REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for Mika @ Orpheum Theatre in Boston, Massachussetts: 01-02-2008

Niki27

Wow! What a fantastic report...thank you!

So sorry to hear that Security were a pain inthe arse...it is awful when that happens isn't it. It happened to us in Turin when Mika was clearly heard to be saying 'I want to speak to those people' and one set of security guards were pulling us one way and another set PULLING HIM the other :shocked:

But on the whole it sounds as though you had a great night..........wow this tour is going SO well!

Security really had me disappointed. I didn't expect to come out of the theatre though and have just about every single person standing out there. I really felt bad though for disobeying security but when it got to the point where they were trying to kick us off the whole street when we were far away from the theatre that got to be a little much. I mean... what if my hobby is standing out on the street in the middle of the night? (Not to be taken the wrong way HAHA.)

Once it started raining security scurried back into the theatre and only came out once more to get people to go away. They totally changed their attitude though right before Mika came out. They weren't telling us to get away they were just telling us to get right up against the wall (I felt like they were the police or something.) :blink: I can see why they didn't tell us to get away though because I'm sure Mika wouldn't have appreciated coming out to see security yelling at his fans that came all that way to see him. I know I wouldn't have been happy if I had fans and they were getting forced away in front of me.

Did you all finally get to talk to Mika? I guess I had missed those reports.

SETLIST:

Relax, take it easy

Big Girl

My Interpretation

Bily Brown

Holy Johnny

Any Other world

Ring Ring

How Much Do you love me

Stuck in the middle

Saranayde and Missionary Man

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Encore:

Lollipop (no surprise there)

Thank goodness you have the set list. I'm such a spazz when it comes to remembering what songs he played haha.

psh. whateva

Pff, I took some advil pm so I could sleep. I'm pretty sure now that Mika cures you when you're feeling icky. My bad all-day headaches went away like 5ish hours before the gig and they haven't been back... not even after loud music! :biggrin2:

*hits self* damn different words... I mean hoodie/sweater or whatever you guys call them since you don't use the term jumper

Yes! I got a shirt and I'm wearing it now. :wub2: I also got a poster.

yawn...europeans are waking up!

i'm having a happy breakfast at my pc...how mad.

thanks for the reports, i love photojenic's one mainly for 2 things

- she said mika was watching her mother for long...ehehehehhe mika's affectionate of mothers and older women, i llllllllllllllllllove it! :naughty:

- she (and others too) gave us news about TITTY!!!

titty, she's italian, used to post here quite alot then disappeared...

COME ON TITTY!!! .........be back soon, we miss you....

and tonight NYC!

i hope the girls have found a way to NY, any news?

Haha, well I think he was looking at her, I could be wrong though because there was someone else near her but he did shake her hand.

Titty was really nice. I didn't get to say bye to her though.

Hi guys. Thanks for the reports and pics... Really like the ones of you with Luke Jen.

Aw thanks. I look horrible in them haha. Wind + freezing rain + jumping around like mad = pretty messed up look. The lei was tied into my hair when I got back to the hotel hahaha.

Thank you havingablast and Photojenic!!

Great reports and pics (luv that hand headband!:naughty: ) and so glad you both had a fabulous time! You're really lucky you got a moment with Mika :wub2: - he didn't do autographs and hugs in Toronto and Philly.

I thought it was funny that his sharpie wasn't signing well so he ended up signing two things for me. He didn't want to give up until it was able to write some haha. I already had gotten an autograph last year so it wouldn't have broken my heart if the sharpie had totally died... I was just happy that I was actually able to SAY something this time and guess what? I didn't make myself look like a fool even when I was dressed up pretty crazy. : P

Thanks PJ, you're a really good correspondent!

I'm too speedy. Got back from the gig and started throwing all of my good pics at you guys hahaha.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder why cherisse is playing shy for this tour :tears: nbody has met het after, no pictures of her...

I didn't spot her anywhere. Someone though they saw her but I'm not sure if it was her or not. Martin somehow walked right past me and I didn't notice. :blink: Would to have loved to meet him, feel kind of bad that he slipped under my radar then I saw Mikey but I didn't have enough time to get out his name before he went behind the bus because security was pushing us away.

lol !! that's really weird...

but it confirms she's not keen on going out and meeting people anymore... she was the "nice one" last year, always staying while the others were rushing to the car (as for my experiences) and now, looks like luke is playing the nice one :naughty:

Ah maybe they pulled straws to see who gets to do it next :wink2: but I caught Luke pretty much off guard.

Titty met Saranayde AND Cherrise

And I swear I saw Cherisse (when we were hiding and dodging security guards) get into the bus

You guys were so funny when you were trying to hide hahaha. I was JUST about to give up again at that point. You all walked in under one of the other buildings by some doors I believe... I don't think anyone heard me but as I walked by you all and said, "yeah... good luck staying there" because security was coming.

Aww...nice pics! Luke's sweet huh?

Thanks for all your pics and reports. Shame about security. I don't know why they have to be so rude. I'm glad you got to talk to Mika and Luke anyway. :thumb_yello:

Yop, Cherisse came right out in Brixton. When I came out of the standing room she was on the stairs coming down from the balcony, speaking to fans and taking pics. And of course she hung around Hammersmith for close to an hour. Maybe we'll see her again in London.

None of the fans in Toronto showed much interest in talking to the band and everyone seemed kind of mystified that we were hanging around waiting when Mika had just pulled away in a van. We were about to leave ourselves because we thought the band was already in the bus. Suzy was trying to hand off Luke's and Mikey's gifts to John but John said they were coming out of the venue soon so we waited for them.

There were still some fans hanging around when they did come out but mostly they just watched us. I think it was just me, Suzy, Sariflor and the girls from Montreal who talked to the band at all. Luke was pretty quick about it at first and I think they all wanted to leave but he was so happy with his football club scarf he came out to thank Suzy again and take some pics.

Yes, he was very nice :cheerful_h4h: even after he just about gave me a heart attack. :lmfao:

Aw, John seems nice. I was trying to keep an eye out for him or Jerry to pass my stuff on to but I didn't see any of them anywhere and there was no sign of Andy either.

Well, I am suffering from a severe Mika hangover...Sore throat, ringing ears, and a giggly demeanor. I'm off to work now but I'll be back later so share.

Also, Mika's the best hugger ever. Just sayin'...

Wow!!! My ears didn't ring at all. My voice was pretty much shot after the gig though but it came back soon after.

I'm just suffering from PGD - Post Gig Depression. It's hard you go there and go to the gig and the world seems perfect and then BAM you're back to reality. : P

I think you'll be happy to know that I REALLY liked Boston and I wouldn't mind living there... although we stayed in the financial/business end so that was a pretty good part of Boston. I still wish I was there. It's hard going from the mountains to buildings then back to mountains.

sometime after the security guys started getting hysterical so dun let that intimidate u,but phunks was saying she waited for abt an hour and he wasn't out yet

I felt bad though... now a little worse that we're going to be the official club. I feel like we were such a pain... but no one was acting crazy, no one. We were pretty much all calm, a little frustrated/disappointed but just trying to not get soaked.

The staff that was inside checking tickets and showing you to your seats were very nice. I got a lot of comments on my outfits and when I left and came back one of them that didn't check my ticket trusted me when I said that I knew where I was sitting and then the other one remembered me and let me on by.

I can't remember what time he came out, it was within an hour to two hours after the gig.

For those who are yet to see him, Midway State plays for 30 minutes then there's a half hour-40 minute break before Mika

I noticed the opening act was short. I missed most of it trying to get a shirt. I came back and sat through maybe two or three songs and then they were done. Their last song wasn't that bad.

Can't remember - someone will know!! :thumb_yello:

sorry, let me say this again.

HE CROWD SURFED??????

Like, he ACTUALLY jumped OFF THE STAGE and landed in a POOL OF FANS?

Bloody hell! never imagined him doing that! what the hell - he can land on me anytime!

I'm glad to hear that. I was wondering how it would go in a seated venue. I can see what Andy means because we talked about Mika possibly coming down into the audience in Toronto, but I think when it came right down to it the crowd was too mental. People act a lot crazier in the anonymity of a tightly packed crowd than they do when they are spaced out in front of their seats.

If he had come down and tried to start pulling people out of the audience in TO I think we would have been crushed against the barrier.

Mika announced to us that it was his first seated gig. It was pretty funny. I think he stated something about how it was seated meaning we were supposed to be calm and quiet (I may be wrong though, I had a hard time hearing him sometimes.) I really hope that he does more seated gigs though it worked out so wonderful. We didn't have to queue all day and I wasn't pushed, bumped or squished and you had enough room to jump between the seats. It was definitely more stress free. I have a feeling we were spoiled though with it being seated.

I was wondering at one point if he was going to come down and start running around the aisles because the event staff kept them pretty clear but I'm sure it would have gotten too wild. Instead he high fived/grabbed hands from the stage during one of the songs.

Wow, great reports!! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. AND you got to meet him and get hugs and all that!!

I agree about the pulling people out of the crowd thing in Toronto, we'd be corpses by now, the crowd were mental there:roftl:

It was totally completely amazing... I'd do it again for sure. :cheerful_h4h:

He has only crowd surfed once that I can remember - I think

he probably assesses each crowd and works out how safe

certain things are!!! :naughty:

I would say that he assesses each crowd too to see how they act...

There was only one thing wrong with our crowd. It sounded like two girls were yelling and having a fight about 4-5 rows in front of me. It was annoying because Mika had JUST started one of his more quiet songs on the keyboard and the guy two rows in front of me yelled, "SHUT THE F*** UP!!!" and they shut right up. It was funny but at the same time I thought "oh crap, Mika's playing a quiet song and to him and others it must sound like this guy is yelling at him to shut up." :roftl:

i haven't seen many pictures or videos from this show yet, i hope there are more coming!:wink2:

I'm TRYING to get my videos on my computer but it seems like my memory card is new and isn't compatible with it or something. Stupid high definition stuff. I'm going to find a way though... because I'm pretty much dying to see my videos.

I'm TRYING to get my videos on my computer but it seems like my memory card is new and isn't compatible with it or something. Stupid high definition stuff. I'm going to find a way though... because I'm pretty much dying to see my videos.

ahhh! i'm dying to see pics and video as well! ahh! Surely other people have them also!?

he CROWD SURFED???? WHEN ON EARTH WAS THIS?! :boxed:

It was somewhere in northern Europe if I recall correctly, probably around November.

He also jumped down during a show that Sariflor went to (don't know if it was Dusseldorf or somewhere in the UK). She was fiddling with her camera and she looked up as Mika grabbed her arm in order to brace himself while he was climbing up and into the crowd.

I wonder if the pulling people up on stage thing will be done every time or if he was just feeling brave.

I think it depends on the situation. When Andy was standing on the barrier in front of Suzy I asked him to tell Mika to do the same thing during the show. I don't know if he was just humouring me but he made it sound like it was a distinct possibility and talked about how it was going to be a great show because the venue was so much smaller than Montreal.

It really wasn't a good idea though because the crowd was nuts. There was already tons of pushing and shoving beforehand but once Mika came on stage we were all on top of each other and even with the barrier in front of me it was hard to keep my footing. I can't imagine what it was like for people in the second row who had to balance between the people all around them to stay standing up.

I was wondering at one point if he was going to come down and start running around the aisles because the event staff kept them pretty clear but I'm sure it would have gotten too wild.

Michael Buble did this in Toronto last week. He walked down the aisle and into the middle of about the 6th row to take photos with a couple of nine year old girls. People started coming around to get photos, hugs, etc. and someone even grabbed his ass, which he was sure to thank them for afterwards. :naughty:

I swear his little mid-concert meet 'n greet must have gone on for at least 10 minutes because I started tapping my watch like...hello? Michael? We're having a show here. Do you mind?

ahhh! i'm dying to see pics and video as well! ahh! Surely other people have them also!?

Ahhh yesss I've found a way to get my videos off of my camera and onto my computer!!!! I have I think 15 in total, most are short clips here and there. I'm so anxious to see them! :woot_jump: I was so afraid that something was going to happen to my memory card and that I'd lose all of them without getting to really see them! I think I caught someone saying, "take your top off!" in one of my though. :thumbdown: Come on, he's a singer and he dances but he's not a stripper.

Michael Buble did this in Toronto last week. He walked down the aisle and into the middle of about the 6th row to take photos with a couple of nine year old girls. People started coming around to get photos, hugs, etc. and someone even grabbed his ass, which he was sure to thank them for afterwards. :naughty:

I swear his little mid-concert meet 'n greet must have gone on for at least 10 minutes because I started tapping my watch like...hello? Michael? We're having a show here. Do you mind?

Wow! That's kind of brave of him going out into the crowd like that... especially since stuff like ass grabbing tends to happen.

I couldn't imagine having a meet and greet go on for that long during a show though. I'd get a little annoyed.

Ahhh yesss I've found a way to get my videos off of my camera and onto my computer!!!! I have I think 15 in total, most are short clips here and there. I'm so anxious to see them! :woot_jump: I was so afraid that something was going to happen to my memory card and that I'd lose all of them without getting to really see them! I think I caught someone saying, "take your top off!" in one of my though. :thumbdown: Come on, he's a singer and he dances but he's not a stripper.

AHHH! YAY! hurry!!! Can't wait!

I think I caught someone saying, "take your top off!" in one of my though. :thumbdown: Come on, he's a singer and he dances but he's not a stripper.

Well, actually, Mika does tend to take his top off. :wink2:

Sariflor has some crazy girl screaming "Mika, you're hot!" on all her videos. She was even yelling at the opening act. One of the girls in the band told the audience they were sexy and this girl screamed out "You're sexy!"

She was definitely one of the reasons crowd surfing was a no-go for Mika. She spent the whole night trying to insert herself into the front row and probably would have climbed right on top of us to get to him.

Well, actually, Mika does tend to take his top off. :wink2:

Sariflor has some crazy girl screaming "Mika, you're hot!" on all her videos. She was even yelling at the opening act. One of the girls in the band told the audience they were sexy and this girl screamed out "You're sexy!"

She was definitely one of the reasons crowd surfing was a no-go for Mika. She spent the whole night trying to insert herself into the front row and probably would have climbed right on top of us to get to him.

i hate those kind of ppl:thumbdown:

What the heck... I was having like a spazz fit or something during some of my videos. I could not keep that camera steady for the life of me sometimes. :lmfao:

I also screamed too much.

ahhhhhh!! show us! Can you see him well, were you close?

What the heck... I was having like a spazz fit or something during some of my videos. I could not keep that camera steady for the life of me sometimes. :lmfao:

I also screamed too much.

Was it when Mika got naked?

I forgot to mention that during Teddy Bears Picnic the "bad bunny" came out with nunchucks. :lmfao:

ahhhhhh!! show us! Can you see him well, were you close?

I was 18 rows back. Just 4 rows from the double letters.

Was it when Mika got naked?

Shut up.

Alright I'm going to start to upload all of them now. I can post the links as they show up on youtube or I can wait a while and do it all in one post. :naughty: