LOL!

Well i thought Saranaydes and Cherisses make-up was awesome but i could hear some people thought differently, there were a couple of people sitting behind me discussing the band, and i heard some snooty voice say 'uh that girl has far too much make-up on' .....i felt like turning round and saying, 'WELL YOU CLEARLY DONT HAVE ENOUGH ON!' :naughty: but then i realised that would be kind of rude as everybody is entitled to an opinion lol

I didn't think there was anything wrong with their makeup either!

If anything I quite like the dramatic effect of it for a stage thing- not for RL though :naughty:...

I have an interesting comment to make about Saranayde though. My "non Mika fan RL friend" who came with us made a comment about her,which was totally spontaneous and unprovoked.

He'd never seen Mika or the band, so when they finished he said that he'd really liked the song, he liked Mika and thought he was a bit "geeky" (said in a good way, not in a bitchy way!), and then he launched into a description of how Saranayde was majorly annoying.

He said that she was dancing too "hyper" for what the music was like, that she was clearly trying to attract way too much attention to herself (and detracting it from Mika) and generally that she just came across like "too much" and too full on. Something about how she was putting it on too much, and totally being out of synch with everyone else and just going on about her own showcasing.

He loved Cherisse though, saying that she had "something" and that she totally did it for him.

The funny thing is that he's a straight guy so nobody can use that old (and majorly stupid IMO) "jealousy because of her closeness to Mika" card that has been used in the MFC before when someone dared criticize Saranayde, and he loved Cherisse....He has NO interest in Mika whatsoever and was only giving his objective take on things.

I thought that I'd drop it in here :biggrin2:.

I totally agree with him btw. And this is in no way an attack on her, in fact I think that she seems lovely off stage, but her stage persona majorly annoys me as I also find that she tries to shine herself and just showcase HER and not do things as a band member that she is.

This girl needs to launch her solo career pronto or there will be tears in Mikaworld, I can see that coming. The battle of the divas:roftl:

I remembered something else earlier today...

During Mikas first perfomance, he threw in one of his jumps. When he'd finished Graham said he loved it and asked if Mika was good at sports back when he was at school and Mika just laughed and said 'NO! i was short and fat', then everybody laughed and he said all shy 'its not funny!' LOL awww he looked so cute!

omg seriously!? :roftl: bless him.. ha ha.. i don't feel so bad about being crap in sports now :naughty:

and then he launched into a description of how Saranayde was majorly annoying.

He said that she was dancing too "hyper" for what the music was like, that she was clearly trying to attract way too much attention to herself (and detracting it from Mika) and generally that she just came across like "too much" and too full on. Something about how she was putting it on too much, and totally being out of synch with everyone else and just going on about her own showcasing.

I totally agree with him btw. And this is in no way an attack on her, in fact I think that she seems lovely off stage, but her stage persona majorly annoys me as I also find that she tries to shine herself and just showcase HER and not do things as a band member that she is.

This girl needs to launch her solo career pronto or there will be tears in Mikaworld, I can see that coming. The battle of the divas:roftl:

i feel the exact same way! i think she should open for mika....doing her little solo thing. and then just be a back-up singer with mika.

she does have a great voice, and her make-up looked very nice.

My hubby hasn't shown much of an opinion about Mika except that he has lost me most nights to this MFC! But I must admit he launched into a tirade about Saranayde on GN. Didn't like her and doesn't think she fits in!

If anything I quite like the dramatic effect of it for a stage thing- not for RL though :naughty:...

I have an interesting comment to make about Saranayde though. My "non Mika fan RL friend" who came with us made a comment about her,which was totally spontaneous and unprovoked.

He'd never seen Mika or the band, so when they finished he said that he'd really liked the song, he liked Mika and thought he was a bit "geeky" (said in a good way, not in a bitchy way!), and then he launched into a description of how Saranayde was majorly annoying.

He loved Cherisse though, saying that she had "something" and that she totally did it for him.

The funny thing is that he's a straight guy so nobody can use that old (and majorly stupid IMO) "jealousy because of her closeness to Mika" card that has been used in the MFC before when someone dared criticize Saranayde, and he loved Cherisse....He has NO interest in Mika whatsoever and was only giving his objective take on things.

I thought that I'd drop it in here :biggrin2:.

The battle of the divas!:naughty:

It’s interesting to read your point of view or your friends in this case.

When I saw the little clip on You Tube I could definitely see that she moved a lot, but it was of course way to short to make me have an adequate opinion, but a short thought went through my mind. Why does she do so much dancing?:wink2:

I have only seen her on stage one time so far, in Stockholm.

And to be honest, I’m afraid on that occasion, I only had eyes for Mika he clearly owned the stage!:wub2:

When I saw the little clip on You Tube I could definitely see that she moved a lot, but it was of course way to short to make me have an adequate opinion, but a short thought went through my mind. Why does she do so much dancing?:wink2:

And to be honest, I’m afraid on that occasion, I only had eyes for Mika he clearly owned the stage!:wub2:

it's quite hard to not do any dancing to mika's music :naughty: and it must be quite hard for her though to find something to do as she's not the entertainer, she doesn't play an instrument so she needs to find some way to not seem so boring, yeah her performances can be a bit OTT but hey hoe :fisch: lol

See,the thing is, when they showed the song on tv they did a lot of close-ups on Mika, his face, etc...which left the band members out, so it wasn't easy to see this.

When we were sitting there we were watching the full picture, and it was very apparent then, because we saw the whole band all the time. There were no "Mika solos" as it was the whole group in front of us all the time, which is why I think it just dawned on us.:wink2:

This was way more extreme than I have ever seen her in any actual gigs (where I still don't like much more than her duets with M, which I must say I LOVE, but when she's doing the "backing" I find her too much too often).

That's exactly what I mean: I really like her singing and think that she's got an amazing voice and stage persona. It's just that I find that she doesn't cut it as a backup singer because she clearly doesn't like being that (IMO!).

Ah and my partner also likes Cherisse, but he thinks that there's something about Saranayde that doesn't "seem right" and that she doesn't fit in with the band and with Mika.

Anyway, each to their own and all that, and in no way am I trying to go on a "let's hate and attack her" movement, far from my intention.

All I want is to post my honest opinion, and to express how I (and my friend + partner) feel about the issue. To me, she would need to tone her performance down to actually fit in with the rest of the "band". Because that's why they are a band ;oP

LOL, same here. When all that Saranayde criticism came up I totally didn't get it. Neither did I notice anything annoying, strange or too forward about her when I saw them at the gigs in Germany. So she was there, sang and danced (okay her solo on the M was a little bit hysteric for my taste but I didn't think it was her, I just found the song or whatever that was a bit ...hm...), Mika was there and so it was aaall good. :biggrin2:

But I have to admit in the recent TV appearances she comes across a little bit redundant and yes, annoying, too. But I actually don't think that her appearances, however self-important they may seem, are necessarily linked to her personality. I have never heard her talk, I have no idea how she is like and maybe she just tries to do her best, which is admittedly a bit much at times. And come on - letting her hold the bass during the Wetten dass performance, that was just a silly idea.

I think that it's not that she does so much dancing that bugs me, I find that ok, but it's the fact that it's so OTT and "hyper" and just seems unnatural and like it doesn't go with the music.

As I said, to me this particular performance was worse than I've ever seen her- except for the ridiculous bass "playing" performance :naughty: and the way she prances around to the Mika-Cherisse drum fight after Love Today, getting in the way of any pic or video:thumbdown:...as if it's not hard enough to get decent ones considering how much Curly moves :roftl:!!

And they didn't show that version of Relax I don't think, did they?

nope, they may have shown a few shots in there but they definately showed the second perfomance because they missed out all the good moves ! and they didnt show the bum wiggle he and Saranayde did! and there was no excuse for that as he did it twice lol he messed up the ending on the second one too, you know where he crosses his legs and flops his arm over his head? that bit

If anything I quite like the dramatic effect of it for a stage thing- not for RL though

I thought that I'd drop it in here

I can definately see why everybody thinks she's OTT and well....she is lol but i dont really mind her, probably cos i never pay much attention to her unless they're singing missionary man cos thats awesome!!

Mika and her seem to get on really well, you could see it when the cameras were off them having a little giggle and Mika going to her when he got embarrassed.I think they'll be alright....for now :naughty:

I forgot about the short and fat bit! When everyone laughed and he said "it's not funnyyy!!! :blink:" he looked soooo sweet :blush-anim-cl:

wasnt it so sweet :blush-anim-cl:

omg seriously!? bless him.. ha ha.. i don't feel so bad about being crap in sports now :naughty:

you should D :mf_rosetinted:

LOL!!!

Hmmm, interesting, about Saranayde, Ive spoken to her a few times after gigs and she is always really sweet and very nice about pics and stuff, on stage I have to admit that I really concentrate on Mika so she doesn't really get in the way too much for me, and I guess I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and putting it down to wanting to give it her all because if she just stood there and sang I am sure she would get comments about not joining in enough so not fitting in because of that too. So for now I don't see any problem with her, she doest play an instrument so I guess she HAS to do something while all the action is going on.

I'll keep an eye on it though.

I can definately see why everybody thinks she's OTT and well....she is lol but i dont really mind her, probably cos i never pay much attention to her unless they're singing missionary man cos thats awesome!!

Mika and her seem to get on really well, you could see it when the cameras were off them having a little giggle and Mika going to her when he got embarrassed.I think they'll be alright....for now :naughty:

I didn't notice her at all in Brixton. If he'd left Missionary Man off the setlist I wouldn't even know she existed if it weren't for all the fuss on the board when she first arrived on the scene.

I know what Sariflor means about the out of sync dancing from TV and YouTube clips and I think it's funny that she's got a lot of bad Mika moves. It's as if she imitating him because you can't believe she is incapable of dancing better than that. :naughty:

But I still see her as very much in the background and don't think she's trying to draw attention to herself. It might help though if Mika would hire 2 or 3 singers if he wants them to be dancers as well. She doesn't have much else to do hanging out there on her own with no instrument.

I didn't notice her at all in Brixton. If he'd left Missionary Man off the setlist I wouldn't even know she existed if it weren't for all the fuss on the board when she first arrived on the scene.

I know what Sariflor means about the out of sync dancing from TV and YouTube clips and I think it's funny that she's got a lot of bad Mika moves. It's as if she imitating him because you can't believe she is incapable of dancing better than that. :naughty:

But I still see her as very much in the background and don't think she's trying to draw attention to herself. It might help though if Mika would hire 2 or 3 singers if he wants them to be dancers as well. She doesn't have much else to do hanging out there on her own with no instrument.

Seriously, it would be so boring to just stand there, I like watching her dance, she seems likes she's having the time of her life!:punk:

Does anyone know if the cooldown will be aired????!!! I noticed that Graham didn't mention it at the end of the show. He just said about the Christmas special next week.

I was curious about the herpes conversation,lol

Mika looked gorgeous,btw!!:wub2:

I don't think it's on! It's not advertised!

:doh: It's her job and she's just having fun doing it!! We should all get up and dance around a little..... maybe the world would be a happier place, you know???? :harp:

not little...that's why i find her very annoying to me........

she's even get hyper than mika....:mf_rosetinted: