2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

ok, now at that stage I was over the moon! But the gig itself!!!!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Oh it was brilliant!! And front row side!!!:D It was absolutely amazing, I've not one bad thing tosay about it!!!

And then the best part, getting on stage for Lollipop!!!!

Seriously, I thought this was way out of my league, it seemed so unreal, and yet it happened!!

I was so extatic, jumping around like a weirdo, but enjoying every minute of it! I remember turning around and seeing a lollipop girl with a LOT of makeup on, :naughty: but she was all smily and cool!

And then I thought my heart would stop when he turned around and I looked right into his eyes!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow:

It may have been for only about 3 seconds, but it was so lovely!!!I'll be happy for the rest of my life now:wub2:

MikaConcertLondon078.jpg

MikaConcertLondon079.jpg-on stage with Mika!!!!!!!!

I didn't get to meet him, but just being near him during the concert, there's something so refreshingly "normal" about him..... he's such a genuine person, there's something really pure about him and that to me is very...I dunno, comforting! :mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

hi!!! are you back home yet?

Wasn''t that amazing!!:wub2:

hi!!! are you back home yet?

Wasn''t that amazing!!:wub2:

yeah got home last nite.......awh it was incredible!!!!! it was great to meet u and r sis too :blush-anim-cl: love ur pics...im just uploading some now.... :thumb_yello:

I took videos of him singing HMDYLM, when they gave him the flowers, the start of love today(:wub2:) the drum part, but then at the end of the night I realised that the sound wasn't on the videos.....................:sneaky2: so they're sort of useless:(

But at least they are clear.

I might upload them to photobucket when I get a chance...

yeah got home last nite.......awh it was incredible!!!!! it was great to meet u and r sis too :blush-anim-cl: love ur pics...im just uploading some now.... :thumb_yello:

yeah, It was lovely meeting you!! we had a good time in the queue!:naughty:

oh yeah, and a little green somebody was flung up on stage...:wink2::naughty:

"FROM THE HORSES MOUTH . . . "

AWWW!!!:wub2: I'm so glad he thought of the ones who were there all day!!!

I still think it was a very bad idea to get everyones hopes up about the afterparty, and then only give passes to random people.Some who got them were only there for about 10 minutes...:tears:

Mika is so nice to even think about that:wub2:

mmmm I understand the frustration and was there to speak to people and see first hand.

Firstly I spoke to Jerry / John and head of security the day before this gig .. they put extra people on to cope with the adies queue and made changes to smooth it out ... things can improve if they talk AND work with us

It was too much of a mess to sort out when I got there , we/I had no idea this was going to happen ..i.e. the after meeting thing

On getting to the queue I was faced with people walking away as they had numbers 65 on their hands but couldnt get in as others had taken their band

I was faced with security coming to me and asking of certain people should be let in first as they had a disability .....whos decision is that !!!

Afterwards being surrounded by tearful MFCers :boxed:

If this thing happens again it needs to be organised , its total workeable but from what I heard and saw it went bad

It was an amazing experience , I felt honoured to be there and didnt expect it .. , I would of been happier to have organised it and made sure everyone was happy

Basically I want this sorted BEFORE it happens , I never want to see the bands just handed out like that , it was a great idea but kinda naive to think the way it was done was ok :thumb_yello:

I was deeply saddened that Mika didnt get a chance to see more people after , he was so frustrated that a pack surrounded him and wouldnt leave him ... wandering around 150 ? MFCers saying HI .. mmm always a tough thing to please everyone

Lastly it was great meeting you all ....... my head hurt from all the free champange :boxed: .. and also from the feeling of sadness from what happened.

Hello! I finally made my way through the pages. Everything has been said and I can only add that I absolutely agree with Christine's first long post. That is exactly how I felt. In the end I was stuck in the crowd because I actually wanted to ask Mika to come over to the Apples but that was just when he announced that he had to leave. So I asked him a stupid question and ended up being a part of this final group picture. The whole situation was kinda weird and I still feel quite strange about it. It was a great gesture anyway and I want to thank Mika and his management for the invitation. I really appreciate it!

There's something else I'd like to add: Blue, Sari, Rose, don't feel bad about having had the opportunity for a pic and chat. You are such lovely people and you deserve everything that you got :wub2: .

I'm happy for everyone who had the chance to talk to him. Especially for the people I spent the last few days with. You are amazing and I'm very happy that I decided to come to London!

@Freddie: You took the group picture? Could you upload it?

aww, I like your post Freddie!:thumb_yello:

Honestly, I was a little annoyed at the way it was run with the wristbands, but I never in my dreams expected it would even happen, so I just laughed it off.

I was no.61, and it was hard to understand how people in the hundreds were getting writsbands:blink:

It was a bit of a mess, but I was so greatful to even be there! Best night ever!!!:D

Hello! I finally made my way through the pages. Everything has been said and I can only add that I absolutely agree with Christine's first long post. That is exactly how I felt. In the end I was stuck in the crowd because I actually wanted to ask Mika to come over to the Apples but that was just when he announced that he had to leave. So I asked him a stupid question and ended up being a part of this final group picture. The whole situation was kinda weird and I still feel quite strange about it. It was a great gesture anyway and I want to thank Mika and his management for the invitation. I really appreciate it!

There's something else I'd like to add: Blue, Sari, Rose, don't feel bad about having had the opportunity for a pic and chat. You are such lovely people and you deserve everything that you got :wub2: .

I'm happy for everyone who had the chance to talk to him. Especially for the people I spent the last few days with. You are amazing and I'm very happy that I decided to come to London!

@Freddie: You took the group picture? Could you upload it?

Course will :thumb_yello: , Im just catching up

aww, I like your post Freddie!:thumb_yello:

Honestly, I was a little annoyed at the way it was run with the wristbands, but I never in my dreams expected it would even happen, so I just laughed it off.

I was no.61, and it was hard to understand how people in the hundreds were getting writsbands:blink:

It was a bit of a mess, but I ewas so greatful to even be there! Best night ever!!!:D

I know .. I fully fully understand :thumb_yello:

It was never going to be easy .. if he wanted the first 75 people or whatever ... that should of been numbered and organised ... people will always be left out BUT if its a fair system in the first place then it can be accepted

Mika did say that people should back away from him and we would get round to see people

Here are vids of HMDYLM http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMh7xHcYAQo and MI http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TYMFQt3KEp0 Enjoy!

I don't think I can write a report on everything that happened to me during the week, I'm so emotional about the whole thing, it was too big for me to express in words. I'll just say THANK YOU to all my friends and especially to my guardian angels (Allegra:wub2: I love you), in and out of the MFC (A., thank you again for making me feel special:wub2: ). Loved meeting everybody, and though there was tension during the queues, all and all it was an extraordinary experience. I'm not mentioning anybody's name because I don't want to let anyone out, but you all know who you are. I also want to apologize for being such a pest sometimes. You're the best friends anyone can ever have. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

Here are vids of HMDYLM http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMh7xHcYAQo and MI http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TYMFQt3KEp0 Enjoy!

I don't think I can write a report on everything that happened to me during the week, I'm so emotional about the whole thing, it was too big for me to express in words. I'll just say THANK YOU to all my friends and especially to my guardian angels (Allegra:wub2: I love you), in and out of the MFC (A., thank you again for making me feel special:wub2: ). Loved meeting everybody, and though there was tension during the queues, all and all it was an extraordinary experience. I'm not mentioning anybody's name because I don't want to let anyone out, but you all know who you are. I also want to apologize for being such a pest sometimes. You're the best friends anyone can ever have. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!

Thanx for the videos!!!!!!!!!!!:D I taped HMDYLM, but the sound was off!:( Thanx this means a lot!!:D

Nice seeing you again :thumb_yello: , hopes you enjoyed the chocolates :punk:

Nice seeing you again :thumb_yello: , hopes you enjoyed the chocolates :punk:

So nice seeing you!!! Too bad we couldn't have those drinkies we had talked about... Sure I enjoyed the choccies! And the little bit of music you brought:punk: Next time we really need to party!!!!!!!!!