REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

Not when your brain cells are so shot that you forget that you saw Mika perform Everybody's Talkin' live. :boxed:

That's why the Toronto show was so important to me. When am I ever going to see Mika in a 1,400 capacity venue again? He may still do some small shows when he returns to North America but I had to assume that this was going to be it. I even skipped Montreal because I didn't want to take any chances that I couldn't get back to Toronto on time.

Yep............same for me with Oslo. I would have traded anything for that one because i knew it was probably going to be my last chance to see him in a small place.

Hilary (aka Heneiken22) Just called me!

She's veeeery happy!

She said the show was amazing!

She's waiting for a meet and greet, and she said she'll report later tonight because she has lots of good stuff to tell.

And I told her repetitively that I hate her at the moment.:naughty:

I can't wait...but I must as I have to go to bed :naughty:

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As will several others when they hear about it...:naughty:

I told her that she and all the others there are the envy of the MFC at the moment.

:bleh:

I can't wait...but I must as I have to go to bed :naughty:

Haha, I'm exhausted, but I really want to stay up.

We'll see how long I last..

Kath, you know when the Big M played to 1000 people in Tokyo in July it was the most mental, crushing crowd I have ever been in. My clothes were gradually being pulled off me by the crush.:naughty: I cannot imagine a Tokyo crowd of the numbers of, say, the Montreal gig. We would have to all have seats or we would die! (Japan is the land where you can fill commuter trains to triple their capacity and still think that sort of crush is normal.:blink:)

Sorry... not thread hijacking....

Back to the post-concert wait!

actually, it was pretty tight in montreal... my niece couldn't even lift her hands for part of the concert. we were 2nd row... i was ok, i was on a slant, quite uncomfortable, but nobody touching me ;o)

actually, it was pretty tight in montreal... my niece couldn't even lift her hands for part of the concert. we were 2nd row... i was ok, i was on a slant, quite uncomfortable, but nobody touching me ;o)

That is quite normal for the front though isn't it. I have got used to the fact that I can't have anything in my pocket, like my camera or my phone because i can not reach in to get it :naughty:

True, Kath and I are the only central europeans left, right?

6:30AM here, it's insane :naughty: :naughty: WHERE ARE THE REPORTS?? :naughty:

nutters :mf_rosetinted:

yes! i think that will be my excuse...

Oh jeez, and NOW i have to go to bed for real...i want reports! *sniff*

I really want to see pictures actually...hmmm...i wonder how long i will ahve to wait for that...?

Oh yes, I am yelling at you to go to bed, per your request earlier. Good luck tomorrow!

When you're front, do you really feel the difference between a 1000 persons venue and a 10 000 one?

I mean, in Brussels, there were 6999 people behind me and I really didn't realize it until I saw the videos on youtube :naughty:

I've often said that you can't tell the difference between 5,000 and 50,000, but you can definitely tell the difference between 1,000 and 10,000 because the stage is so much smaller.

The stage in Brixton was about 100 people wide and even though we were only about half-way from the centre Mika rarely came anywhere within 15 feet of us. In Toronto the front row was about a third of the size so he was always right there.

The setup we had was perfect because we were in the centre of a very short catwalk about 6 people wide. When he wasn't on the piano or banging on the drums he spent almost 90% of his time on the catwalk.

It felt like he was performing just for us and the other MFCers from Montreal who were behind us. Brixton on the other hand he was just constantly running from one end of the stage to the next. All the pictures I took were blurry because he wouldn't stop for more than a second or two before running off again.

Oh yes, I am yelling at you to go to bed, per your request earlier. Good luck tomorrow!

*sigh* yes, darn. I suppose i'm about an hour and a half past my requested bedtime--oh well. First thing tomorrow! i will plop my arse right HERE until i find pics and reports!

oh, and thanks! i hope i do well! I'm a bit nervous!:shocked::thumb_yello:

I bet he spends lots of time with them. This was definitely the gig to be at.

Thanks for the report Deb. And thanks Charlie! Let's just pray there's some good quality videos out there.

She told me at one point that she was taking video and pics. And she

had some really quality pics from Glasgow, so I'm anxious to see :)

Kath, you know when the Big M played to 1000 people in Tokyo in July it was the most mental, crushing crowd I have ever been in. My clothes were gradually being pulled off me by the crush.

Yes, that happened to me in NYC -- my sweater was pushed

halfway up my back and there was no way I could pull it down.

But nobody could notice anyway, since there wasn't even a hair's breadth

between me and the person behind me. :blink:

When you're front, do you really feel the difference between a 1000 persons venue and a 10 000 one?

I mean, in Brussels, there were 6999 people behind me and I really didn't realize it until I saw the videos on youtube :naughty:

I've never been in front at a 10,000 person venue! :shocked:

Ha! I'm lurking. :wink2:

Ha! Is right...

Hilary just texted--She met Mika already!

:shocked::yay:

Wow!

*glares at cell phone waiting for Charlotte*

dcdeb

I've often said that you can't tell the difference between 5,000 and 50,000, but you can definitely tell the difference between 1,000 and 10,000 because the stage is so much smaller.

The stage in Brixton was about 100 people wide and even though we were only about half-way from the centre Mika rarely came anywhere within 15 feet of us. In Toronto the front row was about a third of the size so he was always right there.

The setup we had was perfect because we were in the centre of a very short catwalk about 6 people wide. When he wasn't on the piano or banging on the drums he spent almost 90% of his time on the catwalk.

It felt like he was performing just for us and the other MFCers from Montreal who were behind us. Brixton on the other hand he was just constantly running from one end of the stage to the next. All the pictures I took were blurry because he wouldn't stop for more than a second or two before running off again.

You get a bit spoiled when you have been to a gig like that don't you?