The Appleman : The Return of the Jedi (part 3)

Yoppappop

I've only got a couple kids and they always seem to find their way home...it might be good for them to experience living elsewhere (LOL- and I don't mean that in a warped sense :naughty: )

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even though it can be really sad when cats go missing, I actually really like that about cats--they are independent, and can choose where to live if they want to. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of pets because it feels a little bit like keeping animals in captivity for our own amusement--and sure, most of them do not leave, but they either don't get the chance too, being kept in cages and on leashes--or else domestication makes them unable to properly survive by themselves even if they wanted to, so they're too scared to go.

Cats, however, are both capable of surviving on their own, and they do tend to travel about... which makes me like them, since you know if your cat is staying with you, it wants to be there. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement rather than an ownership.

That said, of course it's heartbreaking when you don't know where your cat is, and whether it's ok or not, and what happened.

--Jack

:lmao:...

The Wii, X-box 360, Playstation 3, pinball machine, air hockey table - they've got a pretty sweet deal going on, so I don't blame them.

They find their way home and pick up more kids along the way. That's just about all I can handle these days.

Edit - On that note, I really should go fetch them now. Sent them off to "live" elsewhere for the afternoon while I studied.

Ok, I'm tired of lurking now. All these kitty stories really touch my heart. :tears:

When I was 15 years old, my mother was driving me home from summer camp when she broke the horrible news that my precious kitty, Matthias, had been missing for several days. I was heart broken, because I had raised him from kittenhood, and he was the light of my life. When I got home, I made posters and hung them all around town, in hopes that someone would see him. I even called local pet shelters and vet offices to see if he had been dropped off. A few more days passed, and I thought my sweet boy was gone for good. One night, at about 11pm, my mother had the strangest urge to go outside and water the plants. I followed her outside, and just as we turned on the hose, we saw Matthias come running up the street! My sweet kitty was home! We had no idea what kept him away for over a week. Maybe he got locked in someone's garage, or basement. Needless to say, we were overjoyed to have him back, and he has been somewhat of a homebody ever since.

I'll stay hopeful for your kitty's return too, Wendi!

The Wii, X-box 360, Playstation 3, pinball machine, air hockey table - they've got a pretty sweet deal going on, so I don't blame them.

They find their way home and pick up more kids along the way. That's just about all I can handle these days.

Edit - On that note, I really should go fetch them now. Sent them off to "live" elsewhere for the afternoon while I studied.

For now it works but what will you tempt them back with when they're 20 and don't feel like coming home till 4am? :fisch:

This is one of the few threads in the forum that has yet to be touched by the "lolcat" trend... until now. :mf_rosetinted:

roseglasses.jpg

haha...love the pic...and your sig!

Wendi i'm sorry about your cat! I hope it comes back to you soon!

This is one of the few threads in the forum that has yet to be touched by the "lolcat" trend... until now.

roseglasses.jpg

:lmfao:

It's the Apple thread Mascot Cat.

(You made that didn't you - coloUred: Aussie spelling :wink2:)

I'm sorry to hear all of these stories about missing kittehs. :tears:

My 6yo cat Gabaa went missing for 11 days when I broke up with my ex BF and moved house. Each day I went back up to my old house, which is only 3 km's away, and I would look for him. The break-up didn't bother me, but I was a complete mess without Gabaa :crybaby:

Anyway, on the 5th day I decided to go up at night time, 1AM in the morning!! That night I thought I saw him but he ran off, so I did it the following 6 nights and on the 11th night as I was driving up the road I saw cats eyes glowing and pulled over. Called his name and sure enough he come running to me.

I kept him inside for 3 days, as advised (which I hated), and let him out again only to have he run off again. 6 days later I found him up there again by doing the same thing.. Except he wasn't as happy to see me as I was to see him :naughty:

I got him fixed, because I was told he wouldn't stray if I did.

That was almost 3 years ago and he hasn't strayed since, although he likes to stay out late. But the cattleyards weren't far from my old house and that was what he was attracted to. Rats and Mice everywhere for him to prey on. He was being predator pusseh pyimpfk5.gif

If the other mods themselves had to assume things then that says a lot about how the situation was (mis)handled...

I like it. You can print your petition on a map of Oz and tell him to wipe is arse with it.

Well I guess as long as they learn from it and make thisplace better, that's what matters... though I'm sure it wasn't nice to be banned...

Righto then... I will... :naughty:

*complains*

Dream on Loser

Whatever...

Wait... you think he's in love with you? As if! :mf_rosetinted:

It's nice to meet you, Nicole.

So who volunteers to get banned next? It's a great opportunity for the rest of us to make new friends.

And with that I'll say good night.

Not me..

I'm sure you could get banned easily...

my idea is that people start thinking a bit more :biggrin2: before they report everything... Meaning : grow up a little bit and stop whinging to a mod after every little thing they think is not appropriate : they should learn to arrange their things on their own and then, if it doesn't work, only then, contact a mod... the offended one contacts the supposed offensive one and ask NICELY for further explanations about the problematic post... and then, if the situation can't be handled in an adult way, they contact the mods...

i'm sure if they started PMing each other to ask NICELY about the problematic posts instead of running straight to the mods who get obviously surrounded (reminds me of something) by all these complaints which creates some sort of unnecessary stress and suspicious bans/warnings, things would get better... and i said ASK NICELY about the problematic post...

these are my 2 little cents to the situation... It's more a question of personal interpretation of posts than really offensive posts (when it's not OBVIOUS that it's a direct attack), so it should be arranged by the 2 involved people, not by someone who doesn't know anything about the situation and gets thousands of things to do as a mod...

So, do you think people should talk to each other nicely? :naughty:

I was just thinking... it's funny how I had the same thing in my sig...

I already won that prize.:mf_rosetinted:

Can't blame me... I reminded him about it... and I ain't doing it again...

*points to male that was head mod*

This should be re-named the Applecat thread! Damn buncha cat ladies...

I don't have a cat...

Bloody hell! :shocked:

I'm coming to live at your place!

Even though I already have an Xbox 360... and I loves it verra much...

One thing though... no pool table??? :naughty:

:lmfao:

It's the Apple thread Mascot Cat.

(You made that didn't you - coloUred: Aussie spelling :wink2:)

With all these crazy cat ladies the Appleman thread's mascot would naturally be a cat.

(But I didn't make it, I stole it from the rose-tinted glasses tribute thread).

I've only got a couple kids and they always seem to find their way home...it might be good for them to experience living elsewhere (LOL- and I don't mean that in a warped sense :naughty: )

:lmao: :lmao:

Even though it can be really sad when cats go missing, I actually really like that about cats--they are independent, and can choose where to live if they want to. I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of pets because it feels a little bit like keeping animals in captivity for our own amusement--and sure, most of them do not leave, but they either don't get the chance too, being kept in cages and on leashes--or else domestication makes them unable to properly survive by themselves even if they wanted to, so they're too scared to go.

Cats, however, are both capable of surviving on their own, and they do tend to travel about... which makes me like them, since you know if your cat is staying with you, it wants to be there. It's a mutually beneficial arrangement rather than an ownership.

That said, of course it's heartbreaking when you don't know where your cat is, and whether it's ok or not, and what happened.

--Jack

that's what i prefer about cats, compared with dogs (:thumbdown: boooh dogs...)

I hate cats...

go away ? :mf_rosetinted:

So, do you think people should talk to each other nicely?

Can't blame me... I reminded him about it... and I ain't doing it again...

*points to male that was head mod*

I don't have a cat...

One thing though... no pool table???

yes i do think so :blink: but only in private though :naughty: (yes i do have an answer for pretty much everything...)

i reminded him too, and even got to see that male former head mod during the gigs week... i must admit that the tshirt was barely my first interest that day though :naughty: and has never been :biggrin2: i was just teasing him... and for ONCE i was "winning" something in my life... doing nothing...

go and get one !! :thumb_yello:

and the pool table thing : :lmao: :lmao:

and Wendi i'm sincerly sorry for you and do hope your cat comes back or found a new welcoming house, even if it's really painful for you to loose him...

he could have sent a message for you not to worry that much :sneaky2: ...

i did lost (one of) my cat once... it was in my holidays house, and it had a great garden and trees about everywhere... cat's paradise... but the next houses gardens were the same... and my cat were used to live in a flat so really enjoying that, but it wasn't the 1st time we were coming there with him... but that time he decided he would go away for a few days... but eventually cameback, as the coward he was :naughty:...

and all my cats died pretty much in a violent or unexpected way... happily enough, i was never in the house when it was happening (i'm pretty worried about MY cat now, cause i guess i'll obviously be there when it happens) :

- the first one was kept by a great aunt in a house quite with nothing around but trees, plants, etc. when my mother and sister were in paris for a trip, and i was living with my aunt, and she got hit by a car... my cousin took a great pleasure annoucing me the news :blink:

- the second one (the one who left for a few days) got hit by a dog on his back (boooh dogs :thumbdown: ) and stayed out 2 days before my mom found him (we were not worried when he was missing for 1 day but 2 days was long enough and actually, he was just in front of the house under massives plants so she couldn't see him, and he couldn't move) and took him to the vet : he was either paralyzed for his lower body (which means incontinent too) if the spinal chord was broken, which means we would have had to inject him for him not to suffer, either he would get his functions back if it was "just a big bruise around the spinal chord", but we had to "wait a few days to find out)... we didn't get to find out... he died at the vet... i'm happy though we didn't have to take that choice... just before i left to paris 6 years ago... (and that summer was quite terrible cause a friend of mine died from a sport accident, and another one made quite a big drama (i mean real drama, newspapers and everything) just before being diagnosed schizophrenia...)

- And the 3rd one caught AIDS for cats fighting around, and he died when i was in paris... just before my exams... which led my parents to lie during 2 weeks when i was asking news of him on the phone (yes i'm that cheesy when it's about cats... and i was talking to him on the phone too...) :tears: and my mum (coward :naughty: ) made my dad annouce it to me...

so i'm quite worried about what this one (the one i'm living with right now, who is actually the only one i'm really taking care of entirely) is preparing for me :sneaky2:

life is quite cool isn't it ? i know we all have our dramas in life, but i hope people get to understand why i'm not THAT affected for a cancelled gig or a failed after so-called party (talking about the 2 friends and other dramas you MIGHT get to know about me and my life but i doubt it, not the cats stories, even if for me it's important, but i'm not expecting people to understand that, and it's ok...).

Ive posted a thread on competition my dears ...

Yopp I took yours to London just in the chaos you didnt get it :thumb_yello:

No need to spread and discuss across the threads btw ..

PM and pester me:thumb_yello:

we're just kidding FD ! :wink2: well, i am :thumb_yello: i said i forgot it too !!

yes i do think so :blink: but only in private though (yes i do have an answer for pretty much everything...)

Well as long as it's in private...

can't have people thinking you're nice... :naughty:

i reminded him too, and even got to see that male former head mod during the gigs week... i must admit that the tshirt was barely my first interest that day though :naughty: and has never been... i was just teasing him... and for ONCE i was "winning" something in my life... doing nothing...

I managed to win a rosette... but haven't had a concert to wear it to... :sneaky2:

go and get one !! :thumb_yello:

I would get a cat, but the parentals won't let me... it might upset the dog...

they won't even let me get a bird... biut I will when i get a proper job ad move out... I wanna make lolcats...

and the pool table thing : :lmao: :lmao:

They've got pretty much everything else... if they get a pool table, I'm so moving to Suzy's house...

Next time we renew the thread call it applecat then......

aw... kata and christine might be disappointed, we were talking about calling it the Donutman thread... the Appleman's little brother... but the Donutman could like cats ! and then it would be The Donutman and his Cat Thread...

We'll have a meeting to decide the new name :naughty:

And nico, you'll have a new sister if you're moving to Suzy's house... my luggage are ready and the taxi is arriving :mf_rosetinted: going to the airport right now !

we're just kidding FD ! :wink2: well, i am :thumb_yello: i said i forgot it too !!

I posted a competition thread :thumb_yello:

The joys of Royal Mail meant some didnt turn up so I had to buy some more etc etc , never mind :boxed:

I had them in my bag , but the queue was manic :shocked:

Pester me .. its the only way , busy as a bust thing :thumb_yello: