2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

You were simply taking advantage of the dituation... people can't say they would'nt do the same thing in the same psoition...

I think you're right Nico. And I'd better keep that in mind instead of feeling bad for myself and for others.

I've written it in the Concert conduct-Thread. But I want to post it here again because the same statement of "Tell it as it is" is in this thread:

As for the continental fans there...... Your not in your own country now, here in the UK we QUE! Not try side stepping in 20ft down the que! We dont stand with our elbows in the face of others & obscure there view - REPEATEDLY! We dont dance into smaller members of the audience in the hope they move! And thats just pointing out a few...... 28th Feb Brixton - What a disgusting display of so called Mika Fans![/font][/size][/size][/b]

I really feel discriminate. I'm also a continental fan and the things that you've written are not like I do it! I think you can't generalize this for all the "continental fans"! I've read this discriminating texts yesterday written by other members too. I'm very sad and upset about it. :thumbdown:

Having a pic with him was not even my goal for that night, like it never is. I found myself standing next to him after his talk with Sariflor (actually I was talking to others, not particularly waiting for him) and let's say I just took my chance this time. Oh well. Why am I defending myself anyway? :sneaky2:

blue i agree with christine u shouldnt feel guilty about having your photo taken with mika , its the people who got what they wanted from him then continued to crowd him instead of backing off & letting others have their chance with mika that should feel gulity :thumbdown: please note that i didnt say a continental fan

I've been reading the points hat Christine made and I totally agree with all of them, now I feel slightly guilty about getting him to sign the flag, but I didn't catch all he said at the beginning so I didn't know.

I was thinking while reading back, that maybe some of us older, in age and membership, could of helped him a little, not stepping on John or Iceys toes or anything, but help thin the crowd a little so he had the chance to move around and have room to breathe. That way he would have got round to everyone in a more orderly fashion and could have had a more relaxed time, 'cause I know by the time I saw him just before he left, he did look a little frazzled and I think he would have liked to have talked more, by the way the conversation started, but because of the crowding, he just wanted to get out, and I can't say I blame him.

Maybe FD could work this out with Jerry before the next tour, and sort out the best way to go about it, then it would be more of a party and less like a cattle market.

I've been reading the points hat Christine made and I totally agree with all of them, now I feel slightly guilty about getting him to sign the flag, but I didn't catch all he said at the beginning so I didn't know.

I was thinking while reading back, that maybe some of us older, in age and membership, could of helped him a little, not stepping on John or Iceys toes or anything, but help thin the crowd a little so he had the chance to move around and have room to breathe. That way he would have got round to everyone in a more orderly fashion and could have had a more relaxed time, 'cause I know by the time I saw him just before he left, he did look a little frazzled and I think he would have liked to have talked more, by the way the conversation started, but because of the crowding, he just wanted to get out, and I can't say I blame him.

Maybe FD could work this out with Jerry before the next tour, and sort out the best way to go about it, then it would be more of a party and less like a cattle market.

but rose i asked a certain person to help me calm it down they refused :thumbdown: i did say to john about it starting to get out of hand & he replyed thats what icy was for ! no-one seemed to care even his mananger :thumbdown:

click here people !!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaBrixtonAcademy280208/photo#5172466505288178338

next and next button !! A certain Romance ! :rolleyes:

Ooo, leave all the s h i ts on your party ! it's over

I've read through this the last couple of days and had many an opinion, but haven't posted until I read this. How naive is Mika (and his management) to think that inviting 150 fans to a 'party' was going to work out??? Did they honestly think that everyone would chill out in groups of friends while Mika worked round the room like a bride at her wedding???????? Obviously people were going to crowd him and hound him til he had to leave.

There were supposed to be 70 fans at this party, not 150. It would have been realistic to deal with that many people over the course of 90 minutes or so if everyone had stuck to small groups.

They made a mistake allowing people who were just arriving in the queue at 4 pm to run up and grab the wristbands. That means additional passes had to be found for people who were in the top 70 places of the queue, plus a few other long time MFCers who just happened to not be queuing that day due to work commitments.

Regardless of the number of people there is no reason why a room full of adults cannot act like normal human beings in the presence of Mika. I worked for a record company when I was 17 years old and I had enough sense even at that age to not crowd around artists that are more popular and established than Mika.

Since it was a champagne reception no one under the age of 18 was supposed to be there so there's no excuse for people carrying on like 13-year-old fangirls. This is especially true given that so many of us have already had close contact with Mika so it's not like it's a novelty or our only chance to ever get near him.

can i ask what was meant with the wrist bands christine when u say - This party was meant for dedicated fans - i.e. the ones who had been queuing up since the wee hours of the morning for these London gigs and people who have been following him from city to city and country to country over this past year by the way im not looking to cause trouble just to see what is meant by this being said . i was number 67 there was 70 wristbands given out in the begining i think :boxed: this is the first gig ive went to that wasnt inmy home town glasgow + i wasnt there from the wee hours as u can see as i was number 67 . if wrist-band had been keep for the people that do these things uve said i should never had got a band is that right ?

The assumption was that people in the first 70 places were fairly dedicated fans. You didn't have casual people hanging around the queue at that time of day. We were already up to number 20 at 7 am and I think 50 by 9 am.

The wristbands were not meant for people who walked in off the street at 4 pm and grabbed them.

Having a pic with him was not even my goal for that night, like it never is. I found myself standing next to him after his talk with Sariflor (actually I was talking to others, not particularly waiting for him) and let's say I just took my chance this time. Oh well. Why am I defending myself anyway? :sneaky2:

You don't need to defend yourself Blue. I would have had my photo taken with Mika had I had the chance as well, but I just wasn't prepared to fight my way through the crowd to do it. I know there must have been people who were close to Mika early on before he was completely immobilized and it was natural to ask for photos if you were in a position to do so.

I am not naming names or blaming individuals because I was never close enough to even see who was doing what anyway. I know several people like you and Sariflor got photos and you are not the type of people who would seek to monopolize his time and ruin the party, so that's not what I'm implying.

I just wish that all of the people who had photos and autographs or whatever had then left him alone instead of constantly surrounding him to listen to every word he said and try to talk to him again. The idea was for him to have semi-private natural conversations with people, not hold court while the entire room listened and watched his every move.

Everyone who says "don't worry, you'll get your chance another time" is missing the point. It wasn't just my intention to get to speak to Mika, it was Mika's intention to make his way around the room and see everyone. I can't believe that so many people dismiss that and don't seem to give a f*ck what he wants or that he must have been having a somewhat lousy time at his own party by the end of it.

I think you're right Nico. And I'd better keep that in mind instead of feeling bad for myself and for others.

Exactly...

Me personally... I would have stood as far away from him as possible... cause I get really shy around famous people :blink:...

but rose i asked a certain person to help me calm it down they refused :thumbdown: i did say to john about it starting to get out of hand & he replyed thats what icy was for ! no-one seemed to care even his mananger :thumbdown:

That is a shame, 'cause Icey is just one guy and he can hardly be expected to clear a load of people by himself. Although after the conversation I had with John earlier, I think I know why he said that.

yeah ! that party thing sounded atrocious !you see I would have treated it very professionally , MIKA after I consider as a peer. I am musician and have been involved in many after concert do's and acting professional and calm and orderly is really how is needs to be done. After all,,,there were so many networking and nice moments missed. I hoped this doesn't end up like this again. I know a few things about party planning .

Any Other World - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ALDVtCdaAv4

I dunno why, but the youtube version seems to be a bit more rubbish than when I watch it on my laptop. I was watching it just now and I thought 'blimey, that's got a lot more visual disturbance than I realised' but whatever.

Excuse the part where the camera dips, I was admiring the string quartet and stopped concentrating for a few seconds, haha.

The assumption was that people in the first 70 places were fairly dedicated fans. You didn't have casual people hanging around the queue at that time of day. We were already up to number 20 at 7 am and I think 50 by 9 am.

The wristbands were not meant for people who walked in off the street at 4 pm and grabbed them.

i was there i think it was about 12.30 & i was given number 67 , i am a dedicated fan with no money & 3 boy to look after , dont take this the wrong way please i dont mean it but i feel i should then be singled out for not having enough money to spend on mika , thats not right :shocked: i never even made a grab for the wrist-bands i was standing talking to lulu when john came out with the bands & because of the rush of the people from behind i was crushed into people at the begining of the cue it was john who handed me the wrist-band , i didnt push for it i was given it & was grateful of the experience john gave me to be in the same room as mika for his speech :thumb_yello:

I thaught that the Numbering of people was really a good idea!

The thing that i got a bit mad about was that people got their number and then went round London for a few hours and then came back in the queue!

That got me a bit fustrated because i sat there form 8:30am right the way through until 7pm, I thaught queuing ment keeping your place and not going shopping or whatever for a few hours.

Hello everyone! I'm back home! I have SOOO many funny stories to tell that I don't even know how to start. :blink: I had a really good conversation with Martin. :lol3: He's so lovely! I want to join his fan clan! :wub2: He wants to come to Finland sooo bad! :glasses3: Who's Mika by the way? :fisch:

The thing that i got a bit mad about was that people got their number and then went round London for a few hours and then came back in the queue!

That got me a bit fustrated because i sat there form 8:30am right the way through until 7pm, I thaught queuing ment keeping your place and not going shopping or whatever for a few hours.

I moved my other post to the concert conduct thread, think that's where it belongs, but anyway...

Yes I can see how that is frustrating, I mean we all have to eat and we all need to go to the toilet once in a while, but of course you shouldn't show up at 7 to get a number and then go home to sleep :blink: (says the idiot who spent 45 minutes looking for a postcard - nope my excuses aren't better than anyone else's :doh:) ... it was the same for all though, not just MFCers or special people being able to leave or whatever...

yeah it was a good idea up until number ... i think it was number 40 after that :thumbdown: as i was behind the the 40s + i had non mika fanclub people beside me so why should they have understood that we the mika fanclub members had an agreement to stick by the numbers , let people get their numbers then buggers of on a shopping trip or whatever ! i was like u i got my number & stayed in the queue but i did have to go & find a toilet a few times no excuses but i am a bit older than other people , squished out 4 children so my bladder control is not so good + i had my periods yes i know too much information :roftl: but i couldnt stand there in bloody trousers could i ? :naughty:

I moved my other post to the concert conduct thread, think that's where it belongs, but anyway...

Yes I can see how that is frustrating, I mean we all have to eat and we all need to go to the toilet once in a while, but of course you shouldn't show up at 7 to get a number and then go home to sleep :blink: (says the idiot who spent 45 minutes looking for a postcard - nope my excuses aren't better than anyone else's :doh:) ... it was the same for all though, not just MFCers or special people being able to leave or whatever...

yeah it was a good idea up until number ... i think it was number 40 after that :thumbdown: as i was behind the the 40s + i had non mika fanclub people beside me so why should they have understood that we the mika fanclub members had an agreement to stick by the numbers , let people get their numbers then buggers of on a shopping trip or whatever ! i was like u i got my number & stayed in the queue but i did have to go & find a toilet a few times no excuses but i am a bit older than other people , squished out 4 children so my bladder control is not so good + i had my periods yes i know too much information :roftl: but i couldnt stand there in bloody trousers could i ? :naughty:

Yes, Yes, Yes i do understand about people having to go to the toilet, go get something to eat, etc (THANK GOD FOR NANDO'S BEING THERE!), But not for hours on end and then coming back with loads of shopping. I think that issue should of been adressed by someone...Maybe next time though.:)

i was there i think it was about 12.30 & i was given number 67 , i am a dedicated fan with no money & 3 boy to look after , dont take this the wrong way please i dont mean it but i feel i should then be singled out for not having enough money to spend on mika , thats not right :shocked: i never even made a grab for the wrist-bands i was standing talking to lulu when john came out with the bands & because of the rush of the people from behind i was crushed into people at the begining of the cue it was john who handed me the wrist-band , i didnt push for it i was given it & was grateful of the experience john gave me to be in the same room as mika for his speech :thumb_yello:

No of course. As I said there was an assumption that people who were number 67 in the queue were serious fans, unlike the majority of the other 5,000 people attending these gigs who arrive in the early evening.

In any case even for those who were number 200 in the queue, it's not about being singled out as not having enough money to attend a lot of gigs or whatever.

It's about Mika rewarding the people who have attended a lot of gigs because they've dedicated a lot of time and money to supporting him.

Many of those people in the early queue on Thursday were also in the queue all day on December 3rd when he cancelled the gig at the Hammersmith Apollo. He told us personally by telephone that he would make it up to us and he did his best to accomplish just that.

OK guys ..... 57 pages ..... some are happy, some are angry & some are hurt .... please respect each other .... or this thread may be closed .... too much blame & judgement ends up hurting EVERYBODY !!

This post from me ABSOLUTELY does NOT single anyone out ... :wub2:

Cheers , HK :thumb_yello:

I wake up this morning and see that this thread has gone way out of range again. How nice, but hey, what did I expect? :naughty:

This will be my last warning: if I hear "racist" comments about how foreigners shouldnt invade the UK for a MIKA gig AGAIN, I'll infract and ban. Especially if these members use multiple accounts to get their point across.:sneaky2:

As for the general debate, I'm appalled to see how the MFC as a group managed to feel dedicated fans (whom I know enough to say they are not of the pushy kind) feel bad about having had a pic or a chat with Mika during an after party that was nothing more than a first-class signing imo.

I am not saying you don't have the right to be pissed off but it seems the people who misbehaved at that afterparty are not on this forum or don't give a damn anyway. The result of your anger outbursts is just to make some nice members feel ill at ease and guilty. :thumbdown:

Thank you all for spoiling their fun. Great example of solidarity! :wub2:

No of course. As I said there was an assumption that people who were number 67 in the queue were serious fans, unlike the majority of the other 5,000 people attending these gigs who arrive in the early evening.

In any case even for those who were number 200 in the queue, it's not about being singled out as not having enough money to attend a lot of gigs or whatever.

It's about Mika rewarding the people who have attended a lot of gigs because they've dedicated a lot of time and money to supporting him.

Many of those people in the early queue on Thursday were also in the queue all day on December 3rd when he cancelled the gig at the Hammersmith Apollo. He told us personally by telephone that he would make it up to us and he did his best to accomplish just that.

yeah well i think these people at the front of the cue who attend the gigs can sometime be people that have been there at the front for maybe all the shows going on in the week , why cant they spare a thought for other unfortunate people who can on afford to do maybe 1 or 2 in a year instead of 3 in one week then the week after ! i do know of 2 people i spoke to that did the shopping trip thing but only 1 of them were numbered , i was also asked to go along but i refused as it is unfair to others + i was there to meet other mfcers & see mika not for a fu**ing shopping trip :sneaky2:

Ok... I really don't know where to start and I'm afraid that my English is to bad to explain how I feel about this...

I was so happy that I got a wristband (Thanks again Allegra and Avoca!!) but now I feel a bit bad about it.

This party was meant for dedicated fans - i.e. the ones who had been queuing up since the wee hours of the morning for these London gigs and people who have been following him from city to city and country to country over this past year.

Mika also indicated as much when he said that he saw a lot of familiar faces but also people he'd never seen before. He added "but that's okay" afterwards but I'm assuming that having people at this party that were not dedicated and involved fans was not exactly what he intended or he wouldn't have brought it up.

I was one of the people he'd never seen before, and now I feel like I shouldn't have been there. However, I think I am a true fan, but without the money to follow him from city to city and country to country. Eventhough I'm just a member of the MFC since November, that doesn't mean I wasn't a fan before, I just found out about the MFC after the gig in Amsterdam...

I queued on mondag and tuesday to catch a glimp of him when he came out, but stood to far at the back. At the supposed to be party I was "lucky" to get a photo and a autograph without being pushy or anything. After that I stepped back to give other the chance to speak to him.

After reading this thread I feel like I was one of them who ruined the party... Sorry :blink:

Yes, Yes, Yes i do understand about people having to go to the toilet, go get something to eat, etc (THANK GOD FOR NANDO'S BEING THERE!), But not for hours on end and then coming back with loads of shopping. I think that issue should of been adressed by someone...Maybe next time though.:)

I went shopping at Argos for a sleeping bag at 9:30 am and then late afternoon to get John a thank you card from the MFC for taking care of us with the hot chocolate and helping us out with the problems that occurred on Tuesday when the doors were opened.

The queue situation has become horrendous and if you are first in line you are looking at a 14 hour wait in cold temperatures so it does require some shopping, etc. since you are spending morning, noon and night attending the gigs. You are right that people should not be taking the piss and screwing off for many hours at a time though.

I do think the numbering system is helpful in that it prevented dozens of people who had not been at the venue at all from showing up at the last minute and inserting themselves into the front...because this is what had been happening in the past.

When Suzy and I arrived at Brixton in December we were about 20 places back and by the time we went in we were 50 places back. The numbering system is not perfect and still leads to some abuse, but I think it is the far lesser of two evils because it makes it easier for us to police ourselves and for everyone to get a better handle on who has been around all day and who hasn't.

I wake up this morning and see that this thread has gone way out of range again. How nice, but hey, what did I expect? :naughty:

This will be my last warning: if I hear "racist" comments about how foreigners shouldnt invade the UK for a MIKA gig AGAIN, I'll infract and ban. Especially if these members use multiple accounts to get their point across.:sneaky2:

As for the general debate, I'm appalled to see how the MFC as a group managed to feel dedicated fans (whom I know enough to say they are not of the pushy kind) feel bad about having had a pic or a chat with Mika during an after party that was nothing more than a first-class signing imo.

I am not saying you don't have the right to be pissed off but it seems the people who misbehaved at that afterparty are not on this forum or don't give a damn anyway. The result of your anger outbursts is just to make some nice members feel ill at ease and guilty. :thumbdown:

Thank you all for spoiling their fun. Great example of solidarity! :wub2:

im sorry i just got home at 12 am i felt i should be allowed a say i am now gonna try & get back in to normality mode & try ignore this thread prob best for all :thumb_yello:

Ok... I really don't know where to start and I'm afraid that my English is to bad to explain how I feel about this...

I was so happy that I got a wristband (Thanks again Allegra and Avoca!!) but now I feel a bit bad about it.

I was one of the people he'd never seen before, and now I feel like I shouldn't have been there. However, I think I am a true fan, but without the money to follow him from city to city and country to country. Eventhough I'm just a member of the MFC since November, that doesn't mean I wasn't a fan before, I just found out about the MFC after the gig in Amsterdam...

I queued on mondag and tuesday to catch a glimp of him when he came out, but stood to far at the back. At the supposed to be party I was "lucky" to get a photo and a autograph without being pushy or anything. After that I stepped back to give other the chance to speak to him.

After reading this thread I feel like I was one of them who ruined the party... Sorry :blink:

Do not feel sorry. Cherish the memories you have and don't let this whole s*it-stirring ruin it for you.

Moreover noone is in Mika's head, and from the little I ASSUME, I'm sure he likes meeting new faces! It proves him he gets more and more hard-core fans and I'm sure that's what every artist hopes for!