They don't get him!!!!

CazGirl

I think it's just their job to critique people, and I guess they just didn't like it, but it's only an opinion.

I'm sure everyone on here can say that he looked great at the grammys, no question, I just think they don't know him well enough to appreciate it.

hmm, maybe if they actually played him here ( mis-placed anger:cool: ) people would have a little bit more background on him and other things he wears and that outfit wouldn't be so strange to them. Because he clearly wasn't worst dressed, there were manyyyy other people I would have put on that list instead of him.

Yes. I think it had become a tradition for media to pick up worst and best dressed at this type of events...:roftl: THEY HAVE TO DO IT! Even what they consider worst dressed is BEST dressed compared to the rest of the world...:naughty:

It doesn't even make sense, since everyone looks so different, everyone at those shows is expressing their individuality and personality...what is the standard of best-worst dressed? I'm sure it was all designer names...how can that be worst dresses? I get it if you pick something that doesn't suit you very well! but I mean all these people are gorgeous and super confident...it all comes down to opinions at the end.

:blink: I should stop now! I think I'm venting now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

careful Babs, you're in danger of becoming a real fan. Steady on, yeah? :mf_rosetinted:

and yeah i know it's an opinion, but it's just HOW they do it that bugs me. Like, how they say THAT'S THIS AND THIS IS THAT, not I think that's this, or I think this is that...they make it sound like a fact or a statement, rather than an opinion.

Well, they were bigging up some of the other guys that to me looked smart, sure, they were wearing expensive designer suits but personal style? None whatsoever in my opinion. Some looked like real wideboys. :mf_rosetinted:

Well, they were bigging up some of the other guys that to me looked smart, sure, they were wearing expensive designer suits but personal style? None whatsoever in my opinion. Some looked like real wideboys. :mf_rosetinted:

I wanna know how many artists actually picked out their outfits themselves 'cause I am sure Mika was one of the few that did. Even the people on the show said that they should be bashing the stylists not the actual celebrity. At least he's not hiring anyone to pick out things for him, as far as I know.

careful Babs, you're in danger of becoming a real fan. Steady on, yeah? :mf_rosetinted:

and yeah i know it's an opinion, but it's just HOW they do it that bugs me. Like, how they say THAT'S THIS AND THIS IS THAT, not I think that's this, or I think this is that...they make it sound like a fact or a statement, rather than an opinion.

It's because they are the fashion police! :naughty: they think that gives them authority.

But fashion law is not black & white... justice is not blind for the fashion judges!:roftl:

I think if it was up to a jury Mika would be declared NOT guilty on the counts of Worst Dressed and guilty on the counts of completely "brilliant".

:roftl:

I wanna know how many artists actually picked out their outfits themselves 'cause I am sure Mika was one of the few that did. Even the people on the show said that they should be bashing the stylists not the actual celebrity. At least he's not hiring anyone to pick out things for him, as far as I know.

Only Paloma :naughty:

I think it's just their job to critique people, and I guess they just didn't like it, but it's only an opinion.

I'm sure everyone on here can say that he looked great at the grammys, no question, I just think they don't know him well enough to appreciate it.

hmm, maybe if they actually played him here ( mis-placed anger:cool: ) people would have a little bit more background on him and other things he wears and that outfit wouldn't be so strange to them. Because he clearly wasn't worst dressed, there were manyyyy other people I would have put on that list instead of him.

AGREED!!!! If they played him here in the States, they'd have a SCRAP of insight into Mika as an artist and the judgement would be duly given!

He is actually.

His sisters and his mother. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

He is actually.

His sisters and his mother. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

Well yeah, forget the first part.

I guess to me that's a little bit different seeing as they're his family. Not meaning that it's not their job, meaning that they really know him and aren't people that know Mika only because they're his stylists.

I don't know, I could be completely off in my thinking. Wouldn't be the first time.

Well yeah, forget the first part.

I guess to me that's a little bit different seeing as they're his family. Not meaning that it's not their job, meaning that they really know him and aren't some random person that knows Mika only because he or she is his stylist.

I don't know I could be completely off in my thinking. Wouldn't be the first time.

no i get you and i agree :)

AGREED!!!! If they played him here in the States, they'd have a SCRAP of insight into Mika as an artist and the judgement would be duly given!

Yeah and he'd probably be nominated for more than just "Best Dance Track". :)

I actually thought the Moses comment was hysterical. xD

And I agree..he looked gorgeous, but as Kourtney said last night, I could do without the scarf, sorry guys!

It was just some people's opinions, nothing to really get worked up over.

And as I told Jen and a few others yesterday, I was just glad to see Mika on American television for once. Best dressed or worst, he was on tv for more than three seconds. (TV Guide Channel didn't even take the time to comment on his outfit, I wasn't even really expecting to see him on Fashion Police, or whatever it's called).

I actually thought the Moses comment was hysterical. xD

And I agree..he looked gorgeous, but as Kourtney said last night, I could do without the scarf, sorry guys!

It was just some people's opinions, nothing to really get worked up over.

And as I told Jen and a few others yesterday, I was just glad to see Mika on American television for once. Best dressed or worst, he was on tv for more than three seconds. (TV Guide Channel didn't even take the time to comment on his outfit, I wasn't even really expecting to see him on Fashion Police, or whatever it's called).

i agree about the scarf!

I think he looked fab, and as has been said he got noticed for looking different and that to him will be a good thing cos if he was dressed in those designer clothes that get GIVEN to the artists he would have blended in...NO I take that back Mika NEVER blends in, I LOVE how he has the guts to do his own thing in every dam way he can, he is unique and who gives a sh*t if some people cant put him into their nice cosy categories so have to dis him for it, what they say wont do him any harm at all cos at least it got them talking about him and lets face it Mika is shrewd and knows just what to do, say and wear, he is very astute ...woooah he is just too awesome, in fact I think he looked really REALLY dashing.

I think he looked fab, and as has been said he got noticed for looking different and that to him will be a good thing cos if he was dressed in those designer clothes that get GIVEN to the artists he would have blended in...NO I take that back Mika NEVER blends in, I LOVE how he has the guts to do his own thing in every dam way he can, he is unique and who gives a sh*t if some people cant put him into their nice cosy categories so have to dis him for it, what they say wont do him any harm at all cos at least it got them talking about him and lets face it Mika is shrewd and knows just what to do, say and wear, he is very astute ...woooah he is just too awesome, in fact I think he looked really REALLY dashing.

i totally agree with everything you just said

What do you think the Fashion Police would have said if he'd turned up at the Grammys like this:

qmika.jpg

???

Still 'hot', but conventional..

Well that's the look that all the fashionistas would wet themselves over for sure.

I'm with Sal Masakela, who on the night said Mika was the most stylish man there. He spoke the truth.

I was confused by the scarf, as everyone being interviewed kept saying how hot it was, and in walks Mika with a scarf on!

My first thought was, oh no the throats going again, then I realised it was a fashion thing and it's possible that maybe it was a little too much, might have been better worn loose, a la Steven Tyler, rather than around the neck the way it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnqIq4GitU

"he looks as if he's about to meet Moses" ?????

Who the feck ARE THESE PEOPLE???? That outfit was the best I've seen yet, but they're slandering it so much!! I mean, i know everyones entitled to their opinion, but saying "THAT IS GOD AWFUL" and "not my cup of tea" are two entirely different things!!

CazGirl is not amused.

AHAHAHAH!

I thought it was funny, he looked great, who cares what anybody else thinks Mika has to be used to this by now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnqIq4GitU

"he looks as if he's about to meet Moses" ?????

Who the feck ARE THESE PEOPLE???? That outfit was the best I've seen yet, but they're slandering it so much!! I mean, i know everyones entitled to their opinion, but saying "THAT IS GOD AWFUL" and "not my cup of tea" are two entirely different things!!

CazGirl is not amused.

Of course they wont get him, he is too original for them.