The Calvin Harris thread

Niki27

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I love this man more than words could say. I merged my breaks when working at V festival this weekend so I could go and see him and he absolutely 'went off'. I only got to see half of his set though. :(

I love his tweets. He's the reason I joined twitter. M&S should be paying him commission - I was on twitter in college and he was tweeting about M&S food and it made me and my friends crave an M&S lunch so we went into town at lunchtime and spent looooads of money on food. WHOOPS!

Ah I love this man more than words could say. I merged my breaks when working at V festival this weekend so I could go and see him and he absolutely 'went off'. I only got to see half of his set though. :(

I love his tweets. He's the reason I joined twitter. M&S should be paying him commission - I was on twitter in college and he was tweeting about M&S food and it made me and my friends crave an M&S lunch so we went into town at lunchtime and spent looooads of money on food. WHOOPS!

Every time he says a gig "went off" I crack up. I have never heard that expression before. And the food tweets are awesome. :roftl:

Haha it's a British thing I guess. I love how upset he was about his Kinder Egg jigsaw of Tom and Jerry not being true to the characters. Tbh I just love him. I think I might marry him. I can cook, so he'll probably have me. :thumb_yello:

Guest bookmarkmaster

Calvin-Harris-Ready-for-the-Weekend.jpg

Calvin Harris - Ready For The Weekend (2009)

English | CD | MP3 @ 199 kbps | Sony | 74.55 MB

Genre: Electronic

Harris had been working on the album since the release of his first album, I Created Disco, with the first tracks being recorded in 2008. On 3 April 2008, Harris stated that the only existing copy of his upcoming album work was lost when his laptop was misplaced during the baggage handling problems at the opening of London Heathrow Terminal 5. He later stated on the BBC’s Glastonbury Festival 2008 coverage that he got his baggage back including the album within a few days. Harris recently admitted however that this was an “untruth†as the album was not in his luggage at all, and that he hoped the lie would buy him some more time to finish recording the LP.

On 3 April 2008, Harris stated that the only existing copy of his upcoming album work was lost when his laptop was misplaced during the baggage handling problems at the opening of London Heathrow Terminal 5. He later stated on the BBC’s Glastonbury Festival 2008 coverage that he got his baggage back including the album within a few days. Harris recently admitted however that this was an “untruth†as the album was not in his luggage at all, and that he hoped the lie would buy him some more time to finish recording the LP.

:boxed: Umm to me this makes no sense :blink:

Hmm. Weird. I have no idea.

... BUT, I am SO jealous you got to see him!! Tell me moreeee!

I'm not sure I should lol.

I dunno, I didn't like it so much. First of all, the set was REALLY short. 40 minutes or so. Huge disappointment. Secondly, I expected a lot of new songs, which never came... Besides, they all look and act so serious now, nothing to do with the 2007/08 attitude. (Rah, the good old days...)

I'm pretty sure he mimes on certain songs... and the audience was crap. Pushy, hysterical, with loads of 16 year old fangirls who obviously couldn't sing along cause they had never heard the songs before, but saved their breath to scream "Calviiiiiiiiiiiin I love youuuuuuuu", "Calviiiiiiiiiin, you're hottttttttt" during the whole show. I am covered in bruises and scratches and when you spend half the show looking back to see the crowdsurfers coming in order not to get hit in the face by one AGAIN, you can't really enjoy it, can you? :sneaky2: (BTW, I don't apologize to the one I punched, it was well deserved. I'm against violence, usually, but HEY, one can only have so much patience :mf_rosetinted:)

Like I just said on Twitter, Calvin in Paris = NEVER AGAIN. (At this stage at least, I know myself, I might change my mind :naughty:)

Anyway, I grabbed the setlist:

ReSsetlist.jpg

And this (I have several, in case someone would want one, but they're huge and in cardboard so I really couldn't mail them sorry, u'd need to come and get it yourself ;)):

CHposter2.jpg

And the vids, which are shaky, sorry for that:

You used to hold me

I created Disco

It definitely looks like he's miming Used to Hold Me... hmm. I still love him, but it just doesn't seem to be the same as it used to be. And that's weird that it was so short and he hardly played any new songs! He's supposed to be promoting that album! Thanks for the pics/vids though!

I don't understand the point in lipsynching.

It never bothered any of his fans he wasn't a great singer. In fact, if I had one critic to make about the second album, it'd be that it's a pity he distorted his voice so much. If he starts miming on stage to boot, it's beyond disappointing. If he's such a perfectionist he wants to sound perfect at gigs, he could just play samples onstage instead of pretending. I'd sure have more respect for him if he did.

Oh well... We'll see what happens. But it's the first time in 2 years I am disappointed in one of his shows. Feels weird :boxed:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...