REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

the rest of the concert and my Happy Ending.

i'll make this one short, since i'm sure you're getting sick of reading my long arse reports. XD

did i mention he hit his mouth on the mic?

he complained how this was the 4th time this week, and how he was going to have huge lips soon, and then he played with his lips for a couple of minutes. :roftl:

SITM was AWESOME!!!!! the extendedness of it blew me away, especially how well we were responding!

he had the biggest grin on his face.

fabulous.

anyways.

he did Love Today, but not shirtless. :(;) he DID show his belly WHICH I GOT A PICTURE OF! GO ME!!!!! and it was fabulous!

then they did Every Body's Talkin', and again, i was the only one who knew all the words. :D

he looked at me and smiled!! gaaahh, i didn't stop singing, but my legs felt like jelly.:blush-anim-cl:

oh, and Any Other World was also brilliant.

i'm sorry i'm being so dodgy, but i'm getting really tired.

anyhow, afterwards, the MFC talked to people, and asked where Mika was going to be.

the security guy was helpful, but i asked this other lady working with the tour, and she was a complete beeeotch to me! >.<

ANYWAYS

we all ran out to the back door, and saw the camera filming, and a crowd of people.

i ran my butt off to get to that crowd, and i made it!

people were pushing, but i got up close enough and asked him to sign my LICM booklet, and he did, not really saying anything. i practically screamed thank you, then we waved him off, and said goodbye/goodnight.

i saw his momma and sister too. :bleh:

and....

that's it for tonight.

more details and some pics and vids tomorrow, i'm tiiiired!

THE END

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he complained how this was the 4th time this week, and how he was going to have huge lips soon, and then he played with his lips for a couple of minutes. :roftl:

Aww I hope someone got that on video :lmao:

Thanks for the report. Have sweet Mika dreams!!!

Aww poor Mikster !:roftl:

Thanks for your wonderful report !

Last thing before I sign off, my daughter is one lucky little girl. My older (6) got shy and covered up her face, but he held my 4 yr. old who thinks Big girl is for her and YES we do have a photo! She is sooooooo lucky!

Wow you guys are so luckkyyy! Glad you all had fun :thumb_yello:

just for the record, i'd like to let you all know that this window has been open on my laptop for the past 12 consecutive hours. yikes.

the big question here is: do i have a life?

sorry for my random.

Last thing before I sign off, my daughter is one lucky little girl. My older (6) got shy and covered up her face, but he held my 4 yr. old who thinks Big girl is for her and YES we do have a photo! She is sooooooo lucky!

whattt? I NEED TO SEE!!!!

Yes! He played with his lips and said if he kept that up he was going to look like Julie Roberts and then pushed them out big and made a funny face. He was so cute interacting with us. I don't know if he interacted with us more than he usually does or not.

Holy Johnny and Love Today were awesome and so was Stuck in the Middle! Some of the songs like Holy Johnny and BB he added some words to in places - just saying things like - in HJ that Johnny prays for me ....and he's still praying! Sorry if this isn't making sense! I am trashed.

He left the stage and we all screamed Mika Mika Mika and he came back and he said well I don't know what song to sing because we are limited and we all started yelling songs and he said OK I hear you! (He kept saying how loud we were and put his finger up to his mouth to quiet us a couple times - like for Any Other World) Then he sang Grace Kelly again. This time he got up and shook his bootie WOOOT!! :roftl: LOVED that of course!! And he jumped around on this song too. We didn't get to see him jump around as much and I love that but we got our own special show .. acoustic!! And it was so awesome.

K- I'll wrap this up - we were waiting around inside b/c someone said they were going to have a meet and greet in there and I thought no way is he coming out here! Finally we asked one of the guys that works at the place and he said he wouldn't be coming out there, maybe outside and I asked where? He just said out front b/c I'm sure they can't tell people.

But Jennifer knew where the back door was so we ran out there quick and caught him before he left. Char was out there and a few other people. I gave him my present and he was so sweet - he made a point of looking at me and saying "thank you" for it. I had him sign my heart, which I think I will frame. He is a lovely person!!!!!!

just for the record, i'd like to let you all know that this window has been open on my laptop for the past 12 consecutive hours. yikes.

the big question here is: do i have a life?

You sound just like me :roftl:

I don't know if he interacted with us more than he usually does or not.

Seeing statements from others about how he is usually so reherased, he most certainly did interact with you guys heaps more! This is a very memorable show, a gig that I wish I could have when he comes here!!! SO LUCKY!!!

wow that's so cuute! and you're a great mum:thumb_yello: :wink2:

Hey girl!

No way!! I didn't know that! She really is one lucky girl! We'd all like to be in her place LOL

My pictures tomorrow, I can't even type straight. My hubby has to load them, I don't want to erase by accident. I wished Mika could have done that song too. ERASE by the way, if that didn't make sense.

Eraaaaaaseee my pics...

Will look forward to them tomorrow!!

You sound just like me :roftl:

Seeing statements from others about how he is usually so reherased, he most certainly did interact with you guys heaps more! This is a very memorable show, a gig that I wish I could have when he comes here!!! SO LUCKY!!!

Yeah he did seem more relaxed or at least less structured I guess you would say. It was so wonderful!! I am on the biggest high!!!!!! It's like huh, real life - what's that!? What a life he leads going from gig to gig! I wish I was in his band so I could tag along! :roftl:

Natalie, me too! A band momma!! lol I do have to say, I didn't really know about the picture of my daughter till in the car on the way home. We had three with us, and I couldn't be everywhere I wanted mentally. Hubby did take photo and told me what happened.

Natalie, me too! A band momma!! lol I do have to say, I didn't really know about the picture of my daughter till in the car on the way home. We had three with us, and I couldn't be everywhere I wanted mentally. Hubby did take photo and told me what happened.

Oh I'm glad he got it! I wish so bad that I'd borrowed my mom's camera! mine is junk and huge but how I would love to be looking at good pics right now. I took a couple cellphone ones that suck! Your husband got some awesome ones!! I know it is hard to think straight with kids around, and also at a Mika gig lol!

It really was a unique experience! I think it was shorter than most but the uniqueness really made up for it.

Oh! I forgot to say that he said he was coming back to Salt Lake City for sure!!! AHHH absolutely music to my ears!

G'night Jennifer! I need to at least go lie down so I can get myself in more of a sleeping mode - even if I don't sleep for hours. :naughty:

The venue was a HOLE, no joke! Mika needed more space and a better place. Not his fault though. No MFC fans on stage. Very small stage, and equipment was close. Sorry, I'm an oldling and a bit tired from waking at 7:00 a.m. with kids.

I'M ADMITTING THIS IS WAY? OFF TOPIC :ot:

but I have a vision that MIKA will, one day, play this place:

MUSIC CENTER AT STRATHMORE (NORTH BETHESDA, MARYLAND)

http://www.strathmore.org/facilityrentals/musiccenter.asp

AT THE RIGHT OF THIS PAGE UNDER "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION"

Select: "View Photo Alum of the Music Center at Strathmore" to see

what the place looks like. Ofcourse, it's in my neck of the woods,

but I SO see MIKA performing there!

CLOSER TO TOPIC--

A guy named David Burger, Salt Lake City Tribune, wrote this about Mika . . .

* http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8199117

for the SLC performance.

It is very easy to give him feedback because his e-mail

is provided: It's livingeditor@slctrib.com.

He's a bit off on Mikas age, but it's a nice piece.

There just might be a F-U piece in their Sunday issue!

Charlotte said they wanted someone to sing the backups for Lollipop --

that's why they took her in early, she was going to do it. In the end,

it didn't happen, but...

dcdeb

Just being asked will give us quite a story when she gets back on here:thumb_yello:

No kidding.

:naughty:

You think I'm still on here for my health?? :naughty:

That was a good laugh...my bum is going numb from sitting here so long!! (Not helped by the forum freezing)

Loving the reports, especially about holding up your daughter JenniferB!! Sleep well. We can wait for the pics, and the kids will have you up early! (as we mums know all too well!)

Thanks Hilary for your story too, I have so enjoyed hanging out here, in spite of my numb bum.:wub2: