REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ Brixton Academy, London : 26-02-2008

Niki27

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you've been discussing the queue issue, but has the issue of drunk people who are let in been discussed? there was this guy yesterday who was pushing his way all through the crowd agressing people, being absolutely disrespectful and... apparently peeing on people!!!

he should have been let in! he ruined a part of the gig for me, coz as long as he was there I wasn't calm! he scared the hell out of me! thank god rockinbabzz (among others) had the courage to say sth to him, so that the security guards finally saw there was a real problem and took him out!

Oh! it's a long story

Basically,

We were in the airport, after a long wait of 6 hours on a plane, they decided to take everyone off of the plane due to some problems.

this was last february,

basically i was sat up waiting, and i saw a man aimlessly wondering around the airport,

so i ran over to him and realsied who it was!

i shouted mika, but byt hsi point he waas to far away to notice,

later on, we had to re check in, at this point i was well upset cos i thought id missed my chance to meet him, when i heard - Frankie! loook!

and i turned round,

and checking in next to us was mika

we got a photo and said goodbye!

THEN

later on, waiting to board the plane i saw him sat on his own,

we went over and talked

we found out he had been on OUR same delayed plane

and we were all in our pyjamas, and he was like

"mmm pyjama sheek!"

and we were all laughing and joking,

then we showed him a video of us dancing to grace kelly in our hotel room

and he was saying for us to put it on youtube :)

basically yeah we just had a conversation about why we were in new yorkk,

and how gorgeous he was,

we got lost in conversation and he turned round to hear

"LAST CALLING FOR FLIGHT ...."

and he was like "**** girls i have to go!, i didnt realis that was my plane!"

he was so lovely

im so glad i found him in the airport haha

Your unbelievabley lucky then :P

:thumbdown: to Brixton

If there arent any imrovements in crowd control 2moro then i will be extremely p****d off! i didnt have a good time at all during the gig! I was number 3 in the queue and managed to get squished in second row :mf_rosetinted: security were useless and people were selfish:mf_rosetinted:

If there arent any imrovements in crowd control 2moro then i will be extremely p****d off! i didnt have a good time at all during the gig! I was number 3 in the queue and managed to get squished in second row :mf_rosetinted: security were useless and people were selfish:mf_rosetinted:

That sucks!! Hope you have a better time tomorrow!

ewwww.... i cant believe it happend again in brixton :(

i hope next time its better!!! i didnt like that venue! the worst ive ever been to...

its the only mika concert i went to that i couldt concentrate on the show... :thumbdown: im talking about the december 2nd one lol i wasnt there yesterday =P

That sucks!! Hope you have a better time tomorrow!

thanks, i hope so too.

ewwww.... i cant believe it happend again in brixton :(

i hope next time its better!!! i didnt like that venue! the worst ive ever been to...

its the only mika concert i went to that i couldt concentrate on the show... :thumbdown: im talking about the december 2nd one lol i wasnt there yesterday =P

It is poor. Its not the venue itself but the way its run:thumbdown:

I actually quite like Brixton Academy as a venue . .

aand now I am really off as I have been miaked up for 2 days and have done no house work and hubby will be home soon !!! aaaaah

see you tomorrow Laura & Jenny and if you see 2 little blonde heads appearing behind you that will be Ev and her friend attempting to get to the front - I have told them there is no chance - but if you see them on the floor kicke em out the way -- nnnnoooooo - chauch em at security!!

see you all after x x x x x

I actually quite like Brixton Academy as a venue . .

aand now I am really off as I have been miaked up for 2 days and have done no house work and hubby will be home soon !!! aaaaah

see you tomorrow Laura & Jenny and if you see 2 little blonde heads appearing behind you that will be Ev and her friend attempting to get to the front - I have told them there is no chance - but if you see them on the floor kicke em out the way -- nnnnoooooo - chauch em at security!!

see you all after x x x x x

see ya 2moro! sorry i wasnt really in the mood for much chatting after the gig yesterday, i was feeling really wound up and exhausted xx

see ya 2moro! sorry i wasnt really in the mood for much chatting after the gig yesterday, i was feeling really wound up and exhausted xx

I will see if I can bring some more malteasers for you tomorrow:biggrin2:

Really? Ha ha ha FD you rebel!

Do you come with free incontinence underwear? :naughty: [/Quote]

hell yes - tenna lady is my middle name !!

cant go on a trampoline without worrying and I teach areobics - always wear black trousers!!

Ofcourse you know your not going to live that down now.

Some of those adverts are awful - like that bloody 'stool softener' one with the woman having a coffee are talking about their bowel movements - its all a bit much.

Ofcourse you know your not going to live that down now.

Some of those adverts are awful - like that bloody 'stool softener' one with the woman having a coffee are talking about their bowel movements - its all a bit much.

oooh yes and the women looks mad - all wlid eyed!!

Reviews are being posted and respected.

Peoples actions at the concert are all a part of the process and why shouldnt they be discussed also.

I merely requested this didn't turn into an endless discussion about the whole disability issue.

All of the queue jumping and poor security practices affect my review of the gig because it affected my experience. Given my place in the queue I should have been front and centre and instead I may as well have been at home watching the DVD.

Exactly why we're discussing it here! It was a massive part of the gig experience for many of us, and it should be mentioned.

Of course people will have a lot to say about it, because it's an important topic/issue.

How sad is it that so many people had such a crappy time because of poorly managed security and the selfishness of some?

We shouldn't cover it up or relegate it to the obscurity of some other thread.

And, unfortunately, I have no doubt that tomorrow will be the same or even worse. Just being realistic here.

Of course anyone (chosen or not) is welcome to prove me wrong:mf_rosetinted: .

I have a feeling we are all talking about, whilst not talking about, the same person.

I happen to think that that person was in the 'genuine excuse' category, maybe im biased - thats not the point.

What im heading at (and thankfully people like sariflor agreed with) was that before we charge head first into being official, glitches in the system like the etiquette of mfcers when in queues could be looked at and sorted so to set a good example and be a decent face for the fan base.

It isnt a personal attack on anyone, its a 'you all took issue with it, so lets get it sorted'

I'm actually making it plural- people. And as I said earlier, anyone who's fit for some physical activities, is fit for others.

I totally agree- it's too much of a problem now to ignore, and the whole officiality thing should IMO look at this. And come up with a solution.

I don't think that Mika wants the fame of his gigs being a bust-up-punch-fest does he?:roftl: .

Funny how I managed to get in and out of that excact spot in the queue several times though (seeing that you went in with my number) :mf_rosetinted: It's perferctly fine, I had left the queue, but stop making excuses like that, it's getting annoying

Yes, and others including myself managed to move around by forcing people who had higher numbers than us to move back, so we could get into our rightful place.

I was quite upset that you queued all day for Babs and she was robbed of the spot.

I was referring to the disability discussion, not the queue jumping.

It's all to do with the same.

I was in that position last time at Brixton ( I was offered by security to go in early) and turned it down. So you know where I stand.

We all know that you are a "legal" person Bab. Which is one of the reasons why it upsets me that ppl like you miss out, and other cheeky ones get stuff.

The circumstances that have precipitated the disability discussion amount to queue jumping as far as I'm concerned.

Well said.

Ive just noticed you dont have your tartan coat on in your avatar - for shame!

(Actually, i spotted you and sari by coats alone - they are infamous)

OMG, I have lost my anonimity? LOL

...no wait, I'll just buy a walking stick, see you at 6 pm

:roftl: Get me one?

hang on - I am an oldling :( so s Wendi, Kath , Sara Loo :thumbdown:

Oi, you left me out! I'm older than Saraloo

oooh yes -a nice family size bag of maletsers - I really get the munchies after a gig !!

see you at the back tommorrow jems - Ev is looking forward to dancing with you !!

Well I'm gonna be on extra strengh lemsip but i will try my best:naughty:

Yes, and others including myself managed to move around by forcing people who had higher numbers than us to move back, so we could get into our rightful place.

I was quite upset that you queued all day for Babs and she was robbed of the spot.

:boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

Okay, so now everyone agrees that it is a problem that needs addressing - lets address it.

What are we/you going to do about it?

I was impressed with the organisation of the number system, it works rather well if not for the few who chose to negate it, but we can do more than that.

All suggestions welcome, because a dressing down and a 'behave next time' will not cover it. People lead by example. You saw how quickly the queue moved forward after mika's arrival, so it takes just one to cause problems.

Since its usually just mfcers in prime positions at the front of the queue, we have that capability to sent down some ground rules.