REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for Mika @ Orpheum Theatre in Boston, Massachussetts: 01-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh cool ! i thought she wasn't going out anymore cause last year she was doing it everytime...

She didn't really go out... Cynthia M just told me to go inside, backstage, because the security wouldn't care who went in after Mika was gone. And she was right. :naughty:

--Jack

She didn't really go out... Cynthia M just told me to go inside, backstage, because the security wouldn't care who went in after Mika was gone. And she was right. :naughty:

--Jack

lol !! that's really weird...

but it confirms she's not keen on going out and meeting people anymore... she was the "nice one" last year, always staying while the others were rushing to the car (as for my experiences) and now, looks like luke is playing the nice one :naughty:

:crybaby:

Titty met Saranayde AND Cherrise

And I swear I saw Cherisse (when we were hiding and dodging security guards) get into the bus

i know she doesn't sleep in the venue and eventually comes out :wink2: i meant meet and greet like she used to do... it seems that not a lot of people (not to say no one) met her and had a word with her after the gigs, whereas luke has been doing a lot of PR job :naughty:

but if titty met her, let's wait and read how, when...

CIMG1053.jpg

I was shaking during those two pictures haha.:blush-anim-cl:

Aww...nice pics! Luke's sweet huh?

Thanks for all your pics and reports. Shame about security. I don't know why they have to be so rude. I'm glad you got to talk to Mika and Luke anyway. :thumb_yello:

Yop, Cherisse came right out in Brixton. When I came out of the standing room she was on the stairs coming down from the balcony, speaking to fans and taking pics. And of course she hung around Hammersmith for close to an hour. Maybe we'll see her again in London.

None of the fans in Toronto showed much interest in talking to the band and everyone seemed kind of mystified that we were hanging around waiting when Mika had just pulled away in a van. We were about to leave ourselves because we thought the band was already in the bus. Suzy was trying to hand off Luke's and Mikey's gifts to John but John said they were coming out of the venue soon so we waited for them.

There were still some fans hanging around when they did come out but mostly they just watched us. I think it was just me, Suzy, Sariflor and the girls from Montreal who talked to the band at all. Luke was pretty quick about it at first and I think they all wanted to leave but he was so happy with his football club scarf he came out to thank Suzy again and take some pics.

Well, I am suffering from a severe Mika hangover...Sore throat, ringing ears, and a giggly demeanor. I'm off to work now but I'll be back later so share.

Also, Mika's the best hugger ever. Just sayin'...

His hugs are definitely amazing! He had to bend in half to hug me though haha. I'm Five-one haha

Random update before I pack up and leave the hotel (I'll catch up on posts when I get to the bus station...)

I was talking to mom this morning about the gig and she said that when Andy was beside us she heard him tell someone that it was one of the better gigs because it was seated. I think it's because you weren't as jammed up against people being pushed. You had plenty of room to move around.

I was afraid at first that we were going to have to stay seated because no one stood for the opening act but as soon as Mika was going to come out everyone jumped to their feet.

Also when Mika was doing the signing I pulled out my dvd because I had a picture inside it from my first gig when I was handing him my CD to sign, I didn't hear this because I was worried about getting everything wet, but my mom heard him say, "this was from the avalon." Then he mentioned something about the signing. I heard the signing part but wow, he has an amazing memory and I wish that I had heard the first part but everything happened so quick (since mom was off to the side she said that when Mika saw that I had the dvd he looked surprised that I had it... uh yeah why not bring the dvd to enjoy a gig with me? :naughty:) I'm sure if I wear my headband and the glasses to another gig he'll remember those haha. I told her that I felt a little odd about giving him a hug because I wished I had asked if it was okay and I said that he seemed to have gotten into a routine where he'd sign and hug, but she said that the girl in front of me gave him a hug so when it was my turn he went in for one. Ha, I didn't initiate it. :bleh:

It's a good thing my mom went with me... when she stands off to the side she notices the things that I miss. :roftl:

Oh and everyone loved our headbands. So many people commented on them and as I was trying to get through the crowd I saw one guy take out his cell phone and snap a picture of my outfit. :blink:

I was talking to mom this morning about the gig and she said that when Andy was beside us she heard him tell someone that it was one of the better gigs because it was seated. I think it's because you weren't as jammed up against people being pushed. You had plenty of room to move around.

I was afraid at first that we were going to have to stay seated because no one stood for the opening act but as soon as Mika was going to come out everyone jumped to their feet.

I'm glad to hear that. I was wondering how it would go in a seated venue. I can see what Andy means because we talked about Mika possibly coming down into the audience in Toronto, but I think when it came right down to it the crowd was too mental. People act a lot crazier in the anonymity of a tightly packed crowd than they do when they are spaced out in front of their seats.

If he had come down and tried to start pulling people out of the audience in TO I think we would have been crushed against the barrier.

Wow, great reports!! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. AND you got to meet him and get hugs and all that!!

I agree about the pulling people out of the crowd thing in Toronto, we'd be corpses by now, the crowd were mental there:roftl:

I wonder if the pulling people up on stage thing will be done every time or if he was just feeling brave.

He has only crowd surfed once that I can remember - I think

he probably assesses each crowd and works out how safe

certain things are!!! :naughty: