Mika art in Belgian museum!

Droopsy

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I might have found an opening date? But I'm not sure though...

It's not only Rock'n roll!

advalvas_3421.gifDans l'ambiance du festival d'été, l'exposition It's not only Rock'n roll! traitera du lien indéniable qui existe entre les arts graphiques et la musique. Des artistes/musiciens tels que David Bowie, Andy Warhol, Lou Reed et Yoko Ono, mais aussi des artistes actuels comme Antony and the Johnsons, The Kills, Pete Doherty, et Chicks on Speed franchissent fréquemment la frontière entre les deux disciplines. L'exposition rassemble des oeuvres d'art de groupes et de musiciens des années 1970 jusqu'à aujourd'hui, pour qui l'art plastique est une source d'inspiration supplémentaire dans le processus créatif. L'objectif est de montrer le côté artistique méconnu de plusieurs groupes rock et pop célèbres, et d'offrir un regard sur la manière dont art graphique et musique se complètent.

17/06/08

http://logerjeune.be/spip.php?page=site&id_syndic_article=25〈=fr

Translation: (don't shoot me, I'm not good at French!!!:bleh: )

With the festival atmosphere in summer, the expo 'it's not only rock-n-roll!" will show the undeniable bond that exists between graphic arts and music. Artists/musicians such as David Bowie, Andy Warhol, Lou Reed and Yoko Ono, but also some of the new artists like Antony and the Johnsons, The Kills, Pete Doherty, and Chicks on Speed (and mika of course!!!!!) frequently cross the border between those two disciplines. The exposure gathers art of bands and musicians from the 70's till today, that consider visual art as an additional source of inspiration in the creative process. The objective is to show the ignored artistic side from several famous rock'n'roll and pop bands and to offer a glance in how graphical art and music complement each other.

I found it on this type of calendar thing for stuff to do in Brussels so... yeah maybe!:thumb_yello:

mwahahaha I thought you didn't speak French at all :naughty: the translation is very much ok!!

but why don't they mention mika?? :blink:

Oh well, depending on what part of Belgium you're at, people don't know mika that well, + some people don't think that much of Mika, there's a lot of negative responses from the public towards mika related stuff so well...

On another site with the info about the expo, there were people writing stuff like that he shouldn't be in that expo at all as well.... Oh what do we care what they think! hihi

And well, I don't speak french... that's the deal.. but this text wasn't that hard hihi

This isn't good news for me though, I wished they opened in july. The date is the last day I have to work at my internship, and from then on I have my thesis and exams!!!! NOOOOOOOO:thumbdown: :shocked: I think I might skip that last day... I'll work way too many hours anyway:thumbdown:

I can't tell yet if the date is good for me...

hmm yeah I think over here there are a lot of people who don't know him either, or at least they don't know about his art

yeah well anyway, it's still not an official date... I find it weird that such a site would have the date info before the offical site releases dates:blink:

We'll just have to be patient I guess :naughty:

yeah well anyway, it's still not an official date... I find it weird that such a site would have the date info before the offical site releases dates:blink:

We'll just have to be patient I guess :naughty:

that's okay, we're used to it :naughty:

wow this really sounds great! if it's half as good as the one in London then it should be just wonerful =] I hope it's when I have holiday.. and maybe I could persuade my dad to come with me as he always goes to Brussels.. hmmm... i shall see *rubs hands together evily*

thanks for posting!

edit: bugger it's on a school day, and i'll prob have exams :sad: ooh i hope i finish them before that date!! grr

It seems def now, I also found these dates: 17/06/2008 - 07/09/2008

They all link back to the official site but I really can't find them there... oh well:wink2:

http://www.brusselsinternational.be/wabxlint/components/advalvas/index.jsp?section=V&cm=7&cy=2008&dm=6&dy=2008

It’s not only Rock’n roll!

advalvas_3421.gif Volledig in de sfeer van de festivalzomer staat It’s not only Rock’n roll! op het programma. Deze tentoonstelling behandelt de onmiskenbare link tussen beeldende kunsten en muziek. Kunstenaars/muzikanten als David Bowie, Andy Warhol, Lou Reed en Yoko Ono, maar ook hedendaagse artiesten als Antony and the Johnsons, The Kills, Pete Doherty, en Chicks on Speed overschrijden steeds opnieuw de grenzen tussen beide disciplines. De tentoonstelling verzamelt kunstwerken van groepen en muzikanten van de jaren ‘70 tot nu, voor wie visuele kunst een extra inspiratie is in het creatieve proces. Doel is het tonen van de onbekende artistieke kant van een aantal populaire rock- en popgroepen, en tegelijk een inzicht te bieden in hoe beeldende kunst en muziek onderling verbonden zijn. 17/06/2008 - 07/09/2008

http://www.bozar.be

It seems def now, I also found these dates: 17/06/2008 - 07/09/2008

They all link back to the official site but I really can't find them there... oh well:wink2:

http://www.brusselsinternational.be/wabxlint/components/advalvas/index.jsp?section=V&cm=7&cy=2008&dm=6&dy=2008

It’s not only Rock’n roll!

advalvas_3421.gif Volledig in de sfeer van de festivalzomer staat It’s not only Rock’n roll! op het programma. Deze tentoonstelling behandelt de onmiskenbare link tussen beeldende kunsten en muziek. Kunstenaars/muzikanten als David Bowie, Andy Warhol, Lou Reed en Yoko Ono, maar ook hedendaagse artiesten als Antony and the Johnsons, The Kills, Pete Doherty, en Chicks on Speed overschrijden steeds opnieuw de grenzen tussen beide disciplines. De tentoonstelling verzamelt kunstwerken van groepen en muzikanten van de jaren ‘70 tot nu, voor wie visuele kunst een extra inspiratie is in het creatieve proces. Doel is het tonen van de onbekende artistieke kant van een aantal populaire rock- en popgroepen, en tegelijk een inzicht te bieden in hoe beeldende kunst en muziek onderling verbonden zijn. 17/06/2008 - 07/09/2008

http://www.bozar.be

So it's untill September? that's nice :roftl: I can't go the 17th of June but I can go an other day :roftl:

• 2 weeks later...
Okay another little update, it seems the dates I gave were correct and now I know the prices as well:

€7 per ticket:thumb_yello:

http://www.agenda.be/nl/Event/169257/it-s-not-only-rock-n-roll-baby.rvb

!not open on a monday!

Thank you!!! :huglove:

Do you know if you have to order tickets or if you can just go there and buy them? :wink2:

7 Euro is not too much, that's great!

Thank you!!! :huglove:

Do you know if you have to order tickets or if you can just go there and buy them? :wink2:

7 Euro is not too much, that's great!

Normally you can just go there and buy it at the entrance. Maybe they planned something different for the opening I dunno yet... Could be of course... But they won't be expecting a group of mfc'ers of course :naughty:

UPDATE: Prices

€7 per ticket:thumb_yello:

http://www.agenda.be/nl/Event/169257/it-s-not-only-rock-n-roll-baby.rvb

!not open on a monday!

--------------------------

UPDATE: dates:

17/06/2008 - 07/09/2008

--------------------------

Different sources, nothing on the official museum site yet though, or maybe I'm not looking properly. This is the site of the museum

Rock Werchter is a Belgian rock festival by the way

Van wei naar museum

BRUSSEL - Rock Werchter en Bozar werken volgende zomer samen. Ze inviteren popmuzikanten die ook actief zijn als beeldend kunstenaar. 'Het zal vooroordelen helpen wegwerken', zegt Herman Schueremans.

De zomertentoonstelling bij Bozar heet It's not only rock-'n-roll en vaart onder de vlag '33 jaar Rock Werchter'. Brussel krijgt grote namen uit de rockscene over de vloer.

Van Patti Smith, Brian Eno of Yoko Ono was het dubbeltalent al in de jaren zeventig bekend. Maar ook voor de jongere generatie popmuzikanten dient kunst wel eens als springplank. Antony is een veelgevraagd performer. Pete Doherty stelde vorig jaar zijn bloedtekeningen tentoon.

De Franse curator Jerôme Sans, zelf lid van een rockband, tekent het parcours uit in het Paleis voor Schone Kunsten. Elk van de twintig deelnemers krijgt een eigen ruimte. Zijn verder van de partij: David Bowie, Ron Wood, Mika, Graham Coxon van Blur en Björk.

Het initiatief ging uit van Rock Werchter, maar de samenwerking met Bozar is nog niet helemaal rond. Dat hoeft niet te verbazen, want het festivalcircuit speelt veel korter op de bal.

Herman Schueremans: 'Dit project ligt in het verlengde van AmuseeVous, de actie waarmee we drie jaar na elkaar de festivalbezoekers ook naar de musea kregen. We gaan dit keer een stap verder. De tentoonstelling moet alle vooroordelen en blinddoeken helpen afgooien, en jongeren ook een culturele burcht als Bozar binnenloodsen.'

Bij de expositie horen performances en unplugged concerten. Schueremans: 'Het zou jammer zijn om de zaal van Bozar in de zomer onbenut te laten. En popartiesten werken in de festivalperiode toch alleen in de weekends.'

De tentoonstelling wil niet zomaar teren op de naamsbekendheid van de artiesten.

Johan Van Steenkiste, directeur tentoonstellingen bij Bozar: 'We gaan niet de gitaar van Ron Wood of andere memorabilia exposeren. Voor veel popmuzikanten was kunst de eerste uitlaatklep. Ze hebben geen muzikale, maar een artistieke opleiding gehad. Bij hen is de affiniteit tussen de twee disciplines frappant. De spirit van de rockcultuur sluipt binnen in hun beeldend werk.'

----------------------------------

Translation

BRUSSEL - Rock Werchter and Bozar are working together next summer. They're inviting pop musicians who are also active as artists.

The summer expo in Bozar is called: It's not only rock-'n-roll and has been created for the 33 years existence of rock werchter. ........

Each of the 20 participants get an own room(!!!!). Other artists include David Bowie, Ron Wood, Mika, Graham Coxon van Blur en Björk.

The initiative comes from rock werchter but the collaboration with bozar isn't finished yet......

The expo also needs performances and unplugged concerts.

Schueremans: 'It would be a shame to not use the venue of Bozar in summer. Pop artists only work in weekends anyway during the festival period.'

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/detail.aspx?artikelId=KL1LV7SE

other sites with same info:

http://www.maks.be/nieuws.php?id=7553

http://www.vrtnieuws.net/cm/vrtnieuws.net/cultuurmedia/muziek/1.224391

Thank you SO much:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
yessssssssssss!!! august's on!!! *does little dance* :yay:

now the tricky part is how to convince hubby to absolutely make a detour from denmark to france THROUGH brussel... :blink: I'll find out smt :biggrin2:

Tell him I'm dying to meet you? :naughty: