2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

haha, I would buy that pinata for my kids any day:roftl:

But...how you could possibly hit it with a stick? :boxed: If I was a little kid at that party, and a fan of Mika, I'd be traumatized when it broke open and candies fell out...

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But...how you could possibly hit it with a stick? :boxed: If I was a little kid at that party, and a fan of Mika, I'd be traumatized when it broke open and candies fell out...

:roftl: ME TOO, hmmm it would probably never break...maybe the head just has a lid or something and than the parents flip it over when they can't bear watching mika get hit with a plastic bat :bleh:

Okay, I'll keep it short for now.

Show was amazing, his hair was gorgeous, natural and he looked fantastic.

LT drumming, the best ever!

Afterwards, I'm afraid was a joke.

John told us to stand on on one side of the road and when the van with Mika came out, he got out the other side, and when we tried to move round to the other side to see him, John told us to stay on that side or the van would go.

Now I don't blame Mika, his mum said later that he was tired, but the way they organised the meet and greet was a joke. They saw how many people there where, and I'm not saying he should have talked to everyone, but we got a better one at the Brixton show in December, and there was as many people there as there was tonight.

Sorry rant over.

Juju and Vicky say hi.

That's weird. But maybe MIKA was extremely tired and did not want to disappoint anyone specially after the show.

anyway, so 9 to 5 came on and i was already singing my heart out. it didnt stay on for long!! the lights went down and the ball appeared and Saranayde came out and it started and everyone was screaming and i was like AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

then Mika came bouncing out in a white shirt with black stick on braces (suspenders) and green trousers with a green line down the outside. I recorded a bit of RELAX.

I was standing there, in the FRONT ROW, AND I COULD ACTUALLY SEE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF HIM. OMG IT WAS AMAZING. I WAS JUST STANDING THERE SINGING A LONG TO EVERY WORD, MY ARM WAVING AROUND!!!!

i thought to myself "wow - this is just the beginning, i got a whole concert to go yet!"

so, relax finished and big girl came out. a lot of audience interaction :D

there were two big girls and the coloured one did a cartwheel :roftl:

part 5 coming up hopefully, but my comp may turn off soon...

anyway, so 9 to 5 came on and i was already singing my heart out. it didnt stay on for long!! the lights went down and the ball appeared and Saranayde came out and it started and everyone was screaming and i was like AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

then Mika came bouncing out in a white shirt with black stick on braces (suspenders) and green trousers with a green line down the outside. I recorded a bit of RELAX.

I was standing there, in the FRONT ROW, AND I COULD ACTUALLY SEE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF HIM. OMG IT WAS AMAZING. I WAS JUST STANDING THERE SINGING A LONG TO EVERY WORD, MY ARM WAVING AROUND!!!!

i thought to myself "wow - this is just the beginning, i got a whole concert to go yet!"

so, relax finished and big girl came out. a lot of audience interaction :D

there were two big girls and the coloured one did a cartwheel :roftl:

part 5 coming up hopefully, but my comp may turn off soon...

I know that feeling. I was able to be front row the two shows I attended!!!!

i must say right now: i was never really a fan of saranayde when watching youtube vids, but i quite like her now. she wasnt as distracting as i thought she was going to be.

skipping to Holy Johnny, Mika pulled him up on stage! At the end Mika knelt on the floor and gestured HJ to do the same but he didnt quite understand! the band were there playing, Mika gesturing frantically LOL, and HJ came over and Mika dragged him to the floor :roftl: it was hilarious :roftl:

Mika said that he was telling the Billy Brown story for probably the last time, because the "guy was probably getting upset" (either that, or he saw JackViolet's post lol) and he said what the guy told him and Mika said "I told him to f*ck off!" lol :naughty:

Mika's voice was absolute perfection, TOP NOTCH.

part 6...

Well thank you, i wear my own that are almost the same as his:wink2: Makes meh happy.http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/LadyMadonna922/MyPicture_5.jpg sorry,the only pic i have of them has my face in it... ugh lol.

my desktop screensaver...hehe

LadyG, don't be so hard on yourself (your comment about your face reminds me of my daughter - she is also a very pretty girl but can't see it as clearly as others can) - you are lovely!!!:exclamation:

i must say right now: i was never really a fan of saranayde when watching youtube vids, but i quite like her now. she wasnt as distracting as i thought she was going to be.

skipping to Holy Johnny, Mika pulled him up on stage! At the end Mika knelt on the floor and gestured HJ to do the same but he didnt quite understand! the band were there playing, Mika gesturing frantically LOL, and HJ came over and Mika dragged him to the floor :roftl: it was hilarious :roftl:

Mika said that he was telling the Billy Brown story for probably the last time, because the "guy was probably getting upset" (either that, or he saw JackViolet's post lol) and he said what the guy told him and Mika said "I told him to f*ck off!" lol :naughty:

part 6...

LOL!!! IT'S FUNNY!!!

I DO BELIEVE THOUGH THAT SHE WAS A BIT RUDE!

I've just gotta say that all of my encounters with John have been reallllyyy nice. When Cynthia and I went to the Birmingham and Doncaster gigs last November, John went out of his way to tell us Happy Thanksgiving. At Doncaster when we were waiting in line for the meet and greet, John saw us and started to make small talk, which he didn't have to do either. I dunno, I guess it's just him having the job of being Mika's manager that makes him appear tough at times, but I think he really is a nice guy. :thumb_yello:

For those asking...this is John (Mika's tour manager).

john.jpg

My first encounter with him in Chicago was not as postive as my next few meetings with him in London (where he was very instrumental in helping ensure I was able to give Mika the Yearbook) and very gracious at the last Hammersmith cancellation. He recognized me in Toronto which perhaps helped him carry a positive demeanor (plus the fact that I was carrying Mikey Choi's birthday gift and Luke's gift too).

I suppose everyone has their days...we don't know if there was a situation we haven't heard of yet that might have caused him to be less friendly. :blink:

Yup, that's who I saw. Must be a bit of a stressful job and all :bleh:

Mika also said that afrter the thursday performance, he'll be recording the second album :woot_jump:

how exciting?!?!? i dont know if he said HJ would be there, but he said HMDYLM would be. a lot of audience interaction there too! web were "doo doo doo doo doo-ing" all the way till the end!

SiTM was AMAZING. The extended version is like WOW. A lot of interaction there, too. Mika sang a "zap zap baba do baba" to the audience and we had to copy lol, and Mika kept shaking his hand as if to say "yeah - so-so. Not that great!" but then at the end Mika was pleased with the response and ended up bowing to us lol

Mika was also grateful that we turned up after the postponement, he said "we're finally here at last!"

any other world and happy ending was AMAAAAAAAAAZING. They had violinists and cello's and everything. It just sounded so good. i got a bit of AOW on my phone.

what part am i on now? :roftl:

Oh Caz! So bittersweet to read your report...You are in some way taking my place beside Christine...the last 2 Mika concerts, she was my concert buddy.

Sad for me, but...

Happy for you though!

Had a wonderful time and will post a proper account of our day and a lot more pics tomorrow (or later today actually)....right now our bed is beckoning I'm afraid, but here are a few pics to whet your appetite

hammersmith004.jpg

hammersmith005.jpg

hammersmith006.jpg

hammersmith007.jpg

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU, I NEVER SEE THE SHIRTLESS PICS BECAUSE I FEEL A BIT FUNNY. :blush-anim-cl: BUT OMFG!!!!! HE HAS AN AMAZING BODY. MAKES ME WANNA START A DIET:naughty:

part 6...

lol!! He must have read that post about Mika telling that story too much!!! And it wasn't long ago everyone was talking about that!!:naughty:

Mika also said that afrter the thursday performance, he'll be recording the second album :woot_jump:

how exciting?!?!? i dont know if he said HJ would be there, but he said HMDYLM would be. a lot of audience interaction there too! web were "doo doo doo doo doo-ing" all the way till the end!

SiTM was AMAZING. The extended version is like WOW. A lot of interaction there, too. Mika sang a "zap zap baba do baba" to the audience and we had to copy lol, and Mika kept shaking his hand as if to say "yeah - so-so. Not that great!" but then at the end Mika was pleased with the response and ended up bowing to us lol

Mika was also grateful that we turned up after the postponement, he said "we're finally here at last!"

any other world and happy ending was AMAAAAAAAAAZING. They had violinists and cello's and everything. It just sounded so good. i got a bit of AOW on my phone.

2nd album!!!?!?!?!? :shocked::woot_jump: omg!

im so excited!!!! :woot_jump::tears:

Oh Caz! So bittersweet to read your report...You are in some way taking my place beside Christine...the last 2 Mika concerts, she was my concert buddy.

Sad for me, but...

Happy for you though!

YOU DIDN'T GO????

Ring Ring was also really good, more rocky than usual!!!

errm...what else?

LOVE TODAY WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. At the beginning with the snow...when Mika turned and saw Grey Skelly he flinched and OMFG IT WAS CUTE!!! And then they hugged :wub2:

and THEN Mika grabbed loads of snow, came to OUR AREA, AND CHUCKED IT AT US!!!!!!!! I got home a few minutes ago and it was all down my top LMAO.

he was singing Love Today and he gave me EYE CONTACT FOR DEFINITE. I felt my heart skip a beat, i'm not lying.

so then he started drumming and he took his top off :wub2: im telling ya, the pix are nothing compared to seeing it in the flesh!!! (literally :naughty:)

Mika and Cherisse were on fire. Mika stuck his finger up at her but i cant remember why :roftl:

next...

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay: Oh I can't wait!!!!!!:D And HMDYLM will be on it! Oh I'm so excited!

Now I'm dying to go on Thurs!I hope its as brilliant as yer night was!:D

Sad for me, but...

Happy for you though!

please dont be sad :tears:

anyway grace kelly started and the crowd went wild! Mika went up to mikey and knocked on his head and said "i wanna talk to you" and laughed lol, the band were in stitches xDD

Mika did "kaching" and we did the "GA" over and over again!!!!

and then it was all over and i couldnt believe it!! But then i was like "ah - LOLLIPOP!!!"

So I got my lollipop out ready and prepared myself for the teddy bears picnic lol!!! Mika was a Lion.

They were bundling and jumping on each other throughout the song and it was hysterical! Mika and the band were having such an AWESOME time. tried to get a balloon but couldnt. me and christine were RIGHT next to the confetti cannon and we got it ALL OVER US!! That also went down my top LOL.

(The people who worked there were also really nice as they were handing out water constantly)

I was on a super high watching it all and Cherisse threw her sticks. well she gave one to laura and chucked the other lol

and after that...

please dont be sad :tears:

anyway grace kelly started and the crowd went wild! Mika went up to mikey and knocked on his head and said "i wanna talk to you" and laughed lol, the band were in stitches xDD

Mika did "kaching" and we did the "GA" over and over again!!!!

and then it was all over and i couldnt believe it!! But then i was like "ah - LOLLIPOP!!!"

So I got my lollipop out ready and prepared myself for the teddy bears picnic lol!!! Mika was a Lion.

They were bundling and jumping on each other throughout the song and it was hysterical! Mika and the band were having such an AWESOME time. tried to get a balloon but couldnt. me and christine were RIGHT next to the confetti cannon and we got it ALL OVER US!! That also went down my top LOL.

(The people who worked there were also really nice as they were handing out water constantly)

I was on a super high watching it all and Cherisse threw her sticks. well she gave one to laura and chucked the other lol

and after that...

WHAT!!!!!!! PLEASE CONTINUE.............

Had a wonderful time and will post a proper account of our day and a lot more pics tomorrow (or later today actually)....right now our bed is beckoning I'm afraid, but here are a few pics to whet your appetite

Really nice pix - thank you for sharing!!!:wub2: