2008 - Mika @ The Capital Radio Awards

Becky

The video player is here.

http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/player/default.asp?s=71&e=39614

There's a menu on the right and you have to click on the backstage interviews...choose the Mika one obviously. :wink2:

?

Thanks so much for that Christine!!!

mikacapital23yb2.jpg

I fail to believe there isn't a thread about this, but I searched. I thought the fact that he won 2 awards, it deserved a thread!!!!!!!!!:biggrin2:

Well done Mika for winning Best British Male Artist and Best UK Album!! :woot_jump:

http://www.capitalradio.co.uk/Article.asp?id=621229

Thanks Becky for bringing this to the front page!!!

The photos are tremendous - thanks for sharing, Dani et al!!!!

Congrats to Mika for the well deserved awards won today! No doubt many more to come......:biggrin2: !!!

I think it is going to be awhile for this album. I expected he'd be laying down tracks in LA right now, not hanging out in London.

Wasn't he recording LICM in the summer of 2006? Or have I always just guessed that?

Thank you for the transcript and the link, Christine!

I thought he was done recording by the summer of 2006. Wasn't he already playing a few promo shows in August 2006?

And I didn't expect him to be laying down tracks now. He deserves at least a month to just hang out and relax. (Although it doesn't look like he's relaxing ALL that much, flying back and forth to the US. Maybe he IS recording a bit after all.)

I like the end of his acceptance speech for Best UK Male Artist "...it's a pleasure to support 'Help A London Child'. Give money. 'Cause I know that the majority of the music industry is f*cking stingy. But today we'll make an exception." :naughty:

Is it just me or did Katie Price look unenthusiastic announcing the award: "Oh. Mika" "Oh there you go, another one". :blink:

I like the end of his acceptance speech for Best UK Male Artist "...it's a pleasure to support 'Help A London Child'. Give money. 'Cause I know that the majority of the music industry is f*cking stingy. But today we'll make an exception." :naughty:

Is it just me or did Katie Price look unenthusiastic announcing the award: "Oh. Mika" "Oh there you go, another one". :blink:

where can I see this?

Never heard of the capital awards:blink:

is it just a UK thing?

Capital is a London radio station and they've been a huge supporter of Mika from the beginning. I tune in via the internet and that's where I first heard Mika (with a lot of hype from the DJ beforehand) around November 2006.

Hey Mika - I'm so happy for you! You wore your polka dot shirt again! I lurv polka dots. I actually wore polka dots to your Toronto concert a year ago today. It was my first one - concert, that is.

IMG_0766.jpg

I'm actually reliving the moment now (on the other thread Robertina and dcdeb started tonight).

One thing I noticed about your make up in some of the pics is that your foundation is a little too light. You look a little pale in a couple of them. And people are commenting that you're looking a little tired.

Try M.A.C. Hyper real spf15 - it gives you an all around glow. This is one I use to look dewy and healthy.

macfoundation.jpg

My sister is a make-up artist for M.A.C. cosmetics and we can help you find the right shade the next time you're in Toronto. I can also hook you up with some shimmer sparkly makeup too. That's always fun.

Anyways...your outfit was fab, and you spoke well for your acceptance speech and backstage interview! We were rooting for you as always:wub2: Congratulations on your two wins! :punk:

One thing I noticed about your make up in some of the pics is that your foundation is a little too light. You look a little pale in a couple of them. And people are commenting that you're looking a little tired.

Awwww, he looked nice. I especially like the hoodie-shirt combo. But then I like pale. Pale and scrawny and at death's door, hahahaha. Why yes, I have some goth tendencies, did my black hairdye tip you off?

My sister is a make-up artist for M.A.C. cosmetics and we can help you find the right shade the next time you're in Toronto. I can also hook you up with some shimmer sparkly makeup too. That's always fun.

Really? Why didn't you tell ME that? Now I want to come to Toronto. :naughty:

--Jack

Awwww, he looked nice. I especially like the hoodie-shirt combo. But then I like pale. Pale and scrawny and at death's door, hahahaha. Why yes, I have some goth tendencies, did my black hairdye tip you off?

Really? Why didn't you tell ME that? Now I want to come to Toronto. :naughty:

--Jack

My sister is becoming a commodity around here (eh Scut?:wink2: ) She has no clue....:naughty:

Yes Jack, he does look awesome, despite the light shade of makeup in 2 pics - but I'm always impressed by him (yes, I still get gaga). The goth/pale look is great - I love it! But only when you're actually trying to achieve that look intentionally. Kinda like Robert Smith from The Cure in Toronto on May 15th*hint hint*

The goth/pale look is great - I love it! But only when you're actually trying to achieve that look intentionally. Kinda like Robert Smith from The Cure in Toronto on May 15th*hint hint*

I'm tempted, I am! But it's so far... and I can see the Robert Smith look if I just attend my friend's band show in NY instead... :wink2:

4.jpg

See, it's the sister-makeup-artist that really sells me!

--Jack

My sister is becoming a commodity around here (eh Scut?:wink2: ) She has no clue....:naughty:

Yes Jack, he does look awesome, despite the light shade of makeup in 2 pics - but I'm always impressed by him (yes, I still get gaga). The goth/pale look is great - I love it! But only when you're actually trying to achieve that look intentionally. Kinda like Robert Smith from The Cure in Toronto on May 15th*hint hint*

Only if she comes with free bread rolls. :mf_rosetinted:

As for foundation, it's taken me forever to finally find the right shade: Maybelline Superstay Silky in "Light 4". They're always too light or too dark or too orangey or don't cover blemishes etc. Now I only wish it would have more moisture in it, it dries some parts of my face a bit. So I'm still in search of the "perfect" foundation. So I can understand why your make-up artist sister is Toronto's selling point for Jack. :naughty: