Mark Ronson thinks Mika will win Best Solo Male

andi

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you all with full consciousness !!?

He said Mika is gonna win, then he is a genius ????

He is just a person doing Bad Cover Version

and he's got no talent at all

if Mika is gonna win cos he's been doing things on his own will, and he should do it without any proof from those haves or haven'ts !!!! just do it for himself !

And he belongs in the shaggable pile.

Yes, and right on top too. Let's face it, Mika is never going to put out.

Marky baby is up for it. I can feel it. :das:

are you all with full consciousness !!?

He said Mika is gonna win, then he is a genius ????

He is just a person doing Bad Cover Version

and he's got no talent at all

My comment had nothing to do with what he said about Mika.

Have you heard Amy Winehouse's first album? Have you listened to the second one? The difference is Mark Ronson. You can hear it on Lily Allen's album too.

He reworks and rearranges songs until they are virtually unrecognizable. Totally fresh and fantastic.

He is not a singer or a songwriter so he's no competition for Mika as artist of the year, but he has a musical sense far beyond most of the performing monkeys that have been on the charts up until the past year or two.

He reworks and rearranges songs until they are virtually unrecognizable. Totally fresh and fantastic.

good, you like him

"reworks and rearranges songs until they are virtually unrecognizable" is like from cradle to grave to me

as to acts like Amy Winohouse and Lily Allen, I would never pay to get their cd copies

In all fairness, MIKA should win even without Ronson saying it(no offense to fans):wink2: . MIKA sings and does his own stuff. Mark.....collaborates and covers. it would have been better to put a producers' category for him. then no competition at all. was quite shocked actually when he was nominated for solo male. Best breakthrough; MIKA no doubt!:punk:

mark-ronson.jpgHe’s probably one of the hottest producers in the world right now - but Mark Ronson thinks he’ll leave this year’s Brit Awards empty handed.

The New York based music supremo - who is up for British Male Solo Artist, Best British Single award for Valerie and Best Album for Version at next month’s prestigious ceremony - admits the recognition came as a complete surprise.

He said: “I definitely didn’t expect it and I don’t think I’ll win at all.

“I don’t think that because I’m up for three that means I have a better chance.

“I mean I’m up for Best Album and it’s full of covers.

“Best Male Solo artist is also quite weird since all my records are collaborations. However you ceratinly won’t find me complaining about it all.

“It’s really amazing to be acknowledged by the British music industry as a British musician.

“I’ve lived in America for a lot of my life but I’ve always felt British and proud to be so. I didn’t work with British acts like Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen just so I could get recognized over here.

He added to British newspaper The Sun: “Mika looks like he’ll get Best Male and Leona Lewis will probably get Best Single. Bleedin’ Love feels like it’s been around for ages and I actually really like that song.”

And Ronson - who recently revealed he’d much rather win a Brit award than a Grammy, hopes he can convince Amy Winehouse to accompany him on stage to sing their smash hit single Valerie at London’s Earl’s Court on February 20.

Valerie - a cover of The Zutons hit, is Amy’s biggest-ever chart success after reaching No.2 last year, but she and Mark have never performed the song together live.

Mark added: “I would love to perform with Amy at the Brits. She’s a good friend.

“We’re up for single of the year together so it would be amazing to celebrate it at such a big thing like the Brits. Hopefully it will happen.

“Being involved in Amy’s really successful album has been great for me this year. I can’t believe what’s happened.”

By Owen Williams, Jan 22 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

mark-ronson.jpgHe’s probably one of the hottest producers in the world right now - but Mark Ronson thinks he’ll leave this year’s Brit Awards empty handed.

The New York based music supremo - who is up for British Male Solo Artist, Best British Single award for Valerie and Best Album for Version at next month’s prestigious ceremony - admits the recognition came as a complete surprise.

He said: “I definitely didn’t expect it and I don’t think I’ll win at all.

“I don’t think that because I’m up for three that means I have a better chance.

“I mean I’m up for Best Album and it’s full of covers.

“Best Male Solo artist is also quite weird since all my records are collaborations. However you ceratinly won’t find me complaining about it all.

“It’s really amazing to be acknowledged by the British music industry as a British musician.

“I’ve lived in America for a lot of my life but I’ve always felt British and proud to be so. I didn’t work with British acts like Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen just so I could get recognized over here.

He added to British newspaper The Sun: “Mika looks like he’ll get Best Male and Leona Lewis will probably get Best Single. Bleedin’ Love feels like it’s been around for ages and I actually really like that song.”

And Ronson - who recently revealed he’d much rather win a Brit award than a Grammy, hopes he can convince Amy Winehouse to accompany him on stage to sing their smash hit single Valerie at London’s Earl’s Court on February 20.

Valerie - a cover of The Zutons hit, is Amy’s biggest-ever chart success after reaching No.2 last year, but she and Mark have never performed the song together live.

Mark added: “I would love to perform with Amy at the Brits. She’s a good friend.

“We’re up for single of the year together so it would be amazing to celebrate it at such a big thing like the Brits. Hopefully it will happen.

“Being involved in Amy’s really successful album has been great for me this year. I can’t believe what’s happened.”

By Owen Williams, Jan 22 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

Thanks

I still want Mika to get best single . .. or album :thumb_yello:

Thank you greta !!!

I think Mark knows already everything !:mf_rosetinted::bleh:

Maybe some figures were revealed to him concerning the voting for Best Single... I imagine a large percent of XFactor viewers have already voted for Leona...

:cool:

Maybe some figures were revealed to him concerning the voting for Best Single... I imagine a large percent of XFactor viewers have already voted for Leona...

:cool:

I hate Bleeding Love. The lyrics are weird. It sounds like she's got a fettish for Leatherface, and wants him to cut her open with his chainsaw!

Love today, from Marilyn

I hate Bleeding Love. The lyrics are weird. It sounds like she's got a fettish for Leatherface, and wants him to cut her open with his chainsaw!

Love today, from Marilyn

You know, it's not her but the people who write for her....:mf_rosetinted:

She is just a poor girl from Hackney - God sent talent:cool:

Leona Lewis .. she won the x factor over here (You have in the States same huh?) .....

Yeh shes had one hit single .. and now is tipped to win best album .. and best single maybe

Are you serious?......

If she wins over Mika then that proves the world is not sane. :thumbdown:

I've heard that "Bleeding Love" song - sooooooo overrated

Are you serious?......

If she wins over Mika then that proves the world is not sane. :thumbdown:

I've heard that "Bleeding Love" song - sooooooo overrated

Yeh it is a shame , she came on the scene the back end of 2007 , no tour , manufactued off tv ... totally different to Mika ... he deserves it more in my opinion

There are loads of singers like her also .. he is unique:thumb_yello: