Mika’s A Homeboy

greta

27872_1.jpg

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/27872/Mika-s-a-homeboy/?printer=1

FOLKS, don’t ever go mistaking Mika’s nationality.

The wild-haired Londoner was introduced as an American/Lebanese singer when he collected a Best International Newcomer gong in France on Saturday.

Mika, 24 – pictured at the awards with Best Inter*national Song winner Rihanna, 19 *– said: “I’m always getting called ‘Lebanese-born singer songwriter’ or ‘American this blah blah’, even French sometimes.

“But it doesn’t matter where I was born or what language I speak, the truth is I’m British."

:roftl: what a news!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27872_1.jpg

The wild-haired Londoner was introduced as an American/Lebanese singer when he collected a Best International Newcomer gong in France on Saturday.

Mika, 24 – pictured at the awards with Best Inter*national Song winner Rihanna, 19 *– said: “I’m always getting called ‘Lebanese-born singer songwriter’ or ‘American this blah blah’, even French sometimes.

“But it doesn’t matter where I was born or what language I speak, the truth is I’m British."

I'm not sure what answer he'd have given to le figaro instead.. :fisch: but I do believe he feels really at home in london now. and trust me, I understand him :biggrin2:

heheheheh "wild haired londoner"... his hair in that pic could not be stiffer than that!! :roftl: :roftl:

holy sheep.. baby freddie, in his avie... :shocked: awwwwwwwwwww..... cute! :wub2:

Thanks for clarifying :roftl:

Now the next time one of my friends goes: "Ahh, MIKA, he's the one from Finland, isn't he?", I'm for once not forced to answer: "Okay, do you have 20 minutes? He was born in 1983 in Beirut, then moved over to Paris...blah..." but can just say "Nope, he's British." :cheerful_h4h:

I'm not sure what answer he'd have given to le figaro instead.. :fisch: but I do believe he feels really at home in london now. and trust me, I understand him :biggrin2:

He should do having lived here for what, fourteen or fifteen years. That's longer than some of our younger members have been alive!

27872_1.jpg

:roftl: what a news!

Right...! Okay....! Now it's time for the critics and press, and people who claim to know about music but obviously don't, in Britain, to start appreciating our gorgeous young British boy!!!

Love today, from Marilyn