Question about Gray Skelly?

Marilyn Mastin

Hi there.

I was wondering about the big skeleton that walks on stage in the recent concerts, and hugs Mika. I found out its called Gray Skelly, and I think it's brilliant! I saw it live at Brixton on the 28th, and couldn't help wondering how it's made to move?

I thought, perhaps there are two people in it, one standing on the other's shoulders, but the skeleton seems too slim for that to be right. So I wondered if it's moved by wires, from above, but it seems too big for that.

However it works, it is a work of genius. It's become one of the many things about Mika and his world that is so unique.

So, does anyone know how it works, and what do others think of this character. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how Luke now wears a balaklava, as if we don't already know that it's him:roftl: Maybe he's trying to protect himself of Mika's kissing, in case he misses the Skelly's face and goes for Luke's lips:roftl: :roftl:

haha, i was thinking of that, but i was afraid ppl would chase me with fire and pitchforks!:roftl:

*chases phunkygal with a rake and a bunch of torches instead* :roftl: i think luke's gonna go on a coma if that ever happens to him,so will mika perhaps,haha.and me! :naughty:

So, the way it works is... Luke controls it somehow? I must admit I didn't notice anyone behind the skeleton. I think it's very cleverly done, and very effective when you see it from the audiance.

probably,but if you watch it in according to the camera view,it really is luke who's been controlling the whole thing.it is brilliant aint it?

I find it funny how Luke now wears a balaklava, as if we don't already know that it's him:roftl: Maybe he's trying to protect himself of Mika's kissing, in case he misses the Skelly's face and goes for Luke's lips:roftl: :roftl:

That's especially because they think Phunky is too young too die of a heartattack!

LouiseHumansubject.jpg

I took this picture at the Kool Haus gig in Toronto on January 29. If you look, there is a person (Luke) behine Gray Skelly.

I also love this picture because Mika who is 6'3'' (maybe 6'4'' with his hair) is usually seen as a very tall man. But next to Gray Skelly (a 20 ft skeleton) he looks miniature.

LouiseHumansubject.jpg

I took this picture at the Kool Haus gig in Toronto on January 29. If you look, there is a person (Luke) behine Gray Skelly.

I also love this picture because Mika who is 6'3'' (maybe 6'4'' with his hair) is usually seen as a very tall man. But next to Gray Skelly (a 20 ft skeleton) he looks miniature.

thanks for sharing! i havent seen that one tho :shocked: so it's luke then.

i dun know too, it's like he's hugging him :shocked::boxed:

i see 4 hands...:roftl: :roftl:

and who call it Gray Skelly first?:blink:

lollipopgirl83 came up with the name, and then last month I asked Mika what he calls the skeleton, and he said "Gray Skelly." So either he's still reading us, or that's one heck of a coincidence. :thumb_yello:

RE: GRAY SKELLY!

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1846/p1080711qq2.jpg

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to ask about this.

I figured out that a person standing behind operates it,

BUT . . .

Q: WHO IS THAT PERSON (Really? LUKE?)

+

Q: IS IT ALWAYS THE SAME PERSON?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/spikenet2001/Mika%20at%20Doncaster%20Dome%2024%20November%202007/P1020401.jpg

[sEE THE "HAND?"]

I felt lke everyone but me already knew, soo . . . didn't ever ask !

lollipopgirl83 came up with the name, and then last month I asked Mika what he calls the skeleton, and he said "Gray Skelly." So either he's still reading us, or that's one heck of a coincidence. :thumb_yello:

He referred to Mellody as Gray Skelly as well because she was wearing the costume.

I suppose some fans may have told him about the name, but it's still cool that he uses it.

I wonder if he'll take my suggestion to call the second album The Brilliant Hurricane. :fisch:

He referred to Mellody as Gray Skelly as well because she was wearing the costume.

I suppose some fans may have told him about the name, but it's still cool that he uses it.

I wonder if he'll take my suggestion to call the second album The Brilliant Hurricane. :fisch:

He should, It's a great name:biggrin2: