Mfc Convention

kath

you must live quite close, if not in staffordshire as my parents would not let me go at all, unless it is a bit closer....

Not really, I live in Kent, but it will be in the Summer Holidays - I think anyway - so yeh. They'd obviously prefer it at Thorpe Park/Chessington, thats nearer to me, but there are thousands of members on here, I cant demand it be somewhere else just because its easier for me - hopefully my parents will understand that! :thumb_yello: Can you not persuade them? I know my parents will say no first time, but if I keep going at it it will work. I want to be lawyer when Im aolder so all the persuading's good practice!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great idea! I'd love to come and would probably try my best but I think it really needs to be well organised and such.. but yes it's great! it would be very exciting... keep us updated!

It WILL be well organised rest assured. I have organised conferences before and Fred and I are asking others to help that have many years of experience with fan club events :thumb_yello:

would we be renting out the whole thing or just part of it:blink:

No' date=' we would need 15 000 people for that!

I am interested :D

Sometime in August or later might be good - to allow

folk to save and plan - but if you get more firm details

would it be possible to post it in the members only section

so that only folk signed in to this forum can access the meeting

details, and who is planning to go?

Yeah..I did think about that Wendi but decided that some people don't often venture into there..feel free to move it Fred or mods!

Convention is a great idea, just not so sure about Alton Towers as venue (as I just don't like rides), also maybe a bit pricey for younger members.

Yep have also considered this..and at this stage it is only an idea

What a terrific idea! :punk: Would love to attend, but not likely to be able to (unless i win big in the lotto before then):naughty: *thinks must remember to buy 6/49 tickets tomorrow*

Unfortunately this is when the global aspect of MFC makes it difficult for those who are spread far and away...but I still love the idea of a convention. Shari :wub2: must have some thoughts as she does the Queen convention regularly I think.

I wonder - does Canada do any sort of a social get-together for MFC'ers? Or the north-eastern states/south-eastern/central provinces? A secret gig?:fisch: peut-etre? hehehe

Yep..we are taking advice from Queen Shari!!!!!

No, we would need 15 000 people for that!

k good cuz then it would be like one crazy event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST IMAGINE A PLACE WHERE ONLY MFCERS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIKA WOULD HAVE TO COME!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE LOL

Ooh. Sound good! I love Alton Towers even though there are only about 3 rides I'll actually go on.:naughty: You don't really have to go on anything to have fun though in my opinion.... I'll appoint myself bag-holder while others go on rides :roftl:

If not at AT then anywhere in the country I'll be able to make. Providing it's not on the 28th June :wink2:

Ooh. Sound good! I love Alton Towers even though there are only about 3 rides I'll actually go on.:naughty: You don't really have to go on anything to have fun though in my opinion.... I'll appoint myself bag-holder while others go on rides :roftl:

If not at AT then anywhere in the country I'll be able to make. Providing it's not on the 28th June :wink2:

Are the rides so scary then?:naughty:

Are the rides so scary then?:naughty:

for wimps like me yeah :naughty:

Last time I went there I got persuaded to go on corkscrew. I got on, sat down and then got off the other side before they could strap me in:roftl:

for wimps like me yeah :naughty:

Last time I went there I got persuaded to go on corkscrew. I got on, sat down and then got off the other side before they could strap me in:roftl:

Hahaha, I did that too once, when I was 7. It was in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disney:naughty:

But now I'm a real thrillseeker and I've seen so many themeparks and rides that I'm hardly afraid of anything:roftl:

Hahaha, I did that too once, when I was 7. It was in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disney:naughty:

But now I'm a real thrillseeker and I've seen so many themeparks and rides that I'm hardly afraid of anything:roftl:

You went on the POTC ride at Disney? Lucky:thumb_yello: Cool...I've never been there but my love of Johnny Depp would make the Piartes of the Caibbean ride my first stop:biggrin2:

You went on the POTC ride at Disney? Lucky:thumb_yello: Cool...I've never been there but my love of Johnny Depp would make the Piartes of the Caibbean ride my first stop:biggrin2:

Yea but it was yeaaaars ago. Now they all have these puppets of Jack Sparrow there and when I went they didn't. So I have to go back:naughty:

Might also finally go into Space Mountain then:roftl:

Awww wow! this would be ace!

I love alton towers, but its just so busy in the summer hols :emot-sad: 2-3hour queues for most of the good rides...... :thumbdown:

Yes, that is a very good point. When I get to talk to the people there we can discuss dates. :thumb_yello:

We are very aware that finacially it won't be possible for everyone. It is quite expensive and of course there are other costs like accomodation and travel. However, as I said, nothing is set in stone yet. Even if we try this this year, as the first one, other years we can look at other alternatives :thumb_yello:

Yes, that is a very good point. When I get to talk to the people there we can discuss dates. :thumb_yello:

We are very aware that finacially it won't be possible for everyone. It is quite expensive and of course there are other costs like accomodation and travel. However, as I said, nothing is set in stone yet. Even if we try this this year, as the first one, other years we can look at other alternatives :thumb_yello:

Yes, its not a cheap day out by any means. But lots of the newspapers sometimes do promotions where you can collect tokens and you get free admission and things like that.

I would be up for it definately, it just depends on what the parents say though... :thumbdown:

we are looking in to the possiblity of holding our first MFC convention!

Oh, this is when it's depressing to live in the US. I would love to come but it's too far, and too expensive. *sigh*

omg that sounds amazing!!!! the u.s reps are also organizing its own reunion in nyc! maybe i can try to persuade my parents to let me go but it depends when:biggrin2:

This sounds like a good idea! I've flown to NYC for a Hanson concert/fan gathering before, so I could do it again for Mika!

Haha, when Mika's away, MFCers will play. There's going to be a lot of conventions in the works this year! :thumb_yello: