REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: MIKA in Salt Lake City, UT -- In the Venue: 08-02-2008

dcdeb

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've often said that you can't tell the difference between 5,000 and 50,000, but you can definitely tell the difference between 1,000 and 10,000 because the stage is so much smaller.

The stage in Brixton was about 100 people wide and even though we were only about half-way from the centre Mika rarely came anywhere within 15 feet of us. In Toronto the front row was about a third of the size so he was always right there.

The setup we had was perfect because we were in the centre of a very short catwalk about 6 people wide. When he wasn't on the piano or banging on the drums he spent almost 90% of his time on the catwalk.

It felt like he was performing just for us and the other MFCers from Montreal who were behind us. Brixton on the other hand he was just constantly running from one end of the stage to the next. All the pictures I took were blurry because he wouldn't stop for more than a second or two before running off again.

You are right. Proves size isn't everything :shocked:

You get a bit spoiled when you have been to a gig like that don't you?

That is what I told my girls after the NYC concert. We were spolied by the first time we saw Mika on Good Morning America, Goodness, it will be hard for anything to live up to that.

*sigh* yes, darn. I suppose i'm about an hour and a half past my requested bedtime--oh well. First thing tomorrow! i will plop my arse right HERE until i find pics and reports!

oh, and thanks! i hope i do well! I'm a bit nervous!:shocked::thumb_yello:

good luck tomorrow! let us know how u did!

That is what I told my girls after the NYC concert. We were spolied by the first time we saw Mika on Good Morning America, Goodness, it will be hard for anything to live up to that.

And it will only get worse (well, better for Mika's bank balance) but for those of us lucky enough to have had these fantastic experiences they are going to remain VERY cherised memories

Ok folks. It's quite annoying to be SO close to probably getting some reports...but in order to be able to function as a semi normal human being I think I had better go back to bed :naughty:

Looking forward to catching up later :thumb_yello:

Ok folks. It's quite annoying to be SO close to probably getting some reports...but in order to be able to function as a semi normal human being I think I had better go back to bed :naughty:

Looking forward to catching up later :thumb_yello:

good night!

You get a bit spoiled when you have been to a gig like that don't you?

Yeah it doesn't help that my first gig was only 600 people. The stage wasn't much wider than my living room. He couldn't run from one end to the other even if he wanted to because Mikey and Martin were just a few feet away from him.

And he sang Everybody's Talkin' :tears:

I really wish London was months from now so I would be so eager to see another show that I didn't care if the experience wasn't quite as good. I really have been spoiled for the moment. :thumbdown:

Haha, actually I think I will go back to bed with a good book myself. :wink2:

Night, bab. Night kath. No word yet... and if she doesn't call soon I

may give up the ghost as well... it's 12:46 a.m. for me...

dcdeb

I was pretty loopy once we got the car and started home. It took so much mental energy to get me through the Lincoln tunnel that when I hit the New Jersey Turnpike I was gitty and babbling about signs and drivers.

Bring an oddling I am off to bed.

Yeah it doesn't help that my first gig was only 600 people. The stage wasn't much wider than my living room. He couldn't run from one end to the other even if he wanted to because Mikey and Martin were just a few feet away from him.

And he sang Everybody's Talkin' :tears:

I really wish London was months from now so I would be so eager to see another show that I didn't care if the experience wasn't quite as good. I really have been spoiled for the moment. :thumbdown:

I hear you loud and clear, Christine. I've been so spoiled thus far...and that can be bad because you create all of these high expectations in your mind. :boxed: