The Oldlings Thread (Part 11)

Diana

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was really scary Deb and Diana. No, nothing got broken in our house luckily, which I am really surprised about to be honest.

We had an earthquake about 5 years ago centered in Leicester, which is about an hour away from Lincoln. That was alarming having never been involved in one before. There was another aftershock too, though smaller.

This one felt more violent that that, yet no damage! Our elderly neighbour had her life time collection of glass perfume bottles fall off her shelf and break. They say to keep ear out for aftershocks up to 48hours.

It was really scary Deb and Diana. No, nothing got broken in our house luckily, which I am really surprised about to be honest.

We had an earthquake about 5 years ago centered in Leicester, which is about an hour away from Lincoln. That was alarming having never been involved in one before. There was another aftershock too, though smaller.

This one felt more violent that that, yet no damage! Our elderly neighbour had her life time collection of glass perfume bottles fall off her shelf and break. They say to keep ear out for aftershocks up to 48hours.

I've always thought I might like to feel an earthquake -- just a little

one, mind. But hearing you talk... maybe not! Again, so glad that you were

safe!

Hi

I hope all our Oldlings are having a great time - I bet Carri is at the front because she's one of those people ~ like blessed ~ for whom things like that turn out well. I have a friend like that. Born under a lucky star maybe. Or maybe she shoved her way to the front :wink2:

Carri is lucky for sure! :)

Happy one year anniversary, deb; I feel like a Johnny-come-lately with my April date, but if you knew me before, you would be astounded that I ever HEARD of Mika!

And thanks deb for sorting my avi. How small did you have to make it?

Thanks all for the anny wishes! :thumb_yello:

And Ruth -- I had to make it teeny tiny! But I was determined! :wink2:

Oh I'm so nervous about Thursday. Expect nothing, Ruth, nothing.....

Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow night, Ruth! *crosses fingers*

hi all = have just posted the story in the Brixton thread and now I must pretend to do some work

love you all x x x x x

It's a brilliant tale, carri! Thanks so much! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

have just read deb's post where she quotes you ruth and have to say... if april makes you a johnny come lately, what does november make me? a johnny come never? I can't change when i discovered mika but i so wish it was earlier in the year....

Carri, not sure if I'm going to make it now! I'm pooly still and now on the old anti-biotix which are making me hurl...........tmi, I know.

Hi Shari, REALLY hope you feel better soon! Try Lactinex or some type of probiotics to counter act the antibiotics in your gut.

have just read deb's post where she quotes you ruth and have to say... if april makes you a johnny come lately, what does november make me? a johnny come never? I can't change when i discovered mika but i so wish it was earlier in the year....

:roftl:

Indeed we can't change what can't be changed. And I have never in my life been in so near the beginning of anything!

I slept through the earthquake as anyone who knows me would have predicted; but at school the kids had all sorts of stories about being woken up by a loud bang (which I fear must be structural) or woken by the windows rattling and being quite scared.

Off to read about last night now.

~x~

Carri, not sure if I'm going to make it now! I'm pooly still and now on the old anti-biotix which are making me hurl...........tmi, I know.

Oooh, Shari! They shouldn't make you sicker! Maybe some yogurt? That

often helps me!

MUST. NOT. MISS. MIKA.

Do you hear me???!!!

Feel better fast!

:huglove:

dcdeb

Good Morning Oldlings,

Wow, still sick today too. I'm debating on wether to go home. I slept 10 hours last night..not without interruption but, I feel like I could get more. I don't want to take leave, but I guess sometimes you have to do what your body tells you.

Shari, please tell me you are taking food with you antibiotics? If you aren't, it could make you very, very upset to your stomach. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Thanks Deb and Christina for the tip on yogurts. Have some in the fridge so will give it a try, but it's not looking hopeful, Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi, lovely people!

Shari, please please get better! Try to eat something, some dry biscuits or some toast. You must be in good shape this time tomorrow night!! :shocked:

I'm off to read last nights thread again, don't quite understand everything what is said there. :blink: But think I don't like it. :boxed:

Hi, lovely people!

Shari, please please get better! Try to eat something, some dry biscuits or some toast. You must be in good shape this time tomorrow night!! :shocked:

I'm off to read last nights thread again, don't quite understand everything what is said there. :blink: But think I don't like it. :boxed:

Hello Martine. Hows you?

Thanks, I couldn't take it any longer. I'm now back home and in my Pj's ...sucks because my hair looks nice and so does my makeup. :naughty: And, it's an 80degree gorgeous day and I'm stuck at home not feeling well. :thumbdown:

Hi Clare, hi Char, Ruth has come and gone now.

I was reading the Brixton thread too. Don't know what's going on with the there. Jumping queues and all.

I hope you feel better soon Char.

Hello. How's you?

I am ok. I think I am getting an eye headache. I hope it doesn't get worse. Maybe I should take something for it.

How was the earthquake, Clare? I think you posted that you felt it? Is your house OK? Was anything broken?