REPORTS/PHOTOS/ VIDEOS Vancouver, BC at the Orpheum 15-02-2008

dcdeb

I think I forgot to tell you guys about another chat I had with Mika's mom.

We were talking about the crowds here as compared to Europe, and she said that France was particularly lively. I asked her: "France - wasn't the DVD filmed there?" referring to Live In Cartoon Motion.

She responded with "yes, one of them". One of them? One of the DVDs? As in, there will be more than one?

Hmm...

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were talking about the crowds here as compared to Europe, and she said that France was particularly lively. I asked her: "France - wasn't the DVD filmed there?" referring to Live In Cartoon Motion.

She responded with "yes, one of them". One of them? One of the DVDs? As in, there will be more than one?

Hmm...

i think she ment one of the french concerts?

I was thinking, coming away from the concert, how true the statement MIKA IS LOVE is. Has anyone else thought about that? Everything that relates to him relates to love--how we love him, and how we love him back, and how the feeling in the room when he is performing is love...maybe I'm just a sop, but hey.

Having my face buried in his jacket was definitely love.

Mana words can't express how much i loved reading your report!

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience with all of us here!

I'm just glad to share it with you all.

I've posted it in one part on my MySpace page, in case you've not finished reading it and would like it all in one place. :thumb_yello:

That's what I thought - but then Andy was running around telling people that he was filming for the next DVD. :blink:

I would think it odd that they'd release anything like that any time soon...hmm.

oh geez....i hope i look ok with my costune! i was kinda nervous when he filmed me.... damn damn damn

and i totaly have a BLACKOUT from that moment :roftl:

My pants are blushing :roftl: And they are saying yes...

I better not tell you what my PJ pants are doing.. :das:

That's what I thought - but then Andy was running around telling people that he was filming for the next DVD. :blink:

I would think it odd that they'd release anything like that any time soon...hmm.

:tears:And Australia won't be on any of them.. :crybaby:

Ahh.. it's great.. You're all soo lucky.. Take a moment now to really appreciate the fact that you all don't live in a country that is missing out on Mika touring.. Appreciate that you do get to go to concerts and meet him and hug him and get to say 'thanks' to his face for how he has changed your life..

If there was ever a time you hated where you live, you should stop and realise now that simply the fact Mika comes there, makes you very very lucky indeed..

I better not tell you what my PJ pants are doing.. :das:

:tears:And Australia won't be on any of them.. :crybaby:

Ahh.. it's great.. You're all soo lucky.. Take a moment now to really appreciate the fact that you all don't live in a country that is missing out on Mika touring.. Appreciate that you do get to go to concerts and meet him and hug him and get to say 'thanks' to his face for how he has changed your life..

If there was ever a time you hated where you live, you should stop and realise now that simply the fact Mika comes there, makes you very very lucky indeed..

Aaah Kelzyyyy...:tears: I'm so sorry...*huggles*

Aaah Kelzyyyy...:tears: I'm so sorry...*huggles*

awww. :huglove: don't say sorry..

I wasn't saying it to be negative about the situation..

you are all very lucky.. If he doesn't tour here within the next year I'm coming over for a holiday :naughty:

awww. :huglove: don't say sorry..

I wasn't saying it to be negative about the situation..

you are all very lucky.. If he doesn't tour here within the next year I'm coming over for a holiday :naughty:

I know, but I am sorry, anyways. And I am grateful--I'm so grateful. I know just how lucky I am.

Come to Canadaland! Home of the Moose and Not Much Else!

I know, but I am sorry, anyways. And I am grateful--I'm so grateful. I know just how lucky I am.

Come to Canadaland! Home of the Moose and Not Much Else!

*packs bag and hides in it*

I'm ready!!!!!!

*boards plane* :plane:

*realises Mika's already left Canada* :doh:

Hmm...

Yeah, hmm, interesting. Because Andy has been saying that, but why would they make another DVD ... "Live in Cartoon Motion: Part 2" :bleh: I'm not seeing it :blink:

Edit: I would obviously buy and watch it, I mean I can't imagine them doing it :naughty: Stupid words.

OMG you guys!!! It was amazing!! I have been waiting so long to meet Mika and it was such an awesome experience to finally live the dream! Thank you so much to all of you who could share in this moment with me. Meeting you guys was so fantastic and you are all as beautiful in real life as you are on the boards. Mika fans are trully amazing.

I took a few pictures but some of them never came out very well. I will send them to Suzanne and Joan and hopefully they can post them for me. (did I mention I am computer challenged?) What great memories you guys :wub2:

After the concert ended, we were all still riding on the wave of happiness from our moment on the stage, and it took me a moment to get back to earth. Once I did, though, I realised we'd better hurry up and get in line if we wanted an autograph...I asked my friends, and a couple of them didn't want to, but I made them come with me. :naughty: We didn't know where to go, though, so I asked a security guard, and he just laughed at me. He wasn't very nice. We got into the lobby (not the men's washroom this time) and I found this time someone who'd been at the door when we came in, and asked her where Mika would be coming out. She was so sweet, she said: 'I'm not supposed to tell you this, but he'll be out at the stage exit on Seymour.' That was where we'd gone to line up before the concert. We shoved through all the masses of people and ran over to where we saw a crowd gathering and managed to get pretty close to the front. I knew we'd be standing there for a while, so I went over the concert in my head.

Unfortunately, one of my friends who'd come with me started feeling sick. We debated whether we should all go back or all stay, and in the end two of them went back to the hotel while the other three of us stayed.

We started talking to Rani, who was next to us, and I got a few more words in with Suzanne. Everyone in the lineup was soo friendly! And I wasn't the slightest bit cold because of all the body heat, even though I was in a t-shirt.

After about 30 minutes of everyone cheering for every single person who came through the door with EQ, props, and even the band's dishes and garbage (LOL), Security came and told us that Mika would be coming out through a door further along the building. (He pronounced it MY-ka and we all yelled at him.) We got down there as fast as we could and then lined up along the wall, like they asked us to. We were pretty close to the back of the line. We waited for about another 10 minutes (it always seems longer) and THEN a security guy came up and said that 'because of chaos at the front of the line we're just going to turn the line around' and he would come out of the door behind us! It was so awesome, we were now practically at the front of the line. About 5 minutes later we realised the guy standing there in the black puffy coat was actually him. I get all breathless thinking of it now, but in the actual moment I was completely calm. I had my Live DVD ready for him to sign, and I was going to get tickets signed for my two friends who went back, but they said one item only... I felt terrible, but not for very long. :fisch: The line moved quickly, and then it was all of a sudden my turn...I opened the booklet of the DVD to the page with Yasmine's cartoon landscape on it, ready for him to sign. When I went up to him, I said: 'Thank you so much! That was the best night of my life!' It was completely honest, too. He replied, 'Aww!' and signed my booklet. Then I reached up to give him a hug.

It couldn't have lasted more than two seconds, but it was two seconds of bliss. He smelled wonderful, he had showered, and he was all soft and warm, contrasting to the cold of the night air. I can still feel his arm around me. I know it didn't mean much to him, but to me it was everything. As I walked away, I looked back, and he had already turned to the next in line, but I distinctly heard him shout, 'Cool jeans!' as I turned away again. I hadn't thought I could feel any happier, but I did.Those two words made me happier than any words I've heard before. This is a little embarassing, but I had been soooo hoping he would notice them, comment on them, for weeks before the concert. I was on top of the world, because he had distinguished me from the rest of them in that moment--and maybe I wasn't just some other fan girl that he would forget as soon as he turned his head. Every moment of that night was perfect. And today, although I was expecting to feel utterly depressed and spent, I surprised myself by retaining some of last night's euphoria, because I know that it isn't the last time it will happen. He's releasing a new album, and he's definitely going to tour again, and I will definitely be there when he does.

Englishrose and Stormy Weather

-Wow...more magical memories made for MFCers...so happy for you too!

This is a little embarassing, but I had been soooo hoping he would notice them, comment on them, for weeks before the concert. I was on top of the world, because he had distinguished me from the rest of them in that moment--and maybe I wasn't just some other fan girl that he would forget as soon as he turned his head. Every moment of that night was perfect. And today, although I was expecting to feel utterly depressed and spent, I surprised myself by retaining some of last night's euphoria, because I know that it isn't the last time it will happen. He's releasing a new album, and he's definitely going to tour again, and I will definitely be there when he does.

THANK YOU for the amazing report--loved it, loved how you described everything--loved the jeans! (Haha, you're right! MIKA=LOVE.) :wub2: And isn't that kind of what every fan wants? To be set apart from the crowd for a second, for Mika to notice you, and say something to YOU. It may only last a second, but we can be thankful he has an insanely good memory. Now you'll forever be the fan with the "cool jeans." :wink2:

I think Andy has been taking lessons from Mika on the selective truth telling front so I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that.

I then followed the other girls up the stairs. They filed out long before me, so I was the last one in the stairs. As I got to the top, Mika was standing there.

I stopped, turned to him, and looked deep into those pretty eyes, which worked since he was standing about three steps below me. :roftl:

I said to him "Mika. I really want you to know just how much you mean to us...and how deeply your music touches us, all over the world". He beamed at me, reached out, and interlaced his fingers with mine. He looked right back into my eyes and said "thank you - that means a lot to me". I smiled, he smiled, then out I went....

:wub2:

This is the most amazing thing I've read on the MFC in such a long, long, time. So it deserves to be re-quoted over and over again, because I want everyone to get a chance to read this. And I simply can't get this out of my mind. I get all teary-eyed everytime I think of it again. :wub2:

It's about seizing and capturing the moment. It's everything we feel in a nutshell that we want him to know. It's one of the reasons for a Mika Fan Club to exist.:wub2:

It's the overwhelming emotion we feel and never have the words to express.

Like another songwriter I know writes: "It’s funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word. We are screaming inside, but we can’t be heard." :wub2: :wub2:

But you made it heard Mana!

Hi Mana, I hope you read this..............

Our paths have not crossed within MFC, but I just HAD to send you this heartfelt message of thanks for the absolutely amazing job you have just done in reporting your experience of being a lollipop girl.

Hunni if you're not a writer - you should be. I have been gripped beyond distraction at this epilogue.

I don't read books very often but when I do, it has to be one that "gets me" from the start. Yours did, I even found tears in my eyes with the pure emotion you put into it.

To put down on paper/electronically, the interpretation of what you experienced that day... it is a true gift you have there my dear. You have had a profound effect on me and I bow to your feet...........

I hope you will live a long and happy life remembering this day for always. You have certainly left an impression in mine!

I hope you managed to get home safely and catch up on some sleep. If you wake and wonder was it all a dream.... it's a dream we ALL have, but YOU were the privilleged one who lived it.

You lucky, lucky girl.

MIKA SMILE!

2cfb4ba7d9b279c87551e892494325ae0_large.jpg

6afcbdfae803cc012e2cfb799fd6e1d30_large.jpg

A.CLAY, I just wanted to tell you (if you are interested) that these designs were especially made for the fans on the Japanese We Love Mika fan site in mixi (like myspace) by Makko (I guess her name got cut off the design), a famous Japanese illustrator, and herself a Mika fan. She would be so thrilled to know that people are still using them on here. They were originally made for the mixi fan site in about May last year

We presented the logos and everything to Mika last year in July when he came to Japan, and told him the story behind them.:wink2:

has anyone else noticed that greg wells myspace site is also missing? hmmm...

Hmm noticed that yesterday, but Mika's page also had nothing at that moment, except comments on it, no body/text/friends to the page. That's all fixed but still no Greg...

And thanks to everyone who has spent time and energy writing about your amazing experiences for us all to enjoy. As everyone says MIKA brings so much to all of, each experience so special, and I never get tired of reading about it...and crying my way through your beautiful stories!!

A.CLAY, I just wanted to tell you (if you are interested) that these designs were especially made for the fans on the Japanese We Love Mika fan site in mixi (like myspace) by Makko (I guess her name got cut off the design), a famous Japanese illustrator, and herself a Mika fan. She would be so thrilled to know that people are still using them on here. They were originally made for the mixi fan site in about May last year

We presented the logos and everything to Mika last year in July when he came to Japan, and told him the story behind them.:wink:

THANX FOR THE ASSOCIATED REFERENCE & CREDIT for . . . .

* http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20070711/2/c/f/2cfb4ba7d9b279c87551e892494325ae0_large.jpg

* http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20070710/6/a/f/6afcbdfae803cc012e2cfb799fd6e1d30_large.jpg

has anyone else noticed that greg wells myspace site is also missing? hmmm...

he deleted it

Hmm...

yes, sure, we are the best :bleh::mf_rosetinted:

Mika leans down next to the sister in the wheelchair. He asks all three if they liked the show, beaming at them the whole time. He then talked to the sister in the wheelchair - guys, there was no nervousness, no hesitancy on Mika's part when interacting with this girl. He was collected and warm and open - I've seen people in the past get nervous about interacting with someone with a barely-there disability, and this girl could barely talk - and here was Mika, interacting with her, focusing on her, without any hesitancy.

On the tray of her wheelchair were the letters A-Z. Mika noticed this - bless him! - and asked her caringly if this is how she communicates. She let out a sound that can only be described as elation and beamed at him - and he beamed right back, leaning his head on hers for a picture.

Guys, he made that girl's night, if not her year - she was over the moon, as were her sisters. What a beautful, warm, tender, brilliant young man he is. It didn't matter that she couldn't speak to him, that her way of moving isn't "normal" - he saw the effect he and his music have on her and her sisters, and devoted himself to them, even for five minutes.

I stopped, turned to him, and looked deep into those pretty eyes, which worked since he was standing about three steps below me. :roftl:

I said to him "Mika. I really want you to know just how much you mean to us...and how deeply your music touches us, all over the world". He beamed at me, reached out, and interlaced his fingers with mine. He looked right back into my eyes and said "thank you - that means a lot to me". I smiled, he smiled, then out I went....

I love him more and more...

Thank you,to all of you who's been sharing your experiences for past few weeks,you've been making me smile and cry at the same time,and I enjoyed so much,there's so many wonderful people here and so many positive energy around.So,once again thanks Mika and thank you MFCers,I truly,truly love you!!!

And thanks to dcdeb for always puting a note where reports are starting,you saved me a lot of time:thumb_yello: