The Australian Thread: Part Ten

half of my brain wishes it understood what you 2 were on bout, the other half is glad it doesnt know... gee i love when my brain argues with itself

Haha, mine does that ALL THE TIME. Mainly when it comes to eating calorie-intensive food...one part of my brain, the conscious side, is saying 'That's going to go straight to your arse' and the other side is saying 'shut up, it's yummy.' Sadly, the second one usually wins.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, mine does that ALL THE TIME. Mainly when it comes to eating calorie-intensive food...one part of my brain, the conscious side, is saying 'That's going to go straight to your arse' and the other side is saying 'shut up, it's yummy.' Sadly, the second one usually wins.

oh yeh i hear ya!!! the problem is after the second side wins a third part of your brain seems to appear with the "why did i gain 7kgs in 6 months"

:blink: :blink: I seriously don't understand...

So basically the whole thing is nicked from pagan's? What's it got to do with Jesus/Christianity then?

It still signifies the death and resurrection of Jesus...

Christianity is known for taking aspects of other religions and incorporating them in itself. It makes converting people easier, since the religion the pagans etc convert to has many similar aspects to their own religion.

*From Germany came the 'crocodile' finish which by breaking up the smooth surface, disguised minor imperfections; still used today by some manufacturers, this was the forerunner to the many distinctive finishes now available.

Ahh, I've just been wondering about that this easter. Sneaky sneaky.

Perfect.

I voted for that one...

I voted for the marriage certificate. Just because the mental image I get of someone casually handing him a marriage certificate to sign is just priceless:roftl: . More so than this one. Not saying this wouldn't also be :naughty:

I didn't want a pic because it costed money so I just took a pic of him.

Sucky! So that's how he gets money - oh well, still sucky. Guess that's what photoshop is for :fisch:

I'm trying to learn this song, because I think my neighbours/pets are getting sick of my butchering Mika songs :fisch:

So I'm probably going to zone out. Toodles :mf_rosetinted:

It still signifies the death and resurrection of Jesus...

Christianity is known for taking aspects of other religions and incorporating them in itself. It makes converting people easier, since the religion the pagans etc convert to has many similar aspects to their own religion.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

The whole "molding aspects of other religions to fit theirs to convert people" idea is a bit :boxed:

*dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-da-dun-da dun-da-da-da-dun-da-da*

*zones out*

Good afternoon Liz.. Happy Easter!! *waves*

Evening! Thank you verra much. :wub2: Happy Easter to you too!

My stirring arm hurts... making cookies and cupcakes... I'm turning into Martha Stewart.

:mf_pain:

*pretend this is a Martha Stewart emoticon*

half of my brain wishes it understood what you 2 were on bout, the other half is glad it doesnt know... gee i love when my brain argues with itself

Haha, it's just random blabber as usual. :naughty:

Ahh, I've just been wondering about that this easter. Sneaky sneaky.

I voted for the marriage certificate. Just because the mental image I get of someone casually handing him a marriage certificate to sign is just priceless:roftl: . More so than this one. Not saying this wouldn't also be :naughty:

Sucky! So that's how he gets money - oh well, still sucky. Guess that's what photoshop is for :fisch:

I'm trying to learn this song, because I think my neighbours/pets are getting sick of my butchering Mika songs :fisch:

So I'm probably going to zone out. Toodles :mf_rosetinted:

He has a security guy with him who also yells at people to get out of the streets because the crowd had gotten big. I stood around and watched for about 5 minutes.

I like that song! I used to listen to her and Michelle Branch a lot when I was younger.

Hello!

Not much. I'm trying to clean out my room at the moment but I keep getting distracted.

What about you?

not much, going fishing at dartmouth 2morow, never been there, havent been fishing since i was 8 either, hoping its alright and also hoping i catch more than the bf

Dammit.

Suffer!

*looks for a more painful colour*

*settles on yellow*

I was skimming posts and came across yours and was ready to punch you for using such a stupid colour and then realised you were doing it on purpose. Is it Finkster who uses a really small blu font? I always struggle to read her posts!

i worked my last weekend shift at my job.. aka "****sville" that was the last time ill ever have to balance them stupid registers. yaaaaaaaaaaaay. i am now posting everyone wine and chocolate to celebrate with me

and in a few months when im still unemployed ill be hoping goon does the trick to celebrate with

Happily accepts wine and chocolates- so why have you given up this job (lost your love of fruit & veg? :naughty: )

My stirring arm hurts... making cookies and cupcakes... I'm turning into Martha Stewart.

:mf_pain:

*pretend this is a Martha Stewart emoticon*

:roftl:

I bought a block of cooking chocolate the other day because I had a sudden urge to make brownies ... but it never happened :blink:

*posts with the hope of being first on the page*

How is everyone this evening?

EDIT: D'oh! I was reading the previous page so I thought it was at the end of the page.

Sucked in!!!! :lmao:

I'm fine thanks, am currently frustrated with my hands because they keep doing the wrong rythm (and now my brain is throwing a spaz and can't spell that word) and I've listened to the song 400x now but she goes to fast for it to register where I'm doing it wrong.

He has a security guy with him who also yells at people to get out of the streets because the crowd had gotten big. I stood around and watched for about 5 minutes.

Laaaaaaameeeee! What a sook, having a security guard :thumbdown: I just lost all respect for our pants-less friend.

I like that song! I used to listen to her and Michelle Branch a lot when I was younger.

*youtube searches*

OMG! Me too!

I can never remember people's names :roftl:

Same with that 'Vanessa Carlton', I was just going through this guy who makes brilliant tutorials' videos and was like :blink: and then he started playing and I was like OMGILOVEDTHISSONG!

Hmm, it smells like your not supposed to just chuck sausage-roll-things in the oven and then not clean it out afterwards. I had one yesterday, and now that I put another one in there it appears that (or smells like) the flakes that fell onto the bottom of the oven yesterday are burning now...

I was skimming posts and came across yours and was ready to punch you for using such a stupid colour and then realised you were doing it on purpose. Is it Finkster who uses a really small blu font? I always struggle to read her posts!

:lmfao: :lmfao:

So now you don't want to punch me anymore? :cheerful_h4h:

Ohh, yes, her's annoys me too.

I bought a block of cooking chocolate the other day because I had a sudden urge to make brownies ... but it never happened

Sucked in!!!! :lmao:

I'm fine thanks, am currently frustrated with my hands because they keep doing the wrong rythm (and now my brain is throwing a spaz and can't spell that word) and I've listened to the song 400x now but she goes to fast for it to register where I'm doing it wrong.

Laaaaaaameeeee! What a sook, having a security guard :thumbdown: I just lost all respect for our pants-less friend.

*youtube searches*

OMG! Me too!

I can never remember people's names :roftl:

Same with that 'Vanessa Carlton', I was just going through this guy who makes brilliant tutorials' videos and was like :blink: and then he started playing and I was like OMGILOVEDTHISSONG!

Hmm, it smells like your not supposed to just chuck sausage-roll-things in the oven and then not clean it out afterwards. I had one yesterday, and now that I put another one in there it appears that (or smells like) the flakes that fell onto the bottom of the oven yesterday are burning now...

It's a good thing he had that guy there though. People just started standing in the street. :shocked:

For some reason I can't really tell apart Michelle Branch from Vanessa Carlton. I guess they just sound similar to me.

Aw I wanted to learn piano. :tears: I REALLY wanted to take guitar 1 and piano 1 this semester but they only offered guitar and piano 2. Kind of bums me out because this is the first semester that I can take whatever class I really please. The past 2 and a half years I've always had to take required classes for my major and then their stupid general education units (aka pay us more cash to take crap classes that you'll never need and waste time when you could be taking something more valuable to you.) If I didn't have to take those classes I could probably graduate in like I don't know, twoish years instead of four... soooo I've never been able to take a just for fun class until now since I'm leaving.

I am proud to say that after 9 years I finally know how to tune my guitar. :punk:

It's a good thing he had that guy there though. People just started standing in the street.

Well he shouldn't be making an arse out of him self right next to busy street. :mf_rosetinted:

For some reason I can't really tell apart Michelle Branch from Vanessa Carlton. I guess they just sound similar to me.

:shocked:

Obviously Vanessa plays piano and Michelle plays guitar :doh:!!

*is going by the two videos she saw today*

Aw I wanted to learn piano. I REALLY wanted to take guitar 1 and piano 1 this semester but they only offered guitar and piano 2. Kind of bums me out because this is the first semester that I can take whatever class I really please. The past 2 and a half years I've always had to take required classes for my major and then their stupid general education units (aka pay us more cash to take crap classes that you'll never need and waste time when you could be taking something more valuable to you.) If I didn't have to take those classes I could probably graduate in like I don't know, twoish years instead of four... soooo I've never been able to take a just for fun class until now since I'm leaving.

I am proud to say that after 9 years I finally know how to tune my guitar.

Ah damn. :thumbdown:

I can't believe you have classes like "piano" and "guitar"!

I get no electives ever. Except in like last year I get to chose between two classes.

I haven't gotten any lessons, I can only play the starts of songs from tutorials by that guy (only the starts because I get bored/distracted easily), and also jingle bells :cheerful_h4h:

:yay: For tuning! I can't do that crap at all, Im so glad I don't have to. My friend has been trying to learn guitar for like 5 years now also, with renewed enthusiasm just now, and has been whining about how she can't tune too :roftl:

Heyyyyyyyyy! :biggrin2:

(You just scared the crap out of me, you made me think I'd somehow managed to accidentally post in the wrong (humphrey's) thread :roftl: :roftl:)

Fine otherwise ?

Talking about crap,the weather is awful over here :thumbdown:

I bet it's great in Australia,isn't it ?

Fine otherwise ?

I bet it's great in Australia,isn't it ?

Today it was lovely: sunny and warm. :thumb_yello: But for the last fortnight or so we've had an awful heatwave with rarely a day under 35-40 degrees celsius. :thumbdown:

Remixes hurt my ears and brain :boxed:

But at least this one hasn't messed about with his voice, so it's not as bad as it could be :bleh:

Fine otherwise ?

I bet it's great in Australia,isn't it?

:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Yes, it's quite nice here, thanks :naughty: